VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work closely with Kenny at HSTNG. Can you tell me what kind of questions you're referring to or point me somewhere? I looked at the comments and only one person had a question; it was about the ever changing timeline. I can likely get answers for you if you explain the issue. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Klily, I know Kenny works closely with LE. Can he share any more info about this change in last seen and what it's about? I assume he got it straight from Norfolk PD as our WS member here did, but would be great to confirm. Thanks for all HSTNG does!

I think for me, the thing I cannot get passed is that there was no SM postings after the night of the 1st. Someone said maybe she didn't have time to tweet. She had a half hour (supposedly) of starey, no talkie time at the gas station to tweet to her heart's content. I believe that whole story is to justify why the truck was at the gas station for so long. MOO was that it was getting cleaned. That whole interview to me, is suspect. I think there may be snippets of truth that accidentally slipped out, but most was to misdirect and explain away things-ie what is this withdrawal for $200? Blame it on the one person who can't contradict the story.

BBM above...this is an excellent thought.

I work closely with Kenny at HSTNG. Can you tell me what kind of questions you're referring to or point me somewhere? I looked at the comments and only one person had a question; it was about the ever changing timeline. I can likely get answers for you if you explain the issue. :)

I was making the comment that on the picture that was posted from HSTNG it says "MISSING: AJ HADSELL, was last seen between the evening hours of March 2, 2015 and morning hours of March 3, 2015 in the TARRALLTON AREA of Norfolk, Va. If you know the whereabouts of AJ please contact the Norfolk Police Department at (757) 664-7026. #helpsavethenextgirl #bringajhome" https://www.facebook.com/SaveTheNex...8701238821410/941412549216939/?type=1&theater

Last seen between the evening hours of...this statement changes the previous statements made by Bring AJ Home FB page and WH's interview statements. I also thought I remember seeing a picture of this same photo that HSTNG shared on their website. I just don't see it anymore. That is why I thought that maybe the admin of the site removed the HSTNG photo from their site because it has a conflicting timeline. Maybe they didn't want people to recognize the differences in those statements.

IF there was a meeting at the gas station that went on for so long he was late back to work, how did he forget this happened for over a week? I don't believe this meeting took place.

I do want to say if you had anything to do with this, anyone, if you can hear these words: you will be brought to justice whether legitimately or not.

This sounds like a threat to me. I do not feel he would make a threat to someone he belives did something to AJ unless he is telling the truth. It is documented if something ever happens to that person he will be the first suspect.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1025uXR2A4W5cOl08c74yyTAfnP2z2upQdFdywZTtyEw/edit?pli=1

A friend actually suggested that scenario today, but then we talked ourselves our of it because we figured LE would be all over that.

Reviewed, but still catching up. You WSers are a steady bunch, as the facts pour out like a smoothie out of blender, in trying to find gorgeous, smart and sporty AJ. Thank you for your great considerations.

If I'm reading it right, Ontario Mom's emphasis on the last contact AJ had on her phone, prior to the 7 am time she was last reported to have been seen by her family members, does really stick out. 10 pm the night before, does stick out, but there could be innocuous explanations.

"She was last see between the evening hours of March 2, and the morning hours of March 3." Sjm_qc LE Query

Her step-dad, I realize is grasping at straws, naturally, as I would too if my kid were missing, yet led an effort that actually found evidence. I'm trying to keep an open mind and not to be blind to the truth of where AJ may be, and hope LE has a lot more information as they proceed. As such, I'm not able to overlook my quibble with the intent of AJ's step-dad's out reach. He seems, even after the most uncritical ways of looking at how things played, to me, to be misdirecting, lashing out, probing and con-temporizing his statements as the days move on. That confuses things.

For example:
At this point, it seems the amount of money he spoke of having been given to AJ, $200, along with the $100 she was given the week before, may be a contemporization, or streamlining the timeline to fit, if you will, to lead one to think she may have run away. I'm not sure why as to the intent of this, and LE hasn't treated this like a run-away case, it seems to me. I hope I'm wrong and AJ is taking some time someplace safe, alive at least.

The debit card in pieces; step dad's account of the handing out "some cash;" the lack of SM the night prior; the lack of anyone having seen her after 7 am, at first; then, when you consider that LE knows of the step dad and AJ's exchange at the gas station, and his account of handing out "some cash" as well, says something.

This scenario is starting to seem plausible to me, AJ may have had her phone and access to cash restricted, maybe some brewing argument that came to a head, cards were cut up (maybe thrown out later), phones were shut off, ultimatums may have been spoken, silence and anger, I'm making wild guesses. It shouldn't be so. AJ's family want to find her, so it would help if AJ's dad, their spokesman, came off as trust-worthy and not suspicious. I hope that can change for her sake.

Klily, I know Kenny works closely with LE. Can he share any more info about this change in last seen and what it's about? I assume he got it straight from Norfolk PD as our WS member here did, but would be great to confirm. Thanks for all HSTNG does!

No, I'm afraid not. LE has been very tight lipped in this case, as we've all been experiencing. :(

As yes, many thanks to Kenny and HSTNG!!

I was making the comment that on the picture that was posted from HSTNG it says "MISSING: AJ HADSELL, was last seen between the evening hours of March 2, 2015 and morning hours of March 3, 2015 in the TARRALLTON AREA of Norfolk, Va. If you know the whereabouts of AJ please contact the Norfolk Police Department at (757) 664-7026. #helpsavethenextgirl #bringajhome" https://www.facebook.com/SaveTheNex...8701238821410/941412549216939/?type=1&theater

Last seen between the evening hours of...this statement changes the previous statements made by Bring AJ Home FB page and WH's interview statements. I also thought I remember seeing a picture of this same photo that HSTNG shared on their website. I just don't see it anymore. That is why I thought that maybe the admin of the site removed the HSTNG photo from their site because it has a conflicting timeline. Maybe they didn't want people to recognize the differences in those statements.

It's possible the admin did remove the flier; I am not sure. Maybe the family and LE aren't in agreement on the timeline for who knows what reason.

So if the neighbor seen the white car pass by then why no gender and race and somewhat age description of the driver? Since he was right there he should have been able to say something about the driver. Especially since he was able to notice AJ driving with a purpose.

I do want to say if you had anything to do with this, anyone, if you can hear these words: you will be brought to justice whether legitimately or not.

This sounds like a threat to me. I do not feel he would make a threat to someone he belives did something to AJ unless he is telling the truth. It is documented if something ever happens to that person he will be the first suspect.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1025uXR2A4W5cOl08c74yyTAfnP2z2upQdFdywZTtyEw/edit?pli=1

On the flip side, if there is no one but himself who knows that happened to AJ, he wouldn't be threatening anyone but himself :) just a thought ..

On the flip side, if there is no one but himself who knows that happened to AJ, he wouldn't be threatening anyone but himself :) just a thought ..

You are very right!

Sorry I haven't been here for a few days. I took a while to catch up! I think that everyone has lost some perspective as to why we are all here....TO help find AJ.

I can understand all of the conclusions everyone has come to because, let's be honest, WH has made it easy to come to those conclusions. But no one should assume anything or point fingers without the facts and with NPD not providing them that's hard to do. I can say that they hardly ever give out information and have been under scrutiny lately. Perhaps that is why they are so tight lipped. IDK

WH is no published speaker but I also don't think he is intentionally trying to hide anything. He just doesn't know how to say things and sometimes tries to sound educated. That happens if you have never talked to an audience. Many of the things he has said can be explained if you look at it differently.

He left the key to the truck but now the door key. Big deal! It comes OD be an old truck. I would have to check, but there used to be a separate door key and an ignition key for those old enough to remember.

They met at the gas station. It's possible that she was filling up the truck and they just stood there and it was more than likely WAWA's. They serve food. Maybe they sat there in silence. Especially if it was awkward because the parents are split up as some think.

He gave her $200. Does it matter what for or if he asked just because some of us would? They may be different and don't ask a good kid what they need it for. People are different

Soory my rant is still not long but everyone is forgetting what the reason we are here for and stuck on laying blame for something we don't kn w the truth about yet....instead maybe start asking why NPD has said nothing and why an abandoned dog gets more coverage on local news that the two missing my people in this area.

Oh and the kid that saw AJ was out working in the front yard and lives a few blocks over from where the house is so the neighbor who saw the white car there is a different person.

Spokesperson?

It is, you're right, if that person exists. I wondered how he could do that in public and feel safe doing it? A few possibilities sprang to mind:

1. He's hot headed enough to not know the consequences of what he said, in the heat of the moment, seems natural, arguably under the circumstances and the unprofessional tenor of the interview format, so to be taken with a grain of salt, and in context. A parent would be going through the list of suspects in their head constantly in such a case, naturally, I imagine. I imagine, I would feel like AJ?'s step-dad, certainly, but I would have used my words more wisely to advance finding my child.

2. He knows for sure that person doesn't exist.

3. He knows for sure who that person is and it's a hollow threat like #2, as opposed to #1

I queried NPD on the "last seen" time discrepancy. Here is the answer I received yesterday afternoon:

(Don't know how to share a screenshot here, or if that's allowed?)

ME:
Anjelica Hadsell case: in your news release here, you say: "Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell was last seen on March 3, 2015 around 5:30 am at her parent’s home in the Tarrallton Area of Norfolk"

Family and media have been saying they last saw her at home at 7 am on the 2nd, and that a neighbour saw her at 2.30pm that day.

On Thursday 3/12, her father told media he also saw her around noon on the 2nd. It's all very confusing.

Is it possible for you to clarify these "last" seen times? Thank you.

Norfolk Police Department:

She was last see between the evening hours of March 2, and the morning hours of March 3.
Yesterday at 2:26pm · Sent from Web

Annnnndddd, the news release I was referring to, has apparently gone from the NPD Facebook page....

I just submitted the request for the MP report

Having a lengthy conversation with ZH myself, I can confirm he has spoke to the police extensively but he has had no contact with her since she was 13. As he put it, she finally gave in to her mothers hatred for him. He has been going to great length to try and help (hence the flyers with more detail about physical aspects of her body) and apparently has confirmed to the media he has the reward money to put up.

Thank you very much! You're all three terrific to do this.

"a minute or minute and a half later he recognized a white small compact car following her" - WH

How is a car that is a MINUTE behind her following her? That's a long time IMO.

For example:
At this point, it seems the amount of money he spoke of having been given to AJ, $200, along with the $100 she was given the week before, may be a contemporization, or streamlining the timeline to fit...
Respectfully snipped*
Building on your train of thought, didn't they find cash in the glove box of the truck?

I don't think she was using drugs or partying heavily. She was the school valedictorian. She was an athlete. Her FB and twitter do not portray a stoner lifestyle imo. There were some alcohol memes but I think those are typical first year college type posts. I don't think she OD'd. JMO

I 100% do not think this young girl partook in the drug scene, however if she didn't usually partake wouldn't she be more likely to OD?
Her body would not be use to the drugs and therefore someone with less tolerance (a new/first time drug trier) would OD long before a hard core drug user would.
Again I 100% do not think this is what happened, especially while she was home from college, but you never know.

Hey, lets see if we can come up with some theories on what happened to her if say something did happen after the hours of 7am that morning and when the daughter came home. I still am having trouble getting out of my mind that this kid said he actually saw AJ (they saw each other) though.

If something did happen to her after 10:30pm there are 3 other siblings in the house that might have heard a struggle. We can say that him bringing the truck home and dropping it off was a set up to use in the cover up. I wonder if the red truck is WH's personal truck. Also still cannot verify mom's place of employment that she actually was gone from the home all day. Maybe mom was the one that picked WH up after the truck was dropped off. No one has been stated who was WH's ride after he dropped off the truck. Maybe it was JH. I'm sure that if someone spotted her they wouldn't have thought twice about it as she belongs there. No one has come forward as a witness to WH dropping off the truck which means that most likely no one can say who actually picked him up. So I guess one of them has AJ's phone. The NPD are going to be able to tell the area her phone was in by those pings. So someone is going to have to drag that phone around with them actually giving AJ's phone an alibi. The parents have already said in public statements that they texted her last Tuesday early morning but not sure if it was her so someone had to have been doing the texting for AJ (one of her parents? Another accomplice driving the white car?) So now we have to get AJ's body (sorry this is harsh) out of the house right?! How? They would have to do it under the cover of darkness. Maybe Monday night in the middle of the night? That's why they actually didn't report her missing to NPD until Tuesday evening. They had to buy time. There are other kids in the house so that's not going to be easy to hide evidence or remove a body. Nor would getting a body out of a house in broad daylight without something seeming suspicious. The white car didn't stay long at the house that afternoon either because the daughter said it was gone when she got home and the witness places it there after 2pm. That 22 minute window period.

I'm stumped on the phone thing. It's going to be traced. It was on Monday night into the early am Tuesday. Who has the phone?

Reviewed, but still catching up. You WSers are a steady bunch, as the facts pour out like a smoothie out of blender, in trying to find gorgeous, smart and sporty AJ. Thank you for your great considerations.

If I'm reading it right, Ontario Mom's emphasis on the last contact AJ had on her phone, prior to the 7 am time she was last reported to have been seen by her family members, does really stick out. 10 pm the night before, does stick out, but there could be innocuous explanations.

"She was last see between the evening hours of March 2, and the morning hours of March 3." Sjm_qc LE Query

Her step-dad, I realize is grasping at straws, naturally, as I would too if my kid were missing, yet led an effort that actually found evidence. I'm trying to keep an open mind and not to be blind to the truth of where AJ may be, and hope LE has a lot more information as they proceed. As such, I'm not able to overlook my quibble with the intent of AJ's step-dad's out reach. He seems, even after the most uncritical ways of looking at how things played, to me, to be misdirecting, lashing out, probing and con-temporizing his statements as the days move on. That confuses things.

For example:
At this point, it seems the amount of money he spoke of having been given to AJ, $200, along with the $100 she was given the week before, may be a contemporization, or streamlining the timeline to fit, if you will, to lead one to think she may have run away. I'm not sure why as to the intent of this, and LE hasn't treated this like a run-away case, it seems to me. I hope I'm wrong and AJ is taking some time someplace safe, alive at least.

The debit card in pieces; step dad's account of the handing out "some cash;" the lack of SM the night prior; the lack of anyone having seen her after 7 am, at first; then, when you consider that LE knows of the step dad and AJ's exchange at the gas station, and his account of handing out "some cash" as well, says something.

This scenario is starting to seem plausible to me, AJ may have had her phone and access to cash restricted, maybe some brewing argument that came to a head, cards were cut up (maybe thrown out later), phones were shut off, ultimatums may have been spoken, silence and anger, I'm making wild guesses. It shouldn't be so. AJ's family want to find her, so it would help if AJ's dad, their spokesman, came off as trust-worthy and not suspicious. I hope that can change for her sake.

Could she have gotten in a fight with her mom about money? Perhaps her phone was taken? So, she turned to her step dad for money? Maybe she no longer had a car because her mom now needed it due to their separation? Could she have gone for a walk to blow off steam and get away from her mom? Did the step dad not want to reveal meeting and giving her money because the mom would not approve? Not trying to make her Mom sound bad - raising kids is tough and her actions may have been very appropriate.

Still a lot of holes in his story but are we confusing a complete lack of communication skills with guilt?

So if the neighbor seen the white car pass by then why no gender and race and somewhat age description of the driver? Since he was right there he should have been able to say something about the driver. Especially since he was able to notice AJ driving with a purpose.

All of a sudden we have a blank on the driver. We don't even know how long the car was there or what the driver did. BIG question right there. OR did they see the red truck earlier and ASSUMED AJ was driving it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member