Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if they can get in big trouble for disclosing the investigation to the account holder, why would that information be passed on to two investigative journalists? Even though the two journalists have been correct many times, it's not like their names are recognizable enough to form a relationship with a major source in the FBI or law enforcement agency? Maybe they have? It just seems odd that they would have received information regarding subpoenas, bank account holder information, etc...

How would the two investigative journalists get in trouble?

Don't they also have a right to protect their inside sources like any other journalists?

I would think the Shield Law would include them.

Often we hear in the media from their inside sources that certain people or agencies are being investigated even though the investigators refuse to reveal it in the media/publicly. It really isn't odd for reporters or investigative journalists to receive information that others don't.

Whoever let them see the documents is someone who trust them I would think. I sure don't think that JT would make this up. It was said that all the information/documents have been seized so this sounds like it has been an ongoing investigation for some time.

It isn't uncommon for a police agency to pose as a sympathizer on a certain site so they can gain the trust of those who run it. Sometimes they will be on the site for many months or years. It seems to me there was someone on that site posing as a Jodi-ite but instead was gathering information needed for the investigation.

JMO

J17 believed Jodi and she believed everything that was written in the journals. There is no way she was going to vote for the DP. They should have
given her the manifesto to read. She would have believed it was accurate even though the Ninjas killed Travis.

She would not look at the autopsy photos. What does that tell you?

Hi Cricket, I have to agree that J17 believed it lock, stock and barrel. And to your point about the "Manifesto", if it had been allowed in as evidence the other 11 jurors would have had FACTUAL proof to help J17 "deliberate" as to the truth in the journals. There were several things in that "Manifesto" that would have impeached some of the things she wrote in her journals.

Also, unlike for some, for me that "manifesto" was very, very revealing.

JSS apparently has a woman on her staff that is very Pro-Jodi. I believe her name is Janet, last I heard she is still there.

Who knows how close JSS and her are ? I'm beginning to understand better why JSS may have seemed somewhat unfair to Juan during this entire trial.

If JSS and her close friend and confidant Janet had a bunch of girly-girly talks, hung out at the pool on the weekends, went to dinner after court, and attended the same Christmas parties, who knows how much of Janet may have rubbed off on JSS ??

I had a pretty good feeling that JSS was going to hit Jodi with the maximum LWOP up until this Janet surfaced a few days ago.

Now I have no idea what to think. It seems like maybe even the Judge herself has been tainted during this process.

Same here steel. I mentioned this When the story broke about Janet. I never questioned JSS sentence would be lwop until then. I mentioned here In My county that the clerks are close to the judge. If you can get in good in with the clerk you would have a much better outcome. They are the gatekeepers in my jurisdiction

Just thinking about PPL. I'd love to know what out resident lawyers have to say about this service. I know someone who has a service like this. Wondering if it worthwhile and what it might be good for. I remember how what's his name, who worked for them, didn't have a lawyer that he could call when on the stand. That tells me that 1) PPL is a scam or 2) he is a complete idiot or 3) both.

Just thinking about PPL. I'd love to know what out resident lawyers have to say about this service. I know someone who has a service like this. Wondering if it worthwhile and what it might be good for. I remember how what's his name, who worked for them, didn't have a lawyer that he could call when on the stand. That tells me that 1) PPL is a scam or 2) he is a complete idiot or 3) both.

It always seemed like a Ponzi scheme to me. The people at the top get rich and the people at the bottom get screwed.

There is probably just enough legal about it to keep all of them out of prison.

Gus Searcy

I am listening to trial and it's the interview with Flores. He asks her about her hair found at the scene, and she proceeds to say: "I can explain the hair, I used to bathe there all the time".

How would the two investigative journalists get in trouble?

Don't they also have a right to protect their inside sources like any other journalists?

I would think the Shield Law would include them.

Often we hear in the media from their inside sources that certain people or agencies are being investigated even though the investigators refuse to reveal it in the media/publicly. It really isn't odd for reporters or investigative journalists to receive information that others don't.

Whoever let them see the documents is someone who trust them I would think. I sure don't think that JT would make this up. It was said that all the information/documents have been seized so this sounds like it has been an ongoing investigation for some time.

It isn't uncommon for a police agency to pose as a sympathizer on a certain site so they can gain the trust of those who run it. Sometimes they will be on the site for many months or years. It seems to me there was someone on that site posing as a Jodi-ite but instead was gathering information needed for the investigation.

JMO

What is missing in this day and age is ACTUAL investigative journalists who are paid by major news organizations to work on a story. They just don't exist anymore. So what we're left with is Internet bloggers who are making a living at their own investigative reporting. BK and JVM seem to have fallen into this category since their respective employers let them go. Although they've used their celebrity to approach it in a different way.

We can expect more of this type of reporting moving forward and less actual knowledge by anyone employed by a news organization. They seem to be content to report on things once it's already been reported by bloggers and social media sites. They still have a majority audience who is willing to accept the delay so why bother doing the work themselves?

With this in mind, there is always a much bigger chance that if you're engaging in behind the scenes behavior with regards to a major news story, there's a good likelihood that someone is stealth. Or maybe more than one. ;)

Don't trust anyone on the Internet.

MOO

I am listening to trial and it's the interview with Flores. He asks her about her hair found at the scene, and she proceeds to say: "I can explain the hair, I used to bathe there all the time".

Did you get to the part where Jodi said she lived there? Amazing huh?

I don't think there is any evidence they are a scam. I truly don't think Travis would have ever involved himself in a company that wasn't legitimate either. It seems Gus did not purchase the policy and I am sure it is offered to all that work for PPL.

Even now they employ thousands of people from what I understand and are still going strong today. I believe I read they have about 400,000 who work for PPL or Legal Shield I think it is called now.

Many companies sell policies of some type which aren't scams. PPL also sells ID theft policies I believe.

I remember seeing way back ....a lawyer who was used under PPLs policies. He was speaking on one of the cable shows covering the Arias case. He said he had done work for many years for those who had policies. I guess he was one of the attorneys on the list that would become someone's lawyer in case they needed it for something.

It always seemed like a Ponzi scheme to me. The people at the top get rich and the people at the bottom get screwed.

There is probably just enough legal about it to keep all of them out of prison.

Doesn't any major franchise work on the same principle? You buy your franchise from the company (Burger King, Dunkin' Donuts ect), are only allowed to buy your supplies from the company, and the company gets part of your profits. :dunno:

JMO-I don't know when I've laughed so hard. Wrap the cash in paper and mail it to a PO Box???? :floorlaugh:

That's a scream. Again kinda indicates the IQ level of her minions. Remember the one who asked on one of the sites if she mailed a postcard did it require a stamp? ROFLMAO

Will JA be sentenced to LWOP or to LWP?

I wish I was confident that JSS will chose LWOP. But I am not. :sigh:

:twocents:

JMO but I have ZERO confidence that JSS will choose the appropriate sentence for JA, which should be LWOP !

I have always felt JSS would give JA LWP ... BUT with all these developments since hung jury announcement, ALL EYES are on JSS ! So ... JSS better sentence JA to LWOP !

BUT then again, this IS JSS's courtroom, where Jodi and her DT were allowed to RULE her courtroom: delays, shenanigans, secret in chamber meetings, closed courtrooms, etc etc etc occurred daily !

I expect a lot of shenanigans from JA and her DT when the time comes for JSS to hand down that sentence ...

That's how JSS's courtroom rolls :gaah: !

:moo:

Hi Cricket, I have to agree that J17 believed it lock, stock and barrel. And to your point about the "Manifesto", if it had been allowed in as evidence the other 11 jurors would have had FACTUAL proof to help J17 "deliberate" as to the truth in the journals. There were several things in that "Manifesto" that would have impeached some of the things she wrote in her journals.

Also, unlike for some, for me that "manifesto" was very, very revealing.

Mindmatters, please, if you will... If you could elaborate more I would be very appreciative.

I have been a member at Beth's site since the beginning and I cannot get it to load- no matter what I do, and I have tried everything. When my hubby gets back from travel I will have him update our browser, I'm pretty certain that's the problem, but anyway I have wanted to read this from the beginning.

I think I am beginning to see a theme with Jodi that I never would have guessed or predicted. She really gives herself away, but more important, over time with all we have access to, certain issues are beginning to really stand out to me.

I really, really want to hear from people in her recent past who were either too afraid of Jodi or the long arm of the law to come forward and speak the whole truth about her. I hope after she is locked away- for good, with no chance of ever getting out alive- some of these people will come forward. Also, as with most things time can offer much more clarity.

I really want to hear from anyone in Darryl Brewers family, Darryl himself (if he is singing a much more enlightened tune), Darryl's Ex-wife and Matt McCartney and anyone in his family. I would also love to hear from the mixed martial arts fighter guy/friend that helped get her the job at Ventana. Oh, and Ventana people willing to tell the truth about both Jodi and Darryl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson