Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Error can be found in either phase, but in this case nothing happened to JA as a result of the sentencing phase, so errors in that phase won't be considered on appeal or in her post-conviction relief proceeding.

Thanks AZL. In ok we Don't have different phases with a jury so it's confusing lol

Since JA didn't get DP she doesn't get an automatic appeal and if she wants to appeal her conviction she has to pay herself. Is that correct? Do we think she will appeal?

She doesn't get an automatic appeal, in the sense that her appointed counsel will have to file it instead of having the court clerk file it. She will definitely appeal, though, and the state will still pay for it.

She doesn't get an automatic appeal, in the sense that her appointed counsel will have to file it instead of having the court clerk file it. She will definitely appeal, though, and the state will still pay for it.

Her currently appointed counsel? Or will she be appointed a different lawyer for the appeal?

They bully you into it if you're too active. Just say no is my policy. :)

:floorlaugh:

This is why I love AZlawyer! Not only does she explain all the legal terms to us, she also is so darn witty! Here are three examples right off the top of my head.

1. Taken from the secret witness pseudonym - She came up with the name Sue Da Nim or
Sue Duh Nihm...I can't remember how she spelled it, but it was hilarious!

2. Taken from JA's misuse of de-edifiy, she used the word "deputized"

3. When she wants to say something that is not allowed - she <modsnips> herself.

I just tried Quinn_Michaels twitter and found:

Account suspended
The profile you are trying to view has been suspended. To return to your home timeline, click here.

It's still there. Try it with two underscores in a row between the names.

Sad AZ taxpayers have to pay for her Appeals. Question AZL. How many times can she Appeal at the States expense? TIA. Knowing Jodi likely until she hairlips every cow in Texas!

It's still there. Try it with two underscores in a row between the names.

It wasn't there earlier today. I'm not sure how Twitter works, but in Facebook a person can deactivate his/her account, and all it takes to reactivate it is for the account to be signed in with the correct password. Something is fishy.
oo

I'm guessing that her free appeal will be denied and from there cmja will represent herself. I doubt she'll ever raise enough money to even place the retainer for an appellate attorney

I stayed @ a Motel 6 once...do I qualify? I think that was the name? Good job moderating!

Yes, and what really bothers me about this is using her victim's religion against him. I'm not religious, but I respect people's honest and genuine beliefs. I don't believe for a second that the murderer was interested in Mormonism for itself, but as just one more tool to get to Travis. I find it reprehensible to abuse and manipulate this. I wonder what her bishop thinks of Travis Alexander's murder at the hands of this "thing"? Is she still Mormon, btw?

Yep. In the Jodifesto she doesn't mention the oral sex after Travis gives her the Book of Mormon at Starbucks. It was simply a sweet conversation and Napoleon was there on his leash.
Nor is there any sex after her baptism. She says it was a very great day for her

It's obvious she added the sex to these events that would be sacred to Travis. To hurt his reputation and to hurt his family. And to punish them for not pressing Juan to accept her plea to 2nd degree

I stayed @ a Motel 6 once...do I qualify? I think that was the name? Good job moderating!

No I think you have to stay at a Holiday Inn or be a Chemist LOL
:wagon:

Her currently appointed counsel? Or will she be appointed a different lawyer for the appeal?

She'll get new lawyers for the appeal--ones who specialize in appeals. Although the AZ State Bar says you can't "specialize" in appeals because they haven't come up with a written test yet for that. I shall at this point professionally refrain from adding any emoticons to that sentence.

Sad AZ taxpayers have to pay for her Appeals. Question AZL. How many times can she Appeal at the States expense? TIA. Knowing Jodi likely until she hairlips every cow in Texas!

One appeal at taxpayers' expense. But there's only one appeal anyway, whether you pay for it yourself or not. There are also post-conviction relief proceedings and federal habeas corpus proceedings, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. ;)

IMO if they do find an error in her appeal ( that's doubtful) i think it will be a harmless error or an error that wouldn't have resulted in a different verdict. I just cannot see them overturning the conviction. I really think it'll be affirmed and that's that and jodi will be on her own.

No I think you have to stay at a Holiday Inn or be a Chemist LOL
:wagon:

Thanks! Didn't post very clear..forgot to quote original statement? but you caught on...you must have tried the Holiday Inn.

She'll get new lawyers for the appeal--ones who specialize in appeals. Although the AZ State Bar says you can't "specialize" in appeals because they haven't come up with a written test yet for that. I shall at this point professionally refrain from adding any emoticons to that sentence.

One appeal at taxpayers' expense. But there's only one appeal anyway, whether you pay for it yourself or not. There are also post-conviction relief proceedings and federal habeas corpus proceedings, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. ;)

I'm soo hoping in 4 years from now we'll see a PCR from jodi filing pro per, appealing on the grounds her conviction is unconstitutional based on some crazy talk from jail house lawyers about her name being in all capital letters and citing UCC case law. Ill have a super good laugh

They bully you into it if you're too active. Just say no is my policy. :)

And for this advice, all donations should be sent to P.O. Box 00I812. Cash only should be sent, wrapped in toblerone wrappers . Give, give til' it hurts. :shame:

I'm soo hoping in 4 years from now we'll see a PCR from jodi filing pro per, appealing on the grounds her conviction is unconstitutional based on some crazy talk from jail house lawyers about her name being in all capital letters and citing UCC case law. Ill have a super good laugh

I'm sure the focus of the PCR will be ineffective assistance of counsel. Perhaps Nurmi bullied her into dropping the ninja story? And failed to get Modsnip McGee to support the pedo theme. And didn't fight the motion to exclude the fake pedo letters when JA gave up representing herself in the middle of that hearing... etc.

Thanks! Didn't post very clear..forgot to quote original statement? but you caught on...you must have tried the Holiday Inn.

LOL Holiday Inn-Yes. Chemist-No

LMAO your post reminded me of 1st Trial where Juan had her actually get up and show the Court how that line backer lunge went down. I still laugh to this day.

LOL, it looked more like a child playing... airplane. Too funny!!!!

I'm sure the focus of the PCR will be ineffective assistance of counsel. Perhaps Nurmi bullied her into dropping the ninja story? And failed to get Modsnip McGee to support the pedo theme. And didn't fight the motion to exclude the fake pedo letters when JA gave up representing herself in the middle of that hearing... etc.

ITA. But a girl can dream. Its always IAC isn't it? I'm sure that will be theme or that there was evidence that they didn't include or that she had to represent herself to get (*advertiser censored*) something along those lines. But.. I still giggle thinking of the crazyness that hasn't even begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd