Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the sentencing be one court appearance and over with or will JS let this drag out for days too? She will give a sentencing on the 13th. Right? They will send JA bags to court with her and head her off to Perryville asap?

:seeya:

This is what I think will happen on Sentencing Day:

:judge: Sidebar BEFORE the Hearing even starts ...

Nurmi or Wilmott

:judge: Sidebar #2

Nurmi or Wilmott ... Blah Blah Blah

:judge: Sidebar #3

15 Minute Recess

:judge: Sidebar #4

:judge: Sidebar #5

1 1/2 Hour Lunch

:judge: Sidebar #6

Blah Blah Blah ...

Seriously ... it will be a joke, IMO !

:moo:

So, Travis calls himself a sociopath and Nurmi is all over that. Of course.

Dec 4, 2014, the *cough cough* National Enquirer reported that ja had raised nearly $40,000 for her appeal. That would definitely be a "significant amount" like she told Troy Hayden.

On the date of her sentencing who gets to address the court? Will the judge just hand down he sentence or will we hear from TA's family, the murderer and her family? Sorry if this has been asked before.

The judge has already heard from everyone she's required to hear from, except that she should probably let JA speak again if she wants to since JA was "prevented" from giving her allocution before. :rolleyes: But if she wants to let the victim representatives speak again, she can.

So who handles appeals if not an appellate lawyer?

Also, I am just jumping in at random today. Did you see my question earlier AZL, it was about whether a service like PPL is a ponzi scheme or an actual good deal?

Appellate lawyers handle appeals.

I saw a lot of PPL questions on the old thread and posted my thoughts on page 1 of this thread. :)

Nurmi or Wilmott

15 Minute Recess

1 1/2 Hour Lunch

Blah Blah Blah ...

If Killer gets her way, there will be more sliming of Travis on sentencing day(s). Probably tucked in between all the sidebars.

Dec 4, 2014, the *cough cough* National Enquirer reported that ja had raised nearly $40,000 for her appeal. That would definitely be a "significant amount" like she told Troy Hayden.

Not significant enough to hire an appellate lawyer for a death penalty appeal. Maybe for the guilt conviction, though, assuming she hasn't already spent half of it on candy.

ETA: It would still be a discount, "friends and family" sort of rate lol.

BTW, a poster on here had posted awhile back that MDLR was being investigated. She called it correctly and had the source. So, I believe what @JuansTie has written about. Just me. IMO

Well, all those people are being investigated. By us and people like us :D I'm not trying to be a smarty pants, but knowing how people fast and loose with semantics especially on the web (plus I'm related to one) I actually worry when I see some of the things reported :( I worry that well-meaning people will get in trouble. I hope I'm completely wrong - I hope this is all true and the bad guys get nailed BIG TIME (but I still fret)

Nurmi or Wilmott

15 Minute Recess

1 1/2 Hour Lunch

Blah Blah Blah ...

On the morning of the sentencing, I suspect JA will claim she caught a contagious migraine of the worst kind. The kind that flew threw an air vent in her cell and incapacitated her.

Nobody will know until the guards go to retrieve her and find her on the floor mumbling about some form of head pain. They will try to see if she is well enough to make the trip over to the courthouse but she will pretend she cant even get up off the floor.

By mid-afternoon she will be moved to the infirmary and a notice will be sent to the waiting people in the courthouse that another reschedule date is needed.

Then on the new reschedule day.....rinse + repeat. LOL

Seriously though if JA tries to pull anything like that I sure hope JSS gets firm with her. I hope there is some sort of legal remedy if JA starts to pull stunts like that.

Not significant enough to hire an appellate lawyer for a death penalty appeal. Maybe for the guilt conviction, though, assuming she hasn't already spent half of it on candy.

ETA: It would still be a discount, "friends and family" sort of rate lol.

LOL, MY candy bill would certainly put a dent in that. Is it enough to disqualify her as indigent?

I really feel for Deanna Reid. Ouch! at the comment TA made about her age and the dynamics of the church! @4:00. In real life, she was not old!

Yes, not lack of honesty. I guess after that, and JA, he went after younger girls (19), hence likely why JA called him a pedo.

JMO

LOL, MY candy bill would certainly put a dent in that. Is it enough to disqualify her as indigent?

I'm not sure. The thing about being a private attorney is that you get zero experience in filling out indigency forms. :)

Yea we have to take that examiner report with a grain of salt until something more official comes out from MSM. I could see it being true OR not true OR maybe somewhere in the middle.

We will probably just have to wait and see if something more concrete surfaces.

OT but have a look at Caylee's forum, ROY Kronk defamation case docs........ it should be called Dominic Casey spills the beans!

As in Dominic Casey spills the beans AGAIN in his new book available from Amazon, chock full of docs you already downloaded for free during discovery .. WTG DC!!

Did someone say a doc dump on the Caylee forum?? :takeoff:

This might be a no-no and if it is, I am truly sorry, and will accept the wooden spoon.. err, tsp.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! (honestly, I'm gettin' frustrated with twitter)

:loveyou: :loveyou: :loveyou:

I kinda knew after the first hour or so and reflecting on even though how much i personally wanted it to be true. i couldn't trust the source and saw this cookie crumbling all day. I hope this is the end of CBs private investigator role and goes back to blogging about relationship advice. Its sensationalism and i have seen her levy some disturbing accusations at undeserving people. Enough.

AZL ...

What does "Objection, ask and answer" mean? :) TIA

AZL ...

What does "Objection, ask and answer" mean? :) TIA

"Objection, asked and answered" means "you already asked that question and I frankly liked the answer the witness gave before and I don't want you to have the chance to ask it again and maybe get an answer I don't like as much."

On the morning of the sentencing, I suspect JA will claim she caught a contagious migraine of the worst kind. The kind that flew threw an air vent in her cell and incapacitated her.

Nobody will know until the guards go to retrieve her and find her on the floor mumbling about some form of head pain. They will try to see if she is well enough to make the trip over to the courthouse but she will pretend she cant even get up off the floor.

By mid-afternoon she will be moved to the infirmary and a notice will be sent to the waiting people in the courthouse that another reschedule date is needed.

Then on the new reschedule day.....rinse + repeat. LOL

Seriously though if JA tries to pull anything like that I sure hope JSS gets firm with her. I hope there is some sort of legal remedy if JA starts to pull stunts like that.

Can they not just put the stun belt on her and zap away the "migraine"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member