Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, I'm quite cautious anytime I hear the use of words such as collateral data, context, as well continuum to explain how the meaning of "Up" actually means "Down" and "Left" actually means "Right". Both ALV and MF both appear to be trained in the same school of thought. jmo.

And yet it took her forever to answer a question on cross when a simple yes or no would do showing she was being objective. When she did not want to answer a question she always fell back on, "I was only looking at the dynamics of the relationship." Dr. F painted JA was a victim and was reluctant to consider her as an aggressor when her very crime and what lead up to it was proof just how aggressive JA really was. We all see it, and she's the doctor? :floorlaugh:

Don't attorneys tell their clients and witnesses to keep their answers short? Not to give long winded answers?

or

Did Nurmi say "Follow my lead". Long.slow.drawn out.

:happydance:

The biggest lie JA told was about the broken finger. Dr. F should have never testified to that when it is easy to verify by an x-ray. If JA had, in fact, had her finger broken an x-ray would have proven it and they would have been able to give an approximate time period when it was broken. Plus there is no difference in her writing style in her diary when she writes, "Nothing noteworthy has happened."

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080728012950AAU9de5

Frankly, I'm quite cautious anytime I hear the use of words such as collateral data, context, as well continuum to explain how the meaning of "Up" actually means "Down" and "Left" actually means "Right". Both ALV and MF both appear to be trained in the same school of thought. jmo.

IIRC, they were trained in the same "school" (not just "school of thought") and that school was not accredited at the time.

Context is often helpful, IMO, in arriving at meaning or intention in a cluster of words. However, the whole context must be integrated into the analysis, the context has to be credible, and "context" specifically excludes anything Jodi Arias states/thinks/writes/acts/*****s. ALV's and MF's interpretation of "context" are laughable, because they cherry-pick, eschew the obvious, and make up stories about what they are seeing.

IMO cmja had a little over 6 years to pour over discovery, every single piece of evidence and her defense ended up being round hole, square peg. She makes up information on the spot to try to explain away evidence. Its obvious to those of us without a masters degree in psychology that very little of jodis defense is believable. Also, i have now began to wonder why karp fought so hard not to be a witness and why the defense fought vehemently to exclude privileged work product RE: karp. Personally? I think karp saw the writing on the wall and wouldn't testify to what the DT wanted

IMO cmja had a little over 6 years to pour over discovery, every single piece of evidence and her defense ended up being round hole, square peg. She makes up information on the spot to try to explain away evidence. Its obvious to those of us without a masters degree in psychology that very little of jodis defense is believable. Also, i have now began to wonder why karp fought so hard not to be a witness and why the defense fought vehemently to exclude privileged work product RE: karp. Personally? I think karp saw the writing on the wall and wouldn't testify to what the DT wanted

Supposedly Jodi told Karp about close to 20 incidents of physical abuse. Sooo many as to appear not credible. Or even less credible than the less than a handful she testified to at trial. If they called her Juan could have had a field day on cross exam

I thought there were supposed to be two big stories coming out. One was about the money, but what about the other?

I can't wait until April 13th. It can't come soon enough.

IIRC, they were trained in the same "school" (not just "school of thought") and that school was not accredited at the time.

Context is often helpful, IMO, in arriving at meaning or intention in a cluster of words. However, the whole context must be integrated into the analysis, the context has to be credible, and "context" specifically excludes anything Jodi Arias states/thinks/writes/acts/*****s. ALV's and MF's interpretation of "context" are laughable, because they cherry-pick, eschew the obvious, and make up stories about what they are seeing.
Yes, thank you for explaining it better. The whole discussion on cross with MF regarding "suffering in silence" vs "kicked holes in walls, kicked down doors, smashed windows and broken things" was an example of this.

Yes, thank you for explaining it better. The whole discussion on cross with MF regarding "suffering in silence" vs "kicked holes in walls, kicked down doors, smashed windows and broken things" was an example of this.

That whole exchange on cross was frustrating to watch, especially when Dr. MF tried to explain the plural "doors" could be on separate days or it could be the front door and the back door on the same day. Really?? How many people have kicked down a door and then kicked down the back door on the same day??

Finally able to start watching the trial today. The sound is bad and argh to loud paper shuffling. I haven't even gotten to paper shuffler Wilmott yet but I may not be able to handle her parts.

That whole exchange on cross was frustrating to watch, especially when Dr. MF tried to explain the plural "doors" could be on separate days or it could be the front door and the back door on the same day. Really?? How many people have kicked down a door and then kicked down the back door on the same day??
Theatre of the Absurd.

The biggest lie JA told was about the broken finger. Dr. F should have never testified to that when it is easy to verify by an x-ray. If JA had, in fact, had her finger broken an x-ray would have proven it and they would have been able to give an approximate time period when it was broken. Plus there is no difference in her writing style in her diary when she writes, "Nothing noteworthy has happened."

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080728012950AAU9de5

I was always under the assumption that she most likely got her finger broken in the struggle with Travis when he was trying to defend himself and she was attempting to stab him to death. Somehow he got hold of her hand and snapped her finger while he was staggering around the bathroom. Is that the leading theory on her broken finger and how she got it ??

I was always under the assumption that she most likely got her finger broken in the struggle with Travis when he was trying to defend himself and she was attempting to stab him to death. Somehow he got hold of her hand and snapped her finger while he was staggering around the bathroom. Is that the leading theory on her broken finger and how she got it ??
I think a lot of people believe there was no breakage (hence no x-ray the defense trotted out) but rather a cut injury - like a severed or damaged tendon. Hand injuries to a perpetrator are relatively common in stabbings. You can bet if there was physical evidence to back up an alleged abuse claim such as a break or fracture, it would have been presented.

JMO

http://www.forensic-lab.com/publications/cutslice.html

imo, her tendon may have been cut during the murder but her finger was never broken during that attack on June 4th.

I think the foregon conclusion and jms theory is she cut her tendons in that finger as she was stabbing him the blood caused her hand to slip down onto the blade cutting the nerves and tendons.

Btw my brother had cut from the wrist all the way up to his index finger from putting his hand through a windshield in a vehicle accident. He had the surgery to repair that day and another surgical repair 6 months post. He still cannot move his index finger and has little feeling in it. Nerve/tendons damage due to cuts are serious and would absolutely result in a crooked finger.

So listened to bits...ugh of Ms F.

She said that in Jodi's "fu to Bill" [JA's father] she sees in incestual relationships. So I guess that was coming eventually. Ms F said plenty of lies....including saying that Jodi edited Travis' WHOLE book...and saying that Travis deleted something on Jodi's social media...when it was Jodi that posted something on Travis' socialmedia which he deleted. And I only listened to 30 minutes. What a %$$^%. And JSS treated Ms F with kit gloves....why???

I have a question to ask of anybody who knows more about this legal stuff than I do (which should cover at least 95% of the people in here).

Let's say that on the morning of April 13th, Judge Stephens is having a really bad hair day and Jodi and her defense team are being even more obnoxious and hard to get along with than usual.

We've all heard about the antics going on over at the jail since the non-verdict was announced and even before that. Everyone has discussed it at great lengths.

Here's question 1:

Is it possible for Judge Stephens to add additional stipulations and penalties onto Jodi's life sentence in regards to some of the stunts she has been pulling over the last week and prior ?
( I.E. --- manipulating teenagers, hiding money, fights with inmates, smuggling notes, and mainly causing general disruptions at the jail, etc.)

Second question: Can Judge Stephens order or stipulate to the prison at Perryville any additional penalties or housing requirements revolving around Jodi's never-ending social media campaign ?

Or......Is it just gonna be, "Life in prison--no parole--now get the hell out of here and take your attorneys with you'". ??

Listening more....and it's just making me crazy....what a piece of work. She really went out of her way to trash Travis. Money grubbing {blankblank}. Another liar for money. imo

Another lie, MF said that Hughes testified.

Listening more....and it's just making me crazy....what a piece of work. She really went out of her way to trash Travis. Money grubbing {blankblank}. Another liar for money. imo

Buckle up for the cross by Juan.!

Eta: you might find yourself kicking and smashing things.[emoji57]

Chris Hughes did testify in the first trial, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member