Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to think of her lying there in limbo like that. So heartbreaking.

I cannot understand why they refuse to let her go. BK has given them so many signs that she does not want to come back. I know it's hard to say goodbye, but it is time.

I think this is something only they can decide. It must be an excruciating decision to make. Maybe the drs have given them hope in some way? They certainly know more than we do. I don't know. I can not fault BB.
We will see how they unfolds..

I still believe wholeheartedly that BB will come to terms, in his own time. I support him in his bid to give BK every opportunity to recover some semblance, even some small one, of herself. I think as her daddy, he will get there, in due time, if all hope is indeed lost.

My prayers continue to be with those who love her. And yes, even if that is NG included, so long as he is not partially responsible for her current situation. Personally, I feel he is. But if I am mistaken, my prayers are for him as well.

I think BK is going to have to take a turn for the worse for him to let her go. Like muscles contracting, bedsores, infections, etc. as long as she is steady the same, he's going to keep going.

NURSES! If a patient is in a PVS, will the kidneys shut down? other organs? heart?
I know Karen Quinlan lived 10+ years like that (pneumonia), Terri Shavio also.............is that rare or can
you keep a body living forever now with all the machines like dialysis?

found my answer (maybe)
If a vegetative state persists, most patients die within 6 mo of the original brain damage. The cause is usually pulmonary infection, UTI, or multiple organ failure, or death may be sudden and of unknown cause. For most of the rest, life expectancy is about 2 to 5 yr; only about 25% of patients live > 5 yr. A few patients live for decades.
http://www.merckmanuals.com/profess...tive_state_and_minimally_conscious_state.html

If it is true that BK has been moved from Emory Hospital to a rehabilitation center in Atlanta, the Shepherd Center is an excellent place specializing in spinal cord and brain injury rehabilitation. Rainbow Center is also a choice in Atlanta.....of course there is a Rainbow Center in California also, along with other numerous choices, if she needs to be moved closer to where father Bobby lives, so he doesn't have to keep up the commute to Atlanta all the time away from home and extended family.

There seems to be a difference if the patient can breathe on their own? PVS
if I understand what I read about BK, doctors tried o take her off induce coma meds and
could not................so she has to stay drug induced coma?
Sunny Von Bulow, Terri Shavio, Karen Quinlan..............they weren't drug induced? just brain damaged PVS?

Its a question about the "induced coma" vs/and/or PVS. BK can't breathe on her own. KQ did eventually and TS could too. I think there are degrees of PVS.

This case in the news today of woman fighting for her life, in a coma. The doctors are wanting to take her off life support while her family fights to keep her on it. So heartbreaking for the families involved.

Lisa A, 37, and the mother of seven, was due to be removed from life support against her family’s wishes at 4 p.m.
The hospital said Avila is brain dead. Her family insists she is alive and does not want to give up.

A’s husband has pleaded with the hospital for more time to move his wife to a long-term care facility. Gile reports they told him he has until noon Tuesday.

Video at link.
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...rom-hospital-decision-to-remove-life-support/

I think this is something only they can decide. It must be an excruciating decision to make. Maybe the drs have given them hope in some way? They certainly know more than we do. I don't know. I can not fault BB.
We will see how they unfolds..

<modsnip>

There is no more excruciating decision BB will ever be faced with than deciding when to withdraw life support on his daughter. I do not fault him...never said I did. But she was recessitated after not breathing for 15-20 minutes, has been in a medically induced coma for 7 weeks, is on a ventilator, doctors have unsuccessfully attempted to bring her out of the coma three times, and she has shown no signs of improvement.

I just wish he could find the strength to let her go. MOO!!!

I believe the precedent set with Jahi McMath and the case Swedie references is very dangerous. There are defined medical criteria established which identify brain death. What about allowing those in that defined state some dignity rather than artificially sustaining them when there is no reasonable hope? We obviously don't know the specific state of BKB, but what a disservice allowing this three-ring circus to overshadow the loss.

Just a question. But why do some feel as though a person should be let go in a situation such as this, assuming they are not in a state of suffering?

One, how do we know if they are "suffering" or not. Two, ask yourself would you want to be kept that way, with someone changing your diapers and invading your personal privacy every day. Three, from a religious point of view, where does your "soul" go during this time? Four, the tremendous expense depletes resources that others with a reasonable hope of recovering, need.

One, how do we know if they are "suffering" or not. Two, ask yourself would you want to be kept that way, with someone changing your diapers and invading your personal privacy every day. Three, from a religious point of view, where does your "soul" go during this time? Four, the tremendous expense depletes resources that others with a reasonable hope of recovering, need.

1. I would hope and believe this is a huge consideration doctors, nurses and family have thoroughly reflected on to see there is no suffering for these patients including BK.
2. If she is brain dead or unaware of what is going on around her, she wouldn't know, would she? IF she is aware of what is going on around her, is it possible she is grateful she is still alive, hoping for recovery and being surrounded by love ones?
3. I don't think anyone knows this with certainty nor does everyone believe in religion. But according to BB, see article below.
4. How so? Not so sure I understand your question. I would hope regardless of my situation if I was hospitalized, expense would not be the reason I was not given the care I need or deserve. In regards to monetary expenses, BK's family will be footing the costs of her care.

Respectfully, I think we can all agree on one thing, no one wants to see anyone suffer unnecessarily. I do believe BB has his daughter's best interest at heart and will make that heart wrenching decision if and when it feels like the right thing to do for HIM. Who are we to judge him for his decision in this matter? Truthfully it is no skin off of our backs and it really lies between him, his heart, his faith and the healthcare team caring for BK. Without hope, we all have nothing. Right now his daughter is being kept alive and he has that hope and time with her. In the end, whatever happens to his precious child, he will be the one to unfortunately suffer and is already suffering. JMO.

Bobby Brown is adamant ... he doesn't want to take his daughter Bobbi Kristina off life support because he believes in God-driven miracles.

But Brown and his family -- who are deeply religious -- believe doctors cannot account for miracles ... miracles the family has seen before.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/06/bobby...-support-god-miracle-cant-pull/#ixzz3V08YPrVX

It's my personal belief that BK's soul departed her body on 1/31. I don't think the efforts to keep her body functioning are holding her here on earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks