Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
NURSES! If a patient is in a PVS, will the kidneys shut down? other organs? heart?
I know Karen Quinlan lived 10+ years like that (pneumonia), Terri Shavio also.............is that rare or can
you keep a body living forever now with all the machines like dialysis?

found my answer (maybe)
If a vegetative state persists, most patients die within 6 mo of the original brain damage. The cause is usually pulmonary infection, UTI, or multiple organ failure, or death may be sudden and of unknown cause. For most of the rest, life expectancy is about 2 to 5 yr; only about 25% of patients live > 5 yr. A few patients live for decades.
http://www.merckmanuals.com/profess...tive_state_and_minimally_conscious_state.html

Schiavo wasn't brain dead. Her lower brain was functioning. She didn't need life support except the feeding tube She could have stayed a long time in that state if her feeding tube wasn't removed. Her body was obviously pretty healthy, even after her feeding tube was removed, it took 13 days for her heart to stop. But even brain dead people can last a while (years) on life support. Jahi McMath is still on life support. Sounds like BB is expecting miracles, so this reminds me of Jahi McMath's situation, because they also claim they are waiting for Jahi to wake up despite her being declared brain dead.

Its a question about the "induced coma" vs/and/or PVS. BK can't breathe on her own. KQ did eventually and TS could too. I think there are degrees of PVS.

Yes, PVS isn't the same as brain dead. They have some brain activity even though they might not be able to do much of anything. Schiavo's higher brain was not functioning, but lower brain was functioning, so she didn't need life support except for feeding tube.
I don't know what the situation is with BK, but if doctors were trying to see if she could function without life support, I suspect she has some brain activity. Brain dead persons can not function without life support because all of their brain is dead.

Bobbi Kristina Brown Moved From Georgia Hospital to Rehabilitation Center

Bruna Nessif, eonline
11 hours ago

Bobbi Kristina Brown has moved from Emory University Hospital in Georgia, where she has been getting treatment for almost two months now, to a nearby Atlanta rehabilitation center, according to NBC News .

The details regarding the move, including when it took place and the exact name of the facility, have not been disclosed; however, the report states that Brown's condition remains the same...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20150320/b638200/

Yes, PVS isn't the same as brain dead. They have some brain activity even though they might not be able to do much of anything. Schiavo's higher brain was not functioning, but lower brain was functioning, so she didn't need life support except for feeding tube.
I don't know what the situation is with BK, but if doctors were trying to see if she could function without life support, I suspect she has some brain activity. Brain dead persons can not function without life support because all of their brain is dead.

The issue with the others is that they were not under water for this length of time. If her brain injury was the result of physical injury or sickness that would be one thing, but she is brain gone. Her brain will not come back from the lack of oxygen that left her this way.
She will not recover. Ever.
And I think that BB is trying so hard to believe she will. But in the end, letting her go will be kindest. I can not imagine how hard this is... Prayers for BB.

The issue with the others is that they were not under water for this length of time. If her brain injury was the result of physical injury or sickness that would be one thing, but she is brain gone. Her brain will not come back from the lack of oxygen that left her this way.
She will not recover. Ever.
And I think that BB is trying so hard to believe she will. But in the end, letting her go will be kindest. I can not imagine how hard this is... Prayers for BB.

And, as time moves along, it will become more controversial to let her go.

And that is a big problem. If she is not breathing on her own, that is not life sustaining. And for me that is the end. It is not like she has lung issue but is awake and alert. If they take her off the meds that have her brain sedated she will seize and die.

I hope the police are investigating very hard here.

And that is a big problem. If she is not breathing on her own, that is not life sustaining. And for me that is the end. It is not like she has lung issue but is awake and alert. If they take her off the meds that have her brain sedated she will seize and die.

I hope the police are investigating very hard here.

IIRC TS husband had to take her parents to court for her to pass away. If Cissy wants BK off life support, will she have to take BB to court also?
All I see is a huge mess:
A beautiful young lady drowns in her own bath tub of unknown injuries.
A criminal investigation on going, I hope.
Her lover is in a rehab for drug and alcohol abuse.
The families are at odds on life support.
2 months later, nothing looks hopeful for BK.
This is a parents worse nightmare...........:rose:

and now a missing ring............

IIRC TS husband had to take her parents to court for her to pass away. If Cissy ants BK off life support, will she have to take BB to court also?
All I see is a huge mess:
A beautiful young lady drowns in her own bath tub of unknown injuries.
A criminal investigation on going, I hope.
Her lover is in a rehab for drug and alcohol abuse.
The families are at odds on life support.
2 months later, nothing looks hopeful for BK.
This is a parents worse nightmare...........:rose:

The aunt has no right or cause to make any decision for BK. It is different if it is husband against parents. But this is an Aunt and she has no say in medical decisions. No court will give her that.

It's my personal belief that BK's soul departed her body on 1/31. I don't think the efforts to keep her body functioning are holding her here on earth.

If anyone is a believer as I am, heaven is a much better place than on earth. I do not want to talk religion, but I would rather be in heaven than laying on a bed, with machines keeping my body alive. I have a legal living will to help my family. I do believe in miracles also............long sorry, I am one. But reality is what it is, after so much damage done with drug abuse, massive weight loss, drowning..............BK has so much against her, JMOO

The aunt has no right or cause to make any decision for BK. It is different if it is husband against parents. But this is an Aunt and she has no say in medical decisions. No court will give her that.

oops typo..........I meant Cissy the grandma.............

Just to be clear, Cissy is Whitney's Mom, Bobbi K's Grandmother. still, I think her Dad would be next of kin for legal matters.......

But Brown and his family -- who are deeply religious -- believe doctors cannot account for miracles ... miracles the family has seen before.
[/I]
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/06/bobby...-support-god-miracle-cant-pull/#ixzz3V08YPrVX

Too bad he couldn't have been deeply religious when he and WH were doing drugs in front of BK and, he being deeply religious NOW, why can't he understand that heaven is a much better place than the vegetative state = limbo she's in now.

Yes, unless the person specifies who should make the decision, it would go to the next of kin. If she were legally married, it would be the husband. Since apparently she was not, it's her father.

oops typo..........I meant Cissy the grandma.............

She still has no say in the matter. It goes to Bobby. And that is where it stops. No court is going to let a grandmother decide the fate of someone elses daughter in a case like this.

Bobby gets to decide. I can not imagine how hard it must be whitney died the same way. Maybe in his mind he is giving BK the chance that Whitney did not have.

Bobby Brown should be commended for keeping details of Bobbi Kristina's condition confidential and away from prying media. Thankfully, there haven't been gruesome hospital photos like we've seen in other cases of this nature. Bobby Brown himself has not been in the spotlight and has only spoken publicly through his attorney. The "circus" scenario has not included Bobby Brown; that's been promoted by Nick Gordon and some members of the Brown and/or Houston family. Since we don't know the specifics regarding BK's current status, perhaps the transfer to medical rehabilitation is a sign that the circumstances aren't dire. Time will tell. :moo:

Maybe while they have NG in rehab they can address his addiction to celebrity and attention. Show him that he never has been a celebrity and probably never will be. Possibly they can introduce him to the 13th step...get a job and don't mooch off others.

JMO's

There is always the "what ifs". What if NG and BK had a physical altercation and he hit her rendering her unconscious or worse, dead. He set it up to make it look like she drowned in the tub to cover up. If she was not breathing when he put her in the tub, then she would not have drowned. What if they were doing drugs together and she over dosed and NG was unable to arouse her, putting her in the tub hoping that would bring her around and when that didn't work, he staged it to look like a drowning. Both theories would put NG in the hot seat facing serious charges. If BK didn't actually drown, I can then see why BB is holding onto hope BK may come around. MOO.

I guess without knowing all the details we can only assume. If or until charges are laid against NG or BK passes away, I doubt we will be privy to any information from the investigation. MOO.

It is so sad that BK is going to be kept in this state from now on. Some things are simply worse than dying. Poor BK. Forever in a state of nothing. I don't understand why anyone would feel it is best.

Bobby Brown should be commended for keeping details of Bobbi Kristina's condition confidential and away from prying media. Thankfully, there haven't been gruesome hospital photos like we've seen in other cases of this nature. Bobby Brown himself has not been in the spotlight and has only spoken publicly through his attorney. The "circus" scenario has not included Bobby Brown; that's been promoted by Nick Gordon and some members of the Brown and/or Houston family. Since we don't know the specifics regarding BK's current status, perhaps the transfer to medical rehabilitation is a sign that the circumstances aren't dire. Time will tell. :moo:

Yes, I agree but now I am afraid the longer this goes on, the harder it will be..............there is always someone that will sell a photo for money, something I do not want to see. I guess with all that money there will be body guards and private nurses and doctors at the rehab center. I keep thinking about the photo taken by doctor and staff when Joan Rivers was unconscience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong