TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

I don't know about this whole Lynne Schultz thing .. sounds like the only lead they have is that they were in the same location .. not much to go on .. his other killings were done for a reason, not random.

If they didn't have any kind of relationship I just don't see it. Right now everything I see and look into says he kills people he has relationships with. The rest don't seem to bother him.

If they didn't have any kind of relationship I just don't see it. Right now everything I see and look into says he kills people he has relationships with. The rest don't seem to bother him.

That's right .. she could have decided to hitch a ride from the bus stop for all we know and met with foul play that way .. I guess it's worth a look, but is every place Durst has ever lived in now going to go back through their missing person logs and look for connections to him?

I don't know about this whole Lynne Schultz thing .. sounds like the only lead they have is that they were in the same location .. not much to go on .. his other killings were done for a reason, not random.

So hard to say much of anything at this point. The police have been working Durst as a POI for several years now with outside agencies. We many never know the truth.

http://www.dreamindemon.com/communi...n-schulzes-disappearance-still-baffles.51714/

Forty years ago Saturday, Middlebury College freshman Lynne Kathryn Schulze was walking to a final exam with fellow students when she announced she had to retrieve something from her dorm room. She left them to head back -- and then, inexplicably, she disappeared.
She's still missing. Yet her family and friends continue to hope for a break in her unsolved case. Nearly two generations later, they haven't given up searching for her.
"We hope to locate Lynne's remains or at least get some confirmation about her death," said Lynne's younger sister, Anne, who lives in New Hampshire. "Our family doesn't believe that Lynne is alive and suspect that she was killed or accidentally died soon after she disappeared."
Various theories have been advanced over the years about her state of mind and about what happened to her: that she was depressed or unhappy, that she was dropping out.
"Anybody who knew her knows that it would be completely against her character to drop out without contacting anyone," Anne Schulze said in a phone interview. "She wasn't a loner. She was very verbal. If something bothered her, you knew that."
Nor was she depressed or unhappy, Anne Schulze said, adding that her sister was "a prolific letter-writer" whose missives home -- as often as twice a week during that one semester -- gave no such indication.
"She wasn't disturbed or troubled," said Susan Randall, a friend who had attended high school with Lynne in their hometown of Simsbury, Conn., and who hitchhiked to Middlebury one weekend to visit her. "She had her angst, like we all did -- nothing unusual."
Lynne had a certain pen she preferred to use for writing, and it was apparently that -- or its accompanying pencil -- that she went back to get before the exam.
"Lynne liked to use a Cross pen because it had a comfortable size width," Anne Schultze wrote in an email. "She also had a matching pencil. I remember it was green. She loved to write and kept a journal in her senior year of high school."
The course for which the exam was being held was English drama.
According to her roommate and friends, Lynne had studied hard for her exam because she wanted to bring her grade up in the course," Anne Schulze wrote, referring to minutes of a 1972 meeting in Middlebury attended by her father. "According to her professor, 'Lynne never missed a class and seemed quite attentive to the lectures usually sitting near the front.'"
Lynne Schulze never showed up for the exam, which was scheduled for 1 p.m. She left all her clothes in her room and vanished without her wallet or identification, so it seems unlikely she had planned to run away.

That's right .. she could have decided to hitch a ride from the bus stop for all we know and met with foul play that way .. I guess it's worth a look, but is every place Durst has ever lived in now going to go back through their missing person logs and look for connections to him?

Well that is what I am hearing, locally too. I too never would have thought RD would have been an opportunity criminal and grabbed people he didn't know and made them disappear, but since the disappeared went missing in areas where he was known to be living, that does make him more suspicious. It would be horrible to find out he had been killing people for the last 45 years, wouldn't it. It wasn't until I saw the police sketch in the K. Mitchell disappearance that made me consider it. I am not the only person who thinks the sketch resembles Rd.

I watched the movie about him meeting his first wife who went missing, now I'm going to watch it again. The movie was called All good things, it was excellent movie.

I watched the movie about him meeting his first wife who went missing, now I'm going to watch it again. The movie was called All good things, it was excellent movie.

IhwMyQ2.jpg

Picture of All Good Things health food store. 15 Court St, Middlebury, VT

http://i.imgur.com/dlY2fUA.jpg
If it would be helpful for anyone I can take some photos of the area. That building is apartments now, my friend used to live in one of the downstairs ones. The elementary school parking lot is right by there and I have parent teacher conference tomorrow, so I can go early and get photos.

I saw a few people at different times today filming the area.

Audio of police press conference Lynne Schulze 3-24-15 Incomplete but 24 mins https://soundcloud.com/toonces10/2015-03-24-15-41-03-police-confdurst-lynne-schulze

I didn't grab the 1st few mins which discussed Lynne at the store at the time she went missing. She was in the store twice, waiting at the bus station outside of the store, said she was going to NY but then went back to school. Her Id and personal items were found in her dorm room. She was reported missing by students days later. she missed her final exams....

Please correct or add
She was last seen back at the same bus stop in front of the health food store around 2:15(?? I think that's what I remember from the presser). She was telling people that she was going to New York City earlier in the day after she went into the store, but the bus had already come and gone. She must have skipped her test and gone straight to the bus stop?

I'm going to find that today too .. does look interesting.

RBBM

IMO, the only ones that he has been accused of killing are those he has been in some sort of a relationship with. IMO, it seems like "that we know of" should be used in conjunction with RD. Something tells me there is a lot more to the odd little man than we will EVER know.

ALL JMO:moo:

She was last seen back at the same bus stop in front of the health food store around 2:15(?? I think that's what I remember from the presser). She was telling people that she was going to New York City earlier in the day after she went into the store, but the bus had already come and gone. She must have skipped her test and gone straight to the bus stop?

I caught this beginning bit on audio
"@12:30pm Lynne is seen at the bus stop, eating dried prunes from the local health food store. She says she is going to NY but the bus has already left. She heads back to campus."

Schulze was last seen leaving her dormitory on the Middlebury College campus in Middlebury, Vermont on December 10, 1971, the first day of final exams before Christmas break started. Schulze apparently stopped at a local health food store, All the Good Things, and bought dried prunes, and was seeing eating them outside the store at 12:30 p.m. She was on her way with her friends to take a final exam in her English Drama class when she said she had forgotten her favorite pen and was going to go back to get it. She was last seen standing at a bus stop on Court Street, across the street from All the Good Things, at 2:30 p.m. She never arrived at the exam and has never been heard from again. She left her identification, checkbook and all her personal belongings behind when she vanished. She may have been carrying $30 in cash with her. Campus security was alerted to Schulze's disappearance two days after she was last seen, but her parents were not notified for a week.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/schulze_lynne.html

I watched the video All Good Things online on Amazon Prime about 4 years ago. Just read that if you get the DVD Durst does commentary with the director (also director of The Jinx.)

http://www.westchestermagazine.com/...-Durst-and-the-Creepiest-DVD-Commentary-Ever/

Really, the whole thing is pretty chilling. The movie opens with old-style, home-movie footage, and Durst talks about his memories of an idyllic childhood in Scarsdale—and he seems human. Later, though, the movie gets to a scene where Ryan Gosling's character angrily drags Kirsten Dunst's character out of a party by her hair (in front of her family), and Durst dispassionately reports that the scene is pretty true to their relationship in real life, or "close enough."

If it would be helpful for anyone I can take some photos of the area. That building is apartments now, my friend used to live in one of the downstairs ones. The elementary school parking lot is right by there and I have parent teacher conference tomorrow, so I can go early and get photos.

I think it would be interesting to see a few pics of this building where All Good Things Store was, especially a little bit more of the building and surrounding area. The pic that was posted only showed a corner of the building. Thanks. Is the bus stop still there? It is so sad that at 18 she was no more, I was 19 in 1971 and it seems like so long ago.

In July 2012, police got a tip from a citizen that Durst owned the health food store when Schulze went missing. The All Good Things health food store was located on Court Street in Middlebury, across the street from the bus station. Durst owned the business in 1971 and 1972. Police say they don't know if Schulze ever had personal contact with Durst.

http://www.wcax.com/story/28602418/police-call-durst-very-interesting-to-1971-vt-cold-case

I read that Robert and wife Kathy moved to Vermont in Jan 1972, after two dates.

Isn't it interesting and awful that when Lynne Schulze went missing and she was last seen sitting at the bus stop eating prunes purchased from a store across the street that no authorities bothered to check around the area where she was last seen! Wouldn't you think that would be a perfect place to start questioning people? I find it very odd that they would not have check the people working or living in the area.

When I watch stories about people who have gone missing, I hear just all too often that the authorities assume they left because they wanted to. I know it is possible and some people do disappear on purpose, but for the most part, I just don't buy it. I'm hoping in current day, the police are taking disappearances more seriously than in the past, yet I have to wonder if things have changed.

I agree with Rosebutter, it would be cool to see where his store is. How much has that area changed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back