TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

I read that Robert and wife Kathy moved to Vermont in Jan 1972, after two dates.

I read that somewhere, but today I have read All Good Things was there in 1971, so I'm wondering if one of the stories was wrong. The info coming out today said 1971.

Isn't it interesting and awful that when Lynne Schulze went missing and she was last seen sitting at the bus stop eating prunes purchased from a store across the street that no authorities bothered to check around the area where she was last seen! Wouldn't you think that would be a perfect place to start questioning people? I find it very odd that they would not have check the people working or living in the area.

When I watch stories about people who have gone missing, I hear just all too often that the authorities assume they left because they wanted to. I know it is possible and some people do disappear on purpose, but for the most part, I just don't buy it. I'm hoping in current day, the police are taking disappearances more seriously than in the past, yet I have to wonder if things have changed.

I think/hope that attitude is changing. Back then they were definitely more careless with things like this. The first thought was they walked away. JMO

I read that Robert and wife Kathy moved to Vermont in Jan 1972, after two dates.

That's what she wrote in her journal, 1972. Her brother says she moved to Vetmont in 1972. I saw somewhere the store opened in Jan 1972. I suppose Durst could have been in the area in Dec 10-11, 1971 getting permits, stocking etc?

I read that somewhere, but today I have read All Good Things was there in 1971, so I'm wondering if one of the stories was wrong. The info coming out today said 1971.

Apparently he must have owned it in 1971, but didn't run it until Jan 1972.
From the book Cold Cases:
https://books.google.com/books?id=F...robert durst all good things jan 1972&f=false

The couple moved in together in January 1972 and relocated to Vermont, where they opened a health food store called All Good Things.

I think/hope that attitude is changing. Back then they were definitely more careless with things like this. The first thought was they walked away. JMO

Iirc her parents weren't called for 5 days!

It is on Netflex!

Just finished watching it .. let me know what you thought. I was surprised how close it was to the Durst story actually. Quite liked the movie, but it did get boring near the end and I lost interest once Kathie was gone. One thing, it showed that he killed the dog, wasn't there anecdotal evidence that RD had killed a number of his dogs?

Just finished watching it .. let me know what you thought. I was surprised how close it was to the Durst story actually. Quite liked the movie, but it did get boring near the end and I lost interest once Kathie was gone. One thing, it showed that he killed the dog, wasn't there anecdotal evidence that RD had killed a number of his dogs?

Im going to watch it tomorrow now that I know it is on NF!

He didn't need to go from the US though, all he had to do is fly or drive to Canada, cross the border with his mask and ID no problemo, then fly on to Cuba without question as he could go then as a tourist, whereas you cannot from the US. He would not have made it from the US, IMO. It would be much harder to escape via the US where he is likely on a watch list, than it would be from Canada where he wouldn't be.

First commercial flight to Cuba was scheduled to fly out of New Orleans.

I am really starting to realize that he probably killed many, many people. I hope that this blows the top off of some cold cases.

He didn't need to go from the US though, all he had to do is fly or drive to Canada, cross the border with his mask and ID no problemo, then fly on to Cuba without question as he could go then as a tourist, whereas you cannot from the US. He would not have made it from the US, IMO. It would be much harder to escape via the US where he is likely on a watch list, than it would be from Canada where he wouldn't be.

I know several people who go to Cuba yearly through Mexico. They love it there, especially the people.

Yes, Mexico would also work. Almost anywhere would be more conspicuous than going to Cuba via the US.

I know several people who go to Cuba yearly through Mexico. They love it there, especially the people.

I think it would be interesting to see a few pics of this building where All Good Things Store was, especially a little bit more of the building and surrounding area. The pic that was posted only showed a corner of the building. Thanks. Is the bus stop still there? It is so sad that at 18 she was no more, I was 19 in 1971 and it seems like so long ago.

She disappeared a little over ten years before I was born, but from what I know the buildings are all pretty much the same except for interior renovations. The Keeler gulf station was sold in the late 80's but it is still a gulf station. Keeler's son is the current Addison County Sheriff, Don Keeler.

Greyhound dropped the bus stop at the gas station in Middlebury about 10 years ago, you now have to travel to Burlington or Rutland for bus service.

I am a little confused because I have seen mention of a bus station with some kind of access from All good things and then I have seen it stated that it was just a bus stop across the street at the gas station. I am going out of town Thursday for a long weekend, but next week I will go to the Vermont resource room at the library. They have all sorts of detailed maps and photos of the town throughout history, so I can clarify that aspect.

Durst often mailed his iPad. He frequented a UPS store near his Houston condo

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/mar/23/tracking-robert-durst-whats-he-still-hiding
Igor-Fayette Inc ceased its activities some time ago. WoofWoof is headquartered at the mansion Durst owns on Malcolm X Boulevard in Harlem, New York. Woofing’s registered address is a private mailbox at a UPS shipping store in a strip mall near downtown Houston, a 10-minute drive from his Robinhood condos. (Durst is a prolific user of private mailboxes; his name, and Woofing’s, is also associated with a mailbox on Santa Monica Boulevard in Los Angeles.)

Employees at the UPS store told the Guardian that Durst visited the shipping outlet about three times per month – and had been visiting for more than eight years. Sometimes he would drive himself in a Smart car or Volkswagen Eos, one employee said; sometimes he was driven in a truck by a “bodyguard” whom another likened to the controversial rap mogul Suge Knight. On one occasion, a UPS employee said, Durst could be seen urinating outside; on another occasion, he tripped and fell over a rug inside the store.

Durst’s most recent visit to the UPS store linked to Woofing LLC and its PO box, the Houston employees said, was in the week leading up to The Jinx’s finale – and his arrest.

There was nothing unusual about having a private mailbox or how Robert Durst’s packages looked from the outside, the UPS employees said. But he did have an odd habit: Durst’s iPad would travel separately from him on long journeys. He would arrive at the UPS store, put down his iPad on the counter and ask the staff to ship it to wherever in the country he was travelling.

“Always shipped overnight so it’d be there before he got there,
” a staff member told the Guardian.

Just had a theory on the IPAD shipping.

When he was arrested, they showed a picture of some weed he got busted with and it looked like really good weed. I just have to wonder if maybe he would hide some good weed in a hollowed out portion of his IPAD and used private mailboxes as a way to ensure his weed traveled with him.
He of course would not want to fly on airplanes trying to carry his own weed with him so I wonder if this was his way of keeping his supply with him when traveling.

He probably had a reliable supplier in some state OR traveled to one of the states that now has legal weed and maybe he would stock up on it when there and then whenever he was traveling around to other places he could always be sure he had his supply with him by using the IPAD shipping method.

Anyway just a theory I was thinking about because it doesnt make sense to me that he would have to ship his IPAD everywhere he went when traveling.
I wondered if having a private mailbox maybe the shipping is not checked like it would be if going to regular public shipping places.

Just had a theory on the IPAD shipping.

When he was arrested, they showed a picture of some weed he got busted with and it looked like really good weed. I just have to wonder if maybe he would hide some good weed in a hollowed out portion of his IPAD and used private mailboxes as a way to ensure his weed traveled with him.
He of course would not want to fly on airplanes trying to carry his own weed with him so I wonder if this was his way of keeping his supply with him when traveling.

He probably had a reliable supplier in some state OR traveled to one of the states that now has legal weed and maybe he would stock up on it when there and then whenever he was traveling around to other places he could always be sure he had his supply with him by using the IPAD shipping method.

Anyway just a theory I was thinking about because it doesnt make sense to me that he would have to ship his IPAD everywhere he went when traveling.
I wondered if having a private mailbox maybe the shipping is not checked like it would be if going to regular public shipping places.

BBM

Weed aficionado? :laughcry: You wouldn't do well under police questioning I think.

That's what she wrote in her journal, 1972. Her brother says she moved to Vetmont in 1972. I saw somewhere the store opened in Jan 1972. I suppose Durst could have been in the area in Dec 10-11, 1971 getting permits, stocking etc?

Found more from the diary, he was already in Vermont in 1971, Kathie moved there in 1972. He sold the store in Dec 1972.

http://www.***********/r/thejinx/comments/2zryp5/durst_bought_the_vermont_health_food_store/

From Kathie's diary (Episode 2 @11.00):

"We met in fall '71 - I was living & working in NYC whereas Bob was visiting NYC from Vermont. He had recently moved to Vermont and bought a health food store there. After two dates, he asked me to come live with him in Vermont and I did - in Jan '72.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/content/durst-case-scenarios/page/0/2

Najamy recalls, “Suddenly she realized that she had no power in her divorce case. She told me, ‘Gilberte, this man thinks he can do anything he wants to do and get away with it.’” Friends from nursing school counseled Kathie to report to the emergency room the next time Robert hit her so that the abuse would get on record. She was reluctant but on January 6, 1982, she showed up at Jacobi Hospital in the Bronx with bruises on her face.

Three weeks later she vanished. She was 29.

RBBM

IMO, the only ones that he has been accused of killing are those he has been in some sort of a relationship with. IMO, it seems like "that we know of" should be used in conjunction with RD. Something tells me there is a lot more to the odd little man than we will EVER know.

ALL JMO:moo:

I respectfully disagree because his neighbor that he himself admitted to chopping up was not really a relationship I dont think. We could probably classify the neighbor as an "acquantance".

For the girl that missed that final exam, I wonder if she got to talking to Durst about going to NY and he may have offered her a ride there because he knew NY really well because his dad owned his business there in NY.

I wonder if maybe when she went back to retrieve her pencil or pen that maybe Durst pulled up and said to hop in.

Once I learned about him chopping up the neighbor I began to think it is very possible he could have killed others.

BBM

Weed aficionado? :laughcry: You wouldn't do well under police questioning I think.

I could smell the sweet rich aroma through the TV set. LOL :)

Yeah, back in my day, it was a pretty big hobby I had. Not anymore these days, but I still wonder some day I may move to Colorado and pick up the hobby again. LOL

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/25/n...brings-a-tremendous-sense-of-relief.html?_r=0

In 1994, after years of talking to himself and urinating in the wastebaskets at the family office, Robert was removed as the successor to his father, Seymour Durst. In his place, Douglas was installed. Robert walked out of the office without notice one day and cut off most contacts with his family.

In recent years, Douglas said, he has been particularly concerned for the safety of his eldest daughter, Anita Durst, the head of an arts organization.

“Bob seemed to have some fixation on her,” Douglas Durst said. “She had events in the city where he would show up.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back