Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Gus tell this to LE or prosecution?
He called LE. Left a message. They did not return his call. He was ready to throw her under the bus. To paraphrase, he said her movements would have included or excluded her. His duty as a citizen.

And now I have the question: "Why do the elder Arias' have a 9mm and matching silencer?" I get the gun, but a silencer? Uh, fishy. No legitimate need ever for a silencer - that's why they're illegal. Interesting. Was Bill charged, probably not, wonder why not.
The gun was found in her rental car along with some knives.

I read earlier today that Gus was in his sixties, I think. He looks to me to be that age.

This one tickles me to read. There's so many out there. ha ha

http://www.legalshieldcalendar.com/ri?op=event&cid=102629&d=9&m=6&y=2012
Ok, I'm just curious, if this guy is a "six figure ring" whatsis and invented voice rec tech, why does he live in a trailer? I mean no offense, I just would have thought that he was wealthy and could afford a big house? Or is the trailer he lives in like a vacation home in the woods?

He called LE. Left a message. They did not return his call. He was ready to throw her under the bus. To paraphrase, he said her movements would have included or excluded her. His duty as a citizen.

He did exactly the right thing, calling to give LE information as soon as he saw she was arrested. According to GS, ja only told him that Travis was dead, not that she killed him and he would have no reason to think otherwise. I didn't remember from the video that they didn't return his call, thanks, I didn't want to go back and watch again. Who dropped that ball by not calling him back! Seems to me, that it would have provided a whole bunch more info a whole lot sooner.

Oh, then shouldn't he be prosecuted for aiding and abetting a murderer??!

Never mind, I just read that when JA called Gus Searcy the first night to tell him that TA was dead he really didn't think anything nefarious had happened so he didn't really have a reason to call LE... and JA said she was in Northern CA...

The gun was found in her rental car along with some knives.

The 9mm gun they found was in the parents home. A second gun recently purchased was found in the rental car. So there were two 9mm guns. One in the rental and one at her parent's home.

GROSSSSS!

gross-face.jpg

She said it herself in her blog... "I cannot ignore that there is an ever-present yearning and desire that pulses within me. It throbs for gratification and fulfillment."..."This yearning I have is perhaps the yearning for it to explode into expression. To be fully expressed would be would mean ultimate gratification." May 10,2008. jodiarias.blogspot.ca

The 9mm gun they found was in the parents home. A second gun recently purchased was found in the rental car. So there were two 9mm guns. One in the rental and one at her parent's home.

I know pretty much nothing about guns besides my DH collecting them. But a 9mm shell casing would NOT be tied to the casing found used on travis correct? Just trying to figure out Where the discussion of the 2 guns y'all are talking about.

Did Gus tell this to LE or prosecution?

PT dismissed this as nothing. I would think because there is no record of the call that night. Maybe he was mistaken and JA called the night she heard that Travis was dead. Makes sense because that is about the time she received her call from Dan Freeman.

I know pretty much nothing about guns besides my DH collecting them. But a 9mm shell casing would NOT be tied to the casing found used on travis correct? Just trying to figure out Where the discussion of the 2 guns y'all are talking about.

These were guns that were found after Travis was killed. One 9mm was found in the car JA rented shortly after she was arrested. The other 9mm with silencer was found when LE searched the parent's home. The gun that killed Travis was never recovered and was not a 9mm. I know it is confusing.

I'm thinking though, with the multitude of lies arias told and still continues to tell, even an appellate court wouldn't be able to ferret out anything truthful enough to consider giving her a new trial. She is soulless.

Just watched the video of Debra Milke talking to press. The comments from viewers were alarming, some comparing her to JA. There is no comparison, she had a bad cop who apparently lied about her confession, (her word) but I agree it should not have been used since there was no supporting testimony about the confession, but that doesn't mean she didn't have anything to do with it.

Some people were talking about how she abused her son and even her father and sister believed she had something to do with the killing. Also she wrote to the man who was convicted of killing her son. She told him the jail food was lously and fattening but she liked the exercise work out in the morning. She didn't mention her son at all. She acted like JA while in Jail, no compassion for the victim, which was her son.

I just don't want people comparing her case to JA's. JA admitted killing TA, just lied and said self-defense. I bet in her appeal she comes back with that Ninja story. A lot of her supporters still believe that story. Remember she held to that story until 2010 or 2011 when Nurmi and Samuels told her it wouldn't fly and she needed a better story. I bet she says they convinced her to lie because abuse would be a better defense. She would say anything to get a new trial, she has already said things about Nurmi and Samuels, so lying on them wouldn't bother her and it would poetic justice to lay it at their door, as horrible as they both were.

I'm thinking though, with the multitude of lies arias told and still continues to tell, even an appellate court wouldn't be able to ferret out anything truthful enough to consider giving her a new trial. She is soulless.

An appellant court only looks at the trial record to ensure she received a fair trial and to make sure the law was followed. That is it. Its not looking at lies vs truth. Just the court record.

All of this strictly my opinion;

The last time his email was accessed at 4:19 pm. I believe she accessed it. Travis possibly went to the bathroom, she hauled butt downstairs, accessed his email. Whatever she saw on that computer, email or otherwise set her off. She made her way back upstairs, and once he was in the shower, after the regular pictures, she pulled the gun. There's a picture of him with his mouth open and face obviously surprised, a little scared it looks like. She held him at gun point and made him sit for the "intense look" picture. He looked terrified. I think the shot came first. She took that picture of him, stood up, hence the accidental bottom of Travis body's picture. She shot him, Travis screamed, her ears were ringing because of the shower enclosure. In the "ninja" story,she said she blacked out once hit in the head. I think she was stunned for a minute due to the blast of the gun. Travis got to his feet, meanwhile she pulled the trigger again and it jammed.

The "linebacker" tackle was travis lunging at her, trying to get the gun. He was able to knock her down toward the toilet area, that's the ceiling picture. She wanted to contain the attack and shooting to the tile so it could be cleaned easily, so she moved further into the bathroom, making the end up near the toilet area.

In the "ninja story," JA says she was resting her head on his back, asking if he was ok. Once Travis was on the ground after lunging at her, he was on all fours. She kneeled, rested on his back, reached around and plunged the knife into his chest. The rush of adrenaline allowed him to stand again, with a roar he threw her off of him, the "body slam." This is the point he most likely mumbled, "kill you b****."

There was a struggle as he moved toward the sink, him trying to get the knife from her.

He made it to the sink to survey the damage, coughing up blood from the bullet that penetrated his sinuses. JA attacked him from behind, clustering knife wounds on his back. I think there was a struggle again as he attempted to take the knife, failing and getting stabbed in the head as he gave up and wanted to just get away.

She probably waited to see if he would just collapse. He made it to the carpet, probably gathering his strength to scream. She slit his throat to silence him and to end his life for sure, since he had fought all the other attacks and was surviving. The camera was kicked around in the struggle. She began to drag him, realized it was difficult.

She stripped the bed, tossing pillows off, possibly tearing the tassels as she flung them off the bed. She used the duvet or sheet to put his body, or part of it, to drag him easier. The palm print happened as she held on to the wall, dragging and pulling. Eventually, she was able to get him in the shower, clean herself over him after rinsing the blood from his body. Her hands were bleeding, but I don't think she noticed much until she gathered the laundry. A roommate said the banister felt slick. She either touched it with bloody hands, or the laundry soaked in blood was rubbing on it as she made her way to the laundry room. I think Napolean (sic) was gated downstairs so he wouldn't interfere in her plans.

I posted previously my theory. I am of the "shot came first" camp. The reason for this is because the shot was delivered at the top right of his head. He was stuffed into the shower laying on his right side. The shot could not have come last in the shower, as positioning, etc would have made that very improbable.

The reason Dr. Horn didn't find hemorrhage in the wound is because he sat in that shower, draining while she washed sheets, showered, and then rinsed him off.

As far as the possibility of Gus Searcy's privates.....if they keep it up, we'll end up viewing all of Prepaid Legal people's junk. Bleh.

Sorry Moderators and everyone but thought I would share a few of my thoughts. Unfortunately the death penalty is off the table for Jodi .She will most likely spend a large amount of time completely alone. Maybe she will sign up for a inmate penpal.
I have the perfect person in mind--Scott Peterson. They have a lot in common. Here are a few things they could discuss via the mail. Here are a few topics they could discuss.. Their " innocence" -(both found guilty of murder); the crappy prison food, family they will never see, things they will never do. places they will never visit. , how good looking they used to be; bad relationships and how badly they have treated others. They are some similarities- both enjoy sports- Scott loves fishing & playing basketball and Jodi likes standing on her head and is fascinated with martial arts ( ninjas). Both are narcissistic in my opinion, both seem to like being in charge and being the center of attention. They have also shattered so many beautiful lives. They are long distance so they can't harm each other and hopefully no one else. No two people have deserved each other more than Jodi and Scott.

My heart goes out to the Alexander and Rocha families. They have suffered so much because of these two people. My prayers and thoughts are with them always.

If this post offends Moderator feel free to remove it. It was not intended to make fun of the victims or their families. Scott and Jodi's personalities are just so similar its scary.

Just my opinion *

There is one big difference with Scott and Jodi. She admits to butchering her victim, but claims self defense, (he deserved it) whereas Scott never admitted to killing his wife. That case always bothered me because of the big deal everyone made of Scott going fishing on Christmas Eve. My husband also went fishing but then so did Laci's mothers live in boyfriend. I also didn't like the magic dog that followed a scent 90 miles on the freeway in a car. They drug that judge up out of retirement too. He may have killed her but I never would have voted for conviction, too much reasonable doubt. Hate me if you want but that's my opinion.

There is one big difference with Scott and Jodi. She admits to butchering her victim, but claims self defense, (he deserved it) whereas Scott never admitted to killing his wife. That case always bothered me because of the big deal everyone made of Scott going fishing on Christmas Eve. My husband also went fishing but then so did Laci's mothers live in boyfriend. I also didn't like the magic dog that followed a scent 90 miles on the freeway in a car. They drug that judge up out of retirement too. He may have killed her but I never would have voted for conviction, too much reasonable doubt. Hate me if you want but that's my opinion.

Interesting take. I haven't followed that case at all, I'll keep this in mind when I do.

I think so.

Then the casing would have been air born for a short time in order to land the way it did. If kicked and it rolled into the blood, it would have had blood on the top of the casing instead of just the bottom. That is why I believe it happened last. JMO

PT dismissed this as nothing. I would think because there is no record of the call that night. Maybe he was mistaken and JA called the night she heard that Travis was dead. Makes sense because that is about the time she received her call from Dan Freeman.

That is what I understood as well, she called GS the night Travis was found and not the night she killed him, GS just 'misremembered'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46