Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will sit here in the dark with you,Surfside!! :seeya:
:happydance:
I'm happy to have the company. Seriously, though. I'm trying not to let paranoia take over, wondering if my DNA is somewhere on file to be entered into a database. I know we live in a pretty touchy/feely/bicycle helmet/bottled water/microchip kind of society these days. I've come to terms with it, for the most part, but is DNA submission a byproduct of our society's direction with kids nowadays? I have close to 20 years on Heather and can't think of a time when my DNA would have been collected growing up, but that's kind of my question, I guess. Is that something that's being done?

Since DNA is in your saliva and hair, it is pretty easy for LE to get a sample. Hairbrush, toothbrush, cigarette butt etc

Since DNA is in your saliva and hair, it is pretty easy for LE to get a sample. Hairbrush, toothbrush, cigarette butt etc
And in the expert knowledge I've gained from watching Law & Order and NCIS (haha), I knew that to be the case, but I was reading up on DNA samples, which brought me to question whether any of those would be viable samples. For example, with hair, do they not need live follicles? It's my understanding that cut or broken hair does not contain DNA, so they would need the actual root. Again though, I'm just now educating myself on this, so thank you for any light you can shed on the topic.

A new trial date has not been set but Judge Dennis is not specifically scheduled to be in Horry County the rest of the year, according to the S.C. Judicial Department.

He is scheduled to be in chambers the week of June 29. He also has a vacation scheduled the week of July 13, the judicial department website says.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_79972f40-d311-11e4-bfb0-3726b7644b98.html

A new trial date has not been set but Judge Dennis is not specifically scheduled to be in Horry County the rest of the year, according to the S.C. Judicial Department.

Bring back Judge John!!!!!!!:jail:

They actually don't need your DNA - can use your mother's, father's, even a sibling's DNA, though I understand some types are better than others. That's what is typically used to ID missing persons - not their actual DNA but a close relative's.

They actually don't need your DNA - can use your mother's, father's, even a sibling's DNA, though I understand some types are better than others. That's what is typically used to ID missing persons - not their actual DNA but a close relative's.
Thank you. That makes sense (and goes along with the expertise I've gained from watching tv). :)

"...all parties consented to the delay: Solicitor Jimmy Richardson, Tammy Moorer's attorney Greg McCollum, and Sidney Moorer's attorney Kirk Truslow." In part, this makes me nervous. In part, this is a relief.

Me too!! I do like that all parties agreed. TM wanted a speedy trial and now her lawyer is agreeing to this.....interesting.

Bring back Judge John!!!!!!!:jail:

I would not mind a new judge! Judge Dennis makes me nervous...
Along with everyone else, not sure how I feel about the delay. Definitely don't mind the extra time to make a solid case if the prosecution needs it, but wish the M's weren't going to be out on bail in the meantime! :dunno:

I would not mind a new judge! Judge Dennis makes me nervous...
Along with everyone else, not sure how I feel about the delay. Definitely don't mind the extra time to make a solid case if the prosecution needs it, but wish the M's weren't going to be out on bail in the meantime! :dunno:

Judge Dennis makes me VERY nervous. I've been looking at his sentencing history and well, I'll let you do your own research. I don't want to violate TOS in any way. Google him and I'm sure you will see what I'm looking at.

I also don't like that he's from Moncks Corner, if it's not going to be a Horry County judge then can't it at least be a judge who's not from the same hometown as the accused?

I really want all the social media drama to stop, it's just so cruel - to both families really. I hate to see this trial get drug out longer but if it makes for a better outcome I guess we have to wait. [emoji35]

Judge Dennis makes me VERY nervous. I've been looking at his sentencing history and well, I'll let you do your own research. I don't want to violate TOS in any way. Google him and I'm sure you will see what I'm looking at.

I also don't like that he's from Moncks Corner, if it's not going to be a Horry County judge then can't it at least be a judge who's not from the same hometown as the accused?

I really want all the social media drama to stop, it's just so cruel - to both families really. I hate to see this trial get drug out longer but if it makes for a better outcome I guess we have to wait. [emoji35]

in 2009 he gave out the first death sentence that had been given out in SC in 13 years.

That's pretty good.

I've been thinking about the first bond hearing and the last bond hearing. It just seemed like a really different vibe than the second one. It didn't seem like the state put up much of a fight? Granted, the judge told so many stories there was little room for the state to speak. Does anyone think that there is any chance at all that SM flipped and that's why the state kind of seemed to hang back and now the trial is delayed? SM walked right past TM when he was released...like she wasn't even there. It's probably just wishful thinking on my part but I just feel like something is up.

I've been thinking about the first bond hearing and the last bond hearing. It just seemed like a really different vibe than the second one. It didn't seem like the state put up much of a fight? Granted, the judge told so many stories there was little room for the state to speak. Does anyone think that there is any chance at all that SM flipped and that's why the state kind of seemed to hang back and now the trial is delayed? SM walked right past TM when he was released...like she wasn't even there. It's probably just wishful thinking on my part but I just feel like something is up.

BBM
Yes, that judge really likes to hear himself talk, doesn't he?

No, I do not think SM flipped on TM. If he did why did he choose to go home to her, instead of taking his kids to where his family is from? It was said his brother would offer him employment.

BBM
Yes, that judge really likes to hear himself talk, doesn't he?

No, I do not think SM flipped on TM. If he did why did he choose to go home to her, instead of taking his kids to where his family is from? It was said his brother would offer him employment.

Good point and I've thought about that too. Maybe he was told to stay with TM so that she wouldn't be aware of him turning? Maybe he was more afraid of ending up like Heather if he angers TM and her family. I could never see him not going home with her and taking the kids from her and living near his family with them...TM would lose it. It's also very odd that his brother would offer him a job when his family didn't get him a lawyer or have anything to do with his bond. SM clearly does what he's told and maybe he still is but maybe it's not TM's orders that he's following now....maybe it just looks that way to TM. Again,probably just wishful thinking.

Maybe the prosecution wanted to ask for a continuation and knew they could get it if the M's were out on bond? I don't know who asked for the extension but that is only speculation.

Maybe the prosecution wanted to ask for a continuation and knew they could get it if the M's were out on bond? I don't know who asked for the extension but that is only speculation.

That could very well be. I have no idea, I just really want to know why the delay? I must also be trying to dream up ways for SM to do the right thing but honestly,I don't think he has the balls.

That could very well be. I have no idea, I just really want to know why the delay? I must also be trying to dream up ways for SM to do the right thing but honestly,I don't think he has the balls.
He doesnt. Only two types of men could have a lasting relationship with Tammy. A man with a personality just like hers or a balless man. Since he seems to be smart enough to lay low, he cant have her personality so he must be the balless type.

I thought more about it and I guess the defense would not have an issue with a delay since their clients are out on bond. I mean technically, they are "free" until there is a conviction, correct? Question.... If HE body is found between now and the court date, the Ms can't be put back in jail just for that fact, can they? Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak