FL - Brady Pimentel, 6, shot dead by 12yo brother, who killed himself, 25 March 2015

zwiebel

Reaction score
A row over food culminated in a 13-year-old boy shooting his six-year-old brother dead, wounding his 16-year-old brother and then turning the gun on himself, Pasco County, Florida investigators say.

This is a horrific scene," (Sheriff) Nocco said. "This is a nightmare when you hear about the ages of these boys, a 6-year-old that was probably playing in his room, an argument over food and he lost his life."

The mother of the three boys was at work when the shooting occurred. A fourth son, who is 18, was not at the home.

The 16-year-old's injuries are not life threatening. The shooting occurred in Hudson.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/multiple-victims-in-hudson-shooting/2222877

Dear God, I sure hope they weren't starving and fighting over the little food they had left? That was the first thing that entered my mind. This is such a sad, sad story, I don't think I really want to know what caused the dispute.

A 13-year-old boy shot his 6-year-old brother to death, wounded an older brother and then committed suicide Wednesday evening, the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office said.

The fight began after an argument over food, Sheriff Chris Nocco said.

“This is a nightmare when you hear about the ages,’’ Nocco said at a press conference.

The shootings took place at a mobile home in the 16000 block of Bachmann Avenue in Hudson.

The sheriff’s office had not revealed the names of the brothers late Wednesday.

Stressing that the details were still preliminary, the sheriff said the 16-year-old called 911 at 6:19 p.m. and told dispatchers he had been shot.

Deputies were the first responders who arrived at the mobile home and found the 13-year-old and 6-year-old dead and the 16-year-old with a gunshot wound, Nocco said.

(snip)

http://tbo.com/news/crime/pasco-deputies-investigating-hudson-shootings-20150325/

What a horrible tragedy :(

Watching the press conference live at my school- I am a school nurse in Pasco county and woke up to the horrific news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG, How did this child get his hands on a gun????

Another *shaking my head moment*

OMG, How did this child get his hands on a gun????

Another *shaking my head moment*

Because there was one in the house that wasn't secured. This tragedy wouldn't have happened otherwise. MOO.

A 12-year-old boy was cooking with his older brother when an argument erupted, and the boy shot his 6-year-old brother to death, wounded his older brother in the leg and killed himself, a sheriff said Thursday.

Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco previously said the argument Wednesday night was over food, but at a news conference a day later he wouldn't talk about it, saying only that the older boys were preparing food and deputies were still investigating.

The boys were identified as 12-year-old Kevin Pimentel, 6-year-old Brady Pimentel and 16-year-old Trevor Pimentel. They were home alone at the Sugar Lane Mobile Home Park north of Tampa while their mother was at work, Nocco said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ls-brother-wounds-another-20150325-story.html

Speechless. How the heck did a bunch of kids have access to a gun with no adults around?

I hate to think this is anything other than what was reported so I will hold my tongue and wait for updates. This poor family... tears...

Originally Posted by ~Lyric~ "OMG, How did this child get his hands on a gun????..." sbm

Because there was one in the house that wasn't secured. This tragedy wouldn't have happened otherwise. MOO.

Yes, daisy7,
but who brought it into home? Mom? Other adult living in household? A visitor who left it there?
One of teen boys got it elsewhere?

I have not seen anything from LE about source of gun. Or kind or caliber.

Often a day or so after this kind of shooting, there's an announcement re crim charges - one way or the other. Did I miss it?

HUDSON —*Pasco County sheriff’s deputies continued their investigation Friday into the*shooting deaths of two young brothers*in Hudson, with few answers emerging as to why a 12-year-old boy shot and killed his 6-year-old sibling, wounded an older brother and then took his own life Wednesday night.

Detectives were quiet Friday, not answering questions about where the gun came from, who owned it and how the youth got access to it.

“We’ve got nothing new on that yet,” said sheriff’s spokesman Eddie Daniels on Friday.

(Snip)

http://tbo.com/news/breaking-news/answers-remain-elusive-in-sibling-deaths-20150327/?page=1

The heartbreaking plea of a single mother for financial help just one day before her son, 12, shot dead his brother, 6, in murder-suicide while the mom was at work

Kevin Pimentel, 12, shot his brother Brady Pimentel, 6, dead Wednesday night at their mobile home in Hudson, Florida

He shot his brother Trevor Pimentel, 16, in the leg before killing himself

Kevin and Trevor had been cooking about 6pm when an argument erupted

Their mother, Helen Campochiaro, 38, was working one of her two jobs

Relatives say she was a single mom who kept a gun for protection and that the boys had been brought up with gun safety

On a Go Fund Me page set up one day before the shooting, Campochiaro asked for help in raising a deposit for a new home

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3014264/Sheriff-describes-horrific-scene-brothers-shot.html

"On her Facebook page she says that she makes themed cakes and is a seamstress.
Originally from New Jersey, she wrote that she 'will always be a Punk Jersey girl'."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3014264/Sheriff-describes-horrific-scene-brothers-shot.html. Mar27. same link as BlondieinSpokane

In goxxxdme site she set up - imaged in DailyMail - she says she is "self-employed" but above per FB, those sound like at-home work.
Says "I regretfuly feel like I never see my boys."

Friends set up a/c at 'givexxxxxx' site, goal $10,000.oo, now at $7735. w 139 donations, so should get them into a new place.

Sad, sad, sad, not just one but two children lost. They both looked like darlings. How can a mother ever hope to start healing?

More updated info from Pasco County Sheriff's Office and the boys' father.

Chronology Mar 25
".... Just after 6 p.m.... Kevin [12 y/o] removed a box of fish sticks from the fridge and
asked his 16-year-old brother Trevor to help him make dinner.....
alone with their 6-year-old brother; their mother was at one of her two jobs. Trevor rose from the couch to help Kevin...Kevin walked to the back of the family's mobile home.
He returned with a gun and walked to the room of Brady, their younger brother.
Trevor told detectives that he heard the gunshot.
"Trevor immediately checked on his brother and then returned to the kitchen where Kevin was standing with the gun"....
Trevor pushed Kevin, who shot and wounded him in the leg.
Kevin then shot and killed himself.
Trevor called 911...officer who arrived could hear Trevor screaming for help."

"...continue to investigate Kevin's motive for shooting his brothers and are combing
through his computer files and personal journal. They're also interviewing friends and family members.

".... The boy's father — Luis Pimentel — questioned why the gun wasn't secured.
"I just feel like the reason why my children aren't alive today is because that gun wasn't secured," he told the paper.

Wed. funeral services were held for Brady and Kevin.
Their 18-year-old half-brother also lived in the home, but he wasn't there.
Trevor told officials that Kevin often fought with the younger brother over food,
but on that evening, there wasn't a specific argument.

http://centurylink.net/news/read/ca...ls_no_argument_before_florida_boy_shot_his-ap April 2

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back