Thread Display: Posts Per Page?

I wonder if your max is dependent on if you are electing to see signatures or not. Sometimes those signatures take up quite a bit of room. I can imagine that could change a display count per page. Perhaps people who have the don't see signature option selected can display 100 with those having signatures visible selected in their settings seeing a max of 50.

Now THAT would be a good balance for both worlds TLCYA! THAT is a GREAT compromise!

If Dave AHFB did such programming... my hats are off to them and kuddos!!!!!

I don't see siggies OR AVATARS and other stuff nowdays, but I did in the beginning and sometimes don't sign on just to see them again as it does show personalities of posters which I love.

Dave AHFB, thank you :tyou: for all that you do and your expertise! And Tricia... best wishes :wink: and :tyou: also

Perhaps one will come on and tell us why we are seeing so many differences on who NOW has xx number of posts per page as it seems different for many. Perhaps someone can :websleuther: it and change their settings to see if it has made a difference on their page?

I'm on my cell; going into CP to look is a PITA; is it back?

I did the same Roselvr... I just quit doing computer and went to phone which wasn't affected. Missed out for a while posting and joining in on many discussions, and just not even coming to WS when I wanted due to difficulty posting through Tapatalk. Went elsewhere and did other stuff and got in the habit of doing such iykwim :wink:

Yep, it appears that PERHAPS is back to original settings you had. :happydance:

Yay! Mine is back to the way I love it! Thank y'all so much!

Now THAT would be a good balance for both worlds TLCYA! THAT is a GREAT compromise!

If Dave AHFB did such programming... my hats are off to them and kuddos!!!!!

I don't see siggies OR AVATARS and other stuff nowdays, but I did in the beginning and sometimes don't sign on just to see them again as it does show personalities of posters which I love.

Dave AHFB, thank you :tyou: for all that you do and your expertise! And Tricia... best wishes :wink: and :tyou: also

Perhaps one will come on and tell us why we are seeing so many differences on who NOW has xx number of posts per page as it seems different for many. Perhaps someone can :websleuther: it and change their settings to see if it has made a difference on their page?

No tapatalk for me. I come here using my mobile browser if I'm on the cell. I normally come here on a Mac so a lot of windows issues didn't apply to me. I know people that had a heck of a time on Windows computers

I don't use Tapatalk, either. For some reason, when I tried to use Tapatalk on my Kindle Fire, I was not able to log into Websleuths on my PC when logged into Tapatalk on KF. Have no idea what that reason would be or the relationship there, but it kept happening. Didn't make any sense to me, either, but it kept happening, lol.

I didn't like Tapatalk much, anyway, so I just use whatever the browser is on my KindleFire(Android) for everything I view on it (facebook/twitter/all websites), and use GoogleChrome on my PC, so I am logging into Websleuths under Google Chrome on PC, and regular browser on Android device. 100 posts/page is perfect for me, so I haven't checked or tried to change to see if I can get over 100, or not. It was difficult on my Kindle to view say, the NEW POSTS link here, then see 1,2,3,4......45 pages on say JArias Trial post when 25 per page, I would have to click on the last page# (45 for example) and then try to randomly pick here and there prior #'s, say, pg. 40, then back to say 35 or whatever, keep randomly picking and re-loading the pages, which would take forever, to try to see where I read last. Going to
"last post read" option didn't work for me as many times I'll be in a thread, and have to bail out for interruptions, whatever, and didn't read more than a post or two. It was taking forever to find where I left off, so I just quit doing it. I am very happy I can see 100 posts/page again.

I don't use Tapatalk, either. For some reason, when I tried to use Tapatalk on my Kindle Fire, I was not able to log into Websleuths on my PC when logged into Tapatalk on KF. Have no idea what that reason would be or the relationship there, but it kept happening. Didn't make any sense to me, either, but it kept happening, lol.

I didn't like Tapatalk much, anyway, so I just use whatever the browser is on my KindleFire(Android) for everything I view on it (facebook/twitter/all websites), and use GoogleChrome on my PC, so I am logging into Websleuths under Google Chrome on PC, and regular browser on Android device. 100 posts/page is perfect for me, so I haven't checked or tried to change to see if I can get over 100, or not. It was difficult on my Kindle to view say, the NEW POSTS link here, then see 1,2,3,4......45 pages on say JArias Trial post when 25 per page, I would have to click on the last page# (45 for example) and then try to randomly pick here and there prior #'s, say, pg. 40, then back to say 35 or whatever, keep randomly picking and re-loading the pages, which would take forever, to try to see where I read last. Going to
"last post read" option didn't work for me as many times I'll be in a thread, and have to bail out for interruptions, whatever, and didn't read more than a post or two. It was taking forever to find where I left off, so I just quit doing it. I am very happy I can see 100 posts/page again.

My method for posts is I thank posts that I've read so when I go back; its easy to find where I left off. There are some I don't think cause I totally don't agree with them but its worked for me. Especially cases that are not my main one.

That's a weird issue. I'm able to be logged into WS with multiple devices at the same time. Cell browser; Mac & windows puter

I wonder if those that had 200 now have 100 option; those of us that had 100 now have 50 option

No, I had 200 posts and as of yesterday I only had the option for 50, but the page was displaying 55 posts...

Site has been painfully slow for me the last several days. Pages take forever to load, hiccups resulting double posts, etc. :gaah:

Alignment on the iPad is whacked out. Items usually on top have shot to the side making post boxes short.
image.jpg

Please keep your posts in the correct thread. If you have a sidebar issue, you may want to post it in the sidebar thread so you do not end up feeling ignored. Before you do though, please read the entire thread so that I do not have to repeat the same things.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.

Dave may think your post was in the wrong thread, Roselvr, but I sure say a big THANK YOU! Those ads on the right side took up nearly half my page on ipad. Clicking those two arrow thingies took it away. Thanks

Dave may think your post was in the wrong thread, Roselvr, but I sure say a big THANK YOU! Those ads on the right side took up nearly half my page on ipad. Clicking those two arrow thingies took it away. Thanks

You're very welcome! I was on my cell when he replied; tried to look for the thread; ended up having to hop on the puter because I was not seeing a thread named "sidebar issue". Figured I'd throw the link/ fix here for the few people signed up so they don't have to go nuts looking.

So Dave, what's the definitive answer on the number of posts/page? I still only have a choice of the forum default or 50 posts/page and that's on my laptop, which is what I use most. 50 is better than 25, but still way too small. I used to have 200/page, but would like at least 100/page so that I don't have to load as many pages on fast moving threads like Jodi Arias. It's too hard to catch up and keep up. Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeo20
Back