HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed it has also been updated to say "18-25 year old" female.

I wonder if they've shown photos of the robe and stuff to Heather's family or roommate to see if they recognized it?

Back to the "pretty well concluded it's not her" vs. the "ruled out" statements we've read...IF they have ruled out Heather, shouldn't she be listed under "Exclusions," right there with Kristine Bruce? Or am I being clueless again?

Back to the "pretty well concluded it's not her" vs. the "ruled out" statements we've read...IF they have ruled out Heather, shouldn't she be listed under "Exclusions," right there with Kristine Bruce? Or am I being clueless again?

That's exactly what has me still questioning these remains. Once HE is listed under the rules out area my brain will accept it, until then ... I know there is still a chance.

I noticed it has also been updated to say "18-25 year old" female.

I wonder if they've shown photos of the robe and stuff to Heather's family or roommate to see if they recognized it?

Curious as to how they know the age and gender and they can rule out one missing person, why not others?

It says DNA test not complete, maybe it is in the works?
Possibly ruled out Kristen based on teeth? Example - remains might have a natural tooth where Kristen had a filling? IDK, I really figured these would have been id'd last summer.

I agree with everyone. I'm not going to rule out it being HE until they do. I do wish we had something more by now. I assume that if they already knew it was HE it would be public knowledge, right? I remain conflicted in wishing it is her and hoping she is still alive (sadly I know in my heart that is not likely). Hoping answers come soon from this body that has been found in FL as well as HE case in general.

I will let go of the idea that this could be Heather, when they enter her DNA,show me why it cannot possibly be her and list her as ruled out.

Dental records should not take that long to read; I was an assistant and could read them immediately, just
by identifying the teeth, one missing, filled etc. x-rays would also be used to assist if they needed them.

Dental records should not take that long to read; I was an assistant and could read them immediately, just
by identifying the teeth, one missing, filled etc. x-rays would also be used to assist if they needed them.

I'm wondering if all the teeth were intact? They could have been knocked out? Something sure is causing them to take an enormous amount of time.

The only response to that that I have is it could be somebody that is not on file, perhaps an illegal?

Stalling. There ar 32 teeth in an adult, minus 4 wisdom molars that are usually extracted early in adulthood.
All other teeth would still be pretty easy to indentify; unless all teeth were extracted but even then there is
a risk of roots being left behind, some teeth have two roots, some three, some one. Someone would have
to be very strong to do this, very strong. I worked in oral surgery for along time special forceps are used depending on roots and size of tooth. This process is not a short one some time would be needed and a person that could stomach alot of blood. This would take some skill.

The only response to that that I have is it could be somebody that is not on file, perhaps an illegal?

I think the biggest concern we have is ruling out HE, not so much getting an ID on the remains. That is important obviously but why is it taking so long to rule out (or confirm) that these remains are HE.

Here is something else that I thought of. I know that a bathrobe and sheet were found along with the body. What about jewelry? On the photo that Heather sent her dad while she was driving, she had a ring on her middle finger along with that white watch. Could H parents identify that ring. Is it possible that it could have been kept at the Ms for a trophy. That ring could play a big part in this investigation.

I think the biggest concern we have is ruling out HE, not so much getting an ID on the remains. That is important obviously but why is it taking so long to rule out (or confirm) that these remains are HE.
It is definitely interesting that she hasn't officially been ruled out on namus. Perhaps it is "taking so long" deliberately as evidence or something, or it just simply isn't her...there is definitely more going on in the background, but who knows why

Kristine Bruce ruled out on 3/17/15

So they have enough teeth or DNA to rule out Kristine. :deepbreaths: I know this is what everyone has been discussing but that is just sinking in. Sometimes I can be a little slow.

I remember very early on something about two (2) small rings found on the front seat of Heather's car, mickey mouse and mini mouse. Does anyone remember any such posting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021