GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In effect, this is another Craigslist killing. What the heck is wrong with people these days? I'm not only talking about how I lose my faith in humankind a bit more each day, but WHY are people so willing to put their lives on the line by engaging in such risky behavior with complete strangers? By all accounts, this wasn't a stupid person, professionally anyway. No sex act is worth risking your life.
I'm selling a motorcycle and a snowmobile on CL right now. Even with that, I'll be meeting any prospective buyers in the parking lot of our State Police Post.
This is such a heartbreaking tragedy.

Good catch. It looks like she confessed to someone afterward.

Or...was letting a co-conspirator know that the job was finished. I'm not convinced that she acted alone and not under the direction of someone else.
Stay tuned...

Good catch. It looks like she confessed to someone afterward.

I don't think it was a confession, more of a report back to a <modsnip>.

Don't anyone be limited to the male of the species whenever homosexual/bisexuality is mentioned in this case. JG has been outed by media twitter link ^^. Crow is NOT on the plate IMO. There's more arrests to be made IMO.

(modsnip)

Good catch! She was desperate for money it seems. I agree with the first paragraph of your post before this, that he did initiate this via CL and was prepared to see someone. But I don't think she ever intended to have sex or play sex games. They did get as far as putting those ties on his hands, so he must have gone along with things up to a point...
And yes, I would very much like to know who she called afterwards. Her gf?

(modsnip)

Her real facebook account was linked earlier, that one isn't her

Dark clothes and gloves are not just worn "for murder." Those committing home invasion robberies and lots of kind of theft dress like that, too. Obviously if you're responding to an Ad on Craiglist from a man looking for male hook-ups and you're responding only with the intention to rob them, you're going to wear gloves so as not to leave fingerprints on any of the items you rooted through of theirs and handled, while looking for the valuables to steal, IMO. I would imagine that DM flipped right out big time when he quickly realized she was not "Chris Sanchez", the alleged "man" he'd been communicating with for several hours via Craigslist, but in fact was a woman there in his room about to rob him. I'm not denying that she clearly meant to kill him, due to the obvious rage manifested in the severity and location of his stab wounds........but IMO it still does not prove, based on that alone, that she went there specifically with the intention to kill him.

I would be curious to know though......if there were any other men on Craigslist that she duped and robbed in hotel rooms. I'm sure LE will be looking into this. I find it hard to believe that this would have been her first time. And if there were others, perhaps the others were bigger men......or who had with them a gun for protection (obviously just due to the fact that meeting some stranger off Craigslist for a sexual encounter would be pretty damn risky). A sad crime because I would venture to guess that any man who's been robbed in a hotel room by someone on Craiglist who duped them is pretty unlikely to report being robbed to the police, due to the embarrassment factor of it all.

Perhaps DM threatened her, told her he was an attorney and she'd go to jail and he'd make sure of it...........and that infuriated her, the thought of getting caught this time when times in the past she got away with it..........and major rage ensued and she just went ballistic. I'm surely not trivializing what she did in the least.............but it makes little sense to me that if her M.O. was to rob unsuspecting men on Craiglist, why kill?

I agree Mom. She stabbed him so hard in the spine it went into his pleural cavity iirc. She was also dressed for murder...dark clothes, gloves. jmo

Thank you so much all, but these two passages of the statement, going off all the great observations, work and links y'all provided, stood out to me. So, am posting them now and see what you think while I catch up with you.

View attachment 72203View attachment 72204View attachment 72205

It's strange to now know what she looks like, if you look at the video again, it's hard not to see her. I'm sorry for David's family so much and for him, especially. She's lying, from my impressions, her second thoughts and statement are covering something more. The door, it seems to me, was not open, she's covering for whatever gave her the capacity to get in or whomever, a trail there I think. The disposing of the phone and clothes as well, probably covering for wherever she stashed them. She's a keeper, in the sense that she kept the ties, weird freaky strange wacko chick keeper type, so her mom is lying too. Probably a "squared away" psycho who likes cats more than people, in her heart of hearts. She stabbed him there because that's what she lacks most of all, and then the rest. I'm wondering if David discussed his height? She is killed a man she wants to be, I think?

Okay, back to catching up, you are all too good to miss. Midge, please don't stop, you're wit is carrying me through.

I don't know if it's a big deal or not, but I think the door was open. I would assume that's standard procedure in these encounters so the other person doesn't have to spend time in the hallway knocking and waiting. They just slip right in quickly and quietly.

I can (almost) see her stabbing him and running out in a panic. BUT she stabbed him in the heart, in the groin, in the liver, in the spinal column... And more. That is very violent and intentional. IMO

The judge mentioned today that he was holding her for the next trial date in part because she continued to stab him after he stepped (staggered?) away from her.

In effect, this is another Craigslist killing. What the heck is wrong with people these days? I'm not only talking about how I lose my faith in humankind a bit more each day, but WHY are people so willing to put their lives on the line by engaging in such risky behavior with complete strangers? By all accounts, this wasn't a stupid person, professionally anyway. No sex act is worth risking your life.
I'm selling a motorcycle and a snowmobile on CL right now. Even with that, I'll be meeting any prospective buyers in the parking lot of our State Police Post.
This is such a heartbreaking tragedy.

BBM

Brilliant idea.

Thank you so much all, but these two passages of the statement, going off all the great observations, work and links y'all provided, stood out to me. So, am posting them now and see what you think while I catch up with you.

View attachment 72203View attachment 72204View attachment 72205

It's strange to now know what she looks like, if you look at the video again, it's hard not to see her. I'm sorry for David's family so much and for him, especially. She's lying, from my impressions, her second thoughts and statement are covering something more. The door, it seems to me, was not open, she's covering for whatever gave her the capacity to get in or whomever, a trail there I think. The disposing of the phone and clothes as well, probably covering for wherever she stashed them. She's a keeper, in the sense that she kept the ties, weird freaky strange wacko chick keeper type, so her mom is lying too. Probably a "squared away" psycho who likes cats more than people, in her heart of hearts. She stabbed him there because that's what she lacks most of all, and then the rest. I'm wondering if David discussed his height? She is killed a man she wants to be, I think?

Okay, back to catching up, you are all too good to miss. Midge, please don't stop, you're wit is carrying me through.

I'm not defending the perp and not criticizing you FindHG but because she is a lesbian does not mean she wants to be a man.
I really hope this thread does not resort to bashing her because of her sexuality,I have noticed a tone in some posts.

Please, cuffem, I would never bash anyone for their sexuality, ever. She, is a perp who stabbed him in the heart and groin, and tormented him probably. There are lots of ways to kill people, stabbing in the groin is a deliberate act, not defensive, it seems to me. Those deep penetrating wounds were done when he was subdued already, it seems. She may not have been able to get that kind of stab through to his heart without much force, momentum and freedom of movement, not during an attack with his being able to fight her off freely.

She is lying in her statements, her second thoughts. After she decided to talk with detectives again, it was to cover for the aspects I mentioned, that may point to somebody else with knowledge of this. She had a choice to lie in any way she chose, given the information about emails and craigslist are known. So why did she choose to lie about these things? What could she have done with the phone and the clothes that she may not want LE to look for? Who was the weeble in the lobby watching her? Is it possible for the door to have been open? Why would there have been blood by the door? He went to open the door.

Please, cuffem, I would never bash anyone for their sexuality, ever. She, is a perp who stabbed him in the heart and groin, and tormented him probably. There are lots of ways to kill people, stabbing in the groin is a deliberate act, not defensive, it seems to me. Those deep penetrating wounds were done when he was subdued already, it seems. She may not have been able to get that kind of stab through to his heart without much force, momentum and freedom of movement, not during an attack. I'm don't judge people that way, though you're free use my post as prompt for that kind of discussion, but I'd rather you not.

I am not prompting for a discussion on her sexuality.This thread is about DM and how he was murdered by her.I was asking not to go there.

It seems the "very low-key, mild-mannered" JG (as described by her former basketball coach) had quite a mean streak. I wonder if any arguments with her partner were violent?

I know she left the security job, but was she currently employed?

Wow. I've not picked up on any tone disrespecting her for her sexuality. Getting a more complete picture of who she was, yes. Disgust for her actions? Yes.
As details surface about both victim and perp, they'll be mentioned as that's what we do here.
As for the victim, his sexuality doesn't bother me in the least, but it does explain the chain of events, via evidence, that led to his death.
I'm more disgusted that he was married and doing what he was doing. IN MY OPINION, he was betraying his wife and risking her life by extension of risking his own.
I don't want this to become a gay/bi/whatever issue and from what I've seen here, it isn't.

While it's possible she was bi, HE was actually posting messages to hookup with a male. Did this make him an easier target?? (blackmail, $$, ??)

Anybody can have more than one FB profile, particularly if they create one simply for the purposes of setting up a bogus crowd-funding acct.

Her real facebook account was linked earlier, that one isn't her

Agree. Her version is not the truth. From everything we've heard about this man, he doesn't even seem like the type that would "grab" her as she tried to walk out the door. And why in the world would she walk in, turn around and walk out?

Her motive was murder, plain and simple. Maybe she suggested the zip ties/restraint thing prior to meeting and he agreed, thinking it would be fun. She got him restrained and stabbed him, plain and simple. If she was simply trying to defend herself she could have stabbed him once and ran out the door.

I totally disagree. As I mentioned in the first thread a few months back, I operated an out call service over a decade ago and I am well aware that women play games with these guys. Nobody intends on killing anyone, things just go wrong and my feeling is that at 21 and new to her scamming game, she lost control. Her motive was cash and dash, but DM wasn't having it and most likely tried to yank the money out of her hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288