GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the kind of thing mothers say when they miscarry, or their child dies. This is the saddest thing that's ever happened to me. I don't see why that's an odd thing to say.

It just seems like it is very understated. "Sad" is such a common, bland, mild term to describe finding one's 5 yr old dead in a septic tank and then being arrested for it. I would think it was 'devasatating' , 'horrific' or 'heartbreaking.'

Media members were allowed to attend the hearing, but cameras were not allowed inside. White said she did not want media inside of the hearing because this is the worst thing that has ever happened to her and she doesn’t want her life to be the topic of everyone’s dinner conversation.

That women needs to shut the hell up!!!! I

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've already thanked you once for this, but it deserves another one!

I was sad to see they are also being charged for abuse of the baby girl. Those poor kids.

@CameronOAustin: #NoahThomas' parents Paul Thomas and Ashley White will be hiring their own attorney. It appears Jimmy Turk has been assisting Ms. White.

@CameronOAustin: Preliminary hearings for both parents will be on August 12, 1:30 in Pulaski JDR court. #NoahThomas

I couldn't imagine being an attorney wanting to defend these sickos. JMO

I am going to step away from here now. The parents were criticized for not speaking out, and now that any words have been uttered they are being jumped on. One post says "saddest" the next says "worst" so we still don't know what she actually said. Who can say they deeply consider every single word that comes out of their mouth at all times? Shes probably exhausted, possibly going through withdrawal, and stressed about being in jail. Not to mention she has just lost her kids, one buried.

What she has done is horrendous, and if convicted I hope she gets the maximum time without parole. And I hope she is never allowed any say in the 6 month olds life again, but she is still a human, she still has feelings and she is entitled to them, no matter what anyone thinks. Maybe I have too much empathy, maybe I should become a defense lawyer, who knows, but I cannot feel hatred in my heart towards another human being.

I think we'll know the answers to this question very soon - of how he got into the tank - so there's probably not much value in musing about it but I'm still stuck thinking this through.

If she killed him accidentally or on purpose and had to dispose of his remains, that's not a bright place AT ALL to put him. Right there, anyone could see her doing it (although apparently no one did in fact witness how he got in the tank). Once he's in there there's no way to get him back out again. He will now be in there until someone drains the tank, which won't be long. Either during the search for him or months down the road when the bank is serviced.

Since she had a car why in the world would she hide him there - where the act of putting him in there was a public event, and she couldn't then access him to remove him and it's just a matter of waiting not all that long until he will surely be discovered?

I know people hide remains in their homes sometimes but usually those people don't have a good way to get the remains off the property, or in the case of very small children never report them missing.

I have thought this same thing. Why in the world put him in a place that he could so easily be found? Maybe they thought it would seem as if he fell in, but tests should be able to tell if he was alive when put in there. Correct?

I have NEVER heard the mother of a deceased child say she was "sad". Devastated, destroyed, broken but never sad. I'm sad when my dogs destroy my favorite bag but my children mean far more to me.

More about her! Has her children even crossed her mind? Does she care that Noah is dead and that Baby A has lost everything that is familiar to her? Are they acceptable topics at dinner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She reminds me a little bit of baby Elaina's poor excuse of a mother Angela Steinfurth. Its all about her not her children. Sickening!

This is the kind of thing mothers say when they miscarry, or their child dies. This is the saddest thing that's ever happened to me. I don't see why that's an odd thing to say.

Probably because the whole time her child was missing/dead, she didn't have anything to say. Now she wants to make statements??

Are we really still debating on whether or not anything this abusive mother did was okay and explainable? Because I'm confused.

IIRC PRT brother said something like 'no one can hurt Noah anymore. Someone put him in the septic and they will pay for this'

Probably because the whole time her child was missing/dead, she didn't have anything to say. Now she wants to make statements??

Are we really still debating on whether or not anything this abusive mother did was okay and explainable? Because I'm confused.

It's funny how quickly she found her voice once it was about protecting herself, isn't it?

I am going to step away from here now. The parents were criticized for not speaking out, and now that any words have been uttered they are being jumped on. One post says "saddest" the next says "worst" so we still don't know what she actually said. Who can say they deeply consider every single word that comes out of their mouth at all times? Shes probably exhausted, possibly going through withdrawal, and stressed about being in jail. Not to mention she has just lost her kids, one buried.

What she has done is horrendous, and if convicted I hope she gets the maximum time without parole. And I hope she is never allowed any say in the 6 month olds life again, but she is still a human, she still has feelings and she is entitled to them, no matter what anyone thinks. Maybe I have too much empathy, maybe I should become a defense lawyer, who knows, but I cannot feel hatred in my heart towards another human being.

I don't know this family. I agree with you, strawb.. I am not sure there was a deliberate act of abuse, rather a gross negligence that led to Noah doing something that caused his death. Could be something left out (gun, drugs, etc) that he could have gotten into. Once he was indeed dead, it's possible they panicked and disposed of him. I'm sure they weren't thinking clearly.... That being said, I don't believe they take satisfaction in his death. As for hating them, I just can't do it. I do believe this is the worst thing, the saddest thing, the (insert word here) thing that has ever happened and due to poor decisions, many lives are changed, one is ended and a baby's life is disrupted. Whatever happened, Noah payed the ultimate price. For that, I'm sad, angry, etc.. but hateful, can't do it.

http://m.roanoke.com/news/crime/pul...c88-fd81-5c66-b2fb-ed81f8451313.html?mode=jqm

Appearing from the New River Valley Regional Jail, the couple listened as Judge Bradley Dalton of the Wytheville Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court read their charges. Pulaski County court was not in session on Friday, and Dalton said they have a policy to step in and help arraign people from surrounding areas.

Dalton alerted White and Thomas that several members of the media were present in the room for the hearing - and both objected.

“This is the saddest thing that’s ever happened to me in my life,” White said. “I don’t feel people should be able to enjoy it over dinner.”

Said Thomas: “I don’t want my life to be their news story.”

Dalton overruled both objections, allowing the media to remain in the room. In Virginia, adult proceeding in juvenile and domestic relation courts are public.

When asked if the court needed to appoint an attorney, White replied that she was under the impression Jimmy Turk, a Radford-based lawyer, was “already helping” her.

“I’m not aware of that,” Dalton replied. He proceeded to give her a temporary waiver to contact legal guidance, with the possibility of having a court appointed attorney available at a later date for her. Messages left for Turk were not immediately returned on Friday.

Thomas told the judge that he had already hired an attorney. It was unclear Friday who that lawyer is.

Thomas also asked during the arraignment if he could receive bond. But Dalton replied that he “can’t get one today,” and that will have to be scheduled with Pulaski County.

Both parents will have a preliminary hearing on Aug. 12 at 1:30 p.m. in Pulaski County Juvenile and Domestic Relations court.

No one did anything to her. She is where she is and going through whatever makes her sad etc due to her own actions. Felony child abuse and neglect of a defenseless 5 year old and little baby. Jmo

I don't know this family. I agree with you, strawb.. I am not sure there was a deliberate act of abuse, rather a gross negligence that led to Noah doing something that caused his death. Could be something left out (gun, drugs, etc) that he could have gotten into. Once he was indeed dead, it's possible they panicked and disposed of him. I'm sure they weren't thinking clearly.... That being said, I don't believe they take satisfaction in his death. As for hating them, I just can't do it. I do believe this is the worst thing, the saddest thing, the (insert word here) thing that has ever happened and due to poor decisions, many lives are changed, one is ended and a baby's life is disrupted. Whatever happened, Noah payed the ultimate price. For that, I'm sad, angry, etc.. but hateful, can't do it.

I partly agree too... I don't hate them. I'm furious. But I won't excuse anything they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member