Millard Properties: Locations and Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but as I recall the Harley was allegedly stolen in October and discovered the following May. Some chop shop! LOL. MOO One could only wish that Toronto LE had developed a similar tracking program to seek out missing persons, such as LB and others, that was used to successfuly find Marty's bike and trailer. (I wonder why they didn't chop the trailer.)

Do you have a link saying MM's HD was stole in October? I can only find articles says last fall(2012). I believe LE did develop a similar tracking program to find LB, WM and TB's murderer......DM. DM lead them to MM's HD and trailer. The day of DM's arrest when LE showed up at the hangar to speak with him, I wonder what they saw during their visit which set off there hinky meters even more so?

Some other interesting tidbits in articles. All MOO.

MM didn't really believe he would ever see his 2010 Harley Davidson again after it was stolen from his downtown home last fall.

The bike and trailer were taken from his back driveway in downtown Toronto in broad daylight last fall and witnesses reported seeing perhaps two men in a black truck back in and take it away.

He managed to secure some surveillance video which he turned over to Toronto Police. "Perhaps that tape will have some good information on it for the current investigation,"

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/30/stolen-harley-found-on-property-of-accused-tim-bosma-killer

“We’re still investigating, trying to find owners,” said Staff Sergeant Matt Kavanagh, who put the number of vehicles at “way less than 10.”

Deepak Paradkar, Mr. Millard’s lawyer, criticized the police for releasing the information, saying it “taints” his client. “I would expect due process to take place. Gather the information and try it in court, rather than trying it in the court of public opinion,” he said.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-by-suspect-in-bosma-slaying/article12258800/

A number of stolen vehicles have been recovered from Dellen Millard’s hangar, Hamilton police have confirmed.

Millard’s lawyer, Deepak Paradkar, was surprised to hear police discussing the vehicles.
“I would have thought that if they’re trying to build a case they would have kept everything as evidence,” said Paradkar. “Crown counsel hasn’t told me about any additional charges.”

Hamilton police wouldn’t get into details of the number and nature of the vehicles. They are still trying to find their owners, but said there are fewer than 10.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...d_from_dellen_millards_hangar_police_say.html

True, but the goal is quick turnaround. The bike should have been taken apart and moved out within hours, not months.

Well a quarter of MM's HD parts were missing, so where did they go? I assume DM couldn't find takers/buyers on the rest of the parts but may have in time. That's like comparing auto wreckers to DM's alleged chop shop. Both hope in time to sell off parts, but some vehicles sit around for many years before they are disposed of as scrap metal. Why would either dispose of money making parts so quickly? MOO.

Do you have a link saying MM's HD was stole in October? I can only find articles says last fall(2012). I believe LE did develop a similar tracking program to find LB, WM and TB's murderer......DM. DM lead them to MM's HD and trailer. The day of DM's arrest when LE showed up at the hangar to speak with him, I wonder what they saw during their visit which set off there hinky meters even more so?

Some other interesting tidbits in articles. All MOO.

MM didn't really believe he would ever see his 2010 Harley Davidson again after it was stolen from his downtown home last fall.

The bike and trailer were taken from his back driveway in downtown Toronto in broad daylight last fall and witnesses reported seeing perhaps two men in a black truck back in and take it away.

He managed to secure some surveillance video which he turned over to Toronto Police. "Perhaps that tape will have some good information on it for the current investigation,"

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/30/stolen-harley-found-on-property-of-accused-tim-bosma-killer

“We’re still investigating, trying to find owners,” said Staff Sergeant Matt Kavanagh, who put the number of vehicles at “way less than 10.”

Deepak Paradkar, Mr. Millard’s lawyer, criticized the police for releasing the information, saying it “taints” his client. “I would expect due process to take place. Gather the information and try it in court, rather than trying it in the court of public opinion,” he said.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-by-suspect-in-bosma-slaying/article12258800/

A number of stolen vehicles have been recovered from Dellen Millard’s hangar, Hamilton police have confirmed.

Millard’s lawyer, Deepak Paradkar, was surprised to hear police discussing the vehicles.
“I would have thought that if they’re trying to build a case they would have kept everything as evidence,” said Paradkar. “Crown counsel hasn’t told me about any additional charges.”

Hamilton police wouldn’t get into details of the number and nature of the vehicles. They are still trying to find their owners, but said there are fewer than 10.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...d_from_dellen_millards_hangar_police_say.html

Re the Oct theft date, apparently it was included in a Sun story http://(http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2013/05/20130530-065940.html
and referenced by Bessie in the Media, Documents thread. Unfortunately the link has gone bye bye but the intro paragraph lives on..."Marty MacDougall had his custom motorcycle stolen back in Oct. Guess where it was found? Dellen Millard's air plane hangar in Kitchener. " HTH

Actually, to clarify further, sort of, thanks to Wayback http://web.archive.org/web/20130530...ghttalk/archives/2013/05/20130530-065940.html we learn that the May 30 Warmington article as published via sunnewsnetwork.ca included the phrase above in its cover lead in, while the same article as presented on the Sun site leaves out the lead and just mentions "Fall" in the body of the article, as you've quoted, without specifying "October".

Let's see. MM puts his bike up for sale online and somehow it gets stolen from his home, trailer and all. And it's found in pieces inside a millionaire's airplane hangar with all identifying serial numbers ground off except for the one that MM wisely put on himself in an odd place. So why didn't the millionaire just buy the bike and trailer? :dunno:

Fast forward to TB putting his truck for sale online and the same millionaire showed up to take it for a test drive but once again the truck was stolen, put in a trailer that was likely stored in the hangar and the owner in this instance wound up murdered. No idea what the plan was for the truck. Again, why didn't the millionaire just buy the truck? :dunno:

I see a pattern. And a bored psychopath with deviant sycophant friends. Bring on the trial(s).

MOO

BBM - Yes we have, at least a few times. And yes it is interesting to note reports in the MSM are still suggesting STOLEN property found within the hangar. Guess we will have to wait until trial to find out for certain what LE found, claiming to be stolen vehicles/parts. Ironic MM had his HD listed on Kijiji just as TB had done with his truck. Both vehicles found on properties with connection to DM. MOO.

I honestly don't believe anyone is debating on the number of vehicles, just the point there were STOLEN vehicles and/or parts. To suggest there had only been stolen parts and/or under ten vehicles, the accused should be excused? Or is it to make a mockery out of LE for stating what they found or the way the press reported it? I'm just not sure what the point here is. Again IMO one stolen vehicle is one too many. The two vehicles (HD and trailer) could have been sitting in the hangar since the fall of 2012, right around the time WM died. I have to wonder if WM knew what was going on in the hangar and voiced his concern. JMO.

Hamilton police confirmed Thursday they're investigating multiple stolen vehicles and parts found inside the massive Breslau hangar.
o
One of the vehicles was a $35,000 Harley Davidson motorcycle advertised on Kijiji last fall. The bike was MM's and it sat inside his trailer when both were stolen from the driveway behind his home...

Bosma had also advertised his truck for sale online, including on Kijiji.

"I can confirm that the motorcycle written about was recovered in the hangar by the Hamilton police. There were a number of vehicles and/or parts found in the hangar and this remains under investigation," Constable Debbie McGreal-Dinning said in an email.

Police say they're still trying to track down owners of the discovered vehicles, putting the number found at fewer than 10.

The description of vehicles dismantled, repainted and having serial numbers ground away fits with a "typical chop shop," said Waterloo Regional Police Inspector Kevin Thaler.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3250204-murder-suspect-s-waterloo-hangar-set-up-as-chop-shop-/

There seems to be some creative writing in that article. It says LE confirmed multiple stolen vehicles and parts were found, when the actual quote (also provided) was simply "a number of vehicles and/or parts" were found and under investigation (not a number of stolen vehicles and/or parts).

I wonder which description KT was going by when he made the chop shop statement.

JMO

Let's see. MM puts his bike up for sale online and somehow it gets stolen from his home, trailer and all. And it's found in pieces inside a millionaire's airplane hangar with all identifying serial numbers ground off except for the one that MM wisely put on himself in an odd place. So why didn't the millionaire just buy the bike and trailer? :dunno:

Fast forward to TB putting his truck for sale online and the same millionaire showed up to take it for a test drive but once again the truck was stolen, put in a trailer that was likely stored in the hangar and the owner in this instance wound up murdered. No idea what the plan was for the truck. Again, why didn't the millionaire just buy the truck? :dunno:

I see a pattern. And a bored psychopath with deviant sycophant friends. Bring on the trial(s).

MOO

Nice to see you Kamille! I see a pattern too: buy something with cash, steal something expensive. JMO

Well a quarter of MM's HD parts were missing, so where did they go? I assume DM couldn't find takers/buyers on the rest of the parts but may have in time. That's like comparing auto wreckers to DM's alleged chop shop. Both hope in time to sell off parts, but some vehicles sit around for many years before they are disposed of as scrap metal. Why would either dispose of money making parts so quickly? MOO.

I'm not sure where this comparison comes from. The purpose of a chop shop is to take it apart and get rid of it quickly, better not to get caught that way. The auto wreckers have no reason to be in a hurry since their business is legal and they're not dealing in stolen parts.

JMO

MOO

I see a pattern of tunnel vision. If people keep focusing on the millionaire they will miss anything, everything and anyone and everyone around him or in his direct or even indirect circle.

Who says the millionaire knew about the Harley?
Who says the millionaire was interested in a Harley?
Who says the millionaire wanted to buy a truck?
Who says the millionaire confined TB or wanted him dead?

Murders don't get solved by staying focused on one possibility. JMO

:findinglink:

I see a pattern of tunnel vision. If people keep focusing on the millionaire they will miss anything, everything and anyone and everyone around him or in his direct or even indirect circle.

Who says the millionaire knew about the Harley?
Who says the millionaire was interested in a Harley?
Who says the millionaire wanted to buy a truck?
Who says the millionaire confined TB or wanted him dead?

Murders don't get solved by staying focused on one possibility. JMO

:findinglink:

I don't deal in what ifs and <modsnip> hypotheticals. The charges say all I need to know about this particular millionaire right now. The trial will decide if there's meat to the argument.

MOO

Re the Oct theft date, apparently it was included in a Sun story http://(http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2013/05/20130530-065940.html
and referenced by Bessie in the Media, Documents thread. Unfortunately the link has gone bye bye but the intro paragraph lives on..."Marty MacDougall had his custom motorcycle stolen back in Oct. Guess where it was found? Dellen Millard's air plane hangar in Kitchener. " HTH

Actually, to clarify further, sort of, thanks to Wayback http://web.archive.org/web/20130530...ghttalk/archives/2013/05/20130530-065940.html we learn that the May 30 Warmington article as published via sunnewsnetwork.ca included the phrase above in its cover lead in, while the same article as presented on the Sun site leaves out the lead and just mentions "Fall" in the body of the article, as you've quoted, without specifying "October".

Perhaps the author edited the article because he remembered his earlier story, but didn't want to take the time to check the dates. It would seem the theft happened on November 21, 2012.

&#8220;It was in the area of King St. E. and Parliament St. on Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2012 at 12 noon,&#8221; said Marty. &#8220;A truck was seen backing down the driveway and hooking up to my cargo trailer and taking it away.&#8221;

Lucky for Marty it happened just steps from 51 Division and he headed right there for help. He made the report and has been waiting for a call from them ever since.

&#8220;I have been waiting for almost three months to see if the police looked at the video surveillance from the furniture store across the street,&#8221; said Marty. &#8220;I haven&#8217;t heard from the police since it happened.&#8221;

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/02/08/more-to-snowstorm-than-traffic-chaos

Has anyone looked at the Google street view of MM's "back driveway"? It's not at all what I had pictured.

JMO

The later article specifies that the truck that stole the Harley was black and that at least two men were involved in the theft.

Was it ever confirmed in MSM that the two men in the black truck who stole the Harley were DM and MS? Why were no charges laid against them? And conversely, if the two men were not DM and MS, would the public be made aware if someone else had been charged?

JMO

Perhaps the author edited the article because he remembered his earlier story, but didn't want to take the time to check the dates. It would seem the theft happened on November 21, 2012.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/02/08/more-to-snowstorm-than-traffic-chaos

Has anyone looked at the Google street view of MM's "back driveway"? It's not at all what I had pictured.

JMO

Thanks. That seems probable - I doubt he wrote that lead anyway. So Nov 21 to May something - shall we say about six months? Yes, I googled the back alley months ago and, like you, found it more than a wee bit odd that visitors bent on mayhem drove all the way in from Miss/coke and spontaneously found themselves there one bright afternoon. By the way, let's say for the sake of argument that you did find yourself in Marty's alley and you really did plan to steal a motorbike, what on earth would possess you to think that the bike was inside the trailer? Let's take the question a bit further. Let's assume that, indeed, using your puter skills etc, you were able to trace the possible location of a bike advertised online to Marty's place. Then the ad was pulled. Why wouldn't you think the cycle was sold? So, although it's getting a bit more difficult to suspend disbelief, let's pretend that you decided to cruise into the back alley at Marty's residence/business place anyway, in the off chance his cycle hadn't been sold and so might still be available to be stolen. But all that's there is a trailer. Is it unlocked? Is somebody going to check to see if the cycle is inside and if, indeed, it's actually worth stealing and therefore worth the effort (and possible jail time)? This alley has many apartments overtop the marginal businesses downstairs. Do we just bank on nobody looking out the window while we mess about in the lane below? Well, I guess so. MOO. IMHO.

Of course, apropos of nothing, it might be worth noting in passing that the Hamilton area is the nation's vehicle theft champion record holder, an unenviable achievement it has held for years. For the latest, just google Hamilton vehicle theft 2014. Looks like recklessness goes with the trade in those parts. By way of illustration I like http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5471554-hamilton-police-recover-stolen-trucks-valued-at-850-000/

Someone also mentioned earlier a question about where motorcycle parts could be promptly sold in the area. Oh my goodness, I'd be willing to bet (IMO) there are more riders in the Hamilton, Brantford, Kitch, St Cats, Niagara region than anywhere else in the country and positively oodles of motorcycle repair and parts outlets. (Again, google is our friend.) LOL IMO. MOO. I very well could be wrong in imagining that in looking for the special, exquisite, no-longer-manufactured mechanical widget for their customized revved up baby, cyclists don't care much if there is or is not a registration number anywhere onboard.

I don't deal in what ifs and <modsnip> hypotheticals. The charges say all I need to know about this particular millionaire right now. The trial will decide if there's meat to the argument.

MOO

I suppose the charges said all that was needed for Truscott, Morin et al too eh?

<modsnip>

Trials usually bring a lot to the table to be sure... and often a lot gets thrown out with the trash. IMO

Thanks. That seems probable - I doubt he wrote that lead anyway. So Nov 21 to May something - shall we say about six months? Yes, I googled the back alley months ago and, like you, found it more than a wee bit odd that visitors bent on mayhem drove all the way in from Miss/coke and spontaneously found themselves there one bright afternoon.

<rsbm> I remember MM's place as being on a direct route between one of DM's condos and the nearest LCBO & Beer Stores. I.e., if he had ever had a party at that condo he had likely driven that route.

I'm not sure where this comparison comes from. The purpose of a chop shop is to take it apart and get rid of it quickly, better not to get caught that way. The auto wreckers have no reason to be in a hurry since their business is legal and they're not dealing in stolen parts.

JMO

Chops shops hope to get rid of their stolen goods quickly, but when that doesn't happen, they don't throw away what they have acquired because there is still money to be made. Auto wreckers also hope to get rid of parts quickly...no? The only differences are one is legal and one is not, and secrecy. How do you suggest then LE come upon so many chop shops which have been operating for years and have a large stock pile of stolen property/vehicles/parts? There are numerous articles regarding busted chop shops, here's a couple. MOO.

Interesting to note in the second article, the charges faced by the accused...theft over or same thing, possession of stolen property over $5000. All MOO.

Fifty-seven Mercedes-Benzes, Porsches, BMWs, other high-end cars, and countless car parts valued at more than $5 million were seized from a Niagara-on-the-Lake chop shop where police say smashed-up vehicles from the United States and stolen cars from around the Golden Horseshoe were being melded together and given new ID numbers for sale and big profits.

It's the type of bust that investigators said comes around only once every five years, and is rare both in scope and in the quality of property seized.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2143252-cops-bust-5-million-chop-shop/

Police in southern Ontario have arrested six men and laid more than 500 charges in connection to a massive chop shop and insurance fraud racket operating out of Toronto and the Niagara Region.
Five Toronto men and one from the Niagara Region were charged in connection to the theft of 100 stolen vehicles,

Auto theft costs Canadians an estimated $1 billion every year, according to the Insurance Bureau of Canada. An average of 420 vehicles is stolen across the country every day.

On Wednesday, Tsigirlash was charged with more offences, including 10 counts of possession of stolen property over $5,000, three counts of fraud over $5,000 and breach of recognizance.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-bust-massive-auto-chop-shop-fraud-ring-1.769480

<rsbm> I remember MM's place as being on a direct route between one of DM's condos and the nearest LCBO & Beer Stores. I.e., if he had ever had a party at that condo he had likely driven that route.

I expect anyone at the parties may have driven that route JMO

I believe the LCBO is on Front Street. Going from the condo, DM would have had to miss his corner to go past MM's on the way there. But, yes, it is pretty close to both. I'm sure thousands of people drive past both locations on any given day.

JMO

Interesting to note in the second article, the charges faced by the accused...theft over or same thing, possession of stolen property over $5000. All MOO.

rsbm

Not really. If you buy stolen property, whether you know it's stolen or not, it doesn't mean you stole it. You're just in possession of it. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member