Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it said the email was written "from the school", but I wondered if it was actually just written from her email account, which might have been accessed outside of the school?
There's a good chance her work email was hooked up to her smartphone; all teachers I know email parents during holidays and over the weekend if they have reason to using their det.nsw.edu.au addresses and they're not (always) at school when they do it.

Although police have yet to find the body of Leeton teacher Stephanie Clare Scott, they will allege she was killed on Easter Sunday.

Police will allege that Ms Scott, 26, was killed between 11am and 7.20pm on April 5 by a cleaner at Leeton High School, Vincent Stanford, 24.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/school-cleaner-charged-with-murder-of-stephanie-scott-in-leeton-20150409-1mh3p7.html?stb=twt

It would be interesting to know why they have specified the time of 7:20 pm as well.

Maybe that was the time the photo was taken. Proof of death.

The school will resume on 19th April from Easter holiday break.

Of all the sad crimes I have followed with Websleuths over the years this would have to be the most gut wrenching.

I'm truly saddened for Stephanie's family and mostly those children who knew and loved her.

Well, it said the email was written "from the school", but I wondered if it was actually just written from her email account, which might have been accessed outside of the school?
There's a good chance her work email was hooked up to her smartphone; all teachers I know email parents during holidays and over the weekend if they have reason to using their det.nsw.edu.au addresses and they're not (always) at school when they do it.

True. Principals can check very easily to see if teachers have accessed their portal so it won't be hard to clarify this one. Each department computer also sends a log to the principal and school administrator detailing internet times and activities.

The school will resume on 19th April from Easter holiday break.

Of all the sad crimes I have followed with Websleuths over the years this would have to be the most gut wrenching.

I'm truly saddened for Stephanie's family and mostly those children who knew and loved her.

Monday 20th is a staff development day, students go back on Tuesday 21st.

I'm really sad for her students as well :(.

Police will allege that Ms Scott, 26, was killed between 11am and 7.20pm on April 5 by a cleaner at Leeton High School, Vincent Stanford, 24.

She said that, at 12.59pm on Easter Sunday, her sister sent an email to the bus company that was due to take wedding guests to the reception venue on Saturday. In the email, Ms Scott confirmed she had paid the final deposit into the bus company's bank account.

That was Ms Scott's last known action.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/school-cl...-scott-in-leeton-20150409-1mh3p7.html?stb=twt

:waitasec: :dunno:

last seen at 11am on Sunday by a colleague

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-man-over-murder/story-fni0cx12-1227296382068

makes sense to me now

Neighbour Olive Scanlan described Stanford as a 'big strong fellow with dark, black eyes' but also a beautifully mannered and polite young man who wanted to get ahead in life.

Stanford has been living in Leeton with his mother and older brother for about a year.

'Vincent is a big strong fellow with dark black eyes, almost fully bald and he sometimes wears a black beard,' Mrs Scanland said.

'He is beautifully mannered, very polite. He was a professional cleaner in Holland and has all his certificates and papers and seems very good at his job.

'He works at two or three schools and was hoping to get a full-time job.'

Mrs Scanlan said neither of the boys drank alcohol and that Vincent had been looking after the house recently while his mother had been away and his brother had been studying at TAFE.

'Vincent said he was flat out doing the washing and everything around the house.

'This must be devastating for [Stephanie Scott's] family but we couldn't believe it. We found him a very pleasant young fellow.'

Her husband Bill Scanlan said the family moved next door about 12 months ago after returning to Australia from their native Holland.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3031071/Police-arrest-man-relation-disappearance-bride-Stephanie-Scott-marry-fiance-five-years-Saturday.html

I really feel for the relief teacher that was to be taking her classes..........whilst on her honeymoon :(

Also, my mind is spinning. I know police have made an arrest but as people are saying here - was there more than one person involved? I'm thinking why would someone take a horrendous photo - was he framed? I mean, involved but the real killer wanted to implicate him?
It's not that unusual for a killer to photograph their victim. Horrendous as it is, it's like a trophy. There are so many examples of this same behavior in murderers through history.

Oddsocks I do understand,
but there is something that just resonates in those comments, that if one Truly loves somebody one would normally try every search-option and avenue there is to find out .
Also note that those comments were placed when they were still in the belief that she is alive and just a missing person. So that person "coincidally" by the name Aaron must have commented to be against using Psychics search methods.
It is a well-known fact that even the police some time use Psychics as assistance.
So even though a man has been arrested and charged, this poor fiance is still being doubted? "Aaron" is not an unusual name.

Neighbour Olive Scanlan described Stanford as a 'big strong fellow with dark, black eyes' but also a beautifully mannered and polite young man who wanted to get ahead in life.

Stanford has been living in Leeton with his mother and older brother for about a year.

'Vincent is a big strong fellow with dark black eyes, almost fully bald and he sometimes wears a black beard,' Mrs Scanland said.

'He is beautifully mannered, very polite. He was a professional cleaner in Holland and has all his certificates and papers and seems very good at his job.

'He works at two or three schools and was hoping to get a full-time job.'

Mrs Scanlan said neither of the boys drank alcohol and that Vincent had been looking after the house recently while his mother had been away and his brother had been studying at TAFE.

'Vincent said he was flat out doing the washing and everything around the house.

'This must be devastating for [Stephanie Scott's] family but we couldn't believe it. We found him a very pleasant young fellow.'

Her husband Bill Scanlan said the family moved next door about 12 months ago after returning to Australia from their native Holland.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-Scott-marry-fiance-five-years-Saturday.html

So intriguing that there are no photos on social media or anywhere about this guy. Did this guy have any friends?

The description of him definitely means it wasn't the guy in the video letting the police into the school.

I think the same catswhiskers. He could have flagged her down & she would have stopped since she would have thought it had something to do with school. Is the spot where the car was found on her way home?

It's not an odd spot at all, and I was going to search out that way this saturday. The attack clearly happened at the school. The cleaner was probably working there on sunday, because school term had just finished, often these cleaners/IT people work in the school 'holidays' because it's the only time they can do certain things. This guy clearly saw an opportunity and took it. He obviously had to dump the car fairly close to home, because you would assume he is working alone and so needed it to be close enough to walk back to his car within a reasonable time. Where he dumped it isn't that far out of town, he could have walked back to town within 45 mins to an hour at most.

I've been waiting for my account to finally get verified.. I never suspected the husband and I wanted to disagree with those saying he was suspect or "Hinky" whatever the hell that is. The first time I saw Baden clay interviewed I knew he was so obviously guilty, but I never got that feeling with Stephanies Fiancee. He was a little akward in the interview, I mean who the hell wouldn't be. If you've ever spoken to a camera it's very strange, and especially under such duress.

I really hope this *advertiser censored* confesses and doesn't drag out the court case and cause any more grief for the family and just tells them where her remains are. He's had a lot of time to hide her body now since police took a few days to arrest him. There are two national parks around leeton with a ton of remote bushland in which to hide her. Hopefully the phone will reveal her whereabouts.

This has really shocked the town, please be mindful of what you write about the family, it's bad enough the media will be hounding them. It's one thing to lose some you love in such a horrific way, but to then have it dragged through the media for months, that's just throwing salt on the wound.

PS. Why is the bride to be's name Stephanie Scott in MSM news, but on her FB it Stephanie Clare https://www.facebook.com/steph.scott.758 ?

Had she been married before, hence the 2 different Surnames? Is the cleaner perhaps an "old flame" or "Ex-husband"?

It's probably her middle name. Many people don't use their full name on Facebook for anonymity. I think you're looking for dirt to dig that just isn't there.

I really feel for the relief teacher that was to be taking her classes..........whilst on her honeymoon :(

I know someone who was that person - the casual teacher who had to take over after the tragic death of a teacher. To say it was difficult would be an understatement.

I also really feel for her colleagues. You don't work with someone closely, as teachers do, without forming a real bond. Especially since the new Australian curriculum is in full swing - it has taken a LOT of inservicing and PD to get it off the ground. As an English teacher she would have given up many weekends to work with colleagues.

I wonder if he has an iPhone? A friend pointed out that iPhones store the exact time and place photos are taken...

I believe that this depends on whether the iPhone has Location Services enabled, and whether or not it is enabled for the Camera App. The fact that the suspect has been picked up so quickly shows that he was not a particularly careful criminal, so I'm expecting there will be a strong trail of evidence, much of which has likely already been found (given that the Police have said they expect to charge him with Murder).

A few have commented on background checks. As a senior doctor (Emergency and Paediatric Emergency), my wife has had more than her fair share of background checks (literally dozens), which obviously always come back clear as she is an upstanding citizen. But one has to ask oneself what one would have to do to come back as anything other than clear. Unless a person has a criminal record in Australia or in a recently inhabited country, then the check counts for little. People commit crime all the time and simply don't get caught. In fact, I'd argue that far more crimes are committed than anyone is ever charged with, particularly those on the less severe end of the scale - which the criminal justice system can't be bothered with (but which may be indicative of a tendency towards criminality). The criminals who get caught are usually the stupid ones or the ones who acted on the spur of the moment (obviously sex crimes can often fall into this category).

Fortunately, only a small percentage of people appear to make the leap from smaller crimes to major sexual offences, murder and so on. Predicting who will commit these kinds of crimes is difficult until they have already done something fairly significant at least once, and if they did it as a child/teen, this information tends to be privileged. Mind you, the criminal justice system favours giving repeat offenders the benefit of the doubt, as the Jill Meagher case shows, so as a society we do a fairly poor job of containing bad apples, even when we have identified them beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong