Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my computer at school, I have the microsoft outlook client. Outside of school, I use webmail. I wonder if you can tell the difference in whether the email comes from the full outlook or webmail? Not all teachers use the outlook client- only teachers who have a dedicated computer at their school, or a laptop where they have set that up.

For one thing, the IP address will be part of the email headers. They'll know where she was connected to the internet when that email was sent - if it's from the school's network, the IP address will correspond, and if it was from mobile data or her home Wi-Fi connection then they'll know that.

On my computer at school, I have the microsoft outlook client. Outside of school, I use webmail. I wonder if you can tell the difference in whether the email comes from the full outlook or webmail? Not all teachers use the outlook client- only teachers who have a dedicated computer at their school, or a laptop where they have set that up.

yes the email headers will show what client the email was sent from

Thanks for that info Mel 1303. Something has to be up with that email, if the report that they're looking at a timeline of between 11am and 7.20pm for her murder.

maybe because Stephanie was last seen at 11am? VS alibi may cover him from 7:20pm? :dunno:

Ms Scott, a popular english and drama teacher at Leeton High School in the state’s southwest, was last seen at 11am on Sunday by a colleague as she finished lesson plans to be used while she was on her honeymoon in Tahiti.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-man-over-murder/story-fni0cx12-1227296382068

the neighbours said he started cleaning the yard----where was he taking the rubbish??
Did they have an incinerator out the back?

Neighbours say the 24-year-old has an identical twin brother who lives in Adelaide and another older brother who lived at the family home with him and his mother.
It is understood Mr Stanford’s mother was home when police arrived to question him yesterday afternoon.
The police were there with tape all around the place. We just heard it was a 24-year-old Leeton man and we put two and two together.
After moving to Leeton, Vincent and his older brother tried for months to secure work.
“When he stated cleaning up the yard I told him it looked great, this was only a week ago. It’s hard to come to terms with it.”

A young family with four young children also live next door to Mr Stanford and took the children to stay with relatives this morning.

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/vi...-scott-in-leeton/story-fnii5s41-1227296902471

Just hoping the guy who did this to Stephanie gets put away for a long time - the parallels to the Jill Meagher case are scary. That guy that killed Jill was a stalking predator and so many women were affected by his crimes. I hope they don't give this guy an chance to re-offend.

maybe because Stephanie was last seen at 11am? VS alibi may cover him from 7:20pm? :dunno:

Ms Scott, a popular english and drama teacher at Leeton High School in the state’s southwest, was last seen at 11am on Sunday by a colleague as she finished lesson plans to be used while she was on her honeymoon in Tahiti.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-man-over-murder/story-fni0cx12-1227296382068

That makes sense. It just leaves why they're not taking the time of the email sent at 12.59pm as proof she was still alive until at least 1pm. Which is why I was wondering if he sent it? As like a cover, or something? Does that even fit with his pattern of behaviour?
Of course, emails can be weird and get delayed. Could just be that.

It's not an odd spot at all, and I was going to search out that way this saturday. The attack clearly happened at the school. The cleaner was probably working there on sunday, because school term had just finished, often these cleaners/IT people work in the school 'holidays' because it's the only time they can do certain things. This guy clearly saw an opportunity and took it. He obviously had to dump the car fairly close to home, because you would assume he is working alone and so needed it to be close enough to walk back to his car within a reasonable time. Where he dumped it isn't that far out of town, he could have walked back to town within 45 mins to an hour at most.

I've been waiting for my account to finally get verified.. I never suspected the husband and I wanted to disagree with those saying he was suspect or "Hinky" whatever the hell that is. The first time I saw Baden clay interviewed I knew he was so obviously guilty, but I never got that feeling with Stephanies Fiancee. He was a little akward in the interview, I mean who the hell wouldn't be. If you've ever spoken to a camera it's very strange, and especially under such duress.

I really hope this *advertiser censored* confesses and doesn't drag out the court case and cause any more grief for the family and just tells them where her remains are. He's had a lot of time to hide her body now since police took a few days to arrest him. There are two national parks around leeton with a ton of remote bushland in which to hide her. Hopefully the phone will reveal her whereabouts.

This has really shocked the town, please be mindful of what you write about the family, it's bad enough the media will be hounding them. It's one thing to lose some you love in such a horrific way, but to then have it dragged through the media for months, that's just throwing salt on the wound.
Hey andyroo and welcome. I thought it was an odd spot in terms of being so open and exposed - thinking that there could be other out of the way places to leave a car and avoid detection for longer, like in bushland or water. It doesn't appear to have been hidden at all - we don't yet know if it was left there after an abduction and placed there later, or the actual scene of whatever dreadful event happened. Just tossing thoughts and ideas around anyway.
Another thought - dropping the car off and heading back to town on foot seems a risky move. Again - out in the open, and if passersby had seen VS on foot and then seen the car ... who knows, maybe that's what happened and how he was caught.

That makes sense. It just leaves why they're not taking the time of the email sent at 12.59pm as proof she was still alive until at least 1pm. Which is why I was wondering if he sent it? As like a cover, or something? Does that even fit with his pattern of behaviour?

Also that Aaron tried to contact her at 12 - some of it doesn't make sense :thinking:

I remember a cleaner at a university I used to study at. You could tell he had a rough life and the hours they have to work aren't the best. But in saying that, your profession and its relative social status doesnt correlate to how capable you are of being a murderer.

The most likely situation is that this is a crime of opportunity rather than any premeditation.

Also that Aaron tried to contact her at 12 - some of it doesn't make sense :thinking:

Aaron is clearly innocent.

People have to remember that country town police stations are not normally open 24 hours of the day. When she didnt meet him for dinner, he can hardly do too much until the police station opens up the next day.

Condolences SydneyBec.....and as for your thoughts on InspcGadget I agree with you totally.

This whole thing is incredibly sad and my heart goes out to her family but especially her fiance. It resonates particularly with me because I too am a high school teacher who married in school holiday time and honeymooned in Tahiti. Without offending cleaners, but because I tend to stay back after hours, I am also very wary of the people employed as cleaners unfortunately as some of them do give off a vibe one needs to be wary of. No way should he have been there on Easter Sunday. I do not care what anyone says, no cleaning company would expect someone to work at a school on Easter Sunday let alone pay them penalty rates.

I agree, no way would he be there cleaning on Easter Sunday - I suspect he was the person that was giving her keys or letting her in as he only lives a few minutes away from the school.

I would assume that the High School only had a couple of cleaners at the most, and keys would be available to him if there wasn't a supervisor to have the responsibility of opening and locking up.

Aaron is clearly innocent.

People have to remember that country town police stations are not normally open 24 hours of the day. When she didnt meet him for dinner, he can hardly do too much until the police station opens up the next day.

I was in no way accusing Aaron - it's the timeline that has been given between 11 and 7.20 - she sent the email at 12.59 but Aaron called at noon - why didn't she respond, was he holding her hostage and made her send the email @ 12.59. It just doesn't make sense to me.

So he was the "colleague" she met to get the keys?

So he knew she was there all alone.

Wonder when she made the arrangements to meet him there?

A close friend of mine was in the same football team with her and was a close friend . Complete and utter devastation in the community as this lady was an exceptional human being. I can only imagine what he did to her and how terrified she must have been...seriously hope he rots in hell

This probably has nothing to do with it, but daylight savings finished that night (Sunday).

This probably has nothing to do with it, but daylight savings finished that night (Sunday).

I think I've just hurt my head a little trying to work out if the end of daylight saving could have affected email time stamps :thinking: No idea - but it sounds possible at least.

Maybe, but it still puts things out by an hour. Police say between 11am and 7.20pm; email sent at (basically) 1pm. That's two hours after 11am, so it's still off a bit even taking daylight savings in to account. If it (the email) was set to AEDT instead of AEST it would be sent at 12pm? Is that right? I know what you mean catswhiskers the maths gets tricky! If it's the other way then it's even later in the time period police give~!

Most systems update automatically to daylight savings without human intervention, though interestingly of all the darn devices we have in this house, one of our apple products did not update when the others did. So it's possible.

I would guess that the police have just narrowed the timeframe to the last time she was seen alive, 11am. An email was sent after that, but no one saw her or spoke with her so they aren't willing to push it out further at this stage. Cautious and sensible to stick to the verified facts at this stage. Later they may determine beyond a reasonable doubt that she wrote and sent the email, but right now it's reasonable to say she was alive at 11am, and for whatever reason that she was not alive beyond 7:20pm.

Agreed that's how the police operate... but I can't help but simply be curious about the email.

I would guess that the police have just narrowed the timeframe to the last time she was seen alive, 11am. An email was sent after that, but no one saw her or spoke with her so they aren't willing to push it out further at this stage. Cautious and sensible to stick to the verified facts at this stage. Later they may determine beyond a reasonable doubt that she wrote and sent the email, but right now it's reasonable to say she was alive at 11am, and for whatever reason that she was not alive beyond 7:20pm.

I agree Walk a Mile. I was wondering why she didn't answer her fiance's call too and thought maybe the crime occurred at the school when she was in the middle of crafting the email. Maybe after the deed he actually sent her email? anything is possible. I'm sure the police are just being cautious. I'm more interested in the 7:20 pm as he absolutely MUST have an alibi. He obviously went out again the next day because he arrived home when the police were already at his Mum's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member