Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only good thing that I can say about Adrian Bayley is that he took police to Jill Meagher's body. Doesn't seem like VS is willing to do this.

A very strange case. Although, it should be said, this man has a presumption of innocence.

Obviously, the case will hinge on a forensic examination of the man's car and any other evidence.

Hard to understand a motive other than this was purely an opportunistic crime.

just re-read the smh article link i posted in my previous post. police are asking the public to let them know if they saw this white toyota hilux in the area and are telling us that, with it being a 'two wheel' drive, it might be easier to identify and/or recall.
i, for one, has got no idea what a two wheel drive is... i know what a four wheel drive car is, but these days it's not just jeeps and land rovers etc that are built like that. seriously doubt that i could tell whether i was looking at a two wheel or four wheel drive car just by seeing a car drive past. as for two wheel drives and toyota hiluxes, i'll be buggered if i could identify one even if i was hit by one!

Also from that SMH article: "Police are combing a nearby irrigation canal as accused 24-year-old Vincent Stanford is interviewed by police."

So maybe they think she's been put in the canal near where her car was found.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say this as I'm not a verified local, but my friend lives and works in the town, and she said tonight that several colleagues drive the road where the car was located to get to work, and they've sworn the car wasn't there Tuesday or Wednesday or they would've seen it. They've all been keeping eyes peeled for any clues.

This might be nothing....but maybe the car has been dumped there after the fact. Funny the chopper didn't see it the other day, either.

I mean, the road that runs along the end of the track where her car was, is where they drive.

Surely that is enough evidence? I mean, how would you explain having a photo of a burnt body on your camera, and blood in your car, if you hadn't been involved in the death and/or disposal of that person? I'm sure people have been charged with murder for far less evidence than that.

However, there will surely be other evidence too, circumstantial evidence of him being on site, and possibly cctv of that, seeing as it is a school. Other staff being present at the school and seeing him. Phone pings from both or either of the phones perhaps and maybe cctv of him driving her red car, or being a passenger in it.

You are right :/

Just heard on the news... another twist.... apparently stephanies keys to school found at vs home

Just heard on the news... another twist.... apparently stephanies keys to school found at vs home

If her keys to the school were found at his home, that means at some point he had to have swiped her keys. Was he the person she had to meet to let her in the school? If yes, the whole thing was a set up.

This is absolutely horrendous and my heart goes out to all Stephanie's family and friends.

What is society coming to these day's, no longer safe to be anywhere :(

If her keys to the school were found at his home, that means at some point he had to have swiped her keys. Was he the person she had to meet to let her in the school? If yes, the whole thing was a set up.
Just states key's in this article....could of been her house or car key's.

So IMO just because he had her key's doesn't mean it's a set up.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news...-of-a-burnt-body/story-fni0cx12-1227297895294

Oh just re-read that article and it say's key's given to Ms Scott...so was it VS that met her at the school to let her in...still doesn't mean a set up though

The only good thing that I can say about Adrian Bayley is that he took police to Jill Meagher's body. Doesn't seem like VS is willing to do this.

And it is so infuriating! I don't think VS has admitted a thing to the police, so he certainly wouldn't be telling them where Stephanie is. that he is! He's probably pleading his innocence to all and sundry. The forensics are going to prove otherwise. There is something to be said for capital punishment in cases like this!

And it is so infuriating! I don't think VS has admitted a thing to the police, so he certainly wouldn't be telling them where Stephanie is. that he is! He's probably pleading his innocence to all and sundry. The forensics are going to prove otherwise. There is something to be said for capital punishment in cases like this!

Let's be frank, anyone in his position shouldn't be speaking to police at all. As is his right.

I'd rather see good forensic work bring the killer to justice beyond responsible doubt.

The thing that is puzzling, is as of yet, there is no indication of a struggle at the school. If for example, the perpetrator attacked Ms Scott in her office, you'd think perhaps there would be evidence of blood that would show up even if the area was cleaned.

Still a lot of forensic investigation to go in this case to piece together what has actually happened.

Just a little info I hadn't seen before regarding the timeline of police activity - seems they responded quite quickly after all according to this article:
On Wednesday her family spoke of their frustration at the pace of the *investigation after her disappearance was reported to police on Monday evening, just days before she was due to marry Aaron Leeson-Woolley.
The Homicide Squad was alerted as soon as Ms Scott was reported missing, and on Tuesday Griffith local area command formed Strike Force Gundibri to investigate her disappearance.
Within 24 hours of the strike force being formed, Stanford had become a main suspect after he allegedly lied to police about where he was on Sunday when Ms Scott was at Leeton High School preparing lesson plans to be used while she was on honeymoon.
The Daily Telegraph, April 10

Let's be frank, anyone in his position shouldn't be speaking to police at all. As is his right.

I'd rather see good forensic work bring the killer to justice beyond responsible doubt.

The thing that is puzzling, is as of yet, there is no indication of a struggle at the school. If for example, the perpetrator attacked Ms Scott in her office, you'd think perhaps there would be evidence of blood that would show up even if the area was cleaned.

Still a lot of forensic investigation to go in this case to piece together what has actually happened.

Has it ever been mentioned that Stephanie was attacked at the school? Similarly was VS ever actually at the school when Stephanie was there? All I've read is that VS is a cleaner at the school. It could be that Stephanie picked up the keys from VS's house and dropped them back when she was finished at the school. He may have ambushed her at his home. There seems to have been a lot of forensic activity at VS's house, where there wasn't the same activity at the school. All this according to MSM of course. It was also mentioned that VS's family members had been away, so VS would have had the house to himself.

VS's neighbour said that VS had been cleaning up his backyard in the week before Stephanie disappeared. VS owns a ute with a black canopy. Did he load his ute up with the rubbish from his backyard ready to take to the landfill and recycling depot located in Corbie Hill Road? Did Stephanie end up in the back of that ute also? Blood was found in it. Chances are! VS could have easily taken the ute to the landfill depot and disposed of everything in the back of it. Perhaps he had a burn-off prior to leaving home or even at the landfill depot.

How Stephanie's car got to where it was found on Griffith Road is still a mystery though. From what I've read ^upthread^, it may well have been dumped there as late as Wednesday. If that is the case, how and where did VS conceal the car? It is interesting to note that the landfill depot in Corbie Hill Road is in the opposite direction to where Stephanie's car was found on Griffith Road. Was VS trying to use a bit of psychology by dumping her car in the opposite direction to where she actually was. Of course this is all speculation on my part.

Leeton%20map_zps1cedwsri.jpg

Just a little info I hadn't seen before regarding the timeline of police activity - seems they responded quite quickly after all according to this article:

The Daily Telegraph, April 10

Thanks catwhiskers. Unfortunately that link is behind a pay-wall and I can't access it.

From another link:

Murdered teacher's keys found at accused killer's home: police

2:27am April 10, 2015

A set of keys given to NSW teacher Stephanie Scott were found at the home of the school cleaner accused of murdering her, police will allege.

Police claim they grew suspicious of 24-year-old Vincent Stanford after he gave misleading information to investigators about being at the school on Easter Sunday — the day Ms Scott, a 26-year-old bride-to-be, disappeared, The Daily Telegraph reports.

Ms Scott was last seen at Leeton High School, in the NSW Riverina region, on Sunday working on lesson plans to be used while the devoted English and drama teacher was on her honeymoon.

She had gone to the school at 11am and picked up a set of keys to get into a classroom to do her work.

When police searched *Stanford's family home, five minutes from the school, on Wednesday afternoon, they allegedly found a set of keys that matched a description of the keys that Ms Scott was given.

Standford arrived at his house in the early evening and police allegedly found blood in the back of his vehicle.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...t-her-accused-killer-home#BkdfxMDUbcfPq9ve.99

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...t-her-accused-killer-home#BkdfxMDUbcfPq9ve.99

From the same link. It looks like the forensic officer is walking towards a garage. Note all of the markers on the ground. Did VS hide Stephanie's car in there I wonder?

150409_tcn_leeton_5_zpspfdnq7yu.jpg

Just MOO but after the car was found i started thinking that he must have had her car in his garage for a couple of days.

These two articles both specify that the school keys found at his house were given to Stephanie so that she could work in a classroom. They don't say who gave them to her, but they certainly don't imply at all that it was VS. In fact, they both imply - strongly - that the keys shouldn't have been at his house. Along with the 'misleading' details about him being at the school on the day of her murder I think we can deduce that he was not the colleague Stephanie met. I can't see anyone calling a part time contract cleaner (who worked at a few other schools and TAFE) a colleague anyway.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...-of-a-burnt-body/story-fnii5s3x-1227297895294

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...teacher-keys-found-at-her-accused-killer-home

edited to add: also, another thing I thought of - cleaners usually have different sets of keys to teachers. AFAIK they have master sets, not individual classroom keys.

2GB news said VS was in possession of the school room keys and Stephanie's car keys.

Why won't he say where Stephanie is?
Could he be embarrassed about the frenzied attack and that's why he burnt her.

2GB news said VS was in possession of the school room keys and Stephanie's car keys.

Why won't he say where Stephanie is?
Could he be embarrassed about the frenzied attack and that's why he burnt her.
i think the burning was to try to dispose of evidence. I suspect he did other things to her and wanted to hide it. I feel sick just typing that.

Thanks for the info about him having both sets of keys!

BTW good morning fellow sleuthers! I hope you all had more sleep than I did last night. It's going to take a lot of coffee to motivate me today :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle