GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #38 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE will have to show evidence their theory of sexual assault is correct though regarding Christina's case.
The cause may have been a drug overdose where EA's reaction was to run scared and then cover up his actions.
The fear of deportation combined with convincing himself it isn't his fault may have gotten his story rolling.

Except for the fact that a drug overdose more than likely would not injure EA & probably wouldn't have much to do with her DNA (as in blood) in his trunk.. JMO!

BBM

Except for the fact that a drug overdose more than likely would not injure EA & probably wouldn't have much to do with her DNA (as in blood) in his trunk.. JMO!

LOL Yeah, I'd like to see how they'd try to sell the idea to the jury that CM had some sort of medical emergency so instead of taking her to a hospital, EA put her IN HIS TRUNK. And then hid her, and lied about everything, and on and on. I'm just not seeing it. :thinking:

Where or how did you see The Wolf of Wall Street movie?
According to Google, it was released in 2013 along with Gravity and Twelve Years a Slave both of which I watched on cable tv.

I saw it on the new cable channel Epix. They showed it on a free preview weekend. fyi - I have ATT Uverse

1 The case is closed? I didn't say that, nor did I mean to leave that implication, and my apologies if I didn't word it well enough. They still lack a conviction and the discovery of where CM is, and they may need proof for a capital murder charge when all is said and done, so those aspects are still very much open for investigators.

Let me be clear that I do NOT think LE would or should turn a blind eye to investigating, if there was something to lead them in a certain new direction. But considering what we know, they certainly don't seem to have any reason to blindly look for someone else.

2 I do think it's a mistake to read much into the LE comments made many months ago that, at that time, they were leaving the door open as to whether others may be involved. They didn't indicate they thought others were involved, only that they hadn't ruled it out. (My personal take? I suspect they were looking closely at EA's family for potential involvement later on, which would offer EA a reason to talk in order to protect them, and I suspect the comments were to keep from letting EA off the hook as to the need to talk to protect family.)

3 You remind, and I certainly agree (and have tried to say repeatedly), our comments here can only be based on what we see and know.

So what do we know? We know they

• have arrested EA,
  • have charged him with the crime,
  • are headed to trial,
  • haven't revealed any evidence that points to any other perp, and
  • we have no indication that CM was around anyone except EA from 3:35 am on,
  • nor do we have any indication that anyone else did something to her.

So on the basis of what we see and know, it sure appears that LE has their guy. And based on what we know, the case would certainly appear to be solved (ie they have found the perp that abducted and perhaps murdered CM).

4 The insinuation made here by someone else wasn't just of the idea that someone other than EA might have participated somehow. Instead, they broadly accused/implied that LE and the family had "fixated" on EA, ignored everyone else, and essentially would be persecuing him with charges, an arrest, and a trial ahead. And the solution offered was that LE needs to ignore what they've found and look elsewhere.

I certainly don't buy any of that. What we've seen says exactly the polar opposite of being blindly "fixated" on EA and never considering or examining anyone else. Instead of ignoring all others, indications are that they looked, and did so in ways where we didn't even have a clue how detailed they looked - so I see no justification to suggest/criticize they need to START doing things they unquestionably have been doing all along.
Just wanted to give a special Thanks to Steve for always hanging in here, even through turmoil and keeping it real. Your thoughtful insights along with your calm kind ways, knowledge and care is appreciated very much:)

BBM

I'll admit to having an active imagination.
Your post above is interesting but I can't picture you being a defense lawyer! (Yikes, I mean, SteveS)
The point you made about wanting to know the truth makes sense but can you ever really be sure you do?
It drives me nuts when we hear half truths, half lies, part of the story, etc.
Coincidences drive me crazy too (this is when the imagination takes over).

There was a call on the police log at 2:17 a.m. from the building address where the group gathered.
It is unknown if the call is related to the group or not. What if it was and EA had an altercation with someone outside of the building?

It bothers me that we don't know where CM and SN were but, more importantly, where SN was after he and CM
left SD's. We know they were together after 12:30 a.m. but don't know what time they left SD.
We still haven't heard verification of, or timeline info on, the rest of the groups trip to Whataburger.
The time the call to LE was logged could match up with the time people returned to meetup at the apartment.
Because, later, why would SN call CM on her cellphone just minutes after she left the apartment if he were there?
She hadn't even reached her car yet (if she had been allowed to do so).
It must not bother other people as much as it does me when info shared or released doesn't make sense.
It's very hard to let details go without clarification.
Both HF and SN when they spoke to the press sounded as if they had reconciled the fact that CM was gone.

A strength I have (proven in front of my husband many times) is an ability to sense when someone is awkward about what they're saying or their face isn't matching their words. When something off, I can usually sense it when I'm communicating with someone who is standing in front of us.
This is different than being able to tell if someone isn't telling the truth but more like when someone doesn't want to be rude or honest (for some reason) and they say something without being direct about it.

If HF wasn't present at any time and I accept he wasn't, I'm unable to accept he doesn't have more information about what happened to CM.
Same goes for SN.
I'm unable to forget the alarm wasn't set off earlier than four days from the time CM went missing.
She left a living thing behind in the same place she shared with another person. That's not normal and he knew it.

No one knows who anyone is so no one knows why someone would want someone else to believe or not believe something.
My mind goes there, sorry.

I'll admit to having an active imagination.
Your post above is interesting but I can't picture you being a defense lawyer! (Yikes, I mean, SteveS)
The point you made about wanting to know the truth makes sense but can you ever really be sure you do?
It drives me nuts when we hear half truths, half lies, part of the story, etc.
Coincidences drive me crazy too (this is when the imagination takes over).

There was a call on the police log at 2:17 a.m. from the building address where the group gathered.
It is unknown if the call is related to the group or not. What if it was and EA had an altercation with someone outside of the building?

It bothers me that we don't know where CM and SN were but, more importantly, where SN was after he and CM
left SD's. We know they were together after 12:30 a.m. but don't know what time they left SD.
We still haven't heard verification of, or timeline info on, the rest of the groups trip to Whataburger.
The time the call to LE was logged could match up with the time people returned to meetup at the apartment.
Because, later, why would SN call CM on her cellphone just minutes after she left the apartment if he were there?
She hadn't even reached her car yet (if she had been allowed to do so).
It must not bother other people as much as it does me when info shared or released doesn't make sense.
It's very hard to let details go without clarification.
Both HF and SN when they spoke to the press sounded as if they had reconciled the fact that CM was gone.

A strength I have (proven in front of my husband many times) is an ability to sense when someone is awkward about what they're saying or their face isn't matching their words. When something off, I can usually sense it when I'm communicating with someone who is standing in front of us.
This is different than being able to tell if someone isn't telling the truth but more like when someone doesn't want to be rude or honest (for some reason) and they say something without being direct about it.

If HF wasn't present at any time and I accept he wasn't, I'm unable to accept he doesn't have more information about what happened to CM.
Same goes for SN.
I'm unable to forget the alarm wasn't set off earlier than four days from the time CM went missing.
She left a living thing behind in the same place she shared with another person. That's not normal and he knew it.

All your questions and concerns are valid, BUT don't you think LE/PPD had the same concerns & would have checked into all that? Certainly they are aware of the 911 call, where SN was, the Whataburger time... etc. Once again, I'm guessing that HF was questioned & checked repeatedly. Had HF just reported CM missing, he would have been looked at totally differently and would now be the "poor" guy that had a streak of bad luck & unfortunately got busted with a felony drug charge. Seems to me, if he had anything to do with it, the first thing he would do would report her missing to take the heat off himself. Maybe there were other times CM left without the pooch.. maybe it was sort of "shared" custody.. we don't know for sure. Or, as I've said before... the guy was a jerk & just didn't care... Jonni still insists (on SM) that she is certain he is not involved & has spoken to him numerous times (a couple times while in jail)... JMO

I have no theories, but I have a lot of doubts. Especially that EA acted completely alone. I do not want to be told that I am accusing LE of not doing a good job when I question a case on a forum dedicated to questioning cases. Sometimes LE calls in creative thinkers and even psychics to look at cases because we think outside the box. That's a valuable trait to have.

I express my doubts in hopes that it can spark an idea in someone. I also express my doubts because I enjoy questioning things. I am creative. I don't look for the simplest solution. That's not how my brain works. And I don't trust everyone's opinions of other people, like Jonni still trusting someone she has known since he was a child, whose family is broken and who she truly cares for. I love Jonni, but I can't trust her opinion of these kids. I don't have to. I'm on a forum where we pontificate and discuss ideas about missing persons.

I still don't have any idea what the real motive is in this case. That bothers me. That should bother anyone who wants EA prosecuted. There will be a jury, and as I've said before, if we are any indication of how the general public responds to this case, then it isn't going to be a simple trial.

I have no theories, but I have a lot of doubts. Especially that EA acted completely alone. I do not want to be told that I am accusing LE of not doing a good job when I question a case on a forum dedicated to questioning cases. Sometimes LE calls in creative thinkers and even psychics to look at cases because we think outside the box. That's a valuable trait to have.

I express my doubts in hopes that it can spark an idea in someone. I also express my doubts because I enjoy questioning things. I am creative. I don't look for the simplest solution. That's not how my brain works. And I don't trust everyone's opinions of other people, like Jonni still trusting someone she has known since he was a child, whose family is broken and who she truly cares for. I love Jonni, but I can't trust her opinion of these kids. I don't have to. I'm on a forum where we pontificate and discuss ideas about missing persons.

I still don't have any idea what the real motive is in this case. That bothers me. That should bother anyone who wants EA prosecuted. There will be a jury, and as I've said before, if we are any indication of how the general public responds to this case, then it isn't going to be a simple trial.

...and your thoughts are duly noted & I respect them. However, I'm not going to question LE's detective work when it comes to "Law 101", such as "did they question so-and-so" or "are they making sure others are/aren't involved".. imo, of course they checked into that! They are professionals & that is what they are trained to do. I prefer the simple thought process & can't add a bunch of scenarios that I'm just not seeing. As far as a motive, LE has stated what they believe the motive was, and to me it fits the crime. Personally, I can't complicate this case, because, it just doesn't seem all that complicated. My beliefs are also what this forum is about, afaik.

Once this goes to trial, there will be the people that question the jury & the verdict. If found guilty, people will question the penalty..

Not arguing with you at all! Just responding & voicing my opinion...:peace:

I understand. I certainly don't think LE are not doing the best they can. I just think they are human.

I do think EA is guilty, for sure. I'm just very curious if someone else had the motive and were able to use this idiot to get what they wanted.

ETA: oh, I know the general public will question it. I'm talking about the jury.

It sounds like the protective orders may have been to keep Jonni from speaking about Christina on the Dr Phil show. Apparently, she was scheduled for this Monday April 13 and EA and his lawyers shut it down. Argh.

It sounds like the protective orders may have been to keep Jonni from speaking about Christina on the Dr Phil show. Apparently, she was scheduled for this Monday April 13 and EA and his lawyers shut it down. Argh.

What? What? Really?!?

1 I haven't seen the motion itself, nor any article by someone who has.
2 But, meant respectfully - "his lawyers shut it down" ...Says who?
3 It's an EXTREME move to stop a show like that by "lawyers" and I'm inclined to have doubts that EA's lawyer could, or did, actually stop Dr Phil from discussing the CM case. (There's that nasty 1st Amendment thing that they'd have a tough time overcoming.)
4 It looks to me like the motion for a "protective order" has nothing to do with an Apr 13 TV show. (The motion apparently doesn't even hit the court until 4/29.)

1 I haven't seen the motion itself, nor any article by someone who has.
2 But, meant respectfully - "his lawyers shut it down" ...Says who?
3 It's an EXTREME move to stop a show like that by "lawyers" and I'm inclined to have doubts that EA's lawyer could, or did, actually stop Dr Phil from discussing the CM case. (There's that nasty 1st Amendment thing that they'd have a tough time overcoming.)
4 It looks to me like the motion for a "protective order" has nothing to do with an Apr 13 TV show. (The motion apparently doesn't even hit the court until 4/29.)

That is why I used the word MAY instead of definitely. Oh, and, as I said above, this came straight from Jonni. Christina's mother.

Sigh... Been a while since I've been active here but I come and read from time to time... So we still haven't found her?? This saddens me so very deeply... :(

Sigh... Been a while since I've been active here but I come and read from time to time... So we still haven't found her?? This saddens me so very deeply... :(

I am in the same boat. Hoping that Christina had been found.

I've never seen Dr Phil's show & am not familiar with the format.. Is it common for him to have guests on, in the middle of a case like this? (weird)

Not sure if it's common (Dr. Phil = General Hospital to me) but I know during the Dylan Redwine case, his family was on the show (Jerry Springer style) and there's STILL been no arrest in that case. Hell there's never even been a POI stated in that case yet if you read his thread you'd think there'd been an arrest and an execution. Sorry. OT

Back to Christina. I can see where the protective order could block this, but the hearing for said protective order is not until the end of April, so really who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288