Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is probably spot-on. It would be very difficult to have the same face as this alleged murderer, with the anger that most communities are feeling right now about this horrendous act of violence toward yet another woman. Particularly with some of the details we have heard about the photos.

They probably are trying to protect his innocent brother. And it could be that a court may suppress any photos that the media might dig up too.

That makes sense.

That makes sense.

I think it's more likely that they are trying to be 'nice' to him in order to try and get a confession. He obviously isn't cooperating or they would have found her by now.

The only good thing that I can say about Adrian Bayley is that he took police to Jill Meagher's body. Doesn't seem like VS is willing to do this.

Did he do this immediately though? I thought there was a delay but could be wrong.

just re-read the smh article link i posted in my previous post. police are asking the public to let them know if they saw this white toyota hilux in the area and are telling us that, with it being a 'two wheel' drive, it might be easier to identify and/or recall.
i, for one, has got no idea what a two wheel drive is... i know what a four wheel drive car is, but these days it's not just jeeps and land rovers etc that are built like that. seriously doubt that i could tell whether i was looking at a two wheel or four wheel drive car just by seeing a car drive past. as for two wheel drives and toyota hiluxes, i'll be buggered if i could identify one even if i was hit by one!

The hilux comes in either 2WD (rear wheel drive) or 4WD (all wheels drive). The bodies are identical, the only difference you would notice from the outside is that, in stock form, ie not modified, the suspension is much lower on the 2WD hilux vs the 4WD. Check it out.

CBEo6sa.png

His car might have looked similar to this, I'm suprised police haven't released an 'example' car to help jog peoples memories.. trouble is, white hilux's out here are a dime a dozen. Hell even I've got one:

GkL07Ax.png

VINCENT Stanford’s arrival in Leeton a year ago with only a mattress and a small bag prompted the kind of welcome you get only in a small town.

The 24-year-old accused killer, his brother and mother were showered by neighbours with scones, tea towels and loaned kitchenware.

After stepping off a plane from Holland with his mother and older brother, the family spent a week in Griffith before moving 55km to the quiet town of Leeton.

They were carrying only three bags and three mattresses when they settled in their weatherboard home on Maiden Ave 13 months ago.

Tasmanian born Stanford has another brother, who is his identical twin and is living in Adelaide.

The family spent several years in Holland before the boys pleaded with their mother to return to Australia, according to neighbours.

[His mother], a qualified nurse, went to Canberra for an English language course soon after arriving in NSW and the boys spent several months trying to find work to support the family.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/country-welcome-for-quiet-stranger-vincent-stanford-in-leeton/story-fni0cx12-1227297860421

I can't help but feel for his mother and brothers. It sounds as though his mother's family may be back in the Netherlands (I'm assuming that she's originally from there, as she undertook an english language course after arriving in NSW), so they may not have a lot of family support here in Australia. And having lived in a small country town myself, I can't imagine it would be easy for them to stay in leeton after this

Such a senseless crime that has affected so many people :(

Did he do this immediately though? I thought there was a delay but could be wrong.

Bayley confessed a very short time after his arrest, within a few hours, and the interview was suspended so he could take police to the site where he buried Jill.

Thursday, September 27
2.30pm: Bayley arrested in Coburg.
3.58pm: Police interview with Bayley begins.
10pm: Interview suspended while police travel to a site allegedly nominated by Bayley.

Friday, September 28
3am: Bayley remanded at an out-of-sessions hearing after being charged with murder.
4am: Ms Meagher's body is taken away by coronial staff after being recovered from a shallow grave at the side of Black Hill Rd in Gisborne South, north of Melbourne.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...ew-amid-new-cctv/story-fni0ffnk-1226595890685

ETA: It is interesting reading the edited version of part of the police interview (at the link). Those detectives sure keep their cool, when they must feel quite the opposite.

This is absolutely horrendous and my heart goes out to all Stephanie's family and friends.

What is society coming to these day's, no longer safe to be anywhere :(

This is a horrible crime, but I can't agree with your assessment that "these day's, no longer safe to be anywhere". It is actually completely safe to be pretty much anywhere in Australia most of the time (OK, so maybe if you inhabit dark alleys in the city at night, you might get into trouble -- common sense is required). The number of random murders (i.e. performed by people other than the victim's immediate family) is absolutely miniscule. Remember, there are close to 25 Million people in the country and only a handful of cases like this per year. It is important to keep perspective.

This is a horrible crime, but I can't agree with your assessment that "these day's, no longer safe to be anywhere". It is actually completely safe to be pretty much anywhere in Australia most of the time (OK, so maybe if you inhabit dark alleys in the city at night, you might get into trouble -- common sense is required). The number of random murders (i.e. performed by people other than the victim's immediate family) is absolutely miniscule. Remember, there are close to 25 Million people in the country and only a handful of cases like this per year. It is important to keep perspective.

I agree metapraxis02 - yes, it is scary to hear all of these things and yes, they do feel like they happen all the time but realistically they don't.

I also agree with you spiritualdreaming, it is horrendous.
Poor Stephanie did not deserve what happened to her, no one deserves that at all. I cannot imagine the pure fear she felt :(

How unusual ... they even held something up so that MSM could not get any pictures of Stanford as he was transferred into/out of the police station. I am not sure that I have seen that happen before, where police conceal him. I have only seen where perps try to cover their own face as they are led away.

The officer in the video at this link says that they have investigated a 'few areas' of the school .. but were looking at other crime scenes.

28b7m68.png

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/school-cl...-stephanie-scotts-murder-20150409-1mht9j.html
As I suggested last night, maybe it's because he has an identical looking twin brother?

Just about this email sent from school - sometimes emails sent from a school server are notoriously unreliable and don't send straight away - so while it may have queued to send at say 8am it may not have been able to successfully send until much later and sat in the outbox- I am far from an expert on email. Basically, from the time the send button was pressed to the actual time it was sent there may be a delay of hours. (Not sure what send time is being reported here the time the press send button was used or the time it was processed by the server and successfully sent out from the outbox.)

Now that the school has become another crime scene I would think they will be combing through all this stuff.

Police divers have arrived in the NSW Riverina town of Leeton to search for the body of high school teacher Stephanie Scott, one day after a cleaner at the school where she worked was charged with her murder.

State Emergency Service volunteers are also expected to join the search ...

The search on Friday is expected to concentrate on the area near where Ms Scott's car was found abandoned, beside a wheat field and near a vineyard about eight kilometres outside Leeton.

Police were seen placing forensic markers through the vineyard on Thursday, and officers guarded the scene overnight.

Police were conducting line searches in the area on Friday morning, and divers are expected to search an irrigation dam at the vineyard.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-di...-focus-turns-to-vineyard-20150409-1mhzs1.html

860731-21495968-deaa-11e4-bde2-90f29debd666.jpg

Vincent Stanford is led into Leeton Police Station.

"After stepping off a plane from Holland with his mother Anika and older brother, the family spent a week in Griffith before moving 55km to the quiet town of Leeton.

They were carrying only three bags and three mattresses when they settled in their weatherboard home on Maiden Ave 13 months ago."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...anford-in-leeton/story-fni0cx12-1227297860421

Wouldn't it be nice if there was still a chance of it being a case of her being trapped somewhere. I hope so for that poor family.

I did find a journalists twitter page where she is live updating with what is going on in Leeton. Searching the water doesn't sound like there will be a good outcome either.
https://twitter.com/ashleemullany

I think that is probably spot-on. It would be very difficult to have the same face as this alleged murderer, with the anger that most communities are feeling right now about this horrendous act of violence toward yet another woman. Particularly with some of the details we have heard about the photos.

They probably are trying to protect his innocent brother. And it could be that a court may suppress any photos that the media might dig up too.

If I was his brother I'd be changing everything I could about my physical appearance - hair style and colour, facial hair etc - that I could. Two reasons: to disassociate myself from him for my own personal safety and also just to disassociate from him ... twins supposedly have a rock solid bond, to have your twin commit such a crime, would be so difficult to live with.

If I was his brother I'd be changing everything I could about my physical appearance - hair style and colour, facial hair etc - that I could. Two reasons: to disassociate myself from him for my own personal safety and also just to disassociate from him ... twins supposedly have a rock solid bond, to have your twin commit such a crime, would be so difficult to live with.

If the are close, why is there no mention or photos, even way back on the brother's FB page?

Sorry, I've gone back and deleted the original content of my post due to a message from an administrator below.

Morning all. Just caught up on reading. My theory after reading up on the new information is this....
I think she met another colleague at the school who gave her the keys. I dont think VS was there at all working or to associate with Stephanie, if he was at the school at all. I think he spotted her there and she was ambushed.... How, when and where i have no idea.
I think that when the article said that LE believe they found keys to the school belonging to Stephanie is brcause someone else coukd identify them as the ones she was given. Not because he gave them to her.
The car is a mystery. If he hid it in his garage then surely the family members living with him would have noticed. Its a bright red car, not easy to hide.
I think its possible that thr car was hidden where her remains are and it was moved at a later date. Possibly to the other side of town to draw attention away from the real crime scene.
Just my theories and likely to change.

Hi guys.....thought I'd add my two cents worth..................I too am wondering why no photos of him???? normally by now there are plenty, and I don't think it is just to do with his twin brother. I have searched everywhere, and the police really are trying to hide his identity. I have read on a facebook page that there is a lot of anger in the town as they arrived as immigrants with nothing but a couple of suitcases and the townfolk rallied around them giving them furniture, food etc to set up. I know that sounds bad but being a realist and reading between the lines, I think there is now a lot of resentment and anger in the town after helping them out, could also stir up a lot of trouble in the wider Australian community as well......once again just reading between the lines.... Also the pictures of the fiancé are so devasting......that poor man and their family and friends how utterly horrible.

Morning all. Just caught up on reading. My theory after reading up on the new information is this....
I think she met another colleague at the school who gave her the keys. I dont think VS was there at all working or to associate with Stephanie, if he was at the school at all. I think he spotted her there and she was ambushed.... How, when and where i have no idea.
I think that when the article said that LE believe they found keys to the school belonging to Stephanie is brcause someone else coukd identify them as the ones she was given. Not because he gave them to her.
The car is a mystery. If he hid it in his garage then surely the family members living with him would have noticed. Its a bright red car, not easy to hide.
I think its possible that thr car was hidden where her remains are and it was moved at a later date. Possibly to the other side of town to draw attention away from the real crime scene.
Just my theories and likely to change.

Someone said upthread that his family is overseas at the moment and that VS had the house to himself, if this is the case he could have hidden the car in the garage.

Police said that, on Wednesday night, officers attended a home on Maiden Avenue Leeton, where they spoke to two residents.

About 7.30pm, another resident of the home – a 24-year-old man – arrived at the property and was arrested.

Mr Scanlan said Stanford lived there with his mother, a nurse, and another male.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...town--days-before-wedding#lpv2ghbIKQGS0Md4.99

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/2999723/cleaner-charged-with-murder-of-missing-bride-to-be/

Someone said upthread that his family is overseas at the moment and that VS had the house to himself, if this is the case he could have hidden the car in the garage.

oh wow Belz, do you mind reposting that post. Ive looked and cant find it. Thanks

We do not sleuth family or people not named as POI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member