GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things I would like to know.
1. Where was SC grandfather that night?
2. Did the Grandfather report any strange behavior?
3. Does LE have a really good idea of what happened or not?
4. What does her family believe happened and is it a theory or because LE has a pretty good idea?

At the end of the day, I'd like to know because I want to see this guy pay for what he did.

Things I would like to know.
1. Where was SC grandfather that night?
2. Did the Grandfather report any strange behavior?
3. Does LE have a really good idea of what happened or not?
4. What does her family believe happened and is it a theory or because LE has a pretty good idea?

At the end of the day, I'd like to know because I want to see this guy pay for what he did.

You nailed it. And one more

WHERE IS SHE?!

MMA is an acronym I got from the Websleuth guidelines for sources. Mainstream Media Articles?

Thanks. I just found a WS section for WS Lingo. Wish I'd found it a year ago. They use MSM for mainstream media, but MMA works for me, too.

Thinking about the "moving 160 pounds" problem, I think that's a problem for any scenario. I don't see him getting her to voluntarily walk off the road into the Maui jungle at night, or to walk to some quiet remote part of grandfather's property. (Unless possibly at gunpoint.)

The arson indictment says only that SC burned her car, not that it was a crime scene.
The second degree murder indictment says he did it, and somewhere in a range of dates, but does not say where.

Do you have the link for the arson indictment, Pua? I remember Loio saying the indictment stated the car was the crime scene. I honestly don't know how LE would know that since the car was torched.

Do you have the link for the arson indictment, Pua? I remember Loio saying the indictment stated the car was the crime scene. I honestly don't know how LE would know that since the car was torched.

It said arson IN ORDER to cover up a crime.

Interesting! So maybe he did personally strip and torch Charli's SUV. If this is true, I wonder what he did with the parts...

It said arson IN ORDER to cover up a crime.

Thanks. I just found a WS section for WS Lingo. Wish I'd found it a year ago. They use MSM for mainstream media, but MMA works for me, too.
My bad, mama. No wonder you were puzzled. Apparently my memory made that one up, lol. Thanks!

I imagine that he told her that he wanted to talk about the baby. JMHO, but that's what tied them together. Girlfriend was on the mainland and he could have told her they were finished, for all we know. As to Nala, she trusted SC, so he was good as long as he didn't kill her in Nala's presence. He either left Nala in Haiku and made two trips, or drove to Nahiku with a sleepy Charli and dropped Nala off. IMO. :cow::
i have also thought that he would get her to come over by saying he wants to talk about the baby. He probably hadnt been very emotionally available at all in that area, which would cause her to say yes even being tired. Although I get the sense from her mother's interview that he had Charli accustomed to coming when he called and generally serving his pleasure. That unfortunately can become the dynamic in bad relationships where one person doesn't care as much and preys on the greater need of the other person.

perhaps at this point though she is far enough weaned if him to say no if she is tired, but if he uses the baby as a reason she is probably coming over, after all she is already in Haiku so it can't be far. Going to Keanae voluntarily I don't see. That drive could make a person sick, especially in the dark. The whole idea is weird. Just find someone to take you out there in the daylight -- most would say, including friends.

Interesting! So maybe he did personally strip and torch Charli's SUV. If this is true, I wonder what he did with the parts...
i think there are different ways that the arson could be seen to cover up. Just removing the vehicle from the scene of the crime and torching it makes the investigation more difficult. If the 4runner had been left at the scene, evidence would have been found sooner and much more easily. He would also have used the car to get away from the scene, possible getting blood in it whether she was killed in the vehicle or not.

I don't think this is enough to make the LE theory clear to us. Could be they will say done in the car, but not necessarily so.

That's a long, winding road and *I* wouldn't agree to a night drive down it without a convincing reason, particularly if I was "exhausted" and had to work in the AM.

I've often thought that SC gave her a little something to make her sleep, but many disagree with me.

I wonder if they had a special spot somewhere along Hana Hwy. Maybe Honomanu.

i have also thought that he would get her to come over by saying he wants to talk about the baby. He probably hadnt been very emotionally available at all in that area, which would cause her to say yes even being tired. Although I get the sense from her mother's interview that he had Charli accustomed to coming when he called and generally serving his pleasure. That unfortunately can become the dynamic in bad relationships where one person doesn't care as much and preys on the greater need of the other person.

perhaps at this point though she is far enough weaned if him to say no if she is tired, but if he uses the baby as a reason she is probably coming over, after all she is already in Haiku so it can't be far. Going to Keanae voluntarily I don't see. That drive could make a person sick, especially in the dark. The whole idea is weird. Just find someone to take you out there in the daylight -- most would say, including friends.

I found the post with the copies of the two charges. Rereading them should do away with some of our recent speculation.

Lolo may have some information beyond the charges, but nothing is said here about arson to cover up a crime. In fact, the vehicle is not mentioned, only property valued over $500.

He does not need to have personally set the fire. "Caused" it to be burned also meets the element.
What I find odd is why only arson in the third degree, which is the least serious level of felony, class C. Second degree would have been property values at over $1,500, and a class B felony. How is a running car on Maui not worth more than $1,500?

That's a long, winding road and *I* wouldn't agree to a night drive down it without a convincing reason, particularly if I was "exhausted" and had to work in the AM.

I've often thought that SC gave her a little something to make her sleep, but many disagree with me.

I wonder if they had a special spot somewhere along Hana Hwy. Maybe Honomanu.
And her family didn't think she would agree either. The sleeping "potion" is possible just impossible to know without a confession. It would make it easier for him. OTOH I think it makes the overkill of his stabbing harder to understand, if she wasn't awake. Unless you think she was asleep part of the time but then woke up and protested.

It's a tough element to hinge a plan on, not knowing if she would say no when a drink was offered. Then what does he do if she says, no, I'm fine, I don't need anything?

It's a tough element to hinge a plan on, not knowing if she would say no when a drink was offered. Then what does he do if she says, no, I'm fine, I don't need anything?

So much of his plan hinged on her. First getting her to meet him that night.

How much did he plan ahead and how much did he leave to chance? What were all the elements he could control?

Well, if they were talking regularly, he likely knew she was going to her sister's birthday party in Haiku that night. For all anyone knows, they had already planned for her to stop by. She didn't discuss her contact with SC with her family, so doesn't mean anything that she didn't mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong