CA - Bizarre Police Chase, Man Beat, Horse fine

Can hardly believe what I see in this video.

Imo, these so-called officers take themselves far lower than the person they are trying to apprehend. Look forward to any and all 'official' reports - how will they defend beating a guy who stayed face-down, spread eagled on the ground and put his hands behind his back in compliance? I get that it was dumb to lead these 'officers' on such a chase in the first place, but the reaction, imo, is epic cowardice.

The worst character here imo, is the second last officer to run up to the person on the ground - he comes from the right and is wearing a lighter shirt than the others and a vest. He uses a baton on the guy after the others had already unnecessarily and illegally (imo) beat him. He had to know the guy was not getting up at that point, imo. After using the baton on the guy, the 'officer' then threw it to another officer. Why? To hide it?

This will go a long way towards public disgust and mistrust of LE in general everywhere. Not one act of policing goes on here. Bullying, aggravated assault yes, policing no. Jmo.

Wild video. Can't say I feel sorry for the guy, he stole and then endangered someone's horse.

Thankfully the horse wasn't harmed during any of that.

Wow. The chopper was smart to lower itself and spook the horse so the guy fell off. The horse was obviously well trained to stand once the reins were dropped.

The LEO seemed pissed, resulting in what appears to be punching the suspect repeatedly. Three officers down due to dehydration, chest pain, and muscle weakness. Wow. Glad everyone is ok.

Cops running in a California desert seems a little dumb to me. It might lead to things like, dehydration, chest pain and muscle weakness. They had eyes in the sky - wait for a destination and make a plan accordingly? No one's life was in danger until the cops started running in the desert, then another life became endangered when LE reached the person lying face down on the ground. Haven't heard the extent of his injuries caused by the beating he sustained. What will that eventually cost the taxpayers? Why should taxpayers pick up the bill for criminal acts by cops?

Accepting this behavior by LE emboldens the next cop - as in it's fine to shoot someone in the back when no life is in danger. Why do cops then lie about what happened if all is well? Don't get that.

Followup http://abc7.com/news/disturbing-arr...y-horse-pursuit-prompts-investigation/645849/

Pusok was transported to a local hospital with unknown injuries. Two deputies were treated for dehydration and a third deputy was injured when he was kicked by the horse.

Pusok's girlfriend Jolene Bindner doesn't understand the use of force after her boyfriend of 13 years put his hands behind his back. They have three daughters and a son on the way.

With all due respect - does Pusok's prior history warrant kicking the ***** out of him when he's face down and compliant with LE? Eventually that is.

Imo LE kicking, punching and shoving a baton in the side of someone face down on the ground who is not resisting at that moment is cowardly. And criminal. And for sport. And makes a great story to them the next time they are in a bar with their buds.

It's not policing. It's not legal either. Jmo.

I agree - no justification for what happened to him.

Any thoughts on the actions of LE? OK? Not OK? One of them comes with dire future consequences, imo.

Chuckles - LE avoids the core issue from certain incidents as well. Pandering to poor cop behavior won't help to improve the bad relationship they have with the public at the moment. That public includes law abiding citizens btw. Jmo.

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) – A California sheriff placed 10 deputies on paid administrative leave Friday after news video recorded the violent arrest of a man fleeing authorities on horse.

San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said the video “disturbed and troubled him” and appeared to show an excessive use of force.

http://wkrn.com/2015/04/10/deputies-put-on-leave-in-violent-california-arrest/

“I’m asking for some patience while we complete a thorough and fair investigation,” McMahon said. “I am disturbed and troubled by what I see in the video. It does not appear to be in line with our policies and procedures … I assure you, if there is criminal doing on the part of any of our deputy sheriffs or any policy violations we will take action.”

The deputies were wearing audio recorders, but McMahon said he had not listened to them and the recordings will be part of the investigation.

Cops running in a California desert seems a little dumb to me. It might lead to things like, dehydration, chest pain and muscle weakness. They had eyes in the sky - wait for a destination and make a plan accordingly? No one's life was in danger until the cops started running in the desert ....
sbm bbm

Starting a draft for law enforcement policy based on above ideas.
Foot Pursuits
When temp exceeds 100 or 90 (or 80 or 70?) degrees,
- LEOs are prohibited from walking faster than 4 mph, unless able to maintain pace without breaking a sweat.
- Suspects, persons of interest, bystanders, media reps, and others may establish own speed(s).
Until a death occurs, LEOs are required to remain at assigned PD sub-station.
When a person 'turn self in' PD sub-station or HQ after attorney is present, LEOs may record audio & vid of confession but are prohibited from asking questions.
Oops, sorry, some snarc slipped loose from the handcuffs and escaped. Retracting #3.

If it's warm, LE lets 'em go, no worries. Is this the idea?

ETA: Not saying those LEOs in vid had any reason/basis/ cause for kicking, hitting or batoning the dude.
Dude was down, IIUC, protocol prob'ly was to search for weapons & cuff. At that pt, looked like no resistance (finally, after ~3 hrs?).
Saying a no-pursuit LE does not seem approp approach herein this case, imo.
Seems no/constrained/limited pursuit policy emboldens criminals.
Doubt that it is approp very often, imo.

Not sure if this is ok, but a friend who is local said a 911 call was made from a man on Deer Creek that someone stole his horse. Guessing either they had been riding or getting ready to.

Glad you don't find it appropriate al66pine that LE beat a compliant guy on the ground - maybe your draft law could open with that? Jmo.

The deputies were serving a search warrant on this guys house - the guy took off and LE pursued. Why? They had a search warrant for his house, not an arrest warrant for him.

Why would LE then run into a desert unprepared when they have eyes in the sky? The cops dropped due to their own decisions, then beat the guy because they chased him and a few hurt themselves.

How much will it cost the taxpayers to return LE to good health, with pay while that happens, and how much in medical costs to put the guy back together the way he was - if that can be done. Then there is the lawsuit that will surely follow - how much?

Still seems dumb to me today. Likely tomorrow as well.

No one's life was in danger until the cops started running in the desert, then another life became endangered when LE reached the person lying face down on the ground.

The horse was in grave danger after being taken into the desert by that fleeing criminal.

Is the horse's owner supposed to saddle up, grab some guns and go hunt the guy down on his own while the police sit around in the shade and do NOTHING?

Getting the impression LE helicopters are considered useless to some - including LE. They seem useful to me though.

Doubt this guy would have run into the desert if LE didn't chase him in the first place. Looking forward to a reasonable explanation as to why LE chose to chase him when he left his house that LE had a warrant to search. Just a search. So far.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back