Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I've just tried to "thank" the first 8 pots, and I had to refresh each time, soooo just because I'm feeling really lazy today, I'm just going to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who posts :)

Jodi's crew is busy overnight

@JodiAnnArias: "Accuracy is the soul of journalism." -- Robert Stone (and that would explain why some publications are soulless)

@JodiAnnArias: "The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority." -- A.A.Milne

The bottom-of-the-barrel mind twists other people's words, intending evil.

HLN just said they will begin live coverage at 11:25 am EST

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ack, maybe I'm wrong, sorry! My mom told me it would be 9:30 my time so I didn't question it :)

Ack, maybe I'm wrong, sorry! My mom told me it would be 9:30 my time so I didn't question it :)

I've been off az time for a few weeks now so I was questioning myself lol.

It's 7.11am in az 3.11pm UK time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@JodiAnnArias: "Accuracy is the soul of journalism." -- Robert Stone (and that would explain why some publications are soulless)

@JodiAnnArias: "The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority." -- A.A.Milne

I really doubt that any of that bunch have read Robert Stone who, in all his novels, is deeply critical of violence. As for A.A. Milne--well, pooh!

To all the UK posters, your countries are on my bucket list. So, if you see a strange old lady from the US waving to you, it will be ME. I don't mind traveling alone, but there are few places I'd feel safe to do that. Australia and UK are 2 of the places I'd go alone. Maybe Finland, Sweden and Norway, too.

I guess she found her Big Book of Quotations as she was packing up her stuff. Typical Jodi, not one to come up with a unique thought on her own.

Some Tweets ...

Link: https://twitter.com/hardtruth4real/lists/jodi-arias-trial-live

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 55m55 minutes ago

Having some oatmeal and a coffee before I make my way into the courthouse #jodiarias

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 30m30 minutes ago  Phoenix, AZ

Less than 2 hours until #JodiArias sentencing. 2 options: life in prison or life in prison w/ possibility of release after 25 years #abc15

William Pitts retweeted
USA TODAY ‏@USATODAY · 26m26 minutes ago

Due at 11:30 a.m. ET today:
Jodi Arias to be sentenced; death penalty already ruled out.

http://usat.ly/1COLCui

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 1h1 hour ago

Covering #JodiArias from CNN Center today, but my spirit is in court in my usual row behind #TravisAlexander family.

CCeX2VMWMAA9_DN.jpg

Someone try and capture a screenshot of Jodi when she gets LWOP. She flipping better get it

From Jen:
Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago

Some jurors are here in royal blue for Travis #jodiarias

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Dare we hope today will be side-bar-free? I have no idea what to expect format wise.

The whole penalty retrial is reason enough for JSS to sentence CMJA to natural life, as her defense strategy was devoid of any remorse or accountability for the crime.

In the retrial, an argument for natural life would have been a brief one week case in which the defense produced a few experts to review the defendant's psychological profile apart from anything to do with the victim, perhaps a few character witnesses and lastly, an allocution during which the defendant took responsibility for her actions, expressed genuine remorse and pleaded for mercy.

I remember how exasperated JSS seemed when the killer refused to allocute, tossing away her last chance to show the jurors remorse for her actions. Not only refusing, but also being utterly affronted that the court denied her a private and secret audience with those who would determine her fate. Forever the narcissist, she misses nary a beat to impress.

I really doubt that any of that bunch have read Robert Stone who, in all his novels, is deeply critical of violence. As for A.A. Milne--well, pooh!

There are plenty of famous quotes books. Bet JA collects them, just to pull out quotes to post due to fact that her uncreative mind does not have an authentic thought in it...and her desperation to look well read.

Wow, Game Of Thrones premiere last night, and Jodi going to Perryville today...a great way to start my week!

I can only hope that the Alexanders can get some further closure today. Bless them eternally.

I'm glad you said something about AA Milne. When I saw him being quoted by/for the murderer I thought 'get your hand off it Arias', as we would say in Australia. As if the whimsical Mr Milne would approve of her and what she did. It does make me wonder where they dig these quotes up from though - I'd say some dictionary of quotations and they just look for anything that might fit. Anyway, I went digging for a riposte and thought this seemed to fit the bill quite nicely:

The boys with their feet on the desks know that the easiest murder case in the world to break is the one somebody tried to get very cute with; the one that really bothers them is the murder somebody only thought of two minutes before he pulled it off.

Raymond Chandler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members