Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
JW claiming that JA was never offered a plea of LWOP.

Wilma saying this should have been a 2nd degree case. I just can't with these people. Says Jodi feels good and ready for the next part of her life. WTF

old buddies, Keifer smelling Willmont's butt as she is being interviewed

JA won't be able to successfully claim incompetence of defense and win that on appeal. She got a very aggressive defense, her defense team fought for her every single step of the way. This will ensure she really does stay in prison for life and every appeal attempt will be fruitless.

I think JSS had this long view in mind the whole way through. Keep the murderess in prison for the rest of her life, lock down any chance for a successful appeal.

Despite the fact that I sat through this trial from day one in 2013, I'm still shocked at how badly Wilmott behaved. Jodi's behavior -- I guess you couldn't expect anything different. But Wilmott! What was she thinking?!

Agreed. I was shocked at Willmott outright lying about the defense not calling Travis a pedophile. Because that's just patently false.

Settle? Criminal cases don't settle like a civil "my tree fell on your car in your driveway" case. What an odd choice of words. Did JA think she could pay the family of TA off and the police and DA would just let it go? Weirdos.

What was the "settlement" JA wanted? Was she asking to pled down to manslaughter or something? I can't remember the details but I do recall her promising to make life hell if she didn't get the "settlement" she wanted.

Wilma saying this should have been a 2nd degree case. I just can't with these people. Says Jodi feels good and ready for the next part of her life. WTF

Willmott must be high. Second degree? She's insane.

Arias sentenced to life with no parole

34-year-old convicted of killing ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander

Published On: Apr 13 2015 04:54:48 AM EDT Updated 3 m

Jodi Arias was sentenced to life in prison Monday for the gruesome 2008 murder of her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander.

Maricopa County Judge Sherry Stephens could have sentenced Arias to life with the possibility of early release after 25 years, but decided the convicted killer should spend the rest of her life behind bars.

Before her sentence was handed down, Arias expressed remorse for her actions...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/murderer-arias-to-be-sentenced-monday/32335156

Life without parole. Such sweet words.

Most vivid memory for me is going to be JA's statement. Not promoting her "remorse". Not pleading for her life. The most impassioned speech she expressed was when she lambasted the family for the picture at the courthouse and their "attacks" on her. Classic sociopath.

WTF, who stopped sandy for testifying???????!!
The defense team, when they realized the first question she would be asked by Juan Martinez was "Did you take photographs of these alleged bruises?"

And that baby how roooode someone offer him police protection for the rest of his life cos Jodi was mad at him.
Oh and for the love of God just let Nurmi go. He probably needs to scrub himself with a brillo pad too.

It was amazing how that fog lifted, I think I'm still in shock, I felt she was trying to harm his family members further by saying that....it was the way she said it. She isn't horrified, she isn't repulsed, she was matter of fact all the way. No remorse at all imo.

She's proud of her handiwork and that includes sticking it to the Alexander Family one more time in the worst possible way. She's calculating and thinks she's smart and lawyer had to backpedal for a loooooong time trying to negate or override what her client did. JW could have spoken for hours and it still won't pretty-up or make anyone forget her client's parting shots that are on the record and will remain as a legacy to carry over to any dreamed about appeal. She cemented the reality of the monster that we all knew she was. I think she seriously miscalculated the effect her statement would have. I'd like to know just what wilmott was warning her not to say, assuming lawyer was allowed to read the statement at all. I'm sure if cmja had more time during that little break, there'd be editing and rewriting up the wazoo by lawyer. There was emotion (anger) behind it and it overrode any common sense.

JA won't be able to successfully claim incompetence of defense and win that on appeal. She got a very aggressive defense, her defense team fought for her every single step of the way. This will ensure she really does stay in prison for life and every appeal attempt will be fruitless.

I think JSS had this long view in mind the whole way through. Keep the murderess in prison for the rest of her life, lock down any chance for a successful appeal.

Will Nurmi trying to quit (again) right after she was sentenced and saying the killer wouldn't communicate with him, or whatever he said, will that help her claim he didn't assist in her defense?

Keifer on camera along with Willy & MLDR, he's sticking close to his buddies

I don't know what I'm watching on youtube .... whether it's current or delayed or what ... but Willmott just said it shoud have been a '2nd degree case'.

2nd degree case!!!!!

On what planet would that be then, because is sure as hell ain't planet Earth.

:gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member