VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though not required, motive may need needed in this case for a jury to understand, Imo, especially if COD is questionable and it is too late to determine if a sexual assault took place...jmo

They can take their pick from any of the several we have put forward :) Without a confession, it is always hard to know what the motive really is - it is always prosecutor against the defense IMO. I get what you mean though, obviously the more evidence they have to backup their case the better. I've looked into the CA and his past cases and he seems pretty adept at prosecuting murders and getting a conviction. I'll share more on that once an arrest has been made.

To put it simply, don't question your instincts. How many cases have we all been on? And how often do we collectively feel that something is OFF when it comes to funding and family motivations and behavior? I would say sometimes, but it's usually justified. It isn't like we aren't used to seeing how grieving families react in crisis. And how often do we support the victim's family? Almost always, unless there is significant reason not to, IMO. And finally, how often do we ever feel this disgusted over and over regarding the family's behavior? I've been reading WS for 7 yrs and haven't seen a circus such as this one yet (Casey Anthony comes close though!) The answers will come in time, and this will all make sense. The majority of us here feel that something isn't right within the family. Our differing opinions seem not to be regarding whether something is or isn't right, but rather, what exactly is causing this to be so wrong.

As a recent benchmark, look at Hannah Graham's family. Now look at AJ's.

Well said, thank you for putting voice to what many of us who have following this case, myself included, have been feeling.

Do we know of anyone that meets these criteria who may spend a lot of time in Murfreesboro, NC? A yes or no would be enough, since we cannot name suspects not named as such in MSM. But the house sits on a relatively direct route from Norfolk to Murfreesboro. That's the closest logical destination along that route.

We are still on the same wavelength and a restounding YES to your question.

Do we know of anyone that meets these criteria who may spend a lot of time in Murfreesboro, NC? A yes or no would be enough, since we cannot name suspects not named as such in MSM. But the house sits on a relatively direct route from Norfolk to Murfreesboro. That's the closest logical destination along that route.

there seems to be a last name connection yes

I was watching the recent you tube video tribute to AJ, beautiful pictures which really shows her spirit. What struck me was all the pictures with her family, but I didn't see one picture of WH included . I also believe I saw a picture of ZH with AJ which made me really happy. It was 2:10 into the tribute. I think it was ZH. It seems whoever did this tribute specifically did not include WH. I watched it twice and didn't see him. It's on thread 14, page 37, # 924 the link for the tribute. So, I don't feel the same person put that together that wrote the obit. If JH did the tribute video then it's possible another " spokesperson" did the obit. It's almost like it was a message in the video not to include any pictures of WH and AJ. If I am wrong I stand corrected.
:loveyou:

I have been waiting for someone to point this out!

To put it simply, don't question your instincts. How many cases have we all been on? And how often do we collectively feel that something is OFF when it comes to funding and family motivations and behavior? I would say sometimes, but it's usually justified. It isn't like we aren't used to seeing how grieving families react in crisis. And how often do we support the victim's family? Almost always, unless there is significant reason not to, IMO. And finally, how often do we ever feel this disgusted over and over regarding the family's behavior? I've been reading WS for 7 yrs and haven't seen a circus such as this one yet (Casey Anthony comes close though!) The answers will come in time, and this will all make sense. The majority of us here feel that something isn't right within the family. Our differing opinions seem not to be regarding whether something is or isn't right, but rather, what exactly is causing this to be so wrong.

As a recent benchmark, look at Hannah Graham's family. Now look at AJ's.

I really, really hope they come sooner rather than later, especially for those who love her. If and when anyone is indicted for involvement, that legal process of going to trial (unless they take an agreement or plead guilty) can take such a long time.

I hope the truth that comes out is not more horrifying than it already seems to be.

It is so hard to try to be fair and yet have strong gut feelings about certain people, but I know you are right. :sick:

I was so happy to see that picture of ZH and AJ. I felt like whoever put the video together was saying that ZH was so important in her life. He was very important!

I am off to school. You guys figure this all out while I am gone :seeya:

With all due respect, there is nothing thus far to indicate they distorted or withheld any information about anything you mentioned above to law enforcement.

JMO

I think we actually do know that they distorted/withheld a proper timeline. The missing persons report says they last saw her at 7:30am Monday. WH later told police he saw her that afternoon.

I think we actually do know that they distorted/withheld a proper timeline. The missing persons report says they last saw her at 7:30am Monday. WH later told police he saw her that afternoon.

The obstruction charges cement in writing the fact that he was...at minimum...attempting to distort information.

Good point. I'll start a list.

Suspect must:
1. have familiarity with and not stick out in AJ's neighborhood.
2. have familiarity with Southampton house location and/or route through area to NC
3. know AJ was home that week.

Suspect may:
1. work with WH.
2. have access to blue/black van.

I would reconsider #3. If it was someone who didn't know she was home for spring break, they may have thought they were going into a house where no one was home. The fact that she was there and surprised him could have resulted in her death.

In Morgan Harrington's case, police kept saying LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION when speaking about who her perp was. The location where the body is found is a huge clue to LE!

I would reconsider #3. If it was someone who didn't know she was home for spring break, they may have thought they were going into a house where no one was home. The fact that she was there and surprised him could have resulted in her death.

True, but someone with no attachment to AJ wouldn't have felt the need to hide her body. Could have just left her in the house, if it was a stranger that broke in and found her. Plus we have nothing saying there was a breakin or forced entry.

I feel there's a lot of betrayal and second guessing going on. Most of us have been betrayed at some point, and you sit back and say WOW, how did I not see that coming? They were hiding their true colors all this time!

We know of WH's past due to court records. But I wonder what story he told about his prison terms? I wonder if anyone truly knew the whole story, or WH's story only? There's an elderly couple in my area. The man is 82. His wife kept saying he was in a nursing home, and truly no one questioned it. BUT, he wasn't in a nursing home, he was in jail for sexual molestation of minor!!!

my thinking behind number three is working with the idea that the perp is still connected somehow to WH or the family because of the location of the cell phone search & location of body. If they knew the family enough to know AJ was away at school I can assume they would know she was around for spring break. She had already been around for the fight during the weekend, friends had already seen her, etc so unless this is 100% random (which it could definitely be!) I think it's good to keep #3 in mind MOO

(I want to add that I think WH knew AJ's school schedule whether it was because he was still in touch with JH or was making it his business on his own. My opinion of course)

I was watching the recent you tube video tribute to AJ, beautiful pictures which really shows her spirit. What struck me was all the pictures with her family, but I didn't see one picture of WH included . I also believe I saw a picture of ZH with AJ which made me really happy. It was 2:10 into the tribute. I think it was ZH. It seems whoever did this tribute specifically did not include WH. I watched it twice and didn't see him. It's on thread 14, page 37, # 924 the link for the tribute. So, I don't feel the same person put that together that wrote the obit. If JH did the tribute video then it's possible another " spokesperson" did the obit. It's almost like it was a message in the video not to include any pictures of WH and AJ. If I am wrong I stand corrected.

The link to the tribute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEaYJ-YSbio&feature=youtu.be

True, but someone with no attachment to AJ wouldn't have felt the need to hide her body. Could have just left her in the house, if it was a stranger that broke in and found her. Plus we have nothing saying there was a breakin or forced entry.

I'm not saying they did not know her. Just saying they may not have known she was there. But even if it was a stranger, that doesn't mean he would leave her there. Strangers who kill have definitely been known to move their victims.

Coming out of lurkdom again, hugs to everyone here. My mind keeps drifting to the thought of WH indeed being heavily involved but not the primary perp? Only a consideration but when using Occam's razor, perhaps makes more sense as to why he seemed to immerse himself in the centre of the case and made, what seem to be, reckless and stupid choices....because he was covering for someone close rather than actually being directly responsible? Just a thought, would say JMO but not sure it is my opinion but just something that's been niggling away today.

I feel there's a lot of betrayal and second guessing going on. Most of us have been betrayed at some point, and you sit back and say WOW, how did I not see that coming? They were hiding their true colors all this time!

We know of WH's past due to court records. But I wonder what story he told about his prison terms? I wonder if anyone truly knew the whole story, or WH's story only? There's an elderly couple in my area. The man is 82. His wife kept saying he was in a nursing home, and truly no one questioned it. BUT, he wasn't in a nursing home, he was in jail for sexual molestation of minor!!!

That's so awful, so sad!

And you're right, the old adage says "hindsight is 20/20." I think in the beginning he painted himself as a victim of love. (Vomit). His story was that he and his wife ran away together to get away from her father who hated him - her father that had him brought up on charges. His wife had been on the run with him willingly when he robbed that bank, but he took the rap for both of them. I'm sure he pointed out that the assault, rape, and kidnapping charges were dropped and the original indictment for assault was vacated. I think he was able to make this very believable, and I'm sure his mom and sister backed up his story. Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak