Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, I am sure it is here somewhere. What exactly did the murderer mutter when she finally admitted that Travis was still conscious when she slit his throat. Something about previous trial but I can't make it out. TIA

IIRC that was when she started to say "As I said when I testified...." and she caught herself and changed it to "I would have testified....." I took it to mean when she was 'prevented' from testifying any further in secret, but she was saying she would have testified that she remembered when she put the knife in his neck. She's evil.

I was ticked at first, too, then I realized that she didn't say that exactly.

Please note the distinction: JSS acknowledged (legally strategic move - leave no room for appeal) that arias 'expressed' remorse - no way did she acknowledge arias had it.

This time, semantics were working in our favor, lol!

I noticed the same thing. She didn't say "her remorse" but rather "her expressed remorse". Here is the start of JSS's statement. Of course we can figure that she meant "her purported remorse" or something that effect.
https://youtu.be/Er0Fzaar_9Y?t=31m15s

The whole remorse business is stupid to me in this case: If she was defending herself and only did why she needed to in order to save her life, why should she be sorry for anything she did?

I believe the trash she spoke today was not planned and done on the fly. Yes, I believe it was written, but written quickly today. If you watch the video she is doing a lot of pausing while looking down. One instant of that is right after she said TA was alive when she slit his throat.....long pause...then she goes on to say because he was still attacking her.
IMO, she was pissed at what the TA's family had to say about her and also Juan. She could not help herself. The narcissist had to get up and get in her final jabs at the family.

Wonder how she enjoyed her trip?? She hasn't been on a drive like that in a loooooong time. Hope they took the scenic route :copcar: :desert::behindbar.

Didn't JA say she always wanted to travel? LOL she should thank Az for giving her the trip.

Kathy Monkman @katiecoolady · 3h 3 hours ago
Was holding this precious baby as the sentence was delivered. #circleoflife

And she added that he was still attacking her at the time. I imagine he was trying to DEFEND himself at the time, but if he had been in any shape to fend her off, it would have been impossible for her to accomplish the throat cutting. That was not some desperate slashing. She would have needed physical leverage.

Unbelievable, right? He was attacking her, but he was the one with defensive wounds on his hands. I don't know a single woman who would fight for her life, leaving her adult male attacker dead (3 different ways), while coming away unmarked, but for what I believe is a cut on her hand from the knife she wielded. And she outran and outclimbed him, too, when she went for the gun. And she didn't even know she'd have to defend herself by killing him when she planned to visit him hauling all that gasoline! What amazing bad luck!

Thank goodness it's over!!!
I wish I could embrace the Alexander Family. I heard the sisters' statements while driving- could not stop crying. I only wish they didn't have to hear what the evil one spewed. Heck. I wish I hadn't heard it...how sickening. JA welcomes death...have at it.
Haven't heard JSS pronounce sentence, so off to find it online.
Rest Travis. It's over.

On the other hand, JA's comments made it clear that Sam had really gotten under her skin, and JA has always tried to hide that. It seemed like JA wasn't planning on giving a statement, and that JW tried to talk her out of it.

Maybe a ringtone or recording someone in the room had queued up to interrupt Jodi's babbling? It appeared to really offend the killer. :steamed: LOL

A great plan that would have been! But, it was in fact a baby fussing. Not even alot of fussing, just a little bit and the killer turned around and glared!

I believe the trash she spoke today was not plan and done on the fly. Yes, I believe it was written, but written quickly today. If you watch the video she is do a lot of pausing while looking down. One instant of that is right after she said TA was alive when she slit his throat.....long pause...then she goes on to say because he was still attacking her.
IMO, she was pissed at what the TA's family had to say about her and also Juan. She could not help herself. The narcissist had to get up and get in her final jabs at the family.
I totally agree. I don't think she had any intention on speaking until the sisters got up. ..she wanted to rub salt in their wounds! It was a last minute decision.

Is there anywhere I can hear Tanisha shout "Burn in hell!"? I missed that bit

I believe the trash she spoke today was not plan and done on the fly. Yes, I believe it was written, but written quickly today. If you watch the video she is do a lot of pausing while looking down. One instant of that is right after she said TA was alive when she slit his throat.....long pause...then she goes on to say because he was still attacking her.

I agree, Killer's "speech" was not very well put together and seems she was reading and a few things ended mid-sentence on the paper, forcing her to stammer for words then pause to regroup. She probably had jotted a quick outline after Juan, Sam and Tanisha pissed her off. Narcissistic psychopath that she is, she is incapable of letting things go; she had to respond. Even at times when it is to her best advantage to let it go, she cannot do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa