Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a comforting way of looking at it. I hope it was a setup, and can actually entertain the idea that it was because the Alexanders and Martinez all know the killer well enough to know she cannot resist any kind of bait.
That is exactly what I was thinking. She went for the bait. They know her well. Its part of the record now.

What an epic way for that baby to start its little precious life! How many babies can say they trolled a narcissistic murderess during her maniacal rantings?

I think she was saying that the defense team didn't think it was a good idea for her to testify. Probably because they saw shades of Jodi in her. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, that is clear in this situation from what I've seen today.

Aren't you all kind of worried that Sandy or her twin might have given birth to another Jodi? Even if it's in the generation after Jodi? This "apple not falling far from the tree" reality has me thinking there's another Arias in the wrong track.

"We didn't call him a pedophile, Judge"

What a load of crap. The defense said Travis:
1. Had *advertiser censored*, possibly teen/child *advertiser censored* on his computer
2. Had pics of young boys on computer file at Bishops house
3. "He knew" what a 12 year old girl having an orgasm sounded like
4. Had toys for children and that he had Jodi "play" with a red train car once in his bedroom
5. Masturbated to pic of 6 yr old boy
6 that Jodi kept having sex with Travis bcse it helped him feel normal
7. That she got angry when he went to his friends home where there were young kids
8. Spider man underwear

I know I've left some out....

That is exactly what I was thinking. She went for the bait. They know her well. Its part of the record now.

And on every plea for appeal and leniency, Juan can cue up the tape of her talking about how he was conscious when she slit his throat.. And that she remember sticking the knife in.. So much for the fog.......

She is a monster. Truly.. Not repentant at all..

As I said earlier today, I think her hate for Travis is all consuming and in her mind his siblings are nothing more than an extension of him. I absolutely think she said that simply to hurt the family. We will never know if it is true, but the reason she said those words today was to take one finale swipe at them, thus one final swipe at Travis. Evil to her core!

IIRC, it was confirmed by the ME: TA was conscious when he had his throat cut; he had staggered down the hall to get away from her.
What is unspeakable is her glee in the fact that the fog was never there and she has no compunction about telling emotional details.

My heart has always been with Travis's siblings and it still is. I hope that they can finally, mourn and grieve in peace. There is a special place in hell for those who have tormented them. Rest easy, Travis.

I thought i saw JSS nod in agreement to TA's sister when she said Life on the Row would have been an appropriate sentence. Life Without the Possibility of Parole served on Death Row. Was I imagining my ideal sentence or did I really see and hear that?

What a haute B word. How dare she correct Travis's sisters during these closing remarks. Her upbringing just did not offer the opportunity to teach her proper manners. She is classless and belongs on Death Row. It is reprehensible that the Alexander's offered "imprisonment until natural life" and she refused the offer in order to drag this process on and on. She is wretched.

Travis Alexander will be remembered as a young man with great potential whose life was cut short when he fell victim to fatal domestic abuse. I hope he is remembered as the laughing, good-natured guy that they all loved. Long may his memory live through his loved ones. May Peace be with the Alexander's as they walk into their future with the security that their brother was loved and justice was served.

JMHO

I believe the trash she spoke today was not plan and done on the fly. Yes, I believe it was written, but written quickly today. If you watch the video she is do a lot of pausing while looking down. One instant of that is right after she said TA was alive when she slit his throat.....long pause...then she goes on to say because he was still attacking her.
IMO, she was pissed at what the TA's family had to say about her and also Juan. She could not help herself. The narcissist had to get up and get in her final jabs at the family.

I don't know if she did it on the fly. I don't think so though knowing how she does everything by planning it. She may have added to it though as she heard the victim impact statements.

The long pause was purposeful. She paused because she wanted that image to set in the minds of Travis's family. She said it because she never wants them to forget it. It was one of the cruelest statements I have ever heard by a defendant at sentencing. It shows how cruel and wicked she truly is. It was one last chance to twist the 'knife' even deeper into a family she has constantly tried to destroy. She wants them to know he knew what was happening to him as his throat was slit ear to ear.

As far as her babble about Juan and which weapon she used first that was done because she thought it gave her the upper hand on Juan who she is so jealous of that it also has become an obsession. He is the one that exposed what was under her mask. She doesn't even comprehend that shooting a man in the head first and then stabbing him 29 times and slitting his throat ear to ear is just as evil as if the gun was fired last. Either way it is macabre, cruel, and overkill. She is such a psychopath with full blown narcissistic traits she thinks that somehow makes her seem less evil when it doesn't.

To the very end it was all about Arias and doing as much damage as she possibly could............not only to Travis and his good name but to his good family. She hates that they truly are united. THEY don't have to pretend or lie about him being a good man. They know. They don't have to pretend that they loved him more than they can ever express. THEY love genuinely and suffer true pain and anguish over losing Travis. Arias has no sympathy for anyone other than herself. She does not understand how others can truly love so deeply and be so bonded.

Imo, her family has to pretend she was a good person. They have to lie in order to say those things. She knows she has never had the bond that Travis and his siblings have and she resents the hell out of it. That is why she must put them down. By putting them down she foolishly thinks it makes her look better. That is what psychopaths do. Always getting even with those who knows their true colors. The only ones accepted are those who are willing to lie for them trying to put them in a better light.

IMO

Aren't you all kind of worried that Sandy or her twin might have given birth to another Jodi? Even if it's in the generation after Jodi? This "apple not falling far from the tree" reality has me thinking there's another Arias in the wrong track.

I will worry when something happens that is cause for worry. There is no point in dwelling on each and every possibility of what might happen in the future.

As for family inheriting the killer gene, yeah I suppose that is possible. But consider other killers with family members who are fine, upstanding citizens. The Unabomber comes to mind--it was actually his brother who turned him in once he figured it out from reading the manifesto. I am sure there are many others but I'm too tired to pick anything useful from my brain right now.

Of course there are instances where killing/violent behaviors run in families but I say, why go there now. If it happens in Arias' or any family, hopefully someone will catch on early enough to intervene but in the meantime, it may be best to not borrow trouble.

That's the new tactic. Just like in this phase, say we had witnesses that saw bruises but we couldn't call them because of the threats an' all. If nothing else, they think it'll be ineffective assistance.

Sandy is trying to write a book, no doubt. Now that the Ariases are free from their debts (via bankruptcy), they can collect everything from interviews and book deals. I would take anything she says as book promotion and interview seeking. She's going to bear Jodi's banner and make sure this never ends........ Guess she and Jodi both will soon find out.....

Bettybabyoo, Sandys interview was disgusting. Her claim that Jodi spent her life helping others is a joke. The whole family is a freak show.

What was the "settlement" JA wanted? Was she asking to pled down to manslaughter or something? I can't remember the details but I do recall her promising to make life hell if she didn't get the "settlement" she wanted.

IIRC, Jodi tried to plead second degree, or else......

She'd better start worrying about "settlement" issues for real, 'cos restitution is not going to go in her favor. They can dock something like 50% of her wages and AFAIK all of the gifts to her commissary fund. I'm hoping she gets to clean toilets at the lowest wage (10 cents per hour) and has her pay docked so she only nets 5 cents per hour. That's an 8-hour day to buy a soda pop, for a who's never held onto a half-baked job in her life. No negotiation on wages or work assignment. Bwahahaha!

So, now Jodi's case is finally "settled".

I'd like to know what Flores and Martinez thought of JA's final statement. Would love to have been able to see them when it was said.

Another poster noted that Det. Flores leaned over and whispered to JM when JA said Travis was alive when she slashed his throat.

You can see the back of Det. Flores and JM when JSS announces the sentence. JM doesn't react, but poor Flores moves around in his chair in an obvious release of pent up tension. Makes me wonder if he didn't trust JSS to give her LWOP. These two fine men can now move on with their lives. They put a monster away for life. Bravo!

Scroll down to short video for Det. Flores reaction at .52 min.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3036542/Jodi-Arias-learn-fate-sentencing-hearing.html

I agree the 'fog' was not real, but Travis was not stabbed in the throat. The only reason JA would have said that was to be mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa