SC - Walter Scott, 50, fatally shot by North Charleston PD officer, 4 April 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Me again. Another reminder.

It's not OK to find a way around the websites we have censored.

If you type in an address and it comes out like this ********* that means the site is not allowed on Websleuths. Please, do not type it out with a space between the letters or make it into a tinyurl.

Let's stick with facts please.

Thank you.

I'm sorry but there is no way to tell from that blurry screen grab ....
bbm

Tawny
You are right: it is blurry, hard to tell what's happening in cellphone vid and screen grab.

Wish it was clearer.
My techy gene is recessive, so I don't have brain power to dissect vid, and lay out, say, 20, 100 pix to show us more.
Maybe someone else here does?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a34_1428447128

The scuffle (on the ground) is unclear. In the video (11-12 sec mark) Officer Slager is holding onto Mr. Scott's right wrist with his left hand. Officer Scott is reaching for his right hip with his right hand (presumably reaching for his firearm). Mr. Scott's right hand is not seen. Where is the taser at this point? Clearly in the frame it isn't on the ground yet. (13 sec mark) Mr. Scott frees himself from the Officer's grip at that point you see (presumably the taser)
roll past the officer on the ground.

It is true that the scuffle on the ground is unclear (because the camera was erratically moving all over the place) but if you are able to freeze-frame the video at the precise moment (at about the 4 second mark) it appears that Scott had the upper hand over officer Slager who is on the ground. I posted a screen-grab of this interaction earlier but the link to the picture has been deleted by the mods because the picture (which was simply a screen grab from a video that has been posted on EVERY mainstream media website in the world - nothing more - nothing less) was posted to a non-MSM website.

I for one am glad if the guy who took the video has an attorney. It seems as though some people are painting him out to be a liar, and a criminal with some sort of hidden agenda. Smh

LOL I lived thru the Anthony trial. After what they did to Kronk I would say it would be a good idea for Santana
to have an attorney.

so are you saying that for 1 second scott had the upper hand and this made the officer in fear for his life....one second....I just have a really hard time believing that. on another note, maybe you could grab this screen shot yourself and then it would be okay here. If not you maybe someone else....I'm so surprised,,,(not really) that no one else on the police force, in the media or anywhere else has gotten this except for that one site with the bad reputation. I believe if any of the stuff at that page was true everybody else would be saying it too....Don't they all want the big story, the big headline....

I agree with your first statement, that that part of the video is worthless. Below is the first clear shot that I can find in the video.

KPYCSul.jpg

I did not say that that part of the video "is worthless" just the opposite! While it is very blurry and not as clear as the "first clear shot" that you posted - this screen grab (the link to which has been deleted unfortunately) shows officer Slager on the ground and Mr Scott seemingly with the upper hand in a VIOLENT confrontation in which officer Slager claimed that Scott "grabbed" his taser.

Whatever is happening in this blurry screen-grab - one thing is VERY clear. Officer Slager was NOT "in control" of the situation as claimed by the eyewitness/videographer AND furthermore Officer Slagers life was very much in danger!

I can't imagine what it was like for officer Slager to be in such a terrifying situation. No doubt his Adrenalin would have been pumping in overdrive during these horrific seconds when he was faced with the decision to kill or be killed. What would you choose? What would any of us choose? If I was officer Slager I am sure that I would choose to come home to my expectant wife. Sadly he is sitting behind bars and denied bail. In just a few weeks his first child (a boy or a girl?) will be born and officer Slager will be BANNED from holding his first born :(

it's a shame that a person isn't allowed to be a good Samaritan anymore. If he doesn't get a lawyer, he's fair game and gets ripped to shreds. I'm wondering what other countries are thinking right now? Right or wrong, the USA labels some countries, 'enter at your own risk', but then those countries look at us and see cops gunning unarmed people down in the streets... and I bet they think we're a land full of hypocrites. moo.

:goodpost:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a34_1428447128

The scuffle (on the ground) is unclear. In the video (11-12 sec mark) Officer Slager is holding onto Mr. Scott's right wrist with his left hand. Officer Scott is reaching for his right hip with his right hand (presumably reaching for his firearm). Mr. Scott's right hand is not seen. Where is the taser at this point? Clearly in the frame it isn't on the ground yet. (13 sec mark) Mr. Scott frees himself from the Officer's grip at that point you see (presumably the taser)
roll past the officer on the ground.

The thing which sort of rolled on the ground between Scott and Slager at the 12 second mark is Scott's baseball cap. I think that is what people are mistaking for the cartridge? It's definately the hat. In some other frame by frame type photo's one can see the cap falling off Scott as he turns to run.

I can't help but post this.

This time it began with a broken taillight. Slager had stopped a car being driven by Scott because the taillight was out; either a revenue stop aimed at collecting a fine for the North Charleston coffers or a harassment stop. Either way, a dumb way to use the time of any cop. These things hardly ever occur in largely white, suburban areas of this country. And only rarely does it happen in big cities where cops are more professional, better trained and busy doing real policing.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/13/the-man-who-watched-walter-scott-die.html

bbm Are there any facts to back up what the writer of this article has stated? I would love to know what is meant by real policing. This is why I stop reading an article as soon as a see bias in their writing like this. jmo idk

Why was this a "dumb" stop? Officer Slager discovered that Walter Scott was driving a vehicle that not only had a faulty tail light - but MORE IMPORTANTLY - did not seem to be insured. What would have happened had Scott got into a serious accident? What would happen if he ran over a pedestrian? That pedestrian would not be covered by insurance.

I did not say that that part of the video "is worthless" just the opposite! While it is very blurry and not as clear as the "first clear shot" that you posted - this screen grab (the link to which has been deleted unfortunately) shows officer Slager on the ground and Mr Scott seemingly with the upper hand in a VIOLENT confrontation in which officer Slager claimed that Scott "grabbed" his taser.

Whatever is happening in this blurry screen-grab - one thing is VERY clear. Officer Slager was NOT "in control" of the situation as claimed by the eyewitness/videographer AND furthermore Officer Slagers life was very much in danger!

I can't imagine what it was like for officer Slager to be in such a terrifying situation. No doubt his Adrenalin would have been pumping in overdrive during these horrific seconds when he was faced with the decision to kill or be killed. What would you choose? What would any of us choose? If I was officer Slager I am sure that I would choose to come home to my expectant wife. Sadly he is sitting behind bars and denied bail. In just a few weeks his first child (a boy or a girl?) will be born and officer Slager will be BANNED from holding his first born :(

Kill or be killed? Are we watching the same video? Violent struggle, officer terrified. I've not seen or read that anywhere. I did however see an unarmed man get shot in the back repeatedly while running away after being tazard. If anyone was terrified at that time I'm going to guess it was Mr. Scott, and it would seem he had good reason to be terrified.

My point isn't that the car was stolen or not, my point is that once Officer Slager returned to his cruiser with the driver's license, Officer Slager must have discovered something serious enough to engage in a foot pursuit. I doubt if he would have done so just because somebody had no working brake lamps. I think if that were the case, he would have let Scott run and just impounded the car.

JMO

Nope.

After the murder Slager told his supervisor, "I don't understand why he took off like that. I don't know why he'd run." And then, as if gunning down an unarmed man from behind wasn't enough to illustrate his complete disregard for human life, he followed up with...... "Whatever." :rolleyes:

At about 5:20 http://www.abcnews4.com/story/28783...eone-during-phone-call-moments-after-shooting

And incidentally, in the phone call that was recorded at the beginning of this video he said he "just shot someone" because "he got my taser." Not because "he assaulted me," not because "he used my own taser on me," not because "I feared for my life,"... because "he got my taser." So can we please stop with the ridiculous conspiracy theory, complete with photoshopped screen grabs, that Scott tasered Slager?

but MORE IMPORTANTLY - did not seem to be insured. What would have happened had Scott got into a serious accident? What would happen if he ran over a pedestrian? That pedestrian would not be covered by insurance.

Regarding insurance, first of all the CAR is insured, not the driver. If the car was NOT insured then presumably it would be the current owners problem.

Secondly here in Georgia the police don't have to ask for proof of insurance, they just run the plates through the state computer. They could also run the plates before ever pulling someone over.

What you said was "of COURSE you should consider the car stolen".

And it is not imperative that I, nor any other poster do so.

By saying that anyone should of course consider the car stolen, I would expect a MSM link of some kind to back that up.

You can, I am sure, see how otherwise that may be inflammatory and inciting.

No, it is just speculation like most are doing here. Look up the meaning of consider.

LE have not said Scott stole the car. And if you have a link that states otherwise, please post it. Victim bashing is not allowed.

Again, I never said he did. Please go back and read my posts. TIA

Nope.

After the murder Slager told his supervisor, "I don't understand why he took off like that. I don't know why he'd run." And then, as if gunning down an unarmed man from behind wasn't enough to illustrate his complete disregard for human life, he followed up with...... "Whatever." :rolleyes:

At about 5:20 http://www.abcnews4.com/story/28783...eone-during-phone-call-moments-after-shooting

And incidentally, in the phone call that was recorded at the beginning of this video he said he "just shot someone" because "he got my taser." Not because "he assaulted me," not because "he used my own taser on me," not because "I feared for my life,"... because "he got my taser." So can we please stop with the ridiculous conspiracy theory, complete with photoshopped screen grabs, that Scott tasered Slager?

That is not what I heard. I hope people listen to this. jmo idk

[h=1]Passenger: Walter Scott was dear friend, ‘helped me to become a better man’[/h]“Walter was a dear friend, and I miss him every day,” Fulton stated in a release from Charleston attorney Mark Peper. “Over the past five years, he helped me to become a better man and showed me the value of hard work. I’ll never know why he ran, but I know he didn’t deserve to die. Please keep Walter and his family in your prayers and respect my privacy moving forward.”
http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150413/PC16/150419740/1177

What I'm getting from this thread is that very little is worth a man's life: as walking in the middle of the road; driving without insurance; outstanding warrants; strong arming a store keeper, "burn the ***** down"; scuffling with LE; etc, etc. It seems all a miscreant has to do these days is RUN, and there ain't much LE can do. Sure, they can chase, if they can catch them, and sure they can look for them, if they know who they are, amongst a group of people too frightened to "snitch", or, or, or...?

Bottom line is, folks, RUN and if something bad happens Sharpton, or others in the new American cottage industry, will come out shouting, the media will slant in your favor, and you may become the next civil rights icon like MB. Hell, maybe a politician will come out in your favor. Sounds like a fine new America to me.

Nope.

Um, when someone tries to take and/or gets control of an officer's taser, his life is in danger.

Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member