Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A relative who lives in the Netherlands claimed that Stanford was autistic.

'Vincent had lots of jobs as a cleaner, and as a mariner on a cargo ship. But he's not all there. He's autistic. It runs in our family,' he said.

'It's not just a guess. When I visited Vincent did not speak or make eye contact. he was completely in his own world.

'He can only do a job if someone is guiding him and helping him and telling him exactly what to do.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-call-psycho-violent-rages.html#ixzz3XLJTfj3d
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Very sad, for him and his family. And for poor, poor Stephanie.

Ok, so I think that the screen grabs posted in the article linked above are totally sensationalising the whole gamer side of the story now. These are the type of games that lots of people are playing these days. It also bugs me that the limited visible online presence being cited dates from a couple of years back at least. Not sticking up for the guy, but this is still crappy journalism - padding out their stories with info meant to shock. And really - is that one RIP comment about Hess the basis of the supposed neo-nazi connection?
Having said that, there are a few lovely photos of Stephanie which I hadn't seen before included (I hope they are printed with her family's permission). She looked like such a bubbly soul :(

Ok, so I think that the screen grabs posted in the article linked above are totally sensationalising the whole gamer side of the story now. These are the type of games that lots of people are playing these days. It also bugs me that the limited visible online presence being cited dates from a couple of years back at least. Not sticking up for the guy, but this is still crappy journalism - padding out their stories with info meant to shock. And really - is that one RIP comment about Hess the basis of the supposed neo-nazi connection?
Having said that, there are a few lovely photos of Stephanie which I hadn't seen before included (I hope they are printed with her family's permission). She looked like such a bubbly soul :(
Agreed. Totally sensationalised in regards to his gaming habits. Hes not the only person in the world thats played these games!

Im not surprised about the info coming out about possibly being Autistic or having some sort of mental incapacity though.

A neighbour in Zoetermeer described the family as recluses.

'Every one else on the street knows each other but they didn't interact with anyone,' she said.

'They had eight or nine cats which was strange and their house was filthy. The garden was a like a jungle.

'They left about a year ago. They disappeared overnight without paying their rent or bills so they had to break the door down to get in.

'Vincent was always polite but strange.'

There was a tray of kittylitter in the house ,among the unpacked boxes, in Leeton, too.. .

Their house in Zoetermeer must have really stood out, it is very very unusual in Holland . Tidiness is in the Dutch DNA.
And this 'illness' this autism spectrum alluded to... . I know families with one child afflicted, and they don't seem to fall over like this family has ,it's as if it has taken over all four lives, five if you count Mr Stanford.. their lives are not run on it.. I honestly cant see how this affliction of one son can result in all this trouble, an entire family as recluses, a filthy house, a jungle garden , a sudden run 3/4 way round the world over night leaving probably the cats, and bills and god knows what. . it has to be something else..

There was a tray of kittylitter in the house ,among the unpacked boxes, in Leeton, too.. .

I am almost certain that in a photo posted earlier there was a cat in the window as well.

and he must have come under some sort of medical attention in Holland. .. .I wonder if he slipped under the radar back here in AU.. maybe the medication he was prescribed had side effects he couldn't stand so he jibbed at taking them.. maybe he didn't even seek any treatment here in AU..But isn't Mum a nurse?? it is all so awful.

I am almost certain that in a photo posted earlier there was a cat in the window as well.

I don't think we need to get too hung up on whether people have cats or not. A lot of people have cats - some people quite a few (although 8* is a bit extreme). I have two cats, and I'm relatively tidy and haven't murdered anyone as yet (and I spent about 4 hours raking leaves earlier today as their untidiness bugs me!).

All that stuff from Holland is 100% hearsay. Did the person quoted have a tidiness obsession (such that anything out of place was considered by them to be a mess)? I'm not defending the guy, but a lot of the hearsay reporting will turn out to be nonsense. One man's natural garden is another man's jungle. Some of it may turn out to be true, but at this stage it is just worthless sound-bytes from people inserting themselves into the media reporting.

* If they did indeed have 8 cats.

and a lot of 'hearsay' reporting turns out to be absolutely on the money, whereas a lot of contributions to these websleuth forums from folk who take an opposing position on anything and maintain it throughout are usually prone to making claims of being 'tidy' and of an unmurdering type, although no possible way of checking this is offered.. so...

I think the whole concept of the family doing a midnight flit all the way to Australia has a certain clang of truth in it.. as to how Griffith and Leeton ever got to be the destination is still in the realms of mystery..... this is all such a peculiar and terrible story.

I don't think we need to get too hung up on whether people have cats or not. A lot of people have cats - some people quite a few (although 8* is a bit extreme). I have two cats, and I'm relatively tidy and haven't murdered anyone as yet (and I spent about 4 hours raking leaves earlier today as their untidiness bugs me!).

All that stuff from Holland is 100% hearsay. Did the person quoted have a tidiness obsession (such that anything out of place was considered by them to be a mess)? I'm not defending the guy, but a lot of the hearsay reporting will turn out to be nonsense. One man's natural garden is another man's jungle. Some of it may turn out to be true, but at this stage it is just worthless sound-bytes from people inserting themselves into the media reporting.

* If they did indeed have 8 cats.

I'm not getting hung up on the fact that they had a cat, I was merely replying to Tropper's comment about a kitty litter tray with my observation of a cat in the window ;)

My random guess is they ended up in Leeton due to cheap housing options. When someone posted the sale listing of the house they're renting, I was gobsmacked at how cheap it is ($179k). Coming from the suburbs of Melbourne, even the surrounding country areas, you'd be lucky to get a dump under $300k. I think cheap rent could have sent them there, given everything suggesting they are in no way affluent.

On one hand, someone diagnosed with low functioning autism - who requires another person to explain step by step, guide and help him to do every job ... well it doesn't strike me as someone who would be able to do what he has done.

On the other hand, if he was known to fly into rages, perhaps that's why his mum and brother knew he was capable of hurting someone. It could also explain why he was so sloppy and was caught so quickly.

I don't like this new focus on his poor family. IMO they are victims too, they have had their lives ruined by him and now they're being harassed, stalked for photos and having their lives dug up and plasterer end all over the internet with comments like "Marcus didn't have any friends either, he couldn't stick up for himself, he walked away when he was teased".

I think some journalists need to write down 'fluffer' as their profession. Whipping things up to get people excited. Not cool.

Local gossip is disturbing :( I'm not a verified insider, so I can't share, but there's a lot to come out here... There's theories in here that seem to be spot on :(
I know that not all gods is true, but if even half of it is somewhat correct then........ *shakes head with sadness*

My random guess is they ended up in Leeton due to cheap housing options. When someone posted the sale listing of the house they're renting, I was gobsmacked at how cheap it is ($179k). Coming from the suburbs of Melbourne, even the surrounding country areas, you'd be lucky to get a dump under $300k. I think cheap rent could have sent them there, given everything suggesting they are in no way affluent.
That's what I thought too.

On one hand, someone diagnosed with low functioning autism - who requires another person to explain step by step, guide and help him to do every job ... well it doesn't strike me as someone who would be able to do what he has done.

On the other hand, if he was known to fly into rages, perhaps that's why his mum and brother knew he was capable of hurting someone. It could also explain why he was so sloppy and was caught so quickly.

I don't like this new focus on his poor family. IMO they are victims too, they have had their lives ruined by him and now they're being harassed, stalked for photos and having their lives dug up and plasterer end all over the internet with comments like "Marcus didn't have any friends either, he couldn't stick up for himself, he walked away when he was teased".

I think some journalists need to write down 'fluffer' as their profession. Whipping things up to get people excited. Not cool.

I don't like that they were photographed returning to their house, their faces very clearly displayed. It just seems like the media doesn't give a damn about decency or the consequences of what they do. I'm sure his own family is going through a bad time right now, probably enormous guilt and shame on top of everything else. Maybe very little support too.

I don't like that they were photographed returning to their house, their faces very clearly displayed. It just seems like the media doesn't give a damn about decency or the consequences of what they do. I'm sure his own family is going through a bad time right now, probably enormous guilt and shame on top of everything else. Maybe very little support too.

I totally agree. They've done nothing wrong. In fact, they've done everything right as far as we know!

I totally agree. They've done nothing wrong. In fact, they've done everything right as far as we know!

and I hated it that they were walking .. someone should be driving them, they should not have been exposed to press photographers at this point.. because nutters appear from out of nowhere , anywhere, and who knows who else in Leeton or Griffith or wherever is nutsto? it is just plain wrong.

STOP !!
Rude posts and attacking other members is absolutely not tolerated here.

There are a lot of hoops to be jumped through before a nod is given for immigration to Australia. (I've traversed the holiday, business, fiance and permanent residency visa landscapes for my (now) husband and later, for his two daughters, utilizing both my own research and the services of a Migration expert.) One can't just 'decide' to emigrate to Australia.
Mum may have had the required skills points (being a nurse) and would also have prior marriage to an Australian resident in her favour. The three boys would have birthright status - however, there are very stringent protocols in place before granting a permanent residency: existing health conditions must be declared and health examinations are a pre-requisite.

What I'm suggesting here is that the label 'autistic' by an overseas relative may be a sweeping (and ill-informed) generalisation used to explain the 'odd' and reclusive behaviour of VS. The source says 'autism runs in the family.' In that case, documented medical evidence, disclosure at time of application for immigration and subsequent health assessment is mandatory.

Lots of people are anti-social, perceived as 'odd', reclusive and subject to angry outbursts of frustration at not being able to keep up with a peer group. A nine-year-old losing his cool in the classroom and 'attacking' a teacher does not necessarily indicate autism. It may also indicate simple frustration on the part of the child.

There are many, many documented cases of parents with a genuinely autistic child not being allowed into Australia (as unfair as this may sound) as the child is perceived to be a financial drain on already-stretched resources.

I'm not saying VS does not exhibit some traits of being on the autism spectrum: what I am saying, is that if this had already been picked up, (as indicated by the overseas relative and apparently accepted as common knowledge) it would have to have been declared at application time.

The other thing with immigration eligibility to Australia: even with all the points required for a particular skill-set, you would normally have to have a job to go to. You would also have to show you can support yourself and your dependents - or that those dependents were capable of employment, or you could bring in thousands of dollars to the economy. (Of the latter, clearly, the Stanford family did not.)

The genuinely medically-diagnosed autistic children I know are sweet, loving, gentle people who would never even think of hurting anyone.
Sorry, I guess I'm objecting to people who bandy around the word 'autism' as some kind of rationale.

As afar as this case goes -I truly thing we have been seriously respectful- I think the media have been respectful as well. This was a heinous crime. And I think that while coming to Australia for VS is most likely a fresh start- how is that a reflection on his family. VSs' family have been there at the get go helping police! From the moment they returned home - the family were talking with police.

Those photographs of VS's mum and bro should be viewed as nothing less than a powerful statement of how a family accepts and deals with an alleged murderer. If only we had more families that were as closely linked in - I think we would see crime decrease. So let us think that they deserve the chance to be photographed and to hold their heads high! What do they have to be ashamed about - that a family member made this choice? It was not their choice and they were outstanding citizens when the police reached out to them.

Totally expecting this post to be deleted, but I am so impressed by EVERYONE here, Stephanies parents, the Stanfords and Aaron who has shown the world what real devotion looks like! (And WS'ers who know what a family who doesn't cooperate with police can do to an investigation!)

There are a lot of hoops to be jumped through before a nod is given for immigration to Australia. (I've traversed the holiday, business, fiance and permanent residency visa landscapes for my (now) husband and later, for his two daughters, utilizing both my own research and the services of a Migration expert.) One can't just 'decide' to emigrate to Australia.
Mum may have had the required skills points (being a nurse) and would also have prior marriage to an Australian resident in her favour. The three boys would have birthright status - however, there are very stringent protocols in place before granting a permanent residency: existing health conditions must be declared and health examinations are a pre-requisite.

What I'm suggesting here is that the label 'autistic' by an overseas relative may be a sweeping (and ill-informed) generalisation used to explain the 'odd' and reclusive behaviour of VS. The source says 'autism runs in the family.' In that case, documented medical evidence, disclosure at time of application for immigration and subsequent health assessment is mandatory.

Lots of people are anti-social, perceived as 'odd', reclusive and subject to angry outbursts of frustration at not being able to keep up with a peer group. A nine-year-old losing his cool in the classroom and 'attacking' a teacher does not necessarily indicate autism. It may also indicate simple frustration on the part of the child.

There are many, many documented cases of parents with a genuinely autistic child not being allowed into Australia (as unfair as this may sound) as the child is perceived to be a financial drain on already-stretched resources.

I'm not saying VS does not exhibit some traits of being on the autism spectrum: what I am saying, is that if this had already been picked up, (as indicated by the overseas relative and apparently accepted as common knowledge) it would have to have been declared at application time.

The other thing with immigration eligibility to Australia: even with all the points required for a particular skill-set, you would normally have to have a job to go to. You would also have to show you can support yourself and your dependents - or that those dependents were capable of employment, or you could bring in thousands of dollars to the economy. (Of the latter, clearly, the Stanford family did not.)

The genuinely medically-diagnosed autistic children I know are sweet, loving, gentle people who would never even think of hurting anyone.
Sorry, I guess I'm objecting to people who bandy around the word 'autism' as some kind of rationale.

If you are already an Australian Citizen then you don't jump through any hoops your passport brings you back To Aus no questions!
And yes - autism does not pre-dispose you to murder - anymore than blow drying your hair causes split ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member