Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder where the celebration took place? Anybody know whose house this is?

In the victim impact statements one of the sisters said the family stayed in a rented home in the area for the trial. Perhaps it was there...

I should have known better but I watched the interview with JW. She was very concerned when there were 'threats' against her own family but is able to refer to the slaughter of a man as simply a two minute mistake. How does she think the victim's family feels? Perhaps she should put herself in their shoes and try the empathy thing a bit. It might clear her mind and open her heart. I get that this dirty job of defending a person like Arias has to be done by someone but can't they do it with a little bit of honesty and dignity? Perhaps Willmott feels compelled to believe Arias' nonsensical stories because how else can she continue to live her life as a mother, wife and citizen? I'll never understand.

I was ardent voice during the first trial for her DT, since in order for our justice system to even function there must be attorneys such as willmott and nurmi. Without them willing to defend the most vile defendants we wouldn't be able to even prosecute these cases. As bad as this trial got, I think the DT did what they are legally required to do and that is to present the best case they can to ensure their clients rights are not being violated. Even nurmi own words when CMJA told him I deserve an attorney to fight for me, he replied "you're not entitled to that". There's an ethical obligation that doesn't include some tactics the DT chose to do. It's something that needs to change at legislation.

But, what's transpired since the conclusion is not professional, classy or becoming of JW. she is still representing arias but she could've handled it with grace. For that she will be judged

I have to confess that I watched Nancy Grace last night, hoping for something about CMJA's arrival at Perryville. Instead, this case was blared (as only NG can do).

This case almost seems like a repeat of CMJA. I get so angry when a killer immediately claims she was abused. All those decades spent trying to get the legal system to recognize domestic abuse and take it seriously go down the drain when such killers make these usually false claims. I wish there were an extra penalty for false claims of DV that could be added to the sentence when such people are found guilty.

What also gets me about them is that usually they consider themselves a "princess" (or goddess) who is above the law.

IMO the Law confirms that opinion, by making it clear that the offender's rights far outweigh the victim's.

huh. Has there been any follow-up on the funds of the appellate account? I went to check twits and found juanstie suspended.

Please delete this if it's verboten :(

The Az DOC record shows her release date as 12/31/9999.
For some reason that tickled me- I might send her a calendar with that date marked in red!

The cowboy's name is Rob. If you go to 'COURT CHATTER' and look at all the photos you can hover your mouse over and most of the pictures will tell who is who.

Wow. What a nice way to start my day; seeing photos of the Alexander family, Juan, Detective Flores (it's the first time I've ever seen him smile! What a great smile!), jurors and friends smiling, happy, celebrating. I am so grateful that all of the supporters have had an opportunity to see those photos, considering how many sorrowful photos/footage we've seen of them. Such a contrast to JA's horrific new mug shot.

If it hasn't been answered yet, the cowboy IS one of the jurors. I saw him in an interview.

Me too! I also believe that it was the cowboy that the killer thought she could win over. He and his wife's coordinating outfits are so cool! Perhaps someday the killer will see these photos. Can you imagine how angry she will be on that day?
another jury that "betrayed" her.[emoji57]

Shayne Huber case looks interesting. Anywhere to follow? Nothing here or WAT.

I never watch NG, but tuned in to see JA's arrival at PV. There is a PV mugshot at Radar on line. She wasn't smiling in this one, but no matter because I guffawed enough for both of us.

I found a link for you about Shayna Hubers trial. Jen with trial diaries is following too. TheTrial
diaries.com/Kentucky-woman Also Paul Sanders the 13th Juror is following. many people from CMJA 281129 following this case. Twitter is under Shayna Hubers

This is going to be a good one I think.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new.../25741533/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

I hope I did that right, still having trouble with windows 8.1, I guess I am a SLOW learner. LOL

I wonder how the special snowflake is enjoying her new digs. I hope it's hot as He!! already.

Interview with jury foreman

http://thetrialdiaries.com/exclusivethe-foreman-from-the-jodi-arias-trial-speakshear-his-story/

Here is interview with three of the jurors https://youtu.be/-9MUb3-IwCE

Wild horses could not drag me to listen to Jen or Kirk or Maria. EVER. I could not care less what they opine. What they did to Travis was not something we could ever forgive, it was wholly unnecessary. Shame and scorn will follow them all the days of their lives. They will be forever notorious. They are not liked, trusted or respected and it is clear why.

I was ardent voice during the first trial for her DT, since in order for our justice system to even function there must be attorneys such as willmott and nurmi. Without them willing to defend the most vile defendants we wouldn't be able to even prosecute these cases. As bad as this trial got, I think the DT did what they are legally required to do and that is to present the best case they can to ensure their clients rights are not being violated. Even nurmi own words when CMJA told him I deserve an attorney to fight for me, he replied "you're not entitled to that". There's an ethical obligation that doesn't include some tactics the DT chose to do. It's something that needs to change at legislation.

But, what's transpired since the conclusion is not professional, classy or becoming of JW. she is still representing arias but she could've handled it with grace. For that she will be judged

Well, I would rather have JW as my defense attorney than Todd Willingham's attorney, David Martin. I think Nurmi did a good job considering he wanted to be off the case and did not like JA.

I just love her newest mugshot! She looks miserable. I guess reality finally hit her.

This is only my opinion about Sandy Arias and the statements she has made both inside of the courtroom and in the media.

Sandy Arias nor any other family members are in denial. They know JA better than anyone.

Sandy lies to protect herself and her husband. By lying she doesn't have to admit they knew all along when Arias was growing up she was an explosive violent powder keg. They have seen her violent ways and even admitted it to the police.

So now they paint a false picture of not only JA but themselves. It is far better for Sandy to blame the blameless dead victim than to actually blame the daughter they raised. If they told the truth then it would be revealed that they are the one who raised a child that became a stone cold killer.

And I do believe they help create the monster she became. Instead of confronting her when she violently went off the rails when she abused her mom, and her little brother,and maybe even pets while she was young, they tolerated it instead. Confronting her only made JA madder than hell. So they gave in instead of correcting her and that is why she is such a narcissist today with no feeling for others. I also believe she was born prone to be a sociopath and her environment growing up let it bloom into rage and entitlement.

Sandy paints a picture of Jodi as false as Jodi does. Sandy paints a picture of a daughter they wish Jodi had been and not the daughter they really have had to deal with who has always been mean and has been violent for a very long time way before she murdered Travis.

The truth is JA did nothing for others unless it was to her advantage somehow. She used fake niceness as a manipulation tool just like she used kinky sex. She never even finished school and always held waitress positions. While there is nothing wrong with that position... embellishing Jodi's life to make it into something it wasn't and never has been.. shows Sandy is a lot like her daughter.

So all of Sandy's lies are done to protect herself. Just like Jodi lies to protect herself from the truth.

She cant face the fact (publicly anyway) that she knows she raised a very violent abusive child. But I do believe she is very aware of it in her own thoughts and is relieved that this one daughter is out of their lives as they once knew it. I think both parents feel they are lucky to be alive themselves for Jodi is the type to also murder parents if she felt they had not towed the line like she demanded they do.

They lived because they let her get away with everything and making her feel entitled to do anything she wanted to do. IMO

I think they have liked the money they have been able to collect from the misfits and losers.

What Sandy says makes no sense. She conveniently, like her vile daughter, omits glaring truths. Travis was not seeing JA anymore since she moved away to CA and him remaining in AZ. No abused person travels 1000 miles to be with their abuser. It just doesn't happen in the real world. It only happens in the faux world the Arias' create which really doesn't exist.

Travis was in CA just two weeks earlier before he was killed and at no time did he see Arias.

Only a premeditated murderer travels that far to murder their victim with a gun and knife in their possession. And she didn't murder him because he abused her because he never did.

She murdered him for the same reason many murderers have killed. Travis wanted nothing more to do with her and that sealed his fate just like so many victims before and after him have suffered the same fate.:(

It was such a blessing to see the Alexander family smile again. I hope their lives here on out are filled with nothing but wonderful blessings. They certainly deserve no less.

IMO

Hi OB, thank you for your observations and I agree with most of what you said. I was also completely disgusted and flabbergasted by what SA had to say. I had never heard her speak before about the case or about Jodi. I did NOT expect her to live in the same delusional world Jodi does.

I don't know about the father or the siblings. The father sometimes had a disgusted-type look on his face on the days he was in court, like he couldn't believe the lies coming out of his daughter's mouth. I have not heard him speak so I can't say.

But SA showed her true self.

If Jodi had exhibited problems before, that doesn't mean we the "public" will automatically make assumpotions about the parents. WE know that sometimes parents might not realize or might not know what to do. We know that sometimes kids turn out, not how you tried to raise them. Or chose the wrong path in life despite what the parent tried to do.

She could have taken the "mental illness" approach even. That my daughter is sick, I'm so sorry for what she did. She could have said that to the Alexander family. That please accept my apology, but I still love my daughter no matter what. I'm sorry for your loss, and I'm sorry as well for everyone involved and I'm sorry this ever happened.

Instead she went the opposite route.

Based on what I heard from Sandy, yes I would have to say that family is dysfuncitonal and has been for a long time. That doesn't excuse what Jodi did - many people grown up in dysfunctional families and the kids turn out fine, take Travis for an example.

Sandy up there reminded me of Cindy Anthony.

I was amazed at the contrast between Sandy and Cindy, and today Odin Lloyd's mom Ursula. Who was so graceful and showed so much class. And of course the contrast between them and Travis' family, siblings and aunt.

I think JW needs an intervention. It's kind of scary how completely she seems to be immersed in her delusions about JA. :waitasec:

MOO

Delusions about JA or using this to ruthlessly showcase her DA skills at the expense of the victim?

Well, I would rather have JW as my defense attorney than Todd Willingham's attorney, David Martin. I think Nurmi did a good job considering he wanted to be off the case and did not like JA.

You know what? I would too. God forbid I'm every accused of a crime but if I were, I would want attorneys (public defender none the less!!!) like nurmi or willmot to DEFEND against the states accusations and evidence. Our judicial system while fallible, is the best we've got. I don't look at it in terms of jodi arias I look at the need of truly innocent people who are accused of the most especially heinous crimes facing the highest penalty that can be given. Jodi arias would've manipulated any system, this is where imo the judge failed. Defense attorneys are obligated to present all evidence they have, it's up to the judge to rule on evidentiary hearings.

What a very insightful post. Remember how Sandy Arias told Detective Flores that when she heard that this young man (Travis Alexander) was dead, she questioned Jodi on her whereabouts?!? Her Mom admits that her mind immediately suspected that her daughter had something to do with his murder!

For her very own mother to think she may have caused his death--wow! That is quite telling. No wonder Sandy never took the witness stand.

I also believe that her parents are thanking God that their daughter is out of their lives. However, I also agree with you--they have enjoyed the money that inmate # 281129's followers have been sending. Something tells me that soon all of the money will stop trickling in.

Yes, she seemed to delight in the attention outside on the courthouse steps when she was being interviewed by the media.

Delusions about JA or using this to ruthlessly showcase her DA skills at the expense of the victim?

I think the latter, personally. She seems to be a very shrewd attorney and using this to get her name out. IMO.

LOVE the mugshot of the killer with her killer creepy eyes.

Kathy Monkman ‏@katiecoolady 5m5 minutes ago
it just occured to me that #jodiarias Mom played the "can't afford it" card because they are in pre-emptive restitution mode and hiding $

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz