PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have them as well, and there is a reporter who might be interested.

The focus will probably be the tax return and the petition to suppress the assets portion. This continues to bug me. It may be nothing, however it could be all or part of the motive.

The focus will probably be the tax return and the petition to suppress the assets portion. This continues to bug me. It may be nothing, however it could be all or part of the motive.

I am looking at it as potentially means. One question has been how RFG could be financing a life after walking away. The answer may be that his money was there, waiting for him. That strikes at means.

First post....long time lurker. J.J and Tracker, I give you both all the credit in the world - over the hours I've spent looking through the past threads, reading some of the most ridiculous theories and speculation (especially the "emotional" arguments, Luna similarities, etc.), there was hundreds of times I just wanted to jump out of my computer and slap the person on the other side. But through it all, you guys have always kept your cool and truly presented a "legalized" argument at all turns of this case.

For this, along with the constant stream of 'inside' information, I really must thank you guys. Not only have I learned a lot about this case, but also a route of analytically thinking that I can apply to other cases I'm interested in.

I am looking at it as potentially means. One question has been how RFG could be financing a life after walking away. The answer may be that his money was there, waiting for him. That strikes at means.

Hold on. I thought we had been operating under the assumption, for all of this time, that none of his money was 'missing'? Are you saying something else?

Hold on. I thought we had been operating under the assumption, for all of this time, that none of his money was 'missing'? Are you saying something else?

Some money seems to be "unaccounted." RFG had earned a minimum of $110 K per year since his divorce 3.5 years prior to his disappearance. He had less than $25 K in his estate and in 2004 and 2005 he didn't have any source of income (from a single source) above $1300. He didn't have CD's that were generating more than $1300 in interest ($60-$70 k), for example.

For a guy making as much as he was, with his known expenses, and someone preparing for retirement, RFG's financial situation does not make too much sense.

That's what I thought originally, which had kept me believing in walkaway for a long time. But then, I swear, somewhere along the line someone produced something (sorry, I obviously don't document all of this as closely as you do but....I was SURE) somebody had said that there was no money missing. I remember because I was so sure it was walkaway mainly because his assets didn't seem to me to be consistent with his income but someone came along and said that they were. This is a big deal for me, because it really puts me right back squarely into the "walkaway" camp.

That's what I thought originally, which had kept me believing in walkaway for a long time. But then, I swear, somewhere along the line someone produced something (sorry, I obviously don't document all of this as closely as you do but....I was SURE) somebody had said that there was no money missing. I remember because I was so sure it was walkaway mainly because his assets didn't seem to me to be consistent with his income but someone came along and said that they were. This is a big deal for me, because it really puts me right back squarely into the "walkaway" camp.

Money isn't "missing," in the sense that it was transferred out of his accounts. It is that, for what RFG was making, and his expenses, he should have had greater assets. There are several possible explanations, which could either point to walkaway and/or suicide.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z1-Y1Cl-r7tU.k4NsMdaUsp9o

Figured I'd throw that map into the pot; as someone who has only been to State College a handful of times, it definitely gave me a better feel for the general area. If it was one of you who created it,thank you!

No, I didn't create it. It is good, but there are a number cell towers around Centre Hall.

DZ said that phone pinged off of cell towers, plural. That would put the call originating no more than 2 miles East of Centre Hall. That is an areal where tower reception overlaps.

The location of where the drive was found is off; it was found well south of where the map shows it to be located.

The location of where the drive was found is off; it was found well south of where the map shows it to be located.

That's what I was thinking. The pictures you provided of the actual site just didn't seem to match where this map was putting the drive. The description for the Packwood Museum ("caddy corner from the park") didn't really make sense in the context of the evidence I've seen.

Do you have any idea why the creator of the map would highlight the "Limestone Quarry"? Did I miss something on that?

I'll be making an updated version of the map when I get a chance, for posterity's sake. Do you see any other areas of interest to add? I'll probably throw in some of the eyewitness locations, but struggling to think of much more. Thanks!

Edit: Decided to make it a late night....would still love some input from everybody, feel free to edit as you please.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z69ZxbaBvzmM.kMN08HHDqNB0

The were reports of a Mini Cooper seen around the quarry. There were three Mini's in Lewisburg that day, however, and it was one of the others.

I'd move the drive to just off the bank of the a bit to the south of where you have it. If you draw a line parallel to the south end of the Packwood House it was about there, perhaps ten yard from the bank.

Some money seems to be "unaccounted." RFG had earned a minimum of $110 K per year since his divorce 3.5 years prior to his disappearance. He had less than $25 K in his estate and in 2004 and 2005 he didn't have any source of income (from a single source) above $1300. He didn't have CD's that were generating more than $1300 in interest ($60-$70 k), for example.

For a guy making as much as he was, with his known expenses, and someone preparing for retirement, RFG's financial situation does not make too much sense.

I decided to put this issue to bed...one way or the other. I have a forensics accounting major reviewing all the financial documents. She is considering using them for her thesis. If we missed something, she's a smart cookie and will pick it up. She has already noted the suppression of the financials to be irregular. She will be consulting with experienced forensics accountants for advice.

We shall see... :)

So besides the irregular settlement of a small estate (given the income level) and suppressed tax form, she has brought up the following: The only ways to dispose of that amount of money over time is by transferring it in CASH in 5 grand increments or less (to keep under the IRS radar) to other parties or transferring it off shore. Even if it was half of his salary, that's something like fifty grand a year that would have to be drawn out in cash and handed to one or more individuals...around a grand a week. Wow... Or of course sent off shore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member