GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Steven Lindsey, 35, has been arrested and charged with murder in the Jan. 16 shooting death of his wife, Melinda Lindsey, 23, in Porter County.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...tb-lindsey-arrest-st-0213-20150212-story.html

We are starting a new thread for the shooting death of Melinda Lindsey.

The last thread was filled with non-mainstream media links. Too many to remove which is why we are starting fresh.

Please remember we do not allow outside blogs, non-mainstream media sites, comments from other websites, and no Facebook or Twitter unless approved first.

Thank you for your participation on Websleuths

Tricia

That could well be. My point is I did not think it was specific to Melinda's policy.

I know the two-year suicide clause is pretty standard. I think other waiting periods depend on the type of policy it was and whether Melinda took a medical exam to obtain approval and how she answered health questions.

JMO

From what Melinda had told me last, Steve wasn't working any kind of steady job.

On a plus note, melindas mom got to see baby girl Friday!!!!!

&&& if all goes well I will get to join next time <3

As far as I know Melinda didn't have an issue with him traveling, from what I was told by her is HE didn't want to leave HER alone..

#JusticeForMelinda

So very happy to hear her mom got to see baby girl! I'm sure it was a joyful reunion. I'm also happy to hear you'll be seeing her too. I'm sure you miss her very much. :)

Okayyy her parents weren't informed until hours later, in fact they themselves found out though us.

Steve told the police he had NO contact information for them && that Melinda didn't tell him what the password lock on her phone was ( funny bc Melinda never had a password on her phone) I had used her phone a million times to take photos of babygirl and never once was there a password.. They drove down and got here about1230-1 pm and then they were turned away from even being able to see her... The last time any of her family saw her, was Christmas.

#JusticeForMelinda

Okayyy her parents weren't informed until hours later, in fact they themselves found out though us.

Steve told the police he had NO contact information for them && that Melinda didn't tell him what the password lock on her phone was ( funny bc Melinda never had a password on her phone) I had used her phone a million times to take photos of babygirl and never once was there a password.. They drove down and got here about1230-1 pm and then they were turned away from even being able to see her... The last time any of her family saw her, was Christmas.

#JusticeForMelinda
Omg. How sad and horrible. What a manipulative jerk!! Did he tell you? How did you (her friends) find out? I hope it wasn't from the media...

#JusticeForMelinda

His final act of abuse against Melinda, he even isolated her from those that loved her when she was dying,

My heart breaks for Melinda's parents, and loved ones

His final act of abuse against Melinda, he even isolated her from those that loved her when she was dying,

My heart breaks for Melinda's parents, and loved ones

Are you saying that Steve himself turned the parents away from seeing their daughter or was it a murder investigation and no one could see her until that was over...? I'm really confused ...If she saw her family at Christmas then how can Steve be accusssed of isolating her from her family....that was only less than a month before she was murdered...

Actually I was suppose to meet with our other friend, melinda and babygirl for breakfast that morning to catch up, I had 2 missed calls from the landlords girlfriend (one of our best friends && also the girl that was suppose to go out with us) && it was going off again (which is what woke me, about 7 am) so I picked up and she was silent I kept saying her name and all she managed to say was, don't go to melindas.. And I could just hear it in her voice.. She didn't have to say it.. I just knew.. Our friend was at the house with the police and her boyfriend (owner of the home) I picked her up from there

As far as isolating her, she had to BEG him to let her go and before that.. She hadn't seen them in over 6 months..

Steve wouldn't give the okay for anyone to see her and In the state of Indiana he is the only one that has control unless he gives consent to another or is convicted for her murder.
After her body was released STEVE. Refused to be on contact with her family, any time they tried to get in contact with him about arrangements so they could see her or just for a viewing and a service, they were completely ignored.

#JusticeForMelinda

Actually I was suppose to meet with our other friend, melinda and babygirl for breakfast that morning to catch up, I had 2 missed calls from the landlords girlfriend (one of our best friends && also the girl that was suppose to go out with us) && it was going off again (which is what woke me, about 7 am) so I picked up and she was silent I kept saying her name and all she managed to say was, don't go to melindas.. And I could just hear it in her voice.. She didn't have to say it.. I just knew.. Our friend was at the house with the police and her boyfriend (owner of the home) I picked her up from there

As far as isolating her, she had to BEG him to let her go and before that.. She hadn't seen them in over 6 months..

Steve wouldn't give the okay for anyone to see her and In the state of Indiana he is the only one that has control unless he gives consent to another or is convicted for her murder.
After her body was released STEVE. Refused to be on contact with her family, any time they tried to get in contact with him about arrangements so they could see her or just for a viewing and a service, they were completely ignored.

#JusticeForMelinda

How absolutely cold and cruel. I cannot imagine the layers of stress and grief this added to their pain. And also to everyone who loved her, including other family and dear friends. OMG.

Are you saying that Steve himself turned the parents away from seeing their daughter or was it a murder investigation and no one could see her until that was over...? I'm really confused ...If she saw her family at Christmas then how can Steve be accusssed of isolating her from her family....that was only less than a month before she was murdered...

I'm saying that SL had the ability to have her parents notified and he decided not to, Melinda was his wife he had final say. SL had no right to block her parents, the police had no reason to block her parents, they weren't suspects in Melinda's death SL was. No spouse of a few years should have more rights over parents.

There have been many posts stating that when Melinda would want to go see her family that SL would take baby girl away from her. Melinda posted stuff on her facebook page about SL isolating her.

He isolated her from friends and family, it was all part of his control and abuse.

I hope that the prosecutor intends to call Melinda's friends and family, they will prove the abuse that Melinda suffered, SL may not have beat Melinda on a regular basis, but he clearly abused her in an emotional/mental sense

Sorry to keep asking you these questions...so, your friend arrived to go to breakfast with Melinda to be greeted by the police?

Sorry to keep asking you these questions...so, your friend arrived to go to breakfast with Melinda to be greeted by the police?
If you read SetHerSoulFree's post, it says that she had missed calls from the landlord's girlfriend as well as the other friend so my take on that is: yes, the third friend arrived in the middle of it all
Unless the third friend is also the landlord's girlfriend which would explain how she knew.

I'm saying that SL had the ability to have her parents notified and he decided not to, Melinda was his wife he had final say. SL had no right to block her parents, the police had no reason to block her parents, they weren't suspects in Melinda's death SL was. No spouse of a few years should have more rights over parents.

There have been many posts stating that when Melinda would want to go see her family that SL would take baby girl away from her. Melinda posted stuff on her facebook page about SL isolating her.

He isolated her from friends and family, it was all part of his control and abuse.

I hope that the prosecutor intends to call Melinda's friends and family, they will prove the abuse that Melinda suffered, SL may not have beat Melinda on a regular basis, but he clearly abused her in an emotional/mental sense

Since I didn't see her Facebook posting I'm assuming her parents and family members might have been friends with her and saw what she wrote...I think I've said this before but I'll say it again because its how I would handle things if I was her parent or even friend...I'd be at the door in a heartbeat...but, thats me....

Since I didn't see her Facebook posting I'm assuming her parents and family members might have been friends with her and saw what she wrote...I think I've said this before but I'll say it again because its how I would handle things if I was her parent or even friend...I'd be at the door in a heartbeat...but, thats me....
She would post, then retract her ststement and minimize SL's actions. She would say it was a misunderstanding and everything was fine

She would post, then retract her ststement and minimize SL's actions. She would say it was a misunderstanding and everything was fine

Classic abused woman it's not that bad, until next time, that's how the cycle continues

Lather, rinse, repeat.

I also saw her posts before it was taken down and saw examples of this exact thing happening. I'm sure it was extremely frustrating for her family and friends and I also saw examples of friends trying to warn her as well. She wouldn't listen. She was blinded by love. Short of kidnapping her (which is illegal), there is nothing anyone could do about it accept pray that it turned out well.

Sadly for everyone who loved her, their worst nightmares came true.

If you read SetHerSoulFree's post, it says that she had missed calls from the landlord's girlfriend as well as the other friend so my take on that is: yes, the third friend arrived in the middle of it all
Unless the third friend is also the landlord's girlfriend which would explain how she knew.

My take on this is that Mr. Control Freak was allowing her go to breakfast with her friends and daughter....?? But, you would think she would have been up and getting ready ....she was found in her bed,shot,but still alive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44