TX - Veterinarian under investigation for killing cat with arrow.

It will be interesting to see if they serve a search warrant on a misdemeanor...not that they shouldnt.

They have enough for a case-I hope Tiger's family finds him.

The best thing for everyone is for Tiger's remains to be returned and Kristen Lindsey to accept responsibility for what she did.

Something tells me that a woman who is so divorced from reality as to believe she could do this and suffer no repercussions wont be rushing to do the right thing. I hope I am wrong.

I just emailed the Sheriff and suggested that he get a court order for more info from facebook. When it has been established that the post DID come from her computer then filing charges shouldn't be that difficult.

Realistically killing/abusing animals is rarely punished by the legal system however any charges could go a long way to having her license revoked.

Unless there is a huge shortage of young veterinarians (and I don't think there is) I can't see her being hired by another practice anyway. Her degree was wasted and her family has been rightfully shamed. Just to clarify....she deserves the harshest punishment possible however realistically she won't be punished in jail/prison.

Take this for what it is worth, but this link was provided in the comment section of one of the KTBX articles:
http://wyogirl-kristenlindsey.blogspot.com/

...finding the meaning of happiness, killing things or trying to kill things...

Wow. That is a twisted statement. Even avid hunters don't say things like that; most hunters I have met do have a respect for wildlife and conservation.

And animals are listed among the "things" blog author likes killing.

Take this for what it is worth, but this link was provided in the comment section of one of the KTBX articles:

http://wyogirl-kristenlindsey.blogspot.com/

LOL....read the "uncensored" comments on that blog. The mother's name and work information...lots of colorful comments about her family. I didn't like the comments about the woman's dog though.

I have to wonder why the blog is still up. Did she forget the password?

It's been years since that blog was posted on. So, forgetting a password is certainly a possibility.

What was depicted and described on the FB post (now deleted) by the alleged perpetrator IS A FELONY UNDER THE TEXAS PENAL CODE.

http://http://www.cap4pets.org/education/animal-cruelty-laws

From the above link:
Texas Penal Code Chapter 42

§ 42.09. Cruelty to Animals

A person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly:
1.tortures an animal;
2.fails unreasonably to provide necessary food, care, or shelter for an animal in the person's custody;
3.abandons unreasonably an animal in the person's custody;
4.transports or confines an animal in a cruel manner;
5.kills, seriously injures, or administers poison to an animal, other than cattle, horses, sheep, swine, or goats, belonging to another without legal authority or the owner's effective consent;
6.causes one animal to fight with another;
7.uses a live animal as a lure in dog race training or in dog coursing on a racetrack;
8.trips a horse;
9.injures an animal, other than cattle, horses, sheep, swine, or goats, belonging to another without legal authority or the owner's effective consent; or
10.seriously overworks an animal.

An offense under Subsection (a)(2), (3), (4), (9), or (10) is a Class A misdemeanor, except that the offense is a state jail felony if the person has previously been convicted two times under this section.

An offense under Subsection (a)(1), (5), (6), (7), or (8) is a state jail felony, except that the offense is a felony of the third degree if the person has previously been convicted two times under this section.

BBM to indicate the criteria needed to constitute a FELONY.
This will not go quietly into the good night. IF it is true as portrayed on that horrible FB post, it is an outrage, but more importantly it is a FELONY offense.
IT WILL BE PROSECUTED if it is true as depicted.

I still have my doubts that it is true as depicted. I cannot imagine why someone would post something like this as a hoax or experiment in mob psychology or a joke or a staged scene in an indie movie, but I just cannot fully accept that the post was authentic. As horrible as that photo was, something about it just does not ring true to me. They key parts of that picture look a bit like props to me - the arrow, even the cat. Maybe it is just that my brain is in denial and cannot accept that it is real. But it still looks hinky to me.

Also, it will not fly for the person in question to claim she was utilizing "euthanasia".

http://www.hcpawpals.org/TexasCrueltyLaws.aspx

From the link above:
Texas law prohibits communities from resorting to euthanasia by any other means than what is mandated by Texas Health & Safety Code, Chapter 821 (Treatment & Disposition of Animals), Subchapter C. This directive requires all animals in animal shelters be euthanized in a humane manner with only one of two methods by a licensed veterinarian or certified technician: administrating sodium pentobarbital or commercially compressed carbon monoxide. A violation of any provision of Subchapter C is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor which carries a penalty of up to 180 days in jail or a fine of up to $2,000 or both. Any private citizen may petition a court to stop action violating any provision of Subchapter C or any DSHS regulation. Simply stated, officials from communities can not capture and eliminate “strays” other than as previously described. Compared to other states, Texas’ animal cruelty statutes are very narrow in scope because they exclude certain types of animals—including circus animals, wild animals and animals used in experiments—from protection from animal cruelty laws.

What was depicted and described on the FB post (now deleted) by the alleged perpetrator IS A FELONY UNDER THE TEXAS PENAL CODE.

http://http://www.cap4pets.org/education/animal-cruelty-laws

From the above link:

BBM to indicate the criteria needed to constitute a FELONY.
This will not go quietly into the good night. IF it is true as portrayed on that horrible FB post, it is an outrage, but more importantly it is a FELONY offense.
IT WILL BE PROSECUTED if it is true as depicted.

I still have my doubts that it is true as depicted. I cannot imagine why someone would post something like this as a hoax or experiment in mob psychology or a joke or a staged scene in an indie movie, but I just cannot fully accept that the post was authentic. As horrible as that photo was, something about it just does not ring true to me. They key parts of that picture look a bit like props to me - the arrow, even the cat. Maybe it is just that my brain is in denial and cannot accept that it is real. But it still looks hinky to me.

I don't have any doubt this is for real. This woman who actually is a vet, has been fired from her actual job. I don't think this woman would have sat there quietly losing her career (how many years does it take to go to school) over a hoax or an indie movie. Her neighbor's cat named Tiger, that looked just like the dead cat, is missing. Cat belonged to an elderly couple that is out of town, and had a cat sitter who volunteers with animal rescue. I don't think all these people would be involved in a hoax just for the fun of it?

I am glad members on here have been proactive in contacting local LE to keep pressure up on them to do something. I have the feeling nothing at all will be done without outside pressure. I too read her blog and found it distuebing in a subtle way. She likes to 'kill things'. (!) Sounds like a great mindset to carry into her chosen field. Her family IMO just seems a little strange. Maybe the apple didn't fall very far here...

My heart goes out to the couple who Tiger belonged to. They cannot bury or cremate him to have his remains with them. He was murdered. If Tiger was their companion animal, I pray they could somehow be compensated for their emotional distress, pain and suffering...such as by filing a civil lawsuit naming all parties involved.

:(

MOO

This woman is vile. I hope she has her license revoked. She should.
Anyone who can shoot an arrow through a cats head has serious issues, feral or not. She is lacking empathy in a big way.

edit: She should also never be allowed to own animals.

I am glad members on here have been proactive in contacting local LE to keep pressure up on them to do something. I have the feeling nothing at all will be done without outside pressure. I too read her blog and found it distuebing in a subtle way. She likes to 'kill things'. (!) Sounds like a great mindset to carry into her chosen field. Her family IMO just seems a little strange. Maybe the apple didn't fall very far here...

Yeah wow, I just read her blog.

She writes:
"I was accepted to vet school!"

Then she writes:
"Current interests... finding the meaning of happiness, killing things or trying to kill things (animals, a full glass of whiskey... etc)"

What a crazy conflicted person. A disaster waiting to happen, and it did!

I am very disturbed by my fellow sleuthers belief that Tiger was approaching, perhaps lured or coaxed, and was shot dead on.

That alone should bring it to felony animal abuse.

The death threats and all of the nonsense do not work for me at all. If she did this deliberately and joyfully, it has to be fully explored why she is a vet. Someone has to think about any pets she has cared for, but especially cats dont you think?

Check out images of people who hunt rabbits with bows - no head shots through and through and that would be beneficial since a lot of folks eat them as well. Soooo, even with a friendly cat approaching, how did Dr. Evil get the angle she got on the kitty's head with it being so low to the ground? Was she lying on her side? There is still much more to this story.

Check out images of people who hunt rabbits with bows - no head shots through and through and that would be beneficial since a lot of folks eat them as well. Soooo, even with a friendly cat approaching, how did Dr. Evil get the angle she got on the kitty's head with it being so low to the ground? Was she lying on her side? There is still much more to this story.

The reason deer/rabbit hunters don't aim for the head is because the animal's brain is small in relation to the skull and too hard to hit at a distance. The likelihood of either missing OR having the animal run off with an arrow/bullet in their head is too great. Hunters want a quick/sure kill they don't want to torture their prey (unlike this vet).

There are a LOT of photos on google of cats with arrows through their face/skull just like Tiger. Here is an example, this cat recovered after being "accidentally" shot during target practice: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/28/moo-moo-crossbow_n_4170713.html

Even more disturbing is a comment on Tiger's facebook page saying that some vets have stated the cat was still alive when the photo was taken, apparently the limbs do not look like the limbs of a dead animal. Considering all of the photos of LIVE cats with arrows through their skull apparently many do survive.

"My first bow kill". Who is she, Katniss Everdean?

and I'm done

There are a LOT of photos on google of cats with arrows through their face/skull just like Tiger. Here is an example, this cat recovered after being "accidentally" shot during target practice: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/28/moo-moo-crossbow_n_4170713.html

Even more disturbing is a comment on Tiger's facebook page saying that some vets have stated the cat was still alive when the photo was taken, apparently the limbs do not look like the limbs of a dead animal. Considering all of the photos of LIVE cats with arrows through their skull apparently many do survive.

While I cannot bring myself to look at any other photos of cats with arrows through their heads, I am very distressed at the notion this cat could have still been alive when that horrible picture was taken. Maybe that's why it did not look right to me. I am truly still hoping to learn this did not happen as it appears. Call me foolish or naive, but I just don't want it to be true. Shouldn't there be blood from where the arrow entered?​

One more thing and I really will leave it alone; the photo shows proud shooter hold the arrow by the tip, the entire length of the arrow passed nearly all the way thru the cat's head. You can see the feathered end of the arrow in front of the cat's face.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back