K9 Khaser, 2, finds barefoot deaf boy, 8, in snow. But is there a mistake?

zwiebel

Reaction score
There is a lovely story here from chilly Siberia, where a missing eight-year-old who is deaf, was found barefoot in the snow at the site of an old mine, thanks to the heroic efforts of a two-year-old K9 named Khasar. Other search dogs had tried and failed to find him.

Khasar is a handsome black German Shepherd who came from Brifos kennels, where owner Elena Sheuremann had noticed how active and independant the pup seemed and thought he'd make a good K9. She's thrilled to have been proved right in such a good way.

The only thing is; I can't help wondering if the article's got the ages mixed up? The little rescued boy in the photo looks much more like a two-year-old to me, so maybe it's Khasar who is eight? I'd like to know what any of our posters with children think as I'm no expert.

Anyhow, mom, rescued child and Khasar all look really happy, and that's what matters. :)

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/n0195-hero-police-dog-finds-missing-deaf-little-boy/

ETA:There are more pics of Khasar at the link. He really is a handsome dog.

Attachments

• standard Khazar and boy.jpg
    standard Khazar and boy.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 49
Maybe it's just the little fella's fine, light hair that makes him look young? Thinking about it, he seems too tall for a two-year-old. Unless he's sitting on mom's knees. I should probably leave judging children's ages to people who know what they're talking about!

Maybe it's just the little fella's fine, light hair that makes him look young? Thinking about it, he seems too tall for a two-year-old. Unless he's sitting on mom's knees. I should probably leave judging children's ages to people who know what they're talking about!
The K9 is 2 and the boy is 8. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back