Dorian Johnson Sues Ferguson MO, PC Jackson, & PO Darren Wilson, April 2015

al66pine

Reaction score
Alerting on my own new post - to see if Mods want to offer specific guidance.
Pls tread carefully in the meantime & stay w'in ToS. Thx in adv.

"CLAYTON • Dorian Johnson, who was walking with Michael Brown Jr. on Aug. 9 when the two were approached by Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson, has filed a lawsuit against the city, Wilson and former police chief Thomas Jackson.
The suit claims that Wilson assaulted Johnson, violated his constitutional rights, and intentionally and negligently inflicted emotional pain during the encounter, in which Wilson shot Brown to death.
.... seeks damages, including punitive, of at least $25,000.... an injunction to prevent the city of Ferguson and its police from engaging in assault, unlawful arrest and excessive use of force.

The city and Jackson were named because they "negligently hired and supervised police officers who violated citizens’ civil rights,” ....

James Knowles III, the mayor of Ferguson, said the city had not yet been served with the suit and had no comment. Jackson, who resigned March 11, also declined, as did Wilson’s attorney, Greg Kloeppel.
Lawyers for Johnson could not be reached. He is represented by lawyers Daniel K. Brown of Clayton and James M. Williams and Inemesit U. O’Boyle of Metairie, La."
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/man-stopped-with-michael-brown-on-aug-sues-ferguson-police/article_770a951b-4071-59b3-951a-2aaf526e5f66.html. May 5 2015

I thought there was link to pdf, but no, just a still of page 1. Anyone find a link for this electronic filing of April 29:
15 SL-CC01488
Dorian Johnson
v
City of Ferguson MO
and
Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson
and
Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson

You know, April Fool's Day was more than a month ago.

Geezly crow, but the insanity of this case never ends.

:facepalm:

Well, at least this offers a chance that DW will have to answer for his actions, even if in some watered-down way.

I know the majority will disagree with me on this, and frankly, I don't care. I think DW was wrong. I think he panicked and reacted, and it is inevitable that people were going to speak out (I don't mean riots), and it is their, OUR right as Americans to say "oh, heck NO! ".

If the Freddy Gray officers are found to be guilty as charged, will those LE defenders sit back, relax and agree, "why yes. Those officers must have been at fault!" ?

Or will they insist that there must have been corruption? Admittedly, I think DW in the Stl case stinks to high heaven. But will the people who are upset by my belief that DW is a bad cop resign themselves should a verdict be passed that these 6 cops are GUILTY?

Will you simply sigh and say, "ah yes, justice has been done?".

I confess I could not believe in the innocence of OJ, the Ramseys, Casey Anthony, or Darren Wilson.

But by law, they are not guilty. (Except OJ getting busting for other stuff not related to the murders)

the case will never see a courtroom

lots of discussion about it today on StL local radio

NOTE: poor Dorian got scared living here in The Lou & he had to be moved to LA (the State, not the City)

Well, at least this offers a chance that DW will have to answer for his actions, even if in some watered-down way.

I know the majority will disagree with me on this, and frankly, I don't care. I think DW was wrong. I think he panicked and reacted, and it is inevitable that people were going to speak out (I don't mean riots), and it is their, OUR right as Americans to say "oh, heck NO! ".

If the Freddy Gray officers are found to be guilty as charged, will those LE defenders sit back, relax and agree, "why yes. Those officers must have been at fault!" ?

Or will they insist that there must have been corruption? Admittedly, I think DW in the Stl case stinks to high heaven. But will the people who are upset by my belief that DW is a bad cop resign themselves should a verdict be passed that these 6 cops are GUILTY?

Will you simply sigh and say, "ah yes, justice has been done?".

I confess I could not believe in the innocence of OJ, the Ramseys, Casey Anthony, or Darren Wilson.

But by law, they are not guilty. (Except OJ getting busting for other stuff not related to the murders)

Did you READ the DOJ report on the Michael Brown case?

Darren Wilson was clearly the victim. And victim blaming is not allowed.

DJ is and was a common criminal who is now attempting to cash in on his crimes.

And Freddie Gray has nothing to do with this case.

NOTE: poor Dorian got scared living here in The Lou & he had to be moved to LA (the State, not the City)

Good, he deserves to be scared.

He should have been charged with perjury. And robbery.

oh, and Ferguson will have no money for Mr Johnson after McSpadden gets done (tee hee); oh, and the Chicago attorney hired to fight with the DOJ -- it's reported the dude is getting $1700+ an HOUR from Ferguson

all just about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ -- so sickening & it's that SAME types of people every single time IMHO

"Burn this b**** down" -- why doesn't some one sue them?!

Did you READ the DOJ report on the Michael Brown case?

Darren Wilson was clearly the victim. And victim blaming is not allowed.

DJ is and was a common criminal who is now attempting to cash in on his crimes.

And Freddie Gray has nothing to do with this case.

I already said my opinion would not be popular. No need for snark or attacking.

And Darren Wilson was NOT the victim. He was just acquitted of unlawfully shooting MB.

Not the same thing. At all.

It probably won't ever see a courtroom. I think we can agree on that.

oh, and Ferguson will have no money for Mr Johnson after McSpadden gets done (tee hee); oh, and the Chicago attorney hired to fight with the DOJ -- it's reported the dude is getting $1700+ an HOUR from Ferguson

all just about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ -- so sickening & it's that SAME types of people every single time IMHO

"Burn this b**** down" -- why doesn't some one sue them?!

"Burn this b**** down" is a prime example of one of the very very few instances in this country that should not be considered protected speech. It was clearly an incitement to violence, and sure enough, violence immediately erupted. Mr. Head should have been arrested and charged. There should be no free passes for what he did.

And Darren Wilson was NOT the victim. He was just acquitted of unlawfully shooting MB.

Clearly you did NOT read the DOJ report. He was absolutely the victim.

Darren Wilson was not acquitted of anything because he was never charged with any crime because a GJ determined that there was no basis for charging Wilson - a conclusion also supported by the DOJ i.e. the killing of MB was justified and completely legal. I would also add considering how Wilson's life has been destroyed he is the REAL victim in that case not MB and not MB's family.

Acquitted? Man, I missed that entire trial !!! And right in my back yard !!!

Darren Wilson was not acquitted of anything because he was never charged with any crime because a GJ determined that there was no basis for charging Wilson - a conclusion also supported by the DOJ i.e. the killing of MB was justified and completely legal. I would also add considering how Wilson's life has been destroyed he is the REAL victim in that case not MB and not MB's family.

DW was not the victim. He was not charged or convicted of any crime. That does not make him a victim.

DW was not the victim. He was not charged or convicted of any crime. That does not make him a victim.

Well, DW is the victim in my opinion

DOJ supports that
StL County Judicial System does, too

but this is just yet another gross lawsuit pandering for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ -- really shows greed & ignorance IMHO

but Dorian is just a tool tagging along on McSpadden & Brown Sr's lawsuit - totally a JOKE

I can't believe some lawyers that practice out there :)

DW was physically attacked by a 6'3" 300-pound street criminal. Then he was falsely accused, physically threatened, his family threatened, had to go into hiding, and had to endure a lengthy and very stressful GJ proceeding. And lost his livelihood. He is and was the victim in that case.

And blaming the victim is not allowed. I know you know that.

WTF -- Well, saved me some time . . .

just trying to help with correct legal terms :)

to be acquitted first charges would need to be filed against you & that never happened in StL County this summer -- just keepin' it real

here's what Fox2Now is reporting (IHMO better reporting that Post-Dispatch)

Michael Brown’s friend sues Ferguson, Officer Darren Wilson and police chief

http://fox2now.com/2015/05/05/michael-browns-friend-sue-ferguson-wilson-police-chief-2/

The suit alleges Wilson intentionally assaulted Johnson by stopping him without justification, withdrawing his weapon, and threatening to discharge it.

wasn't there a warrant out for DJs arrest in Cole County MO at this time . . .

here's what Fox2Now is reporting (IHMO better reporting that Post-Dispatch)

Michael Brown’s friend sues Ferguson, Officer Darren Wilson and police chief

http://fox2now.com/2015/05/05/michael-browns-friend-sue-ferguson-wilson-police-chief-2/

The suit alleges Wilson intentionally assaulted Johnson by stopping him without justification, withdrawing his weapon, and threatening to discharge it.

wasn't there a warrant out for DJs arrest in Cole County MO at this time . . .

Oh, for heaven's sake! DW didn't even draw his weapon until MB started beating on him. DJ should be suing the estate of MB, and the family of MB for raising such a violent street criminal. And he should sue himself for good measure.

I hope this suit never makes it anywhere near the inside of a courtroom.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back