MD - Freddie Gray dies in police custody #3 *INDICTMENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was ruled a homicide, not a murder. Charges have been brought for murder but I've heard no evidence. How was he murdered?

It seems we will have to wait for the trial. Until then, yes, there are charges, and FG is a victim.

IMO< she has so much more --- I think we all are going to be appalled when we learn more--------I think one of the five ratted, obviously something very evil happened, and attempts to cover it up were made.

Arrested without incident? He is dead - dont know of any other "incident" more signfigant

will charges be thrown out sure

will some of em not serve time - probably most

what matters is they were indicited, and society wise that is a very good message

not ok for anyone in ones custudy to cease living........................at its core............it is just that simple..................

IMO
I have posted before that I believe she does have more evidence that we don't know about. So does the BPD from their investigation. The problem for her IMO is that she has to first be able to get the documented charges heard upheld on May 27th. I don't think that she will be able to do that. Either the knife is legal or it isn't. If it isn't there goes all of the false arrest, kidnapping and assault charges even before it goes to trial. So there is no hidden evidence to be heard on those.
The arrests for manslaughter and murder stem from not getting medical aide, and not seat belting in the prisoner. The seat belting in she even says in her charging documents are BPD order. She never states that there is law requiring prisoners to be seat belted in. The charges have to fit the crime or a hearing judge is going to drop those charges. I have heard the EMS calls for medical care during FG's transport, and it was mentioned on one of the MSM shows yesterday. Foxnews, I believe.
Unless she can amend the charges, I think she is sunk before it even hits a jury trial.
All just my opinion based on other trials I have watched.

It seems we will have to wait for the trial. Until then, yes, there are charges, and FG is a victim.

He's also a career criminal who resisted arrest and fled from officers. Not that he deserved to die over it who knows what really happened yet. I think this country could use an education in resisting arrest.

He's also a career criminal who resisted arrest and fled from officers. Not that he deserved to die over it who knows what really happened yet. I think this country could use an education in resisting arrest.

Only he wasn't being arrested when he fled. And when he was arrested, there's no evidence that has been revealed that he did offer "resistance" -- the cops in question state he was arrested without incident. Mind you, it's possible that what they say and what is truth might be two different things.

Only he wasn't being arrested when he fled. And when he was arrested, there's no evidence that has been revealed that he did offer "resistance" -- the cops in question state he was arrested without incident. Mind you, it's possible that what they say and what is truth might be two different things.

I'm sure the truth goes in separate directions but there ultimately will be only one truth, I await the day. I wish for the truth to come out for everyone's sake.

If you are walking your bike, and you see a cop, and then you drop your bike and RUN---what should the cop think? Doesn't common sense say the cops should give chase?

I am sure he KNEW he was being chased and was told to stop. He kept running away--that is resistance right there.

IMO, FG was not all that honest himself.

.... I think this country could
use an education in resisting arrest.
sbm

Peliman -
I think too many ppl in US already have both education & experience in resisting arrest.

Maybe better subject = complying w arresting LEOs.

Wouldn't it also be resisting arrest if he was not injured but playing a game of being injured forcing law enforcement to have to half carry him to the van? Even the SA said whatever happened happened in the van.

Wouldn't it also be resisting arrest if he was not injured but playing a game of being injured forcing law enforcement to have to half carry him to the van? Even the SA said whatever happened happened in the van.

Once a person pulls away from an officer attempting to arrest them, it's resisting. They didn't have him in a leg lace because he was compliant. IMO

I'm sure when it goes to trial we'll hear much more. I'd like to know his toxicology in both qualitative and quantitative analysis. I'm also awaiting ALL the radio transmissions. This thing could swing one way or another in a heartbeat.

I don't think any of that affected her decision to bring charges or what kind. I think what motivated her was not secret but widely reported by every msm source in this country. MOO

me too - Interestingly I dont even care about outcome - its gonna be a circus for the next 3-4 years.......it is however a warning, gals and guys in LE , you better shape up, those cell phones are everywhere ........enough already............

It was ruled a homicide, not a murder. Charges have been brought for murder but I've heard no evidence. How was he murdered?

I dont know, homicide to me means murder- its not like there is a in-between, can their be a homicide that is NOT a murder, I dont know...................................

and you see - it gets better -- legally - there is no such thing as resisting arrest as the sole charge - yet they do it all the time. The only way for someone to be resisting arrest- is to be placed under arrest for something. In this case they used the knife - but there is no way to just have a ressiting arrest, without an accompaning charge first -- casue then one is not under arrest - so how could someone be resisting something when they are not under arrest for anything

they do it all the time

Resisting Arrest Without Violence, also referred to as Resisting Officer Without Violence, or Resisting Without, is one of the most abused charges alleged by law enforcement officers. Especially when the circumstances or evidence relating to an arrest are questionable.

http://www.figueroalawfirm.com/Criminal-Defense/Resisting-Arrest-Without-Violence.shtml

This ""arrested without incident"" is just so obserd to me He.Is.Dead.

If that does not qualify as an "incident" what does? Its laughable, IMO

Maybe because he was not currently in violation and did not have a warrant? Just thinking. I don't know this to be true in FG's case, but plenty of people have a long criminal history and serve their time/pay their fines and are then free to go.
FG had been arrested 29 times in the last 7 years for serious charges. He should have been in prison but our revolving door justice system keep releasing these criminals to pray on civilized society.

me too - Interestingly I dont even care about outcome - its gonna be a circus for the next 3-4 years.......it is however a warning, gals and guys in LE , you better shape up, those cell phones are everywhere ........enough already............

I care about the outcome. I want justice to be done. Whatever that looks like. The thought of a pound of flesh for the sake of appearances or putting whoever on notice does not appeal to me. The truth does. Nothing less than that.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

If you are walking your bike, and you see a cop, and then you drop your bike and RUN---what should the cop think? Doesn't common sense say the cops should give chase?

I am sure he KNEW he was being chased and was told to stop. He kept running away--that is resistance right there.

IMO, FG was not all that honest himself.

However, according to TOS, Freddy is a victim. We know your stance on LE, but I did review the rules again just today, and FG, as a victim is off limits.

It's insane that people are so ignorant that they don't know it's a bad idea to resist, but I guess that's the way kids are being raised these days. Anyways, Atlanta is nipping that ignorance in the bud:

Police watchdog group plans 'Don't Run' ad campaign

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/2015/05/05/dont-run-campaign/26947579/

I dont know, homicide to me means murder- its not like there is a in-between, can their be a homicide that is NOT a murder, I dont know...................................

FYI for anyone thinking 'homicide' and 'murder' are synonyms.

"Homicide
Homicide is when one human being causes the death of another. Not all homicide is murder, as some killings are manslaughter, and some are lawful, such as when justified by an affirmative defense, like insanity or self-defense
."
^ from https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/homicide (Cornell U. Law School)

1. (idiomatic) The practice of insisting that a word means whatever one wishes it to.

"From the fictional character Humpty Dumpty in Lewis Caroll's Through the Looking-Glass, who, when asked what he meant by "glory", replies "I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!'". Alice protests that this isn't the meaning of "glory" and Humpty Dumpty replies "When I use a word it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less." "
^
from http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Humpty_Dumptyism

Criminal.lawyers.com says that homicide is the killing of one person by another. Murder is a form of criminal homicide. All homicides are not criminal, thus all homicides are not murders.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

Yes, well, the report states he was arrested without incident. According to LE, he didn't resist arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak