AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LietKynes

Former Member
Reaction score
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-30...een-case-went-police-2006-Oprah-concerns.html

Unsealed police report reveals 'Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar covered up after eldest son Josh confessed to repeatedly fondling girls when he was a teen - and case only went to police in 2006 because of Oprah concerns'

The police report says the alleged victims 'live with Jim Bob and Michelle'

Jim Bob then refused to produce his son, and police could not pursue charges due to the statute of limitations running out

So... he was abusing his own sisters FGS ??

At that point Jim Bob reportedly informed the elders at his church of the situation, but no one notified law enforcement.

When Jim Bob and Michelle were interviewed, they detailed the allegations, which happened at a time when Josh and at least one victim 'were sleeping in a common room.'

The Duggar children now sleep in single-sex bedrooms, with all the girls sharing a bedroom and the boys sharing another bedroom.

While considering the source of this article...... Makes me angry their church , and the Family Research Council also conspired with the Duggars to cover this up.
And what the heck was wrong with the parents, to make the kids of both genders sleep in the same room ?

One wonders just how deep the levels of perversion and creepiness may go in this family ?

If nothing wrong was done... then why the cover up ?

:moo:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3091501/Unsealed-police-report-reveals-Jim-Bob-Michelle-Duggar-covered-eldest-son-Josh-confessed-repeatedly-fondling-girls-teen-case-went-police-2006-Oprah-concerns.html

Unsealed police report reveals 'Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar covered up after eldest son Josh confessed to repeatedly fondling girls when he was a teen - and case only went to police in 2006 because of Oprah concerns'

The police report says the alleged victims 'live with Jim Bob and Michelle'

Jim Bob then refused to produce his son, and police could not pursue charges due to the statute of limitations running out

So... he was abusing his own sisters FGS ??

At that point Jim Bob reportedly informed the elders at his church of the situation, but no one notified law enforcement.

When Jim Bob and Michelle were interviewed, they detailed the allegations, which happened at a time when Josh and at least one victim 'were sleeping in a common room.'

The Duggar children now sleep in single-sex bedrooms, with all the girls sharing a bedroom and the boys sharing another bedroom.

While considering the source of this article...... Makes me angry their church , and the Family Research Council also conspired with the Duggars to cover this up.
And what the heck was wrong with the parents, to make the kids of both genders sleep in the same room ?

One wonders just how deep the levels of perversion and creepiness may go in this family ?

If nothing wrong was done... then why the cover up ?

I read the redacted reports on Daily Mail. It appears one may have been a girl who spent the night. I don't think they were actually sharing rooms. Instead, these things seem to have occurred when he went into their rooms and also when they had large gatherings and kids fell asleep on couches or whatever.

In any event, sexual exploitation/molestation more readily occurs in cultures/families with highly puritanical and repressive views about the body and sex. Sleeping in the same room with opposite gender siblings is not, IMO, at all the problem or root of things like this. Normal siblings would not be aroused by the proximity of a sibling. I actually think had this kid not been made to feel that the female body was a mysterious and dangerous thing and had he been able to interact more normally with non-family member females of his own age, this might not have happened. I don't know.

But such hypocrisy that he is screaming via the FRC about the evils of gay marriage and how that ruins the family. Hmm...

TMZ is reporting this happened in 2002 when he was 14.

I read the redacted reports on Daily Mail. It appears one may have been a girl who spent the night. I don't think they were actually sharing rooms. Instead, these things seem to have occurred when he went into their rooms and also when they had large gatherings and kids fell asleep on couches or whatever.

In any event, sexual exploitation/molestation more readily occurs in cultures/families with highly puritanical and repressive views about the body and sex. Sleeping in the same room with opposite gender siblings is not, IMO, at all the problem or root of things like this. Normal siblings would not be aroused by the proximity of a sibling. I actually think had this kid not been made to feel that the female body was a mysterious and dangerous thing and had he been able to interact more normally with non-family member females of his own age, this might not have happened. I don't know.

But such hypocrisy that he is screaming via the FRC about the evils of gay marriage and how that ruins the family. Hmm...
BBM - Unfortunately, this mentality probably (JMO) resulted in the victims being blamed for not being modest enough (in their own rooms while they were trying to sleep :facepalm:) hence them 'forgiving' him as per the reports.

RSBM Emphasis mine

My opinion is that you are correct , Gitana.
Didn't want to make this thread go off-topic ; but some acquaintances of my husband know a former president of a religious college who gave blistering sermons on the evils of an alternate lifestyle --- and at the same time he was actively pursuing gay lovers as well as giving his wife a fatal case of aids. :(
This president is now deceased, but besides his wife dying of aids his oldest son committed suicide and his youngest daughter has substance abuse problems -- my opinion is that his family was harmed not by his lifestyle so much as his hypocrisy.

As far as the Duggars , the DM article didn't say if this son has left his abusive ways or not. One would think that reality tv and TLC in particular would want to begin distancing themselves from them ?

My opinion to both parents, Jim Bob and Michelle : Since there was an investigation, you should have let the law work the way it's supposed to, and not hidden your son away so he couldn't be interviewed. Hiding him was the worst option possible ; since being open and honest is the best policy , and that's what your show is based on. Smh.

I do believe this whole thing will lead to the end of the Duggars on TLC...kinda like Honey Boo Boo, after all those allegations.

(above, u/by me)

Well, you know why that is, don't you? He's diverting the attention away from himself, and his situation. If they're focusing on this, they won't be looking too closely at him.

FWIW, I absolutely believe this happened. I know there are others who doubt the rumors. But with the strict upbringing he had, where even normal developmental issues and curiosities are seen as "sins" and bad, absolutely he acted out.

TMZ is reporting this happened in 2002 when he was 14.

His young age and the circumstances of his family lifestyle and culture make me hopeful that this may have been sexual acting out on the part of a very sexually repressed young person rather than evidence of a budding pedophile.

I do not really note discomfort on the part of his sisters around him (on the show). They still seem relatively close. So it's possible that this was temporary thing. I believe pedophiles never change. But I also believe that there can be sexual exploitation/abuse by a young person under the age of 17 or so that does not become a part of their identity and is not indicative of pedophilia even while it is predatory and abusive.

I hope I'm right because he has little girls.

RSBM

Regarding iluvmua's link......

As we previously reported ... Duggar was the subject of a police investigation in 2006 for allegedly sexually molesting five girls, some of whom are his sisters...

Holy crapola... I don't spend much time on this site --- how accurate is it ?
Anyone know ?
Destroying the evidence is going to finish them ; imo.
They need to be honest about this if they're going to survive this and keep making shows on TLC.

Does that surprise anyone? Not me for sure.
Nobody is perfect. I bet these people got all kind of things going on not featured on their show.

RSBM

Regarding iluvmua's link......

As we previously reported ... Duggar was the subject of a police investigation in 2006 for allegedly sexually molesting five girls, some of whom are his sisters...

Holy crapola... I don't spend much time on this site --- how accurate is it ?
Anyone know ?
Destroying the evidence is going to finish them ; imo.
They need to be honest about this if they're going to survive this and keep making shows on TLC.

You can read the actual police report.
Here:
"A 2006 police report obtained by In Touch Weekly magazine revealed that one of the Duggar siblings, of TLC's "19 Kids and Counting," allegedly sexually assaulted four female siblings in the large family, plus an additional female victim."
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...rs-another-female-according-to-police-report/

His young age and the circumstances of his family lifestyle and culture make me hopeful that this may have been sexual acting out on the part of a very sexually repressed young person rather than evidence of a budding pedophile.

I do not really note discomfort on the part of his sisters around him (on the show). They still seem relatively close. So it's possible that this was temporary thing. I believe pedophiles never change. But I also believe that there can be sexual exploitation/abuse by a young person under the age of 17 or so that does not become a part of their identity and is not indicative of pedophilia even while it is predatory and abusive.

I hope I'm right because he has little girls.

Sisters seem o'key around him? Al righty then. Never mind that females in that family are actually thaught to be subservient to men. You think they would actually show their true feelings on TV?

The family didn't report it for a year....

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/...leged-sex-offenses-for-more-than-a-year-58906

Police Report:

http://imgur.com/a/zqPMi#0

The state trooper who took the report was later convicted of child *advertiser censored* and is serving a 56-year prison sentence.

By the time there was interest in reopening the case, the statute of limitations had passed and the investigation was dropped.

Josh's wife Anna, 26, reaffirmed her support for her husband after the news broke Thursday, telling People that he confessed his "past teenage mistakes" two years before he proposed to her.

She stressed that her husband received counseling that “changed his life.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...nderage-sexual-abuse-report-article-1.2231301

"Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends," Josh, 27, tells PEOPLE in a statement. "I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life."

http://www.people.com/article/josh-duggar-molestation-accusations-duggars-respond

Duggar sibling sexually assaulted sisters, another female, according to police report

A 2006 police report obtained by In Touch Weekly magazine revealed that one of the Duggar siblings, of TLC's "19 Kids and Counting," allegedly sexually assaulted four female siblings in the large family, plus an additional female victim.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...rs-another-female-according-to-police-report/

http://time.com/3893414/josh-duggar-molestation-accusation/

“Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends,” Duggar, who was accused as a teenager of molesting five underage girls, told PEOPLE in a statement. “I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation.”

http://gawker.com/josh-duggar-confirms-teen-molestation-reports-1706150395

http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/21/josh-...statement-resigns-confessed-sex-scandal-wife/

Josh Duggar has resigned as Executive Director of the Family Research Council, acknowledging he sexually molested underage girls including some of his sisters, calling his conduct inexcusable.

Sisters seem o'key around him? Al righty then. Never mind that females in that family are actually thaught to be subservient to men. You think they would actually show their true feelings on TV?

Well yes, that's true. They are taught to be subservient and of course they do put on a veneer for tv. I think they actually adopted the FLDS "keep sweet" mantra.

In any event, he admitted the allegations are true and resigned from the FRC today.

Well yes, that's true. They are taught to be subservient and of course they do put on a veneer for tv. I think they actually adopted the FLDS "keep sweet" mantra.

In any event, he admitted the allegations are true and resigned from the FRC today.

RSBM

Well, perhaps he is 'cured' of repeating these acts. And that would be a good thing.
My .02 is that I didn't like how it was handled by his parents.

rsbm

Gosh, how will the prestigious Family Research Council ever survive such a blow?

From: http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/groups/family-research-council

"The Family Research Council (FRC) bills itself as “the leading voice for the family in our nation’s halls of power,” but its real specialty is defaming gays and lesbians. The FRC often makes false claims about the LGBT community based on discredited research and junk science. The intention is to denigrate LGBT people in its battles against same-sex marriage, hate crimes laws, anti-bullying programs and the repeal of the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy."

I am on pages 12 and 13 of the report. Holy Smokes!!!

Thankfully, I never liked these people. Now I know more about why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth