DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is something that bugs me. Working at someone's business as a welder you usually wouldn't know the actual address of the CEO. You might learn general area or sub division, but not the actual address.

The security system actually bothers me less. Didn't he enter during the daytime? You have two parents, a child, 2 dogs and a housekeeper going in and out. The door could have been open or he could have accosted any of them as they came or went. As far as what he did to the security system, once he had them under control he could get any info he needed about the system.

Nowdays all you need is a computer with an internet and a name to find out the address.

And, with all that said ("How things are supposed to run") the guy could have knocked on the door in his flourescent green vest and when the door was opened, powered his way in.

And, with all that said ("How things are supposed to run") the guy could have knocked on the door in his flourescent green vest and when the door was opened, powered his way in.
And, that is why I don't answer my door to anyone who hasn't told me they are coming over.

It's not random because he worked as welder for the company many years ago.
Not a shred of evidence exists he knew any of domestic help.

Wondering if Wint did any odd jobs for SS?

So, it seems to me that some people are willing to blame the victims because they didn't have what they deem to be the 'proper' security systems in place.

I'm going to be shocked if the others traveling with him are just let go.

So, it seems to me that some people are willing to blame the victims because they didn't have what they deem to be the 'proper' security systems in place.

Or they weren't behaving as proper rich people should, because their domestic help had overlapping duties.

Wondering if Wint did any odd jobs for SS?
I'm betting he had a friend or relative who had done some business or service for the family. He is said to have had a cousin who worked at AIW who was recently fired. That person could have had information about the home address, etc. Or one of his associates might have been with either the building contractor, a caterer or the cement company...it could have been any loose connection, really.

Not blame but clear observations of the facts.

I'm going to be shocked if the others traveling with him are just let go.

The brother was driving the truck with the money in it
Wouldn't he be arrested for that if he couldn't prove it was his?

I'm betting he had a friend or relative who had done some business or service for the family. He is said to have had a cousin who worked at AIW who was recently fired. That person could have had information about the home address, etc. Or one of his associates might have been with either the building contractor, a caterer or the cement company...it could have been any loose connection, really.

I can find information for home address using an internet search. In 1 minute I entered a name and found out where SS lived.
What else does someone need but a name? Nothing.

Ugh!!! Going to go to work with/for my wealthy clients, now.

I dunno. He seemed to have hold a grudge for something.

Agree on the grudge, but from almost 10 years ago? I just feel that there is a more recent connection. Did SS feel sorry for DW and gave him work as a handyman or something like that? The almost 10 year span of time is puzzling. Not saying I don't think Wint is the perp. Any info as to what Wint did as jobs in the past 10 years?

Right? My brother and sister in law live in a very ritzy part of DC also and although my brother in laws employees don't do household stuff, they've certainly been there before and would run there on an errand If he requested. Their household help is fluid and the "schedules" change all the time- it's an as needed thing- all the household people do all the things- like all in one- they nanny the kids when needed or drop them at activities or do laundry and fold and put away or help cook/clean or whatever they need. It's so much less stressful to have a couple people you know really well that can do all the stuff you need. That's just what I gathered from them- and they are also very hands-on with their household - so they do a lot of their own stuff as well when they want.

I don't see at all what the big deal is about "blurred lines" or how that opens them up to being victimized.

These people are victims of a crime. They did NOT do anything to bring his on or cause this. They are good people and kind by what we've learned about them, their philanthropy, the way the dad treated his employees, etc. it's not unusual to have close relationships with the people in your inner circle. If someone takes advantage of that kindness it is not the fault of them. Man. That was bugging me.

And from my experience there are people who view their "staff"strictly as the help.

And there are those that view their staff as an extension of their family and treat them as close confidants and friends. Kind of like how people have different parenting styles.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

Great news about the arrest!

Does anybody find it odd that the person SS asked to deliver $40,000 was somebody who had only worked for him a "few months"?

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29129466/savopoulos-assistant

He was hired as a driver and the Bentley, Range Rovers and Porsches he drove for them were worth a lot more than $40,000.

I don't think he even knew (reportedly) what was in the package--he was just told to deliver it, which would have been appropriate for his position. And I assume this is the employee who called SS's cell phone, crying, when he heard the news about the fire and bodies in the house.

And $40,000 is not that much money in the upscale DC environment. Phillip's annual private school tuition was more than that, and it did not include boarding. It sounds like a lot to us, but I'm sure SS would have written a check for $4,000,000 to save his family, if given the choice.

Agree on the grudge, but from almost 10 years ago? I just feel that there is a more recent connection. Did SS feel sorry for DW and gave him work as a handyman or something like that? The almost 10 year span of time is puzzling. Not saying I don't think Wint is the perp. Any info as to what Wint did as jobs in the past 10 years?

Some people hold grudges for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member