DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know the girlfriend did cover for him. They got him soon after interviewing her, right?

LOL that he was staying at a Howard Johnson's. Dude had 40K and limited freedom. He really should have gone for the Four Seasons.

You can read all the docs in this article here. Just scroll through at the top. - http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29135187/daron-wint-court

There's some new info in there - ie: AS was the one who ordered the pizza (while being held captive); numerous neon lime green vests were found in the garage, etc.

There was pretty much DEFINITELY more than one killer here.

jmo

Do they know that the vests didn't belong to the family? They were showing around a photo of a green vest, so I presume they think perps wore these vests?

NO!!! That's not correct. Read it again... :) I have transcribed every word of that tweet window so we can copy and paste parts we need to look at.
Here it is:

"As detectives continued to question W-1, IT changed IT's account of the events regarding how IT received the package, where IT left the package and when IT was told to get the package. When W-1 was questioned about a test IT had received from Mr. Savopoulos on Wednesday, May 13, 2015, W-1 changed IT's statement.

This text was addressed to W-1 and the text directed IT to meet the other employee on Thursday morning in Hyattsville to pick up the package. After being shown the text, W-1 admitted the text was accurate and IT made a mistake about when IT was first told to get the package. W-1 was also questioned about what the money was contained in when IT received the money from the other employee.

W-1 stated what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W-1. W-1 admitted that IT had lied when IT stated the money was in a manila envelope when IT received the money from the other employee.

W-1 stated what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W-1. W-1 then drove to Mr. Savopoulos' house and called Mr. Savopoulos ten minutes before IT arrived at the home.

Mr. Savopoulos told W-1 to leave the money in the car inside the garage. W-1 stated, when IT arrived at Mr. Savopoulos' garage, IT placed the money inside a manila envelope that was in IT's car. After placing the money in the envelope W-1 stated IT placed the envelope on the drivers seat of the car in the garage."
Change all the IT's to he or him or his.

I can't figure out why the assistant lied, or if it means anything sinister.

So he basically lied about when he was told to get the money, what kind of container the money came in, and whether the car in the garage was locked or unlocked.

I just can't figure out the significance of that right now. Anyone else?

Maybe they were working him as a suspect which is why they say he lied (rather than simply mistaken about some details).

Do they know that the vests didn't belong to the family? They were showing around a photo of a green vest, so I presume they think perps wore these vests?

No, we don't know that at all, or at least I don't. I'm under the impression the perps wore the vests too. One was found in the Porsche and more in the garage. Could that be how they got in?

I wonder when more arrests will come.

jmo

From a newscast the other day, it was stated that SS had a box of vests that he used while visiting sites. jmo

NO!!! That's not correct. Read it again... :) I have transcribed every word of that tweet window so we can copy and paste parts we need to look at.
Here it is:

"As detectives continued to question W-1, IT changed IT's account of the events regarding how IT received the package, where IT left the package and when IT was told to get the package. When W-1 was questioned about a test IT had received from Mr. Savopoulos on Wednesday, May 13, 2015, W-1 changed IT's statement.

This text was addressed to W-1 and the text directed IT to meet the other employee on Thursday morning in Hyattsville to pick up the package. After being shown the text, W-1 admitted the text was accurate and IT made a mistake about when IT was first told to get the package. W-1 was also questioned about what the money was contained in when IT received the money from the other employee.

W-1 stated what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W-1. W-1 admitted that IT had lied when IT stated the money was in a manila envelope when IT received the money from the other employee.

W-1 stated what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W-1. W-1 then drove to Mr. Savopoulos' house and called Mr. Savopoulos ten minutes before IT arrived at the home.

Mr. Savopoulos told W-1 to leave the money in the car inside the garage. W-1 stated, when IT arrived at Mr. Savopoulos' garage, IT placed the money inside a manila envelope that was in IT's car. After placing the money in the envelope W-1 stated IT placed the envelope on the drivers seat of the car in the garage."

As detectives continued to question W-1, IT changed HIS account of the events regarding how HE received the package, where HE left the package and when HE was told to get the package. When W-1 was questioned about a text HE had received from Mr. Savopoulos on Wednesday, May 13, 2015, W-1 changed HIS statement.

This text was addressed to W-1 and the text directed HIM to meet the other employee on Thursday morning in Hyattsville to pick up the package. After being shown the text, W-1 admitted the text was accurate and HE made a mistake about when HE was first told to get the package. W-1 was also questioned about what the money was contained in when HE received the money from the other employee.

W-1 stated what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W-1. W-1 admitted that HE had lied when HE stated the money was in a manila envelope when HE received the money from the other employee.

W-1 stated what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W-1. W-1 then drove to Mr. Savopoulos' house and called Mr. Savopoulos ten minutes before HE arrived at the home.

Mr. Savopoulos told W-1 to leave the money in the car inside the garage. W-1 stated, when HE arrived at Mr. Savopoulos' garage, HE placed the money inside a manila envelope that was in HIS car. After placing the money in the envelope W-1 stated HE placed the envelope on the drivers seat of the car in the garage.

Green vests. Is there a utility company or some other service company that wears green vests?

From a newscast the other day, it was stated that SS had a box of vests that he used while visiting sites. jmo

Maybe then perp (or perps) took the vests SS already had?

I am really confused but what I did get out of this is that SS texted Wednesday for the money, not Thursday. What time Wednesday? Was it really for the ransom initially if the "flurry" of calls to make the arrangements didn't happen until Thursday?

The way I read this - and I have read several times now - is:

W-1 got a text from SS. This text said some version of: get "IT" to meet you and Employee X at the office. Employee X will give "IT" something to take to the house. Drive in separate cars to the house and witness "IT" put what Employee X gave him on the seat of the red car. Call me when "IT" is ten minutes away.

W-1 AND "IT" BOTH went to the house to put the cash in the red car. That was smart, and it is what any good business person would do. Employee X handed over the money, it was put in a red bag owned by W-1, who was directing the operation. W-1 SAW "IT" put the cash from the red bag into the red car after putting it into a manilla envelope that "IT" had in his car.

That's how I read this. "IT" either lied or got several things all screwed up when he/she told the story and their stories therefore did not quite match. It specifically says WHILE W-1 was being questioned, "IT's" story changed. This just may be the police double-dotting i's and crossing t's. It's their job.

Does this makes sense you guys?

CFofxXzVAAE6YPm.jpg:large

I can't figure out why the assistant lied, or if it means anything sinister.

So he basically lied about when he was told to get the money, what kind of container the money came in, and whether the car in the garage was locked or unlocked.

I just can't figure out the significance of that right now. Anyone else?

I don't know what the significance of the discrepancies are but the fact that "W-1 admitted that he had lied" rather than said he misspoke or was mistaken seems significant to me.

As detectives continued to question W-1, IT changed HIS account of the events regarding how HE received the package, where HE left the package and when HE was told to get the package. When W-1 was questioned about a text HE had received from Mr. Savopoulos on Wednesday, May 13, 2015, W-1 changed HIS statement.

This text was addressed to W-1 and the text directed HIM to meet the other employee on Thursday morning in Hyattsville to pick up the package. After being shown the text, W-1 admitted the text was accurate and HE made a mistake about when HE was first told to get the package. W-1 was also questioned about what the money was contained in when HE received the money from the other employee.

W-1 stated what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W-1. W-1 admitted that HE had lied when HE stated the money was in a manila envelope when HE received the money from the other employee.

W-1 stated what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W-1. W-1 then drove to Mr. Savopoulos' house and called Mr. Savopoulos ten minutes before HE arrived at the home.

Mr. Savopoulos told W-1 to leave the money in the car inside the garage. W-1 stated, when HE arrived at Mr. Savopoulos' garage, HE placed the money inside a manila envelope that was in HIS car. After placing the money in the envelope W-1 stated HE placed the envelope on the drivers seat of the car in the garage.

Did we see the same tweet? Because the one I saw had IT all over the place, and it reads like W-1 and IT are two separate people. Is there another source you are referencing?

I've typed out the most interesting segment to me replacing IT with him/his. This is not a quote from anywhere, just made it easier for me to understand:

One horrifying thought I had was perhaps W-1 didn't deliver all of the money.

BBM. It sounds like that is where this is headed.

JMO

$40,000 Delivered to Family's Home

On Wednesday, FOX 5's Paul Wagner reported a large amount of money was scheduled to be delivered at the Savopoulos' D.C. home last week. According to Nelitza Gutierrez, a housekeeper working for the Savopoulos family, $40,000 in cash was to be delivered to the house on Woodland Drive on May 14, the day the bodies were found after a fire.

In an off-camera interview, Gutierrez says an assistant was scheduled to drop off the cash to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Virginia. The housekeeper says she spoke with the person who was supposed to make the delivery and he confirmed he dropped it off at the house that morning.

Gutierrez is the same housekeeper who received a text message on the morning of May 14 telling her not to come to the Savopoulos' home because the family was sick.

That is an excerpt from the information posted at the link upthread (http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29135187/daron-wint-court)

Sounds like our old friend NG and the courier gave conflicting information here. It's certainly a bad time for either one to get caught in a lie. Just one of them lied? Or both?

I hope the police are aware that the niece who lives in FL posted about this cash delivery days before we heard the news reports about it in the comments section of a news website. I can't remember if she mentioned the timing....but if she did I wonder how that info compares to the affidavits?

Did we see the same tweet? Because the one I saw had IT all over the place, and it reads like W-1 and IT are two separate people. Is there another source you are referencing?

That's what you typed with IT replaced with HE/HIM/HIS (could be SHE/HER/HERS if you think W-1 is female). I think W-1 and IT are one and the same.

I don't know what the significance of the discrepancies are but the fact that "W-1 admitted that he had lied" rather than said he misspoke or was mistaken seems significant to me.

To me it sounds like he was mistaken about some of the details and they are making a big deal out of it. He lied about money being in an envelope originally when it was in a red bag. Big oppie doo. What does it have to do with the crime? Nothing as far as I can tell.

They slip here and there and use "he." At one point it says W-1 called SS when he was about 10 minutes away.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members