DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to have noticed that SS voice message to NG initially was normal and slow . From the point where you could hear Philip , talk which was much faster towards the end .

I think Philip was a strong and courageous young one who tried to take the opportunity to inform his terrible situation .

I will follow very closely what punishment receives this beast

Blur the lines? I am sorry but you have lost me. I have heard of nothing to suggest that Savvas was anything other than a reputable honest and decent man. Are you saying Savvas was having him doing improper things? If so, such as what? He had only been his assistant since March. As long as he was on duty and being paid.... bringing the money to the home wouldn't be improper but would actually be expected of him if Savvas requested him to do so.

Well there has to be some reason why he lied to LE and they do believe he lied and did not mistakenly get things mxed up. IMO

But as far as Savvas ever doing anything improper there isn't one thing to support that notion that I have seen.

IMO

By "blurring the lines" some poster here meant that domestic help had overlapping or not clearly defined duties.
Apparently rich people are supposed to have multiple help with non-overlapping duties.

Guys they ARE still looking for the car- the link I posted above is continuously updated but here's a screen grab that was added 40 mins ago.
8ccefa4fcc48b61184724d46be7bc5ce.jpg

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

Just a few thoughts of mine this morning.

To begin, thanks to all the posters that participate here and all the Mods for allowing open and cordial exchange of ideas. I'm horrified by this case and have found no better place to get the latest information or some of the most intelligent conversation.

In regard to the latter, we have two witnesses in this case that have provided misinformation. I don't think one should be treated differently than the other. They chose to say what they did. Then facts belied their statements. If the reason is innocent, that's to be determined by the authorities, but we do not know if it truly has been yet.

Discussing the disparity in statements is a fact of the case. It does not disparage either individual, but any speculation about WHY...should be considered without exemptions for one witness and not the other. In a case this horrific, minds should not be closed in my opinion because we really don't KNOW the character of any of these people,do we? We don't know them. It may be the case that their employers, to their great peril, did not "know" them either...their envy, anger etc. I'm thinking of the Nanny murders in NYC.

That being said, LE has chosen to emphasize in the charging papers, certain lies by one certain witness. There's a reason for that...not just taking up space in the document.

Now, some of my speculation....opinion only. The driver was fired from the GoCart business. Was he hired because the family thought he was fond of little Phillip? Had he been especially attentive to the child and that impressed them? Any of you who read Russian history, might recall the cruelty to the Tsar's son, by the sailor they had hired to be the child's companion for years...once the Tsar's power was gone. I'm thinking of SS being totally without "power" as the child was tortured.

And I wonder if this ordeal didn't start at the house, but instead when SS got in the car to come home. Was he picked up by that driver? Did he drive himself? The Maid said she rode in with him, but do we know anymore than that? And is that true? Did they pick her up?.

What if it all started at the Dojo...or as SS was leaving to go home?

Common method of hiding funds - storing money outside of using a bank. Flawed system but common with criminals.

Also much easier to travel with the money orders rather than stacks of cash. Which makes me think he was going to bounce- like back to Guyana.

I also think that W1 lied about the bag and in the picture only 20k was visible bc that was the split. 20k each was the payout

Ok resentment towards employers is one thing but to make that leap to being held hostage while your son is tortured then killed and burned? That's insane and I don't think blurred lines creates resentment. Like I mentioned before (maybe I wasn't clear) but my brother in law and sister in law have household employees who "blur" the lines. They are also very close to them and they are like family. This makes the relationship even better. They even watch our kids when we go visit and go out to dinner, etc.

But then again- any person in your house that you hire arguably could be a total psychopath- your own family could be psychopathic. Remember the kids killed by their nanny in NYC a few years ago? Yeah. That permanently scarred me.

You've misunderstood my post.

So the red car they owned is also missing?

I hadn't heard that before. That does mean he had someone inside with him I would think.

Just a few thoughts of mone this morning.

To begin, thanks to all the posters that participate here and all the Mods for allowing open and cordial exchange of ideas. I'm horrified by this case and have found no better place to get the latest information or some of the most intelligent conversation.

In regard to the latter, we have two witnesses in this case that have provid,Ed misinformation. I don't think one should be treated differently than the other. They chose to say what they did. Then facts belied their statements. If the reason is innocent, that's to be determined by the authorities, but we do not know if it truly has been yet.

Discussing the disparity in statements is a fact of the case. It does not disparage either individual, but any speculation about WHY...should be considered without exemptions for one witness and not the other. In a case this horrific, minds should it be closed in my opinion because we really don't KNOW the character of any of these people,do we?

That being said, LE has chosen to emphasize in the charging papers, certain lies by one certain witness. There's a reason for that...not just taking up space in the document.

Now, some of my speculation....opinion only. The driver was fired from the GoCart business. Was he hired because the family thought he was fond of little Phillip? Had he been especially attentive to the child and that impressed him. Any of you who read Russian history, might recall the cruelty to the Tsar's son, by the sailor they had be the child's companion for years...once the Tsar's power was gone. I'm thinking of SS being totally without "power" as the child was tortured.

And I wonder if this ordeal didn't start at the house, but instead when SS got in the car to come home. Was he picked up by that driver? Did he drive himself? The Maid said she rode on with him, but do we know anymore than that?

What if it all started at the Dojo...or as he was,saving to go home?

All very good points!

So the red car they owned is also missing?

I hadn't heard that before. That does mean he had someone inside with him I would think.

Yep! There have got to be traffic cameras in that area. I wonder if we can look through feeds to see if there is a red car cruising around.

Blur the lines? I am sorry but you have lost me. I have heard of nothing to suggest that Savvas was anything other than a reputable honest and decent man. Are you saying Savvas was having him doing improper things? If so, such as what? He had only been his assistant since March. As long as he was on duty and being paid.... bringing the money to the home wouldn't be improper but would actually be expected of him if Savvas requested him to do so.

Well there has to be some reason why he lied to LE and they do believe he lied and did not mistakenly get things mxed up. IMO He changed his story when they showed him a text that contradicted what he was telling them and then he changed his story about many things.

But as far as Savvas ever doing anything improper there isn't one thing to support that notion that I have seen.

IMO

I just saw your response. You've misunderstood my post. Since two people are responding with such confusion to what I wrote, I'm going to sign out. The moderators have done a great job of ensuring respectful and fairly calm discussion, and I don't want my innocuous post to contribute to derailing the thread!

I am confused. Is the red car missing or is the envelope missing? It says they did not find the envelope in the car so wouldn't it have to be there?

I just saw your response. You've misunderstood my post. Since two people are responding with such confusion to what I wrote, I'm going to sign out. The moderators have done a great job of ensuring respectful and fairly calm discussion, and I don't want my innocuous post to contribute to derailing the thread!

Please don't leave grace. I told you I wasn't sure what you were saying. I just wanted clarification on what it meant, that's all.

IMO

I am confused. Is the red car missing or is the envelope missing? It says they did not find the envelope in the car so wouldn't it have to be there?

Or maybe they were just saying the money and envelope weren't in the car. They were two red cars I thought? The article said the car was missing but court docs said that there was no trace of the money or envelope that was supposedly left in the garage in the car.

Or maybe they were just saying the money and envelope weren't in the car. They were two red cars I thought? The article said the car was missing but court docs said that there was no trace of the money or envelope that was supposedly left in the garage in the car.

I am pretty sure red car isn't missing, just some more bad reporting.

One longtime American Iron Works employee told police that he last saw Savvas Savopoulos at the Chantilly studio about 6 p.m. May 13, according to police documents.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

It was unclear whether the assistant made contact with anyone inside the house when he delivered the money. Police documents show that he was at a hardware store near the Chantilly studio in western Fairfax County from 11:30 a.m. to noon May 14 and was still in Virginia when 911 calls came later that afternoon about the fire 30 miles away in the District.

The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire.

1 bbm, The charging documents say it started just after 6pm.

2,3 bbm, The assistant was in a hardware store in chantilly and Savvas called the assistant at 11:54, Am I reading it right in that they did not talk? Or am I reading too much into it.? :)

I'm thinking out loud... Looks like there were three main lies:

1) W-1 originally said he/she received a CALL from Mr. S on Thursday, May 14, to pick up the money. The changed statement said that W-1 actually got a TEXT on Wednesday, May 13.

2) W-1 originally said he/she received the money from the other employee in a manilla envelope. The changed statement said that W-1 actually got the money in four bundles from the other employee's pockets (I'm assuming this was after the bank withdrawal). The money was then placed in a red bag belonging to W-1. The money was transferred to the manilla envelope (apparently also belonging to W-1) which was in W-1's car.

3) W-1 originally said the car was locked and he/she had to retrieve a key to unlock it. The changed statement said the car was unlocked when the money was placed.

Another interesting piece of info: This other person listed in the charging documents, W-2, got a text from W-1 at approximately 9:00 AM (May 14) showing photos and dialogue of the red bag with cash in it.

The bank the money was withdrawn from opens at 9:00 AM if my googling is correct. If the money was withdrawn from the bank via the bank manager, would they be able to get the money that quick and why would W-1 be chomping at the bit to send confirmation texts and photos to W-2?

I think potential reasons to lie about the above could be: W-1 didn't want the cops to know he/she had a red bag and manilla envelope ready to place cash in. W-1 didn't want the police to know he/she knew a day in advance there would be a large money pick up and drop off. W-1 didn't want the cops to know the car was conveniently unlocked and/or W-1 needed a reason for his/her fingerprints to be in an area of the house or garage where the lied-about-key was retrieved.

Apologies if all of this has been stated in previous threads.

I immediately thought of prints too. But since he drives the cars wouldn't his prints be all over the garage. Unless W-1 works totally out of AIW, and SS drives himself to and from work.

I thought immediately thought of prints too. But since he drives the cars wouldn't his prints be all over the garage. Unless W-1 works totally out of AIW, and SS drives himself to and from work.

W-1 drives the car, since he posted photos of the car's interior.

I seem to have noticed that SS voice message to NG initially was normal and slow . From the point where you could hear Philip , talk which was much faster towards the end .

I think Philip was a strong and courageous young one who tried to take the opportunity to inform his terrible situation .

I will follow very closely what punishment receives this beast

As I have never heard the voicemail, I googled and found perhaps part of the voicemail in one of the reports. But it didn't have Philip or anyone else that I could hear. :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82