DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I was referring to the prints in the water bottle, it's not rational (but it's possible ) that he ate the pizza with gloves and drank from the water bottle without them. At this stage I'm starting to believe anything is possible in this case.

sent from my mobile using tapatalk

Oh Sorry. What I found on that.

Police said during the hearing that they are looking at a plastic water bottle with fingerprints on it that was found at the crime scene.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...n-Murder-DC-Charging-Documents-304744581.html

During the hearing, prosecutors said that they believe they have Wint’s fingerprints on a water bottle found inside the Savopoulos’ home.

http://wtop.com/dc/2015/05/kidnapping-multiple-people-involved-in-deaths-of-savopoulos-family/

Prosecutors say there's a latent print on a water bottle from the mansion, and they want Wint's prints for a comparison.

Is this the truck DDW & chums had when LE stopped them, not a 'regular' rental truck?

"AFS has specially designed its Mobile Service Centers (MSCs) from the ground up to act as the pioneer and set new standards in Mobile Ve*hicle and Equipment Maintenance.

A virtual rolling garage, each of our MSCs is customized to service your fleet’s assets in remote locations." http://ameritfleetsolutions.com/mobile-service-center bbm

Did DDW or buddy rent it? Steal it? Was buddy an Amerit Fleet Solutions employee, had access?
Back to the question about -- what the heck they planned to use it for.
Sell tools & equipment from truck? Sell to chop-shop? Move furniture for chums? What? TIA.

Or did I misread writing on truck in arrest pix?
Last night, I was skimming through videos re: the arrest. In one video, I think it was Darcy Spencer with News4 Washington, I could have sworn I saw a bedroom dresser and boxes visible from the open side door of the back of that truck.

Last night, I was skimming through videos re: the arrest. In one video, I think it was Darcy Spencer with News4 Washington, I could have sworn I saw a bedroom dresser and boxes visible from the open side door of the back of that truck.

Yes. I think they were "relocating".

Anyone have any ideas why the driver told LE that the car in the garage was locked and he needed a key to open it, and then later said it was actually unlocked. That seems like an easy detail to remember.

Well, he's the official keeper of the cars. Maybe he's supposed to keep them locked at all times and realized he didn't. So he just said it was locked - because that's how he's supposed to leave them. Once they challenged him on the text/phone lie, he probably got grilled pretty hard and fessed up.

I am curious about Wednesday and how SS and NG got to the martial arts studio and to their respective homes. Did SS drive himself to work that day? Or did the driver transport him? Did the driver drive NG too?

The driver received a text from SS on Wednesday. What was it about? I would imagine SS texts the driver regularly - what was so special about this particular text that it is mentioned in the Charging Documents? When did it arrive?

If I recall correctly, the driver was at the martial arts studio with SS and AG on Wednesday. It's possible he drove all of them. I would assume the driver has his own car, so if he drives SS around, does he leave his own car at SS's house during the day? Did he bring SS home and then get in his own car and bring chatty NG home? (Speculation alert....I'm not claiming this to be a fact.)

I'm just trying to figure out WEDNESDAY activities for the driver.

JMO, speculation, pondering what we know as of now.

BBM

Per charging documents, Wednesday text that they (police) saw the text directed W-1 to "meet other employee on Thursday morning in Hyattsville to pick up the package."

http://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents
WednesdayText.JPG

Well, he's the official keeper of the cars. Maybe he's supposed to keep them locked at all times and realized he didn't. So he just said it was locked - because that's how he's supposed to leave them. Once they challenged him on the text/phone lie, he probably got grilled pretty hard and fessed up.

And this is the guy who reportedly called someone on Friday crying. He is under a lot of stress. I think police might be suspecting him, but they are barking at the wrong tree. Police think suspect didn't act alone (which makes a lot of sense, because it's hard to understand how one person can control 4 people). But so far I haven't seen any indication anyone else was there with the suspect.
Witness saw one guy with short hair driving away. You can see the photo of the suspect at the time of arrest. It looks like he has very short hair. I think he pulls his dreadlocks to make it appear he has short hair.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...n-Murder-DC-Charging-Documents-304744581.html

I never saw it mentioned where W-1 supposedly had to get the keys from (does anybody know?).

I was thinking that perhaps W-1 accidentally said he/she went into the house to get the keys which would have placed him/her in the vicinity of the killers. Or, perhaps W-1 has a copy of the car key and didn't want anybody to know.

Also, is there a chance the car was locked as in the initial statement and the second part where W-1 said they lied about the car being locked was the actual lie? (I skimmed the docs again and didn't see if the locked/unlocked part was backed up by texts or other witnesses).

I find the part about the car being locked/unlocked quite strange.

JMO (From from my sleuthing) the driver/assistant seems articulate, English is not a second language so there's no "lost in translation" problem, and he doesn't appear to have any mental deficiencies. Thus, I simply can't imagine he was just so upset/nervous when speaking to detectives that he made so many incorrect statements. (i.e. How the $ was packaged, how he obtained it, how he placed it in car in garage).

If the car was locked, would he have to enter the house to obtain the key? (Or maybe he didn't have to enter the home because the key was hanging on a rack in the garage? But, IF the key was kept in the garage, why not just leave it IN the car... in the glove box ?)

I'm anxious to read more documents and I hope that happens soon.

Alright. I've come up with a good reason why W-1 would say he got a phone call Thursday from SS instead of a text on Wednesday. By this time he knew the family was killed and the money was involved. HE was being grilled by LE! Big fear. He wanted to sound as if he had direct orders from SS and heard his voice. Anyone can send a text, and he probably was highly nervous by this time and wanting to distance himself from any appearance of doing something wrong. I think all his lies were CYA moves out of fear of somehow getting caught up in the thing. W-2 showed police the photo of the money. Of course they are going to be tough on him. He was probably scared out of his mind.

My unanswered question is still, WHY would W-1 and W-2 be in any danger? Would LE think the perps might think they could get more money? Maybe the perps would think he got some for himself off the top. Even if he did not. I don't know. Anybody?

If SS was last seen 6 PM Wednesday at the martial arts studio and the kidnapping per LE began at 6 PM Wednesday that would seem to imply whoever drove SS home was a kidnapper (unless it was coincidental that SS left at the same time AS got kidnapped at home). I'd also want to know where SS was prior to going to the studio and when he went from that location to the studio. Also it hasn't been explained what the other HK was doing at the home after 3 PM, which that alone makes me think this began before 6 PM.

Also much easier to travel with the money orders rather than stacks of cash. Which makes me think he was going to bounce- like back to Guyana.

I also think that W1 lied about the bag and in the picture only 20k was visible bc that was the split. 20k each was the payout

Sent from my not so humble opinion.
Such an odd number even when split in half...makes ya wonder if any of the players had any recent large deposits that were out of the ordinary. LE is probably going through their finances with a fine toothed comb, I hope.

If SS was last seen 6 PM Wednesday at the martial arts studio and the kidnapping per LE began at 6 PM Wednesday that would seem to imply whoever drove SS home was a kidnapper (unless it was coincidental that SS left at the same time AS got kidnapped at home). I'd also want to know where SS was prior to going to the studio and when he went from that location to the studio. Also it hasn't been explained what the other HK was doing at the home after 3 PM, which that alone makes me think this began before 6 PM.
Kidnapping per police report began shortly after 6 pm. However long shortly is.

JMO (From from my sleuthing) the driver/assistant seems articulate, English is not a second language so there's no "lost in translation" problem, and he doesn't appear to have any mental deficiencies. Thus, I simply can't imagine he was just so upset/nervous when speaking to detectives that he made so many incorrect statements. (i.e. How the $ was packaged, how he obtained it, how he placed it in car in garage).

If the car was locked, would he have to enter the house to obtain the key? (Or maybe he didn't have to enter the home because the key was hanging on a rack in the garage? But, IF the key was kept in the garage, why not just leave it IN the car... in the glove box ?)

I think when the call was made for him to put the bag in the car that either Savvas was made to unlock the car door or Wint got the keys and unlocked it before the driver arrived. The owners of the cars would also have their own set of keys to the cars they own.

Now why the driver told what he did to the officers at first is puzzling to say the least.

IMO

Driver is under a lot of stress (we know he called someone crying). And police are questioning him, possibly suspecting him. That could explain why he was inconsistent.

Kidnapping per police report began shortly after 6 pm. However long shortly is.

Driving from the studio in Chantilly, VA to his home in rush hour traffic would take a long time. It's about 26 miles depending on where exactly in Chantilly the studio is at and what route is taken.

@ atthelake

there is only an abridged version in the media . Previously, it was a complete voice mail .

I wonder if this call was to keep them(W1) from showing up in the morning to pick SS up, like the other calls and text to keep people away from the home. jmo idk

Do we even know if the driver drove SS to and from work? Savvas seemed to enjoy cars and I would think he liked to drive himself. Now once there he may have the driver drive him during the day when Savvas was at work. He may have chosen the Bentley as the car the assistant would drive when assisting him.

So has it been said that this driver picked SS up and brought him home that day or did SS drive one of his other cars home?

IMO

Just as an FYI. Not until last year did I learn how to pause and do a screen cap, download, then upload a photo to WS. If you or anyone ever wants a screen cap, do a link, describe it, and I betcha that one of us can do the screen cap for all of us for posterity on the threads.

Thanks for the opportunity to say this as I was a member here for years and never knew how to screen cap until last year!

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member