AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly this people who defend this ^ have their own issues. IMO

OK, I admit it. I'm a bad person because I wanted to see her lose the facade. :D

Wait....maybe your "^" landed in the wrong spot?

He was born in March 1988 according to the info online. Do the math. It's close enough. I could care less how old he is. I am more concerned about those that are exposed to him. I am especially concerned if he didn't have adequate counseling when he was young.

No in 2006 JD was 17,a minor

The only wrong here is on the Duggers, The records were obtained legally. It's called the Freedom of Information Act. JD was an adult when the 2006 investigation took place.

The report date is 12/06/2006, Josh was born 03/1988 He was 18 1/2 years old when the investigation began. Interesting....if the parents hadn't tried to bury it....any investigation would have happened when he was a minor and the records would have been permanently sealed.

OK, I admit it. I'm a bad person because I wanted to see her lose the facade. :D

Wait....maybe your "^" landed in the wrong spot?

LOL yes I should have attached it with donjeta's post about the supporters. Sowwy. Multitasking here and not so well LOL

The thought of all the money the family makes, I would keep a smile going through the entire taping of the show, while secretly wanting to run away and hide forever. I honestly don't understand the purpose of that many kids, how your body does all that, surely along the way, with one of the kids, she suffered from postpartum depression? Was she forced to have all those kids, or did she do that voluntarily?

The thought of all the money the family makes, I would keep a smile going through the entire taping of the show, while secretly wanting to run away and hide forever. I honestly don't understand the purpose of that many kids, how your body does all that, surely along the way, with one of the kids, she suffered from postpartum depression? Was she forced to have all those kids, or did she do that voluntarily?

Their belief I heard stated many times on the show is that God will decide how many children we are to be blessed with. My hubby asked when I first started watching "Is her uterus a clown car" LOL The last child Josie was born at I believe 1.5 lbs. Both baby and mother were at risk. I found it disturbing they were always accepting the risks to both mother and child. I don't know if Josie has any developmental delays presently but she does suffer from seizures when spiking a sudden temp. It has been stated on the show that Dr's feel she may grow out of this.

it was wrong what josh did. 100 percent wrong

but, bringing this up now that the victims are over 18, I believe will do more harm than good to the victims. this should of never went to
media. It should of been the victims choice to go public with the abuse, not the media since most are over 18 now

I wish these Josh supporters would take into consideration the victims. They don't know how they are dealing etc. etc. Sadly I don't think we will ever be privy to that.

Their belief I heard stated many times on the show is that God will decide how many children we are to be blessed with. My hubby asked when I first started watching "Is her uterus a clown car" LOL The last child Josie was born at I believe 1.5 lbs. Both baby and mother were at risk. I found it disturbing they were always accepting the risks to both mother and child. I don't know if Josie has any developmental delays presently but she does suffer from seizures when spiking a sudden temp. It has been stated on the show that Dr's feel she may grow out of this.

I like that, a clown car LOL My husband kept saying look how happy they all are. Well of course, they are on a TV show making money, all of us could look happy for a paycheck :rolleyes:

So if I recall correctly, the family pastor spoke with Josh about the molestations. According to the below information, he (the pastor) would be a mandatory reporter. JD had access to so many young girls right in his own home. It's so shocking to me that not one person thought to report this to protect the girls! I would hope law enforcement is looking into this.
Members of the clergy now are required to report in 26 States.3

3 Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Louisiana,
Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada,
New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South
Carolina, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. For more information, see Child Welfare
Information Gateway’s Clergy as Mandatory Reporters of Child Abuse and Neglect at
www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/laws_policies/statutes/clergymandated.cfm.

So if I recall correctly, the family pastor spoke with Josh about the molestations. According to the below information, he (the pastor) would be a mandatory reporter. JD had access to so many young girls right in his own home. It's so shocking to me that not one person thought to report this to protect the girls! I would hope law enforcement is looking into this.

Right, that's what Lisa Bloom was alluding to in her analysis. But maybe she doubts whether or not JB spoke to an actual pastor initially, or if it was just an elder of the church. The part about a pastor actually talking to Josh is a bit fuzzy -- I've read so much on it, I can't keep it all straight. Did a pastor actually talk to Josh? Or was it just the guy from church with the construction project? Or the highway patrol guy?

TLC is considering dropping Josh and continue filming?? What about JB and M, I feel they should be dropped, and as such, the entire show should be cancelled, including any spinoffs with the girls. J&A and the entire Duggar household needs to be investigated and attend counseling. How can they possibly film with the elephant in the room.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-josh-duggar-19-kids-report-article-1.2233122

The network believes that dropping Josh wouldn’t be a major detriment to the series. The network’s research is said to have determined that the Duggar daughters have become the show’s “driving force,” with episodes focusing on Jill and Jessa Duggar’s weddings and the birth of Jill’s baby receiving strong ratings. As for the option of canceling, TLC is said to be divided between between concerns over losing major advertisers, since General Mills has already dropped the show, and continued support for the series from its “loyal, evangelical” fanbase.

:scared:

TLC is considering dropping Josh and continue filming?? What about JB and M, I feel they should be dropped, and as such, the entire show should be cancelled, including any spinoffs with the girls.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-josh-duggar-19-kids-report-article-1.2233122

The network believes that dropping Josh wouldn’t be a major detriment to the series. The network’s research is said to have determined that the Duggar daughters have become the show’s “driving force,” with episodes focusing on Jill and Jessa Duggar’s weddings and the birth of Jill’s baby receiving strong ratings. As for the option of canceling, TLC is said to be divided between between concerns over losing major advertisers, since General Mills has already dropped the show, and continued support for the series from its “loyal, evangelical” fanbase.

I've kept out of this discussion until now. The Duggars are representative of the whole Gothard/ ATI cult. When my husband and I started home schooling our kids (1987) Gothard was HUGE in our small circle of HS friends. We were wary with the thought of an unmarried man with no parenting experience prescribing to families how they should live their lives. (Gothard even goes so far as to dictate when in a woman's monthly cycle it is acceptable to have sexual relations! True story)

We were often looked down upon for NOT being Gothard-ites. We made it a point not to criticize those that were following his teachings, feeling that it was not our place. We absolutely KNEW that someday, somehow it would all blow up- and that he was a charlatan. And he is.

And the people who continue to blindly follow both the Gothard/ AIT and Pearl cults continue to harm the name of Christ. They harm the millions of legitimate homeschoolers out there.

There. I said it. TOLD YOU SO Gothardites!

TLC is considering dropping Josh and continue filming?? What about JB and M, I feel they should be dropped, and as such, the entire show should be cancelled, including any spinoffs with the girls. J&A and the entire Duggar household needs to be investigated and attend counseling. How can they possibly film with the elephant in the room.

The parents did nothing to protect these girls! How can TLC think it's okay to keep this show in any form on the air? :mad:

I've kept out of this discussion until now. The Duggars are representative of the whole Gothard/ ATI cult. When my husband and I started home schooling our kids (1987) Gothard was HUGE in our small circle of HS friends. We were wary with the thought of an unmarried man with no parenting experience prescribing to families how they should live their lives. (Gothard even goes so far as to dictate when in a woman's monthly cycle it is acceptable to have sexual relations! True story)

We were often looked down upon for NOT being Gothard-ites. We made it a point not to criticize those that were following his teachings, feeling that it was not our place. We absolutely KNEW that someday, somehow it would all blow up- and that he was a charlatan. And he is.

And the people who continue to blindly follow both the Gothard/ AIT and Pearl cults continue to harm the name of Christ. They harm the millions of legitimate homeschoolers out there.

There. I said it. TOLD YOU SO Gothardites!

Word !

I like that, a clown car LOL My husband kept saying look how happy they all are. Well of course, they are on a TV show making money, all of us could look happy for a paycheck :rolleyes:

Yes and the wonderful world of editing. Kinda like airbrushing LOL

I will be utterly amazed if this show flies down the road. Ever. Off I go. My Son and future Daughter In Law are taking me to lunch. This thread reminds me of the blessings I have and have had thru my life. I'll check in later. Have a great aft. all.

OK, this is where my confusion about whether or not JimBob actually told a pastor or just an elder of his church stems from:

What’s more, Jim Bob informed the elders of his church about Joshua’s actions and they waited three months before contacting authorities. The explosive new information is contained in a Springdale, Ark., police report obtained by In Touch magazine.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/...leged-sex-offenses-for-more-than-a-year-58906

Now....if he just told an elder, and it was only an elder (and not the pastor) who talked to Josh, then they're not considered a mandatory reporter.

....Except apparently, they did go to authorities. Or was that just the highway patrol guy? And how does the fact that there's an actual police report fit into all this?

Does anyone have a handle on this? Please clarify! Thank you!

Here is a clip from 14 Children and Pregnant Again episode from 2004. This was just after Josh returned from "treatment"

[video=youtube;I5nGQE-pqnI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5nGQE-pqnI[/video]

I went back to view this clip and wish I had not. I didn't know how many of each gender were in this family but at the time of this video there are only 5 girls in the family :( So........ ugh !

I would think that TLC's decision on whether or not to continue the show in any form will rest at least partly on the number of willing companies to invest advertising $$ into this despicible, loser family.

I plan to buy an extra box of Lucky Charms (from General Mills) the next time I shop for groceries. And I'm prepared to boycott any company foolhardy enough to align itself with the Duggars.

TLC better watch its back; I was reading studies on juvenile sex offenders and I learned that approximately 40-80% of offenders were sexually abused as children and 25-50% were physically abused.

http://www.acacamps.org/sites/default/files/images/knowledge/Fact Sheet--Youth Offenders.pdf

The impact of these crimes on young victims can be devastating, and the violent or sexual victimization of children can often lead to an intergenerational cycle of violence and abuse.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/227763.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member