DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they have the red bag now or its missing?

So do I. Charging docs stated that bag belonged to W-1. Is that why he switched it to a manilla envelope? He wanted to keep his bag? Maybe it was a special racing car bag or something. Why is the money described as a "package" to be picked up, but then W-1 says it was four bundles (once he cleared up his story) of bills that came out of "employee's" pockets? That's not a "package." Maybe they just said "package" so as not to alert that it was going to be bundles of money?

The charging document says that the driver changed his account of of how he received the package, where he left the package, and when he was told to get the package. So he got the "how, where and when" wrong. I really can't see those mistakes being due to stress.

Details about Savopoulos's assistant who delivered $40,000 cash to family's home

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29129466/savopoulos-assistant

He posted photos on his Instagram account of the interior of Amy Savopoulos' Porsche that was taken from the Woodland Drive house and set on fire.

The assistant worked at the Autobahn Indoor Speedway in Jessup, Maryland until March. At the Go Kart racing site on Thursday, we were told that the Savopoulos assistant was “let go” in March. He had worked there since it opened in 2013. The employees have seen both Savvas and Philip Savopoulos many times to race go karts. They believe that is how he met the assistant who he recently hired.

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else find it odd that this news article stated that his mother works at a local church? Wasn't the Porsche dumped near or behind a church?

Alright. I've come up with a good reason why W-1 would say he got a phone call Thursday from SS instead of a text on Wednesday. By this time he knew the family was killed and the money was involved. HE was being grilled by LE! Big fear. He wanted to sound as if he had direct orders from SS and heard his voice. Anyone can send a text, and he probably was highly nervous by this time and wanting to distance himself from any appearance of doing something wrong. I think all his lies were CYA moves out of fear of somehow getting caught up in the thing. W-2 showed police the photo of the money. Of course they are going to be tough on him. He was probably scared out of his mind.

My unanswered question is still, WHY would W-1 and W-2 be in any danger? Would LE think the perps might think they could get more money? Maybe the perps would think he got some for himself off the top. Even if he did not. I don't know. Anybody?

It was mentioned in the documents "safety concerns". We have heard this term ad naseuem in other cases where the safety concerns were only due to media and "outing", not just due to the perpetrator having retaliation. :moo: :)pullhair: the Travis Alexander case where that was dropped like Hensel and Gretel and breadcrumbs)

below showing wording is not "danger" but "safety concerns" - so leads me :moo: to think perhaps only media / outing / safety that they wanted to seal this.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents

SafetyConcerns.JPG

The charging document says that the driver changed his account of of how he received the package, where he left the package, and when he was told to get the package. So he got the "how, where and when" wrong. I really can't see those mistakes being due to stress.

It hasn't been explicitly stated by LE, but I think W1 lied about knowing about the money. I think W1 told LE he was only supposed to pick up an envelope from AIW and he didn't know what was in it to give the impression he had no knowledge of the money nor lead time to be involved.

Is this true or another case of bad reporting?

"Wint so far is charged only in the death of the family patriarch, a wealthy socialite and business executive who ran American Iron Works, a large supplier of iron and steel to construction projects. Officials said additional charges are likely in the deaths of the wife, son and housekeeper."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5b488a-0077-11e5-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Slightly O/T, but I have a question about Wint's citizenship status, is Wint a U.S. citizen? If Wint is not a U.S. citizen, does anyone know why/if deportation would have been possible after any of Wint's previous crimes/criminal history? I would hope that violent offenders who are not U.S. citizens would be deported, but not sure about Wint or types of crimes that would make one eligible for deportation. If allegations true, crime(s) like this may be more preventable if the U.S. does not tolerate the continued residence of non-citizens who commit multiple/violent offenses. Tia/

I would like to know if Phillip attended school on Wednesday. If so, how did he get to school and home? And at what time? I truly believe that Amy, the HK and Phillip were all restrained sometime in the afternoon - probably right before 3 p.m. When SS walked in the door after 6 p.m., he was a sitting duck. Walked into a nightmare scenario.

If it's true that the red car IS missing, then at least two perps were most likely at the house.

Just throwing some thoughts out here. What was the reason behind lying that he unlocked the car to begin with? Why would he want them to think the car was locked if it wasn't? He also said he locked it afterwards. SS told him to put the package in the car, is it possible he didn't? Did he leave it somewhere else?

Thanks for finding this. I think it is significant. Based on the reported "flurry of calls" between Savvas, his accountant, the bank and witness, I thought the withdrawal was ordered by his abductors, but "the package" referred to on Wed. In the text sounds to me like the $40k. In my mind, if there really was a plan to have $40k in cash, that raises the likelihood that this was an inside job motivated by the knowledge that a pile of cash would soon be floating around.

I do not buy that Savvas need it for the opening of his martial arts studio. Why would he need anything more than some tip money for contractors' crews, clean-up crew, movers, etc.? Maybe a little change for the cash register if there was one. Something not right was going on. Extortion? Blackmail? Drugs? Sorry for the stream of consciousness, but it just occurred to me that it is weird that the ceo of a large company would be opening a business like a martial arts studio and it sounds to me like it could be for money laundering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Money laundering is always a possibility. But some people are just extremely entrepreneurial.
My boss, currently owns 4 companies (home services industries) and is always coming up with new business ideas. He's not nearly as successful as Savvas, but his companies each gross between 1-2 million each year, and he's thirty-ish.
Last month he told me to look into getting model built of an idea he's been considering for some time--manufacturing a dual function cat bed (can't give away his secret yet!). This is one of many ideas over the years (water pumps, 24hr gym---with a twist!, specialty barber shop, guided tours, brokering the sale of small businesses...).
He's the only person I've ever known who's like this (O/T, but I think Joey McStay was as well). Also, he's generous and trusting and treats many employees as family. So it's possible martial arts studio was legit, just in a totally different direction than his business dealings.
Just MO-- I don't know anymore than you. We all try to understand stories we follow on WS through our own life experiences.

It was mentioned in the documents "safety concerns". We have heard this term ad naseuem in other cases where the safety concerns were only due to media and "outing", not just due to the perpetrator having retaliation. :moo: :)pullhair: the Travis Alexander case where that was dropped like Hensel and Gretel and breadcrumbs)

below showing wording is not "danger" but "safety concerns" - so leads me :moo: to think perhaps only media / outing / safety that they wanted to seal this.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents

View attachment 75134

I would be concerned for my safety too if my name became public as a witness and a maniac who has already killed four people was still on the loose!

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else find it odd that this news article stated that his mother works at a local church? Wasn't the Porsche dumped near or behind a church?
I doubt that the assistants mother worked at this exact church....but I have thought the video of the person running seems to fit the stature and shape of the assistant.
I would like to know if the assistant drove SS to and from anywhere on Weds., what were they scheduled by SS to do on Thurs (like what where the plans for Thurs before this awful tragedy unfolded), and how much time had elapsed between the call before SS's final call to him and the call before that (in essence, was there a period of extended time of no contact and then this final call)

Quote Originally by KristinSchmistin
*Awesome* User
I think it's outdoor. Only because if it were indoor then I feel like we would have heard if it was disabled somehow (and possibly then there wouldn't be deaths if it weren't disabled)

<BBM for Focus>

Just K, due to the homes value, strict fire codes for residential dwellings < effective January 1, 2011, all new residences in the District of Columbia are required to have fire sprinklers>. - See more at: http://www.firesprinklerinitiative....quirements-by-state.aspx#sthash.QjN28ssE.dpuf

Combined with the fires' behavior; the quick extinguishment by the Fire Department and the lack of the fires extention to other floors..
It would be safe to conclude that the Savopoulos home was equipped with a residential fire sprinkler system. When flammable liquid accelerants such as gasoline flashover the fireball of gasoline vapors instantly causes extremely high temperatures exceeding 1,000 degrees F. It is not uncommon for fire deaths to occur due to breathing and the direct exposure to these super heated gases, as opposed to smoke inhalation deaths which usually occur much slower due to the fire consuming most of the available oxygen.

Most fire deaths are not caused by burns, but by smoke inhalation of toxic gases.
Imo, the decision to douse the vicims with gasoline by Wint, and torch the fire, may have been due to the existence of the homes' sprinkler system. DW; a welder, would have likely known that an ordinary combustible fire would have been extinguished immediately by the fire sprinkler system..

I've followed a lot of horrific henious crimes over the past seven years at Websleuths. To torture and execute a family, including their 10 year old son, and housekeeper in this extremely violent and deviant manner ranks right up there with the worst case scenarios, imo.. D. Wint and associates are pure damn evil; "The Devil's Deciple/s"...
[/QUOTE]

:seeya: Foxfire! I think the OP was asking if this house had indoor sprinklers. This is a new code, and the house they lived in was very old and before the code which you quoted. Are you wanting to have folks think that all older homes would have to come up to that code? Link if so? thanks for the information on new homes and background due to your expertise!

Heading up your way tomorrow Fox! Will wave as I go past up to the "other" lake! :seeya:

Amerifleet trucks can be used to transport vehicles. Maybe the car was a target. Is it the Mosler missing? Maybe they drove it to Brooklyn...maybe the assistant mentioned cars too many times. Speculation as I don't know if that truck they had could carry a vehicle.

Just throwing some thoughts out here. What was the reason behind lying that he unlocked the car to begin with? Why would he want them to think the car was locked if it wasn't? He also said he locked it afterwards. SS told him to put the package in the car, is it possible he didn't? Did he leave it somewhere else?

I'm also wondering what led him to change his version about that. The charging document indicates that police had evidence to contradict the driver's initial statements about when he first learned about picking up the package (the police had a Wednesday text from SS to driver) and about how he received the package (police had apparently spoken to the employee who gave him the money), but I see no indication that the police had evidence to contradict his version regarding unlocking and locking the red car.

I'm also wondering what led him to change his version about that. The charging document indicates that police had evidence to contradict the driver's initial statements about when he first learned about picking up the package (the police had a Wednesday text from SS to driver) and about how he received the package (police had apparently spoken to the employee who gave him the money), but I see no indication that the police had evidence to contradict his version regarding unlocking and locking the red car.

An employee of a few months and proven liar with knowledge of expensive vehicles is added to package delivery equation even though he was completely extraneous to the whole delivery process which could have been handled by employee #1. He wanted to be involved needed to be for his split etc. All MOO. I think he set this all in motion thinking no one would be killed hence the crying message. Reminds me of Fargo and William. H Macy. Or I could be completely wrong :)

Amerifleet trucks can be used to transport vehicles. Maybe the car was a target. Is it the Mosler missing? Maybe they drove it to Brooklyn...maybe the assistant mentioned cars too many times. Speculation as I don't know if that truck they had could carry a vehicle.

So far we know about:

A blue Porsche
A Bentley
A Mosler
A Range Rover

Is this true or another case of bad reporting?

"Wint so far is charged only in the death of the family patriarch, a wealthy socialite and business executive who ran American Iron Works, a large supplier of iron and steel to construction projects. Officials said additional charges are likely in the deaths of the wife, son and housekeeper."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5b488a-0077-11e5-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Bruce Leshan @BruceLeshan · 21h21 hours ago

#DaronWint held w/o bond on 4cts of murder 1. @wusa9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members