DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't know. I find him very suspicious. When the police says someone lied it means they purposefully did it. They didn't say he mistakenly gave them he wrong information.

Again, legally - think it is different when a witness says they made a mistake, vs telling LE that they lied. Both circumstances are within the charging documents.

witnessmademistake.JPG = mistake

witnesslies.JPG = lies

perps brother driving a "rolling garage" when arrested. One car still missing...

hmmm...makes sense why he would show up in DC again. Also there is a huge time gap from 1:30(house fire) to 5:30 (Porsche in flames in church). Also the mention of the red car and the assistant LIED to the police about how it was locked and he unlocked it placed the money in it and locked it again..maybe the assistant was trying to make it look like he locked it and left it secure before someone stole it with the money?

perps brother driving a "rolling garage" when arrested. One car still missing...

OH! Geez. I keep logging off because I have to stop following this thread and get stuff done. But you made me log back in to say - BINGO. They could have been headed to pick up the car. Maybe they have it hidden somewhere - in somebody's garage. I've been scratching my head about that big truck. I wonder what the dimensions of the cargo area were??

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else find it odd that this news article stated that his mother works at a local church? Wasn't the Porsche dumped near or behind a church?

Also read where his mom hadn't been to work for a few days, unsure when.

When on Thursday did news break that the Porsche was missing, anyone know? I am wondering if that is why he ended up torching it.

In this from Fox 5 it sounds like NG was aware of the original purpose for the money before talking to the assistant after the fire. To me it sounds like she only confirmed it was dropped off when she asked him after the fire. Some have thought she only learned of it after it was reported in the media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhKYS6cscSY

The text from that screen grab says (BBM):

The assistant put the money inside a manila envelope and left it on the driver's seat. Police did not find the envelope in the car during their search of the home.
Police said at Wint's court hearing Friday that they are still looking for a red car missing from the mansion's garage. It was not immediately clear whether this was the same vehicle.

I don't see how it can possibly be the same car if, as stated above, the police didn't find the envelope in the car during their search. IOW, if there was a car there and they searched it, it can't also be the car that is missing.

:banghead: :banghead: I, with others, just hate that folks in the media don't list their emails to connect to the folks who write the stories. This is a 180 of what the charging document say... Can anyone here tweet the person(s) that wrote this as it is becoming a :deadhorse" on this thread. :tyou: for tweeters that can help out!

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else find it odd that this news article stated that his mother works at a local church? Wasn't the Porsche dumped near or behind a church?

Yes. That jumped out at me at the time. Have tried searching the church website for his last name, but found nothing. Don't know what his mother's name would be, though.

In this from Fox 5 it sounds like NG was aware of the original purpose for the money before talking to the assistant after the fire. To me it sounds like she only confirmed it was dropped off when she asked him after the fire. Some have thought she only learned of it after it was reported in the media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhKYS6cscSY

The way I interpreted it she did not know prior but after the murders happened the assistant told her about the money that was supposed to be dropped off that day and it was going to be used for the marital arts center so he thought.

JMO though

hmmm...makes sense why he would show up in DC again. Also there is a huge time gap from 1:30(house fire) to 5:30 (Porsche in flames in church). Also the mention of the red car and the assistant LIED to the police about how it was locked and he unlocked it placed the money in it and locked it again..maybe the assistant was trying to make it look like he locked it and left it secure before someone stole it with the money?

It looked dark outside in the video of the car on fire. Doesn't get dark in California until sometime after 8 pm at this time of the year.

I am a little behind but jumping ahead. I think I figured out what was up with W1 aka the driver. When the money drop off was first coming to light, I remember hearing that it was unclear if the person who dropped off the money knew if the package contained money.
THEORY:
I think, based on the charging documents, that the first story the driver gave to LE said he got a Manila envelope from the employee and brought it to the house. He claimed he had NO IDEA that it was money, he never opened it and no one told him. He brought the envelope to the house, unlocked the car and put it there. (The cars were kept LOCKED normally). He only found out about it Thursday, and he didn't think it was any big deal. My theory is that he was scared *****less of being either caught up in the accusations, or tracked down by a criminal (snitches and ditches etc) or just wanted to keep himself as apart from everything as he could. So he lied that he never saw the money, that the car was locked, and that he wasn't told about it by SS on Wednesday (evening is my guess).
LE discovered the text sent from SS to him on Wed, finds the text with picture of the money that driver used to show off to a friend (W2) and realizes that he lied. they re-question him and he admits he did see the money, and that he did get a text, where I guess SS gave him instructions including one that said "put the money in the car, we will leave the door unlocked".

I also believe that it is possible, not likely, but possible, that SS told him specifically that he was being held hostage, and that his (ss's) life depended on W1 delivering this and telling NO ONE, and he lied because he felt enormous guilt when SS got killed and it turned out he may have been able to save him had he called LE or told someone. Or he thought sending that text photo of the money is what got SS killed. not likely, but possible.

It looked dark outside in the video of the car on fire. Doesn't get dark in California until sometime after 8 pm at this time of the year.

I've been thinking the same thing since I saw the video. Get's dark around Annapolis at about 8pm. The news reported 5:00pm they found the car

blue 2008 Porsche with DC tag DK2418, which was seen at the home earlier Thursday, but was found torched in a church parking lot in New Carrollton, Md. around 5 p.m. Thursday.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29072991/dc-fire-community-mourns

I don't have time to read through all the threads right now, but heres something I thought about and why I believe there was more than one assailant. SS is a martial arts guy. If he came home and was attacked by DW wouldn't he be able to fight him off? Unless he had a gun and I've heard no mention of guns. Only what I assume is a knife or something sharp and blunt force trauma. Why bash their heads if you could just shoot them? I think someone must have been with the others and SS could not risk fighting as he didn't know if his family was being held by someone upstairs.

On another note, the guy driving the Porsche was described,as "clean cut with short hair". Even if you could hide the dreds,would anyone describe DW as clean cut?

N

Surely the assistant knows exactly what type of car he put the money in. If he claims he doesn't, he is lying for sure.
He delivered the envelope with money and put it in the car. I wouldn't expect the envelope to be still in the car because the suspect would have taken the envelope and the money.

I don't have time to read through all the threads right now, but heres something I thought about and why I believe there was more than one assailant. SS is a martial arts guy. If he came home and was attacked by DW wouldn't he be able to fight him off? Unless he had a gun and I've heard no mention of guns. Only what I assume is a knife or something sharp and blunt force trauma. Why bash their heads if you could just shoot them? I think someone must have been with the others and SS could not risk fighting as he didn't know if his family was being held by someone upstairs.

On another note, the guy driving the Porsche was described,as "clean cut with short hair". Even if you could hide the dreds,would anyone describe DW as clean cut?
No, guy wasn't described as clean cut.
Guy was described as wearing green vest, with short hair. Burned green vest was found in the burned car.

An employee of a few months and proven liar with knowledge of expensive vehicles is added to package delivery equation even though he was completely extraneous to the whole delivery process which could have been handled by employee #1. He wanted to be involved needed to be for his split etc. All MOO. I think he set this all in motion thinking no one would be killed hence the crying message. Reminds me of Fargo and William. H Macy. Or I could be completely wrong :)

What crying message? I'm intrigued!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this true or another case of bad reporting?

"Wint so far is charged only in the death of the family patriarch, a wealthy socialite and business executive who ran American Iron Works, a large supplier of iron and steel to construction projects. Officials said additional charges are likely in the deaths of the wife, son and housekeeper."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5b488a-0077-11e5-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

I wish I knew how to do twitter as these days, the reporters doing the stories no longer put their emails in the stories, only their twitter pages.

e.g this one....

By Peter Hermann and Keith L. Alexander May 22 at 3:29 PM

^^^^^ my cut/paste is not showing their twitter as it's not captured by cut/paste... but is on link. I'm a luddite and dont know how.

He delivered the envelope with money and put it in the car. I wouldn't expect the envelope to be still in the car because the suspect would have taken the envelope and the money.

Something was missing, though. The police searched for it for some reason. They're pretty smart. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni