DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
one more thing,someone questioned why W-1 needed protection. It never specifies in the document which witnesses need protection,only that 2 of them did.
W-2,basicaly rats out W-1 by showing the picture he/she was sent. Proves that W-1 is lying. W-3 is an eye witness to whoever is in the Porsche and could potentially identify him. Seems like those 2 are the only 2 needing protection. Not W-1 at all.

BBM
You may have missed that, so here you go as to contradiction

NOT UNLOCKING DOOR
View attachment 75143

LOCKING DOOR
View attachment 75144

HTH

http://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents

Maybe I'm missing something from your post, but my point was that the police had independent evidence to refute the drivers initial story about 1) learning about when to pick up the package; and 2) how he received the money, but the police but do not seem to have had independent evidence to refute his initial story about the third part -- unlocking and locking the red car. The police say he changed his version re unlocking/locking, but why did he change his story when the police did not seem to have evidence to refute it?

Maybe I'm missing something from your post, but my point was that the police had independent evidence to refute the drivers initial story about 1) learning about when to pick up the package; and 2) how he received the money, but the police but do not seem to have had independent evidence to refute his initial story about the third part -- unlocking and locking the red car. The police say he changed his version re unlocking/locking, but why did he change his story when the police did not seem to have evidence to refute it?

And what is the significance of car being locked or unlocked? Doesn't seem to me like it makes any difference one way or the other.

I think he probably had a gun but didn't kill them with it because of the noise.

Just had another thought about the significance of W1 lying, maybe.

He first said he received a phone call Thursday instructing him to go AIW and meet Other Employee. W1 then said he and the Other Employee went to the bank to pick up the money. He watched the Other Employee and a bank employee in a transaction.

His second version is that he received a text on Wednesday instructing him to meet Other Employee. In this verison, he is instructed to meet Other Employee and the Other Employee gives him bundles of money from his pocket. In this version, there is no mention of a bank.

W1 sends a photo of the money to W2 at 9am. Banks don't normally open before 9am (and someone on WS checked the bank website and confirmed it opens at 9am). In the second version, W1 did not pick up the package from the bank.

What does this mean? I think it means that wheels were set in motion Wednesday night after banking hours and early Thursday to obtain that money in cash from wherever they could. The fact that it's bundled makes me think it was from the bank, but perhaps this high-level people have money in stack in safes outside the bank. Or, someone at the bank opened early for them. Something happened OTHER than standard banking procedures during standard banking hours, and that might be one more reason for W1 to lie.

Total hunch! Correct me if I'm heading in the wrong direction....or, better yet, tell me the direction I'm heading as I don't know. But I do think the 9am photo is a clue that the money wasn't obtained that morning in a bank with W1 witnessing a transaction.

JMO, speculation.

Just had another thought about the significance of W1 lying, maybe.

He first said he received a phone call Thursday instructing him to go AIW and meet Other Employee. W1 then said he and the Other Employee went to the bank to pick up the money. He watched the Other Employee and a bank employee in a transaction.

His second version is that he received a text on Wednesday instructing him to meet Other Employee. In this verison, he is instructed to meet Other Employee and the Other Employee gives him bundles of money from his pocket. In this version, there is no mention of a bank.

W1 sends a photo of the money to W2 at 9am. Banks don't normally open before 9am (and someone on WS checked the bank website and confirmed it opens at 9am). In the second version, W1 did not pick up the package from the bank.

What does this mean? I think it means that wheels were set in motion Wednesday night after banking hours and early Thursday to obtain that money in cash from wherever they could. The fact that it's bundled makes me think it was from the bank, but perhaps this high-level people have money in stack in safes outside the bank. Or, someone at the bank opened early for them. Something happened OTHER than standard banking procedures during standard banking hours, and that might be one more reason for W1 to lie.

Total hunch! Correct me if I'm heading in the wrong direction....or, better yet, tell me the direction I'm heading as I don't know. But I do think the 9am photo is a clue that the money wasn't obtained that morning in a bank with W1 witnessing a transaction.

JMO, speculation.

A safe deposit box maybe? Won't they need a manager to open it if it existed?

A safe deposit box maybe? Won't they need a manager to open it if it existed?

Maybe. Or maybe they were pulling in cash THEY had (at home, at work) and had the driver deliver it. Meanwhile, they kept working that morning to get more cash, now that the banks were open...but time ran out and Wint killed the family and fled. I wonder if he would've kept waiting for more cash and, if so, what made him give up and accept $40K as the total amount.

That $40K has struck many of us as odd. Maybe there were plans that morning to get more. W1 took the photo of the money at 9am and delivered it around 10'ish (I don't recall the exact time). SS was still making phone calls until about noon. That's two hours of time. The fire was reported at 1:15.

There was no reason for Wint to stay in the house from 10am - 12noon unless he was waiting for something more. This is SPECULATION. Edited to add: the $40K has seemed odd to many of us, as if that isn't enough payout for this horrendous crime. Perhaps it was only the first installment.

JMO, speculating and pondering what we know so far.

OH! Geez. I keep logging off because I have to stop following this thread and get stuff done. But you made me log back in to say - BINGO. They could have been headed to pick up the car. Maybe they have it hidden somewhere - in somebody's garage. I've been scratching my head about that big truck. I wonder what the dimensions of the cargo area were??

What car?

I posted something about this early in this thread, and the only other thought that came up was that the bank manager was possibly contacted to open the bank up early, if that is even possible. Like, "Hey, Mr. S. really needs us to get this money ASAP."

I'm now really wanting to know what everyone was doing during the late morning of Thursday. SS at least was still alive around noon.

I think there was a noon deadline for a bigger bundle of cash. When it didn't arrive, Wint killed the three adults, poured gas on the boy and around the second floor and down the stairs (as mentioned in the Charging Doc), tossed a match in the boy's bedroom, and sped away. The fire was visible from the boy's window by 1:15 and the firefighters arrived shortly afterwards.

Between 10am-12pm, I wonder if people were still trying to get money for SS. If not, what was Wint doing during those two hours? I think he could commit the murders between 12-1pm, so what happened between 10am-12pm?

I don't think W1 was in on it at this point. I think he was used as a courier. He was at Home Depot after the drop off, which kept him out of the way, imo, while the other business associates pulled strings to get more money. W1 could be called upon again when needed or someone else could make the drop.

TOTAL SPECULATION, thinking aloud of possibilities.

JMO

Regarding the new martial arts business in Chantilly that SS was opening... does anyone have the name, address, any additional info?

I don't remember seeing it in news reports (but I'm sure there are some I've missed)

Snipped a bit by me : [\QUOTE] Meanwhile, they kept working that morning to get more cash, now that the banks were open...but time ran out and Wint killed the family and fled. I wonder if he would've kept waiting for more cash and, if so, what made him give up and accept $40K as the total amount.

That $40K has struck many of us as odd. Maybe there were plans that morning to get more. W1 took the photo of the money at 9am and delivered it around 10'ish (I don't recall the exact time). SS was still making phone calls until about noon. That's two hours of time. The fire was reported at 1:15.

There was no reason for Wint to stay in the house from 10am - 12noon unless he was waiting for something more. This is SPECULATION. Edited to add: the $40K has seemed odd to many of us, as if that isn't enough payout for this horrendous crime. Perhaps it was only the first installment.

JMO, speculating and pondering what we know so far.[/QUOTE]

This ^. I think he/they wanted more $$$$ and got impatient or agitated maybe with one of the victims and that became the end game....

And what is the significance of car being locked or unlocked? Doesn't seem to me like it makes any difference one way or the other.

An initial attempt to exaggerate the steps taken to keep the money secure? If so, why exaggerate? (JMO and total speculation)

I posted something about this early in this thread, and the only other thought that came up was that the bank manager was possibly contacted to open the bank up early, if that is even possible. Like, "Hey, Mr. S. really needs us to get this money ASAP."

That is possible. I'm sure the business associates and SS knew the bank manager personally or socially. JMO

I am a little behind but jumping ahead. I think I figured out what was up with W1 aka the driver. When the money drop off was first coming to light, I remember hearing that it was unclear if the person who dropped off the money knew if the package contained money.
THEORY:
I think, based on the charging documents, that the first story the driver gave to LE said he got a Manila envelope from the employee and brought it to the house. He claimed he had NO IDEA that it was money, he never opened it and no one told him. He brought the envelope to the house, unlocked the car and put it there. (The cars were kept LOCKED normally). He only found out about it Thursday, and he didn't think it was any big deal. My theory is that he was scared *****less of being either caught up in the accusations, or tracked down by a criminal (snitches and ditches etc) or just wanted to keep himself as apart from everything as he could. So he lied that he never saw the money, that the car was locked, and that he wasn't told about it by SS on Wednesday (evening is my guess).
LE discovered the text sent from SS to him on Wed, finds the text with picture of the money that driver used to show off to a friend (W2) and realizes that he lied. they re-question him and he admits he did see the money, and that he did get a text, where I guess SS gave him instructions including one that said "put the money in the car, we will leave the door unlocked".

I also believe that it is possible, not likely, but possible, that SS told him specifically that he was being held hostage, and that his (ss's) life depended on W1 delivering this and telling NO ONE, and he lied because he felt enormous guilt when SS got killed and it turned out he may have been able to save him had he called LE or told someone. Or he thought sending that text photo of the money is what got SS killed. not likely, but possible.

BBM - What would that have garnered him?

UBM- Perhaps a WS poll?? Who of us would or would not call police if such happened? You betcha I would!!!

I don't have time to read through all the threads right now, but heres something I thought about and why I believe there was more than one assailant. SS is a martial arts guy. If he came home and was attacked by DW wouldn't he be able to fight him off? Unless he had a gun and I've heard no mention of guns. Only what I assume is a knife or something sharp and blunt force trauma. Why bash their heads if you could just shoot them? I think someone must have been with the others and SS could not risk fighting as he didn't know if his family was being held by someone upstairs.

On another note, the guy driving the Porsche was described,as "clean cut with short hair". Even if you could hide the dreds,would anyone describe DW as clean cut?

Yes. I follow the Jesse Matthews/Hannah Graham case here at WS... and he was first described as short hair. He had his braids/dreads pulled back and even on camera looked to have short hair :moo:

But apparently SS kept vests in the garage. So perp could have taken one of those.
By the way I am reposting photo of the perp as he looked on the day of the arrest. He is short and his hair looks short.
I think the witness who described man with short hair could have easily seen him. And the guy in the video could also be him.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...n-Murder-DC-Charging-Documents-304744581.html

Just for understanding... what leads this posting to believe that SS *apparently* kept vests in the garage vs. the perps brought. Link for that deduction? Or just a :moo: ??

TIA!

No writer, but perhaps someone else contacted NBC4 regarding the confusion. The article was updated 54 minutes ago. The reference to a missing red car has been deleted.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...n-Murder-DC-Charging-Documents-304744581.html

Need to look more into WS as to if we can do this more often! We see stuff that is incorrect/questioning and doing a shout out to the reporter to correct. Glad to hear, so at least we on threads can work on the same page

:blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member