AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
TLC is considering dropping Josh and continue filming?? What about JB and M, I feel they should be dropped, and as such, the entire show should be cancelled, including any spinoffs with the girls. J&A and the entire Duggar household needs to be investigated and attend counseling. How can they possibly film with the elephant in the room.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-josh-duggar-19-kids-report-article-1.2233122
The network believes that dropping Josh wouldn’t be a major detriment to the series. The network’s research is said to have determined that the Duggar daughters have become the show’s “driving force,” with episodes focusing on Jill and Jessa Duggar’s weddings and the birth of Jill’s baby receiving strong ratings. As for the option of canceling, TLC is said to be divided between between concerns over losing major advertisers, since General Mills has already dropped the show, and continued support for the series from its “loyal, evangelical” fanbase.

BBM. Are they kidding? Do they expect their "loyal, evangelical" fanbase to support pedophilia, sexual molestation?

I can't for a minute imagine this show being continued and what message it will send about the network and what they call "loyal evangelical's" SMH

TLC is considering dropping Josh and continue filming?? What about JB and M, I feel they should be dropped, and as such, the entire show should be cancelled, including any spinoffs with the girls. J&A and the entire Duggar household needs to be investigated and attend counseling. How can they possibly film with the elephant in the room.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-josh-duggar-19-kids-report-article-1.2233122

Well, here's a thought. How about the Duggars partner with EWTN (Eternal Word Television Network) and continue the show under that brand? Or another religious channel? Then they can "spin" the story, the excuses, the cover up, and the hypocrisy any way that suits their particular religious outlook.

*EWTN is a cable Catholic channel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_Word_Television_Network

And......just another thought: What about "dealing with" the concept that as a home schooling teacher, Michelle should be investigated as SHE did not report this incident.....you know, as a mandated reporter, an educator of minors!

PS: K_Z.....I do believe that Pope Francis (IF he had any control of EWTN!) would toss JBD & MD out on their respective rumps rather than add to his cadre of characters! :happydance:

'Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and victims': TLC takes 19 Kids and Counting off the air after revelation Josh molested young girls and his parents covered it up

TLC pulled 19 Kids and Counting off the schedule following the revelation that Josh Duggar molested young girls as a teenager

The move comes one day after the network decided to air a marathon of the show heavily featuring Josh

The show has not been officially cancelled at this time

'Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and victims,' said TLC in a statement Friday afternoon

This is the fifth show on TLC to have run into trouble after a member of the cast was found to have molested or sexual assaulted a child

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...im-Bob-Michelle-covered-up.html#ixzz3auP22cVL

BBM. Wow! TLC does a lousy job of vetting the people on their reality shows. 5 different shows with child molesters on them! That's what you get when you feature this type of trash. Glad I stopped watching TLC years ago...

Two words- Base Connect. Big fundraiser for Huckabee and it's COO just pled guilty to child *advertiser censored* possession and file sharing in January with 20 years federal time and 15 years registering as a sex offender. It was a plea deal-if he had gone to court with the full boat he would have been a lifer imvho. Michael Centanni. The COO. Huckabee seems to be surrounded with people who dont have his same moral fiber. Or, maybe, they do. Sorry...low blow. Is anyone talking about why a judge insisted the files be destroyed yesterday when it isnt common practice to do so?

BBM. I am because this makes any future prosecution harder.

Maybe I am stupid but where and how are individuals getting copies of juvenile records?
Isn't it a law that juvenile records are sealed so we give mixed-up kids who made a poor decision(s) a chance to improve and start their adult life with a clean slate? I am sick of people having to look remorseful, apologize, and re-live situations that happened a decade or more ago. Other than murder, most crimes have a statute of limitations. Is there ever a statute of limitations on people being allowed to move on? On people illegally obtaining sealed records? I don't think he should apologize to the general public. Whatever happened was dealt with at the time. Who are these people that just cannot let people alone? Worse than gossip, IMO.
Apparently it wasn't "dealt with" properly at the time or he would've been removed from the home, his sisters gotten counseling, and they never would've had this show! He should have to register as a Sex Offender and not be allowed near his own children or any children for that matter! Yes he does owe apologies big time to his sisters primarily, and then the general public. I've been a molestation victim by a family member- considered incest, and there is no statute of limitations on getting over it!!! Josh just admitted to this now, that's why it is news years after it happened.:banghead::banghead::banghead::stormingmad::stormingmad::stormingmad:

If the records were not illegally obtained and made public, this thread would not be here. Who is responsible for that wrong? Will they be publicly shamed as adults for a recently committed crime? No. But Josh Duggar will again, right now.

BBM. As he should be. I will continue to bash my molester uncle 'till my dying day, and he's long dead!!! Josh Duggar's own actions destroyed his life and those of his sisters the day he chose to take those despicable actions. There is no defending a child molester. This was no innocent playing doctor, sexual exploration!

OK, OK, I yield!

A far-left kidtoucher is morally superior to a far-right kidtoucher.

Now, as I said above, I won't mention Dunham again.

disclaimer: I'm not a fundie Christian, but I vote "R" b/c I like guns and low taxes.

As far as I can tell, you are the one who made this into something political. Not gitana1.

Clearly this people who defend this ^ have their own issues. IMO

There is no defense of this abhorrent behavior. IMO the ones with "issues" are those that try to assign blame to their religion or politics, whether subtly or not so subtle

The thought of all the money the family makes, I would keep a smile going through the entire taping of the show, while secretly wanting to run away and hide forever. I honestly don't understand the purpose of that many kids, how your body does all that, surely along the way, with one of the kids, she suffered from postpartum depression? Was she forced to have all those kids, or did she do that voluntarily?

Voluntarily. And they are still trying to have more.

http://www.charismanews.com/culture/49684-watch-jim-bob-and-michelle-duggar-trying-for-baby-no-20

So, I’ve been following this story. The issues, IMO, are were these instances simply youthful indiscretions in a highly repressive, hyper-religious household, or were these instances the earliest indicators of an adolescent with emerging pedophilia?

At first, I agreed with one of Gitana’s early posts, that this was probably a case where an adolescent boy in a suffocatingly repressive environment took an opportunity “to cop a feel” or 2, or perhaps was clandestinely “dating” and engaging in heavy petting with another adolescent. Then it came out that the victims were his younger sisters—and at least one or more was “much younger”. As in pre-pubescent. And they were stalked and victimized while vulnerable, and some while sleeping. That’s not a youthful indiscretion, “copping a feel”, or clandestinely dating and petting.

And at first, I was at least satisfied that the parents were involved, and knew what was going on, and disapproved of it. And contacted LE, and sent him to “therapy” camp. Until I heard that they sent him to a completely non-professionally educated religious “friend” who had him do some manual labor (for free?) for a few weeks, and provided “counseling.” And then it came out that the counselor/ mentor is now a felon in PRISON for 60+ years for possessing child *advertiser censored*.

So the more that comes out on this, the more I don’t at all believe that the “issue” was solved—even though it’s been 12 years. The professional literature that I have (albeit very briefly) perused, indicate that JD’s actions are consistent with the earliest expressions of a pedophile. Pedophilia almost always emerges in early adolescence, when all other sexual urges and preferences are emerging. That he is now married with 4 kids (well, 3 and imminently 4), does not exclude the possibility that he may be clinically mentally and physically attracted to prepubescent children. That is a HUGE worry, especially in the close confines of mega-families with repressive sexual ideas.

The only way to address this mess, for JD (IMO), is to voluntarily submit to REAL (not “religious advisors”) medical and psychological evaluation and treatment. If he is a pedophile, he and his wife and extended family need to know that, and he and his wife need to receive appropriate long-term therapy and supervision. If he isn’t, then that will soon be apparent in the evaluations. Pedophilia cannot be “cured”. There are serious doubts in the medical and behavioral sciences whether it can even be “controlled”, with behavior therapy or medication. If he IS a pedophile, he is at serious risk, TODAY, to commit suicide, as well—his entire world, and that of his family, has been shamed and destroyed by this revelation. People struggling with rejecting pedphilic urges often have deep self-hate, and resort to suicide. Technically, JD was only 13-14 at the time of the molestations, and the DSM says over age 16, and victims/ targets at least 5 years younger, for more than 6 months duration. So he may not have met the actual diagnostic criteria for pedophilia when he was 13-14, being under age 16. But now??

I hate to be nosy, but I wanna know what’s on his computers. Because real peodphiles ALWAYS have an outlet for their urges, and most have child *advertiser censored* somewhere.

I am just not convinced that this is over and done with. But this group, because of their fundamentalist views, will go to the ends of the earth, IMO, to cover up or hide anything else related to pedophilia and incest.

http://www.hawaii.edu/hivandaids/Profile of the Adolescent Sex Offender.pdf

*Warning- this one has some explicit verbal descriptions- avoid if sensitive
https://medium.com/matter/youre-16-...o-hurt-anyone-what-do-you-do-now-e11ce4b88bdb

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15985890

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3793342

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9588305

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0160252786900208
Agreed! Especially the BBM. Excellent post!!!:clap::clap::clap::goodpost:

It depends on your definition of "voluntarily." The cult says it's her duty and it's sinful not to have as many children as god gives you - can't disobey your deity. Plus, JimBob is in control, and if he says they have more, she must submit to his wishes like a good wife. There's a lot of coercion, brainwashing, etc. So it may appear voluntary, but I wouldn't necessarily say it is. Even if Michelle herself thinks she wants, it's not an independent choice.

BBM. Are they kidding? Do they expect their "loyal, evangelical" fanbase to support pedophilia, sexual molestation?

I can't for a minute imagine this show being continued and what message it will send about the network and what they call "loyal evangelical's" SMH

You need only to read Mike Huckabee's original statement to understand how an evangelical mindset could continue watching the show.

I've kept out of this discussion until now. The Duggars are representative of the whole Gothard/ ATI cult. When my husband and I started home schooling our kids (1987) Gothard was HUGE in our small circle of HS friends. We were wary with the thought of an unmarried man with no parenting experience prescribing to families how they should live their lives. (Gothard even goes so far as to dictate when in a woman's monthly cycle it is acceptable to have sexual relations! True story)

We were often looked down upon for NOT being Gothard-ites. We made it a point not to criticize those that were following his teachings, feeling that it was not our place. We absolutely KNEW that someday, somehow it would all blow up- and that he was a charlatan. And he is.

And the people who continue to blindly follow both the Gothard/ AIT and Pearl cults continue to harm the name of Christ. They harm the millions of legitimate homeschoolers out there.

There. I said it. TOLD YOU SO Gothardites!

MMJ - it's really good to hear of the normal side! Thank you for your perspective!

OK, OK, I yield!

A far-left kidtoucher is morally superior to a far-right kidtoucher.

Now, as I said above, I won't mention Dunham again.

disclaimer: I'm not a fundie Christian, but I vote "R" b/c I like guns and low taxes.

It has nothing to do with political affiliation. The difference isn't between their adult politics. If someone can't tell the difference between a 7 year old who looks in their baby sister's vagina to see if what mommy said about a uterus is true, and a fully pubertal 14 year old male repeatedly sneaking into his little sister's rooms or whatever, some as young as 5 ad 6, pulling down their pants and groping their private areas for sexual gratification, despite being "disciplined" for such conduct already, I can't help you.

In no way is what Dunham readily admitted to any form of child molesation or pedophilia. Including masturbating next to a sleeping, same sex sibling. The same cant be said for what Josh confessed. Sorry.

I'm not a fan of Dunham or her show. I hear she's always naked on it and the few clips I've seen she just annoys me. I also find her descriptions of these things in her book to be strange and purposefully trying to be shocking. I don't like her. If she had done what Josh had done to little children I would be disgusted. But she didn't. And frankly, despite being opposed to the patriarchal ideology of the Duggars, I like them as people, with the exception of the mom who seemed off. They are mostly sincere, nice people.

Finally, Bill Cosby is a liberal democrat. And I can't say what I think of that rapist for fear of getting in trouble. Suffice it to say that due to his age at times of offenses, his calculated methods, his lies about the victims, and the crushing number of his offenses, I find him to be much more reprehensible than a teenage offending Josh Duggar.

Nope. This ain't about politics. It's about sex abuse and hypocrisy and hiding behind the veil of celebrity.

And......just another thought: What about "dealing with" the concept that as a home schooling teacher, Michelle should be investigated as SHE did not report this incident.....you know, as a mandated reporter, an educator of minors!

PS: K_Z.....I do believe that Pope Francis (IF he had any control of EWTN!) would toss JBD & MD out on their respective rumps rather than add to his cadre of characters! :happydance:

I just wanted to throw this out there as well- here in NY if something like this were to happen- you would immediately go to the police, file the report- get the report and go to family court to file an order of protection to keep him away from the rest of the children. And then move forward as the court states with criminal charges, or treatment or whatever they decide. Child protective services gets pulled in as well.

And if you DON'T do all of these things proactively to protect the other children from the child who commits the offense? You will lose your children. The state will take them into custody or dole them out among family members since at that point you would be viewed as a threat to your child's safety for not protecting them. It's hardcore here.

it was wrong what josh did. 100 percent wrong

but, bringing this up now that the victims are over 18, I believe will do more harm than good to the victims. this should of never went to
media. It should of been the victims choice to go public with the abuse, not the media since most are over 18 now

Yes. In our outrage over the covered up child abuse and the hypocrisy, the actual victims are forgotten. I look at their photos and think how awful they must feel. Contrary to others, I do believe some instances of child sexual abuse carry less traumatic impact than others. In the police interviews, most of the girls didn't actually even remember and were simply made aware that he had been doing this in their sleep, or had vague recollections of him removing a blanket. (Or at least that's what they claimed. I hope that's true). Only one child cried about it.

That at doesn't make Josh's acts any less predatory and despicable. But it does suggest the possibility that some of the girls at least are now experiencing more trauma than they did then and those who were intensely damaged are now having their private wounds publicly reopened.

Add to that the blame they may be feeling in their culture which tends to blame women/girls, at least in part, for their own abuse due to immodesty, not wearing a dress properly, etc., and it's even worse.

I feel so sad about that. And conflicted about the revelation of this explosive news.

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/49776-how-josh-duggar-reveals-a-critical-flaw-in-the-church

"How Josh Duggar Reveals a Critical Flaw in the Church" : title of the above link!

Another article FOCUSED on JD! The victims are barely mentioned: "Duggar recognized his wrongdoing, confessed, repented and has spent his life making up for it. His sin led to his salvation, and we rejoice in that." and " Though Josh deeply regrets his actions, he's still haunted by them, as are the victims of his sexual abuse and others. "

A mixed message is delivered in the last two paragraphs: "... I believe God gave us common sense, and while we are not judge and jury for eternity, we have an obligation to protect the lives around us from those who have sexually victimized others." and "Josh Duggar walks in freedom now from his past, and that is something to celebrate, but the church should do its due diligence and not brush sexual sin under the rug for the sake of a reputation."

Perhaps that "mixed message" is present only to those of the same gender as the article's author as IMVHO, the terms BBM in the quotes were the only way to introduce here that the "ball was dropped" for those innocent young ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23