AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. In our outrage over the covered up child abuse and the hypocrisy, the actual victims are forgotten. I look at their photos and think how awful they must feel. Contrary to others, I do believe some instances of child sexual abuse carry less traumatic impact than others. In the police interviews, most of the girls didn't actually even remember and were simply made aware that he had been doing thus in their sleep, or had vague recollections of him removing a blanket. Only one child cried about it.

That at doesn't make Josh's acts any less predatory and despicable. But it does suggest the possibility that some of the girls at least are now experiencing more trauma than they did then and those who were damaged are now having their private wounds publicly reopened.

Add to that the blame they may be feeling in their culture which tends to blame women/girls, at least in part, for their own abuse due to immodesty, not wearing a dress properly, etc., and it's even worse.

I feel so sad about that. And conflicted about the revelation of this explosive news.

Agree. This is the saddest part perhaps that the girls put it behind them, of their own volition, and it is being dragged up and only now traumitizing them and did not before .

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I’m sickened and atounded by the number of comments on the web about how this “situation” is an opportunity provided by “God” for everyone to show forgiveness toward Josh and the Duggar parents. And an opportunity for Josh to demonstrate his strength, repentance, and faithfulness toward God.

And comments that it was just "no big deal"-- no one was really hurt, etc.

Really??? IMO, this attitude is nothing more than misogynistic patriarchal crap, aimed at excusing and justifying the inexcusable. It has just nothing at all to do with piety. This is the base of “evangelical fans” that TLC is recruiting and pandering to. Incest and molestation are excusable, if only you pray about forgiving the abuser. And hey, the girls are bringing in more viewers, with the weddings and baby showers and all. And besides, they’re only girls—just a uterus waiting to be continuously filled at the “appropriate” time—it’s not like they are real people, right?

And when I think about what Mom Michelle likely said to her daughters when this happened, I really feel sick. Because I’m sure the conversations were paved with instructions and Bible verses on how to pray a lot for their abuser and forgive him, because it wasn’t his fault that he was weak and lead into “wrongdoing”.

Jim Bob and Michelle AND Josh need to stand up in public and say they are sorry for intentionally misleading so many people, and failing all of their children. And then disappear from public life, permanently, to work on their own houses. But that's too much to hope for, I suppose.

Give this a few weeks, the outrage will blow over, Josh will be selling used cars again, and the "girls" will be featured on a newly evolved Duggar Girls TLC series.

People that don't believe in forgiveness must be miserable and bitter people. I'm not talking just about eternal forgiveness, but personal forgiveness. Especially on something that doesn't have a thing to do with them. And no, forgiveness does not mean lack of consequences for those who want to go there. Eternal forgiveness doesn't even save you from consequences. It must be great to sit behind a keyboard and condemn someone AND EVEN THEIR FAMILY for a despicable act and/or their beliefs. Talk about "Holier than thou"... SMH

That's what sickens me.

OK, this is where my confusion about whether or not JimBob actually told a pastor or just an elder of his church stems from:

What’s more, Jim Bob informed the elders of his church about Joshua’s actions and they waited three months before contacting authorities. The explosive new information is contained in a Springdale, Ark., police report obtained by In Touch magazine.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/...leged-sex-offenses-for-more-than-a-year-58906

Now....if he just told an elder, and it was only an elder (and not the pastor) who talked to Josh, then they're not considered a mandatory reporter.

....Except apparently, they did go to authorities. Or was that just the highway patrol guy? And how does the fact that there's an actual police report fit into all this?

Does anyone have a handle on this? Please clarify! Thank you!
My question would be: Was the former trooper a member of their congregation at the time or just a "family friend" as stated by JBD?

I don't see how any of it got past the pastor of the church regardless of who JBD told initially as it was up for discussion on how to handle it according to reports.

IMO, baby molesters cannot ever be cured.

The quiver will try to protect him, because girls and women are not worthy of rights.

Sick and disgusting. Those poor children.

I don't think a 14 year old is a baby molester. He is a baby himself, if you think about it.

People that don't believe in forgiveness must be miserable and bitter people. I'm not talking just about eternal forgiveness, but personal forgiveness. Especially on something that doesn't have a thing to do with them. And no, forgiveness does not mean lack of consequences for those who want to go there. Eternal forgiveness doesn't even save you from consequences. It must be great to sit behind a keyboard and condemn someone AND EVEN THEIR FAMILY for a despicable act and/or their beliefs. Talk about "Holier than thou"... SMH

That's what sickens me.

You mean the same way the Duggars condemn gays and their families for something that doesn't have a thing to do with them?

I don't think a 14 year old is a baby molester. He is a baby himself, if you think about it.

So Philip Chism isn't a murderer, because he was just a baby of 14 when he killed his teacher?

Not following the logic.

Agree. This is the saddest part perhaps that the girls put it behind them, of their own volition, and it is being dragged up and only now traumitizing them and did not before .

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I don't think we can know that the girls put it behind them of their own volition. As K_Z said, their parents probably "counseled" them to forgive their molester. And they were young children at the time. How could they do anything of that magnitude of their own volition?

You mean the same way the Duggars condemn gays and their families for something that doesn't have a thing to do with them?

The Duggars believe that homosexuality is wrong and speak out against it. They have that right. There is also a difference in condemning a sin and condemning a person. Something a lot of folks should learn. Left and Right.

Excuse me, a 14-year-old is no "baby" and he was certainly old enough to know right from wrong and that that's NOT how you channel your hormones, certainly not onto your family members. Why didn't he just go off and mastubate instead???

The Duggars believe that homosexuality is wrong and speak out against it. They have that right. There is also a difference in condemning a sin and condemning a person. Something a lot of folks should learn. Left and Right.

They are on record as labeling gays as child predators strictly on the basis of their sexual orientation. How is that not condemning a person(s)?

Excuse me, a 14-year-old is no "baby" and he was certainly old enough to know right from wrong and that that's NOT how you channel your hormones, certainly not onto your family members. Why didn't he just go off and mastubate instead???

I'm sure he was taught that masturbation is wrong.

I don't think we can know that the girls put it behind them of their own volition. As K_Z said, their parents probably "counseled" them to forgive their molester. And they were young children at the time. How could they do anything of that magnitude of their own volition?

Bingo! This is more parental brainwashing, forgiveness is not necessary to go on with your life. Certain crimes are not forgiveable, that's just intimidation and white-washing a crime!

TLC is considering dropping Josh and continue filming?? What about JB and M, I feel they should be dropped, and as such, the entire show should be cancelled, including any spinoffs with the girls. J&A and the entire Duggar household needs to be investigated and attend counseling. How can they possibly film with the elephant in the room.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-josh-duggar-19-kids-report-article-1.2233122

I just don't see any way this show or offshoots can continue. I watched some reruns after the initial news came out and my family kept spouting off every two seconds adding "commentary" to what the Duggars were saying. Everything they added as if coming from the mouths of the Duggars was of molestion. Eg: Show narration: "And what's next for the Duggar family?" My family's comment: "An explosive sex scandal!"

TLC interview question: "What do you like best about the new house?" My family's response: "No fear of Josh molesting me in the middle of the night."

And so on.

The tv audience will never again be able to view these people as he wholesome, happy and child-centered family they've portrayed themselves to be. Every single moment of every episode will be tainted by the child sexual abuse - wondering who suffered what, are there more perps, more victims, other incidents of abuse, how they all really feel about what happened, about themselves and each other, analyzing everything they do like side hugs and big sisters co-sleeping with little ones, the buddy system, etc., within the specter of the sexual abuse.

It won't work. Imo.

The minute josh admitted to this I knew the show was over. The only thing I can possibly see is a somber show about how the family overcame this "crisis".

I went back to view this clip and wish I had not. I didn't know how many of each gender were in this family but at the time of this video there are only 5 girls in the family :( So........ ugh !

One victim was a non-family member so we can't really know for sure who was abused and hopefully won't.

It depends on your definition of "voluntarily." The cult says it's her duty and it's sinful not to have as many children as god gives you - can't disobey your deity. Plus, JimBob is in control, and if he says they have more, she must submit to his wishes like a good wife. There's a lot of coercion, brainwashing, etc. So it may appear voluntary, but I wouldn't necessarily say it is. Even if Michelle herself thinks she wants, it's not an independent choice.

It's quite complex. As I've said, I've researched the family and their movement intensively. And yes, much of what you're saying is true. Especially for those born into this. However, in this particular family, I believe Michelle Duggar not only was a prime orchestrator of the couple's evolution into the Christian patriarchy movmement but likely THE prime mover between the two. What I've researched indicates that it was Michelle, in fact, who first and more readily embraced the more restrictive and gender-stratified elements of the movement and led her husband to do the same.

I sense a great, martyred fervor in her. She relishes the status and attention the babies give her. I do feel from my research that she sort of enjoys all that more than an actual bond with her kids.

But I guess it's about agency. And I think Michelle has expressed her agency via a sincere adoption of the values of the patriarchy.

They are on record as labeling gays as child predators strictly on the basis of their sexual orientation. How is that not condemning a person(s)?

I would like to see a direct quote where they said that. Not where the media twisted it.

Yes. In our outrage over the covered up child abuse and the hypocrisy, the actual victims are forgotten. I look at their photos and think how awful they must feel. Contrary to others, I do believe some instances of child sexual abuse carry less traumatic impact than others. In the police interviews, most of the girls didn't actually even remember and were simply made aware that he had been doing this in their sleep, or had vague recollections of him removing a blanket. (Or at least that's what they claimed. I hope that's true). Only one child cried about it.

That at doesn't make Josh's acts any less predatory and despicable. But it does suggest the possibility that some of the girls at least are now experiencing more trauma than they did then and those who were intensely damaged are now having their private wounds publicly reopened.

Add to that the blame they may be feeling in their culture which tends to blame women/girls, at least in part, for their own abuse due to immodesty, not wearing a dress properly, etc., and it's even worse.

I feel so sad about that. And conflicted about the revelation of this explosive news.
While everything you said could be true (and probably is), let's not miss the bigger picture of this coming to light now and the victims having to go through it all even if the memories and trauma were minimal at the onset. It isn't just about the original 5 victims anymore as we don't know if there are more victims and how this revelation will impact those lives today. When crimes are finally exposed, chances are many will have to relive the past and face forgotten horrors. The end result is to put a stop to it and protect others going forward. The parents had more than one chance, but failed. The victims are going through this today because of that failure to act all those years ago.

I would like to see a direct quote where they said that. Not where the media twisted it.

Josh Duggar is executive director of the FRC. Are you suggesting he did not believe what they stated and promoted? A partial Statement from the FRC currently on their website:
"However, despite efforts by homosexual activists to distance the gay lifestyle from pedophilia, there remains a disturbing connection between the two. This is because, by definition, male homosexuals are sexually attracted to other males. While many homosexuals may not seek young sexual partners, the evidence indicates that disproportionate numbers of gay men seek adolescent males or boys as sexual partners. In this paper we will consider the following evidence linking homosexuality to pedophilia:

Pedophiles are invariably males: Almost all sex crimes against children are committed by men.

Significant numbers of victims are males: Up to one-third of all sex crimes against children are committed against boys (as opposed to girls).

The 10 percent fallacy: Studies indicate that, contrary to the inaccurate but widely accepted claims of sex researcher Alfred Kinsey, homosexuals comprise between 1 to 3 percent of the population.

Homosexuals are overrepresented in child sex offenses: Individuals from the 1 to 3 percent of the population that is sexually attracted to the same sex are committing up to one-third of the sex crimes against children.

Some homosexual activists defend the historic connection between homosexuality and pedophilia: Such activists consider the defense of "boy-lovers" to be a legitimate gay rights issue.

Pedophile themes abound in homosexual literary culture: Gay fiction as well as serious cademic treatises promote "intergenerational intimacy."

MALE HOMOSEXUALS COMMIT A DISPROPORTIONATE NUMBER OF CHILD SEX ABUSE CASES
Homosexual apologists admit that some homosexuals sexually molest children, but they deny that homosexuals are more likely to commit such offenses. After all, they argue, the majority of child molestation cases are heterosexual in nature. While this is correct in terms of absolute numbers, this argument ignores the fact that homosexuals comprise only a very small percentage of the population.

The evidence indicates that homosexual men molest boys at rates grossly disproportionate to the rates at which heterosexual men molest girls. To demonstrate this it is necessary to connect several statistics related to the problem of child sex abuse: 1) men are almost always the perpetrator; 2) up to one-third or more of child sex abuse cases are committed against boys; 3) less than three percent of the population are homosexuals. Thus, a tiny percentage of the population (homosexual men), commit one-third or more of the cases of child sexual molestation." .http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=is02e3

Oh, I was mistaken. It wasn't gays, it was transgenders.

"Hello, this is Michelle Duggar. I’m calling to inform you of some shocking news that would affect the safety of Northwest Arkansas women and children. The Fayetteville City Council is voting on an ordinance this Tuesday night that would allow men – yes, I said men – to use women's and girls' restrooms, locker rooms, showers, sleeping areas and other areas that are designated for females only. I don’t believe the citizens of Fayetteville would want males with past child predator convictions that claim they are female to have a legal right to enter private areas that are reserved for women and girls. I doubt that Fayetteville parents would stand for a law that would endanger their daughters or allow them to be traumatized by a man joining them in their private space. We should never place the preference of an adult over the safety and innocence of a child. Parents, who do you want undressing next to your daughter at the public swimming pool’s private changing area?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/18/michelle-duggar-anti-discrimination-proposal_n_5689840.html

In this video, J&A went out to eat and J&JD were the chaperones. Between 4:00 and 4:20 mark, Josh makes a joke about being on a "double date" with siblings J&JD, saying "Hey, we are from Arkansas!", with a sick laugh:

[video=youtube;70m_Z3x9Gu4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70m_Z3x9Gu4&feature=youtu.be[/video]]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member