DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way if you are innocent of any wrong doing in the events you are being grilled about by LE is to tell the truth. Making up a lie is not covering your *advertiser censored* but covering up something you do not want someone to know or think about you directly related or not. Whether he did something stupid-- as I am and others have conjectured before, like take pics of the cash on his phone he was covering something or thinking he should cover big or small. Yes and I agree even if you are totally innocent of any wrong doing you might be scarred, nervous or whatever, but if you start lying there is a reason, whether big or small and the fact that you are being questioned well you are caught up in it. As far as being in danger LE believes there were others involved this they have communicated. We don't get to see everything LE knows from the Witnesses only what they need for the warrants and charges for Wint. Maybe those witness know more and the other perps know that those witnesses know more.
You aren't obligated to talk to LE to begin with.
He could have asked for a lawyer and refused to talk.

I agree. I think AS called SS and said come home "I'm going out", and he knew something was wrong. They are busy people with commitments to work, charity events, kids in private school and boarding schools out of state, extended family commitments, friends, fundraisers,etc. Things are scheduled out weeks and months in advance. And PS had a concussion; why would she leave him ? She wouldn't.
If I called my husband and said come home now because I'm going out. He'd say whatever do you mean? Because I would never say that. I would say I'm going out to check on my mother or run to the grocery store or go pick up x at y. Most women give every little detail. I think DDW told AS to say what he'd say and SS knew something was not quite right. JMO

I agree, too. Most people with busy careers and other obligations and families schedule things in advance, especially when it will impact an also-busy spouse. I doubt she was the type to just go out on a whim without having coverage for their son and I would bet that she would have been more likely to call one of the housekeepers or a sitter or ask the parent of a friend if he could come over than call her husband home early from work. I think she and Philip were already under the control of the intruders and I would bet that they wanted Savvas home because they quickly surmised that Amy could not access large amounts of cash.

Yes, and why did she keep going back to the crime scene to give all those interviews, hair, nails and makeup coiffed, different outfits and expensive sunglasses, every time. who keeps going back to the torturous crime scene. News reporter would have gladly gone to her (they interviewed VF's husband in a home) But no not NG, instead she keeps going to the burnt out property. Where police and reporters are standing guard. It makes no sense. She has never seemed broken emotionally.

Because she couldn't help herself .. Something exciting was happening and she was getting attention. JMO.

Yep! There have got to be traffic cameras in that area. I wonder if we can look through feeds to see if there is a red car cruising around.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

That's a fantastic idea! I can view live here but is it possible to view recorded portions as well? I'm going to see if there is an option to do so!

MOO: I think we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg, and this case will eventually reveal a lot more about various people and their creative financial arrangements. . . .

Agree. All along I thought the $40,000 was very strange. Ransom? I don't think the criminals were that stupid. $4Million is more like it for ransom, considering the financial status SS had. SS does own an Investment firm in Puerto Rico, so this causes me to go hmmm. I also get the sense that SS was a very trusting, down to earth kind of person, willing to give the shirt off his back to another in need. SS's friendliness and generosity may have made him very vulnerable and open to the type of crime that took his and others' lives. I don't know if the S's would be what is called "nouveau riche" or if they came from old money. I can tell you that in my neck of the woods the two different types lead very very different lifestyles, one much more exposed,than the other.

I do not have a good feeling about the assistant at all.

The perp(s) may have asked for more, but without getting the FBI or police involved, rounding up huge amounts of cash is incredibly difficult. $40,000 may have been all he could get his hands on in less than 24 hours. People watch too many movies. Most people in legitimate business do NOT have tens of thousands of dollars in cash on hand. Perhaps the perp(s) are familiar with successful drug dealers who often have mounds of cash lying around, because they cannot put large sums of money in the bank without reporting it. Legitimate businesses and people who work for/with them don't care if large deposits/withdrawals are made. If you are using it for lawful purposes and paying taxes on it, why would you care if there's a paper trail?

If given time and freedom of movement, I'm sure SS could have come up with more money. But less than 24 hours, without forewarning and without being able to personally meet with bankers - unlikely. It is unusual and difficult/time-consuming for a legitimate business to round up a large amount of cash because there aren't too many instances where that is necessary. Wire and account transfers and rarely cashier's checks are much safer, faster and easier.

If these guys were sophisticated criminals, they could have set up an anonymous off-shore account in a country without an extradition treaty and had millions transferred into it, but I don't even know if that can be done without going to the prospect bank in person. Obviously these are not rocket scientists. They are brutal, evil psychopaths who made at least a few mistakes. I'm so glad LE has shown itself to be much more than competent!

Unless one was not allowed to drive for legal reasons, why would a CEO use their Porsche 911 as the automobile to be chauffeured around in? That would look silly...

What's the story on the Bentley? I saw the photos that the assistant apparently posted showing the steering wheel of the vehicles. Do we know for a fact that SS had a Bentley? If so, maybe the assistant was driving it that day?

Good grief, I'm of the mindset that just about anything is possible in this case...

Could be that DW did it all by himself
Could be that he had lots of accomplices
Could be that DW was "hired" to do this... yes, I know, it's very obvious that he was no professional hitman

This is the photo in which you can see the two cars in the driveway. I have read that there is another photo in which another car can be seen in the garage. I assume that is the red car in which the money was placed.
66efc194eba99219d1ec9a9f0318be86.jpg

This is a photo from Google Map street view of the red car on the street across from the garage/driveway area of the house. Screen Shot 2015-05-23 at 4.34.30 PM.jpg

Maybe answered already. I used to open a bank. The vaults were on timers and could only be opened just before normal business hours. All that scrambling around money out the door and photographed by 9am ....almost impossible imoo.
Would each bank branch have $40K cash on hand to dispense to an individual wishing to make an immediate withdrawl? Or would it likely have been requested the previous business day in order for the transfer to be made? Curious.

MOO

Regarding work associated with the house:

House in Woodley Park

3201 Woodland Dr NW is a house located at 3201 Woodland Dr NW, Washington, DC 20008, in the area is commonly known as Woodley Park.

Built in 1928, this low rise building is 2 stories tall and contains apartments. It is owned by Leonard A Sacks Trustee.

And

Complaints, Violations & Permits
Date & Status Summary
03/21/2013 ISSUED

PERMIT Construction Building Permit For Addition Alteration Repair
Building permit #B1303218 was issued to begin Addition Alteration Repair work on 21 Mar 04:00. It was requested by Daniel Harrison for the purpose of KITCHEN ADDITION, RENOVATION, GARAGE ADDITION, NEW COVERED PORCH, NEW FRONT ENTRY..

Status last updated on Apartable at 2014-08-03 12:59:45 UTC.
Note: past or pending litigation isn't necessarily indicative of a serious problem with a building or landlord.

Information concerning this building, including complaints, violations and litigation actions, were obtained from various public records. The information is presented for informational and educational purposes only, and Apartable makes no guarantees or warranties as to the accuracy or reliablity of such information or its fitness for a particular purpose.

http://apartable.com/buildings/3201-woodland-dr-nw-washington-dc

RSBM

Could this be why driver/assistant lied, fibbed, misspoke?

If I'm going to launder money, I'm not going to get my accountant, company brass and my new assistant/driver involved.:facepalm:

Unless one was not allowed to drive for legal reasons, why would a CEO use their Porsche 911 as the automobile to be chauffeured around in? That would look silly...

Plus, I believe from the start, it was stated that the Porsche was Amy's car.

Thanks Tillicum! I read it on The Washington Post. I will see if I can find the link for you.

Right- and it specifically states on page five of the 8 page document from "charging papers" that W1 stated he lied. He said it himself.

I agree after seeing the pictures that he definitely overstepped his boundaries as an employee. I mean even if he didn't overstep, the pictures overtly bragging about cars like he's all "cash money hoes" or fabulous or something are totally tacky. It's really gauche to brag about money. And really not classy. His pictures convey that. Totally douchey.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

The "lying" thing bugs me. Maybe he lied. Or maybe he changed his story and then the interrogator backed him into a corner where one of the statements had to be the truth and the other had to be a lie. Hey, I've seen Law and Order... :)

In this from Fox 5 it sounds like NG was aware of the original purpose for the money before talking to the assistant after the fire. To me it sounds like she only confirmed it was dropped off when she asked him after the fire. Some have thought she only learned of it after it was reported in the media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhKYS6cscSY
Thanks for sending this youtube, did anyone catch the part where the investigative reports were looking into this property and the business, the property as I understood it being split between AIW and the Sigma Enterprises (not sure of this name) but "not in good tax standing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82